How do you deal with clique-builders?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Captain2" data-cite="Captain2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44057" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Either get rid of the Clique or get rid of the shamed person. Or alternatively, try to meddle and fix the relationship before the clique turns on them.</div></blockquote><p> Meddling always end up negtively for me</p>

<p>It happened for me in 1997 scenario, when after two weeks, and couple of shows, most of lockeroom had tensions with Owen Hart due to the HBK plotting against him.</p><p>

Based on this i believe this manipulating needs overhauling, because i can not understand how drug addict with pricky attitude could turn everybody against Owen, who was apparently very liked in the lockeroom?</p><p> </p><p>

When they start turning workers against each other the only thing you can do is positive meedle, but first between DIesel and Bam Bam.</p>

<p>Well, it looks that i've found a way to avoid that problem, but it only works for cult and bigger size companies. It's to create a positive backstage enviroment, by organizing transport, paying it and also paying catering, masseuse and chiropractors. </p><p> </p><p>

If you're a regional company with limited sources, you can only fire the people who are causing the trouble.</p><p> </p><p>

EDIT: Failed, it didn't stop Diesel from worsening the situation, and i'm at a new game. I'm considering the positive meddling.</p>

<p>Have lots of positive personalities/locker room leaders around, and try and minimise the number of negative personalities.</p><p> </p><p>

However, sometimes you have to take the hit. In my 1991 game, Tom Zenk ended up with simmering tension with about 30 members of my locker room because Dusty Rhodes poisoned them against him. Even nice guys like Sting and Owen Hart took a dislike to him.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44057" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Have lots of positive personalities/locker room leaders around, and try and minimise the number of negative personalities.<p> </p><p> However, sometimes you have to take the hit. In my 1991 game, Tom Zenk ended up with simmering tension with about 30 members of my locker room because Dusty Rhodes poisoned them against him. Even nice guys like Sting and Owen Hart took a dislike to him.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well, to be fair, my understanding is that Zenk has always been a bit stuck on himself. Even without somebody actively trying to poison people against you, that could tend to annoy nice guys.</p>

<p>Happened to me in my 1998 game. Nash (and the rest of his buddies) got almost my entire locker room turned against Roddy Piper. Unfortunately the only thing I could do was release Piper. Really screwed with my plans though, as I was going to put him in the commentary booth, but when you have guys like Booker, Jericho, Goldberg, Steiner, Flair, Arn Anderson, etc hating a guy, you have no other choice.</p><p> </p><p>

I agree it also needs to be overhauled. Negative attitude workers should be really less likely to turn other workers against the majority of the locker room, especially with people who are locker room leaders or positive influences.</p>

Archived