MAW: The Documentary

http://i.imgur.com/ZvnFwTy.jpg

Mid Atlantic Wrestling: The Documentary

Starring

'The Trademark' Thomas Morgan

Prologue

[After you press play on your Netflix account, the scene lights up to show an empty desk that almost looks like it is inside of a prison. A small window up in the corner allows light inside the room. Otherwise, the room is pretty dingy and dark. A cough can be heard from behind the camera and then a voiceover begins to speak.]

[The Grand Avatar:] "Are we on? Yes? January 2016. This is a month that looks like it will bring about a change in Mid Atlantic Wrestling. The change has come in the form of a brand new person in charge of the direction of the company. The owner, Sam Keith, has brought in a man that many people believe should have made his mark in the industry a long time ago. Introducing a 23 year professional wrestling veteran, Thomas Morgan."

http://i.imgur.com/wMbiRgS.jpg

[After a moment, Thomas Morgan walks into view of the camera. He reaches out and pulls back a chair, a screech sounds as he does so. He sits down in the chair and looks up into the camera.]

[Thomas Morgan:] "Thank you for having me this evening."

[The Grand Avatar:] "Thank you for being a part of this documentary. As you know, each and every month, we will be bringing the best of Mid Atlantic Wrestling to Netflix. The ins and outs of the professional wrestling business will be brought to light for the fans and for the aspiring professional wrestlers. To begin with, please tell the viewers a little bit about yourself and why you are here."

[Thomas Morgan shifts slightly uncomfortably in the chair before finding a more relaxed position.]

[Thomas Morgan:] "My name is 'The Trademark' Thomas Morgan. As of January 1, 2016, I am the Head Booker of Mid Atlantic Wrestling. This means that, among many other duties, I book the matches. I make the decisions on who to put on the card and who to leave out. I take this job very seriously because professional wrestling has been my life for 23 years. I am 41 years old and I am from the Canadian Province of Quebec. This means that I speak both English and French fluently. I will be taking you through this first month of Mid Atlantic Wrestling. In the month of January, we hold a tournament called The Rip Chord Invitational. The winner of this tournament receives a trophy and a bonus. One of the first things that I have done, however, is to up the ante. I have decided that the winner of the Rip Chord Invitational will receive a Confederation Of The Territories World Heavyweight title shot at our second event named The Wrestling Classic. However, I am getting ahead of myself."

[The Grand Avatar:] "So why Mid Atlantic? Why did you choose this promotion?"

[Thomas Morgan:] "I have been viewed by many as one of those 'coulda, shoulda, woulda' stories. I have wrestled for over two decades without becoming part of a major promotion. I believe one of the reasons for that is that I am not willing to cut the throats of my fellow competitors to get ahead. This is a cut-throat business where those willing to sacrifice their friends get to the top. We have seen it time and again with Sammy Bach and Teddy Powell a good example. I am simply unwilling to do that to someone who is running the same race and jumping the same hurdles that I am."

[The Grand Avatar:] "There are some who say that you have done just that to Jay Fair. You are taking over his former position, right?"

[Thomas Morgan:] "I have actually spoken with Jay and gotten his permission to take the job. I would not have taken the job if that were not true. He would like to focus on his family and his refereeing duties. I cannot say that I blame him. The tolls that this job can take on you are tremendous when you are in just one position. But, back to your question, why MAW? The truth is that I have chosen this promotion because it is not in competition with the big boys. That is not what this promotion is about. This promotion is about developing the talent of the future. As Head Booker of MAW, I will not be cutting any throats. I will simply be developing talent until they are ready to move on to another promotion. Once they are contacted by any other promotion, they have a choice to make. If they believe they are far enough in their training, they can move on to their future. If they believe they are not far enough along, they can decline the other promotion and remain on the active roster here. However, we do have a rule that if you work for MAW it must be your only promotion."

[The Grand Avatar:] "What about Greg Gauge?"

[Thomas Morgan actually cracks a smile when asked about Greg Gauge]

[Thomas Morgan:] "He's the boss's son. At the end of the day, he is here because he believes in what his father is doing and wants to help. But he, also, wants to further his own career. His father handles his contract."

[The Grand Avatar:] "Alright. Now, let's begin with the very first month of Mid Atlantic Wrestling."

[The Prologue video comes to an end with the credits rolling.]

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i.imgur.com/ZvnFwTy.jpg</span><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><em><span style="font-family:'book Antiqua';"><strong>Mid Atlantic Wrestling: The Documentary</strong></span></em></span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;"><em><span style="font-family:'book Antiqua';"><strong>

Starring</strong></span></em></span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;"><em><span style="font-family:'book Antiqua';"><strong>

'The Trademark' Thomas Morgan</strong></span></em></span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;"><em><span style="font-family:'book Antiqua';"><strong>

January 2016</strong></span></em></span></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"><em>[Play is pressed on the Netflix account and the scene shows a dimly lit room. In the room is only a desk, a high window and a chair. A voiceover from behind the camera begins to speak.]</em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"><strong>[The Grand Avatar:]</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> "We have arrived at the beginning of this documentary focused on the professional wrestling promotion called Mid Atlantic Wrestling. We are one day before the annual Rip Chord Invitational Tournament. We are lucky to be joined here this evening by the man responsible for that tournament and for the day to day activities of Mid Atlantic Wrestling, Thomas Morgan."</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

</span></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i.imgur.com/wMbiRgS.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"><em>[Thomas Morgan steps onscreen and sits down in the formerly empty chair. He leans the chair back slightly, placing his feet against the leg of a table. He seems fairly relaxed at this moment. He looks up in the camera.]</em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"><strong>[Thomas Morgan:]</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> "Thank you, once again, for having me here. I am glad to reach a larger audience for my promotion."</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"><strong>[The Grand Avatar:]</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> "Thank you, Mr. Morgan. Each and every month, we will be bringing you, the viewers, the best of Mid Atlantic Wrestling. In the last video, we learned more about who you are and what you do with this company, Mr. Morgan, tonight we would like to begin by talking about the Confederation Of The Territories. Can you please explain to our viewers just what this alliance is exactly?"</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"><strong>[Thomas Morgan:]</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> "In 2011, Sam Keith, my boss, made the decision to create an alliance that would benefit several wrestling promotions. The founding members of this alliance included Mid Atlantic Wrestling, New York City Wrestling and Coastal Zone Championship Wrestling in the United States. It has soon grown to become international to include Canadian Charisma Championship Combat in Canada and Original Lucha Libre Is Eternal in Mexico. This alliance shares talent between the five promotions and keeps territories sacred, such that none of those promotions can run a show in any of the other promotions' territories."</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"><strong>[The Grand Avatar:]</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> "What are these territories?"</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"><strong>[Thomas Morgan:]</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> "We, obviously, cover the Mid Atlantic region of the United States. The other two United States promotions cover the Tri State area and the South West area. In Canada, 4C covers Ontario and in Mexico, OLLIE covers the West Central territory."</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"><strong>[The Grand Avatar:]</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> "Would you say that the COTT group is looking to expand?"</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"><strong>[Thomas Morgan:]</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> "There are always talks and rumors going on about promotions being brought on board. However, I will never actually believe the rumors until they actually happen."</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"><strong>[The Grand Avatar:]</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> "Let's change subjects for a moment and talk about the Rip Chord Invitational Tournament that will take place tomorrow night. We have heard that you will be making some changes to that tournament. Can you elaborate on those changes?"</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"><strong>[Thomas Morgan:]</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> "Absolutely. The Rip Chord Invitational Tournament is a major part of our company and has been since 2006 when the first tournament was held and won by Mainstream Hernandez. Since then, there have been three wrestlers who have won it twice and seven wrestlers who have won the tournament overall. This year, I have decided to make the tournament slightly different than in previous years. Tomorrow night, there will be three triple threat matches that will be one fall apiece. The winners of those matches will make one triple threat match that will be determined elimination style. The winner of that match will be crowned the Rip Chord Invitational Champion. Not only will that person receive the trophy that goes along with the victory but that person will be guaranteed a Confederation of the Territories World Heavyweight title match at Wrestling Classic in February. That current champion is Nicolas Lopez. But who knows who the champion might be in a month's time."</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"><strong>[The Grand Avatar:]</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> "Can you name some of the competitors in the Rip Chord Invitational Tournament this year?"</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"><strong>[Thomas Morgan:]</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> "I will do better than that. At the end of the show, I will produce to you a graphic that lists the matches that will take place, including the two matches that will not be part of the tournament."</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"><strong>[The Grand Avatar:]</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> "I appreciate that. We have, also, received some information that I want to get your thoughts on. We have learned that, outside of the COTT, Mid Atlantic Wrestling has created a working agreement with All Canada Pro Wrestling. Is there any truth to this?"</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"><strong>[Thomas Morgan:]</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"><em>[Chuckling]</em></span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> "Sam told me you might ask about this subject. All I am at liberty to say is that All Canada Pro Wrestling owner Daedalus Buckinsky approached Sam Keith about sharing talent between the two wrestling promotions. Sam agreed to that and that is all I am at liberty to say."</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"><strong>[The Grand Avatar:]</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> "I want to end this video with a look at the wrestling industry as a whole right now. Lately, we have seen United States Pro Wrestling signing up a bunch of wrestlers, including wrestlers in the COTT promotions. This includes Roger Cage of NYCW and Masked Cougar of CZCW. May I get your final thoughts on these signings?"</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"><strong>[Thomas Morgan:]</strong></span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> "Good for these guys. While we will miss them in the alliance, I do understand wanting to get signed by USPW. They are the big time right now. But I don't think Masked Cougar will be the type of wrestler that thrives in USPW. He will always be welcomed back in the alliance if he makes the decision to leave USPW. Thank you for this documentary and I hope that everyone enjoys the Rip Chord Invitational Tournament."</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"><em>[The video comes to an end with the credits rolling. Following the credits is a list of the matches at the Rip Chord Invitational Tournament:]</em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

</span></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"><strong>Prediction Listing:</strong></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

Rip Chord Invitational Tournament: </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

Deuce Deadline vs. Cheetah Boy vs. El Mitico Jr.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

Comments: </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

Rip Chord Invitational Tournament: </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

George Wolfe vs. Bradley Blaze vs. Josh Jacobs</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

Comments: </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

The Architect vs. Thomas Morgan vs. Miller Fforde</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

Mid Atlantic Tag Team Titles Match: </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

The Dynamite Express defend vs. Nate DeMarcus & Tyrone Gray</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

Rip Chord Invitational Tournament Finals:</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

??? vs. ??? vs. ???</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

Mid Atlantic Championship Match</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

Greg Gauge defends vs. Copperhead</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Lucida Sans Unicode';">

Comments: </span></p>

Rip Chord Invitational Tournament:

Deuce Deadline vs. Cheetah Boy vs. El Mitico Jr.

Comments:

George Wolfe vs. Bradley Blaze vs. Josh Jacobs

Comments:

The Architect vs. Thomas Morgan vs. Miller Fforde

Comments:

Mid Atlantic Tag Team Titles Match:

The Dynamite Express defend vs. Nate DeMarcus & Tyrone Gray

Comments:

Rip Chord Invitational Tournament Finals:

The Architect vs. George Wolfe vs. Cheetah Boy

Comments:

Mid Atlantic Championship Match

Greg Gauge defends vs. Copperhead

Comments:

<p>Rip Chord Invitational Tournament: </p><p>

Deuce Deadline vs. <strong>Cheetah Boy </strong>vs. El Mitico Jr.</p><p>

Comments: </p><p> </p><p>

Rip Chord Invitational Tournament: </p><p>

<strong>George Wolfe</strong> vs. Bradley Blaze vs. Josh Jacobs</p><p>

<strong>The Architect </strong>vs. Thomas Morgan vs. Miller Fforde</p><p>

Mid Atlantic Tag Team Titles Match: </p><p>

<strong>The Dynamite Express</strong> defend vs. Nate DeMarcus & Tyrone Gray</p><p>

Rip Chord Invitational Tournament Finals:</p><p>

<strong>Cheetah boy</strong> vs The Architect vs George Wolf</p><p>

Mid Atlantic Championship Match</p><p>

<strong>Greg Gauge defends</strong> vs. Copperhead</p><p>

Comments:</p>

<p>Rip Chord Invitational Tournament: </p><p>

Deuce Deadline vs. <strong>Cheetah Boy</strong> vs. El Mitico Jr.</p><p>

Comments: Deuce simply can't work twice in one night (unless the matches are one minute each) El Mitico is an unknown and Cheetah boy is awsome.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>George Wolfe</strong> vs. Bradley Blaze vs. Josh Jacobs</p><p>

Comments: Jacobs is a midcard act at best, Blaze is great but Wolfe is more established at this point.</p><p> </p><p>

The Architect vs. Thomas Morgan vs. <strong>Miller Fforde</strong></p><p>

Comments: This could see any of them win. My heart say the Architect but my head says Miller.</p><p> </p><p>

Mid Atlantic Tag Team Titles Match: </p><p>

<strong>The Dynamite Express</strong> defend vs. Nate DeMarcus & Tyrone Gray</p><p>

Comments: I think they'll keep the belts by cheating to build up to the rubber match later on down the road.</p><p> </p><p>

Rip Chord Invitational Tournament Finals:</p><p>

<strong>Cheetah Boy</strong> vs. George Wolfe vs. Miller Fforde</p><p>

Comments: Because he's awesome.</p><p> </p><p>

Mid Atlantic Championship Match</p><p>

<strong>Greg Gauge</strong> defends vs. Copperhead</p><p>

Comments: The easiest match to call on the card. Copperhead needs some more time in the midcard and Remus will be back to challenge Gauge next month.</p>

Archived