Misleading Steam descriptions for multiple GDS games on Steam.

Recently I've been looking at the Steam descriptions for the Grey Dog Software games on Steam. This post will just focus on the worst offending game (in my opinion) Wrestling Spirit 3.

If you've ever played Wrestling Spirit 3 then you realise that whilst the math system is much smoother ,and just overall better, the career mode, compared to previous installments felt a lot shallower and lacked many features such as the backstage features and a game world which truly felt alive.

That's why I was so surprised when I read the Steam description for Wrestling Spirit 3. Some of the things mentioned you can kind of sweep away as being a bit misleading but nothing major but some things mentioned don't exist at all

"

• Morale: Your character has wants and needs that you must satisfy. If he becomes too unhappy, he'll leave wrestling, ending your career. These include things like financial needs, meaning that you may need to make tough choices about where you work in order to pay the bills!

• Backstage: Talk to other wrestlers before the show; form friendships, make enemies, get into fights, or keep to yourself.
  • Politics: The relationships that you form can affect how your career is shaped. Strong allies can get you opportunities you'd never get otherwise, while enemies can be out to screw you over.
  • Tryout matches: Promotions may give you a match to prove yourself worthy. Feel the pressure as you engage in a make-or-break match with a superior opponent!

"

I don't remember any of this features being in the game and the way I see it is that this is purposely misleading customers to lead to more purchases. That isn't all, after this it says

"

• Fully active game world: Every promotion in the world continues doing business, regardless of whether you work for them or not. Wrestlers will move around, have matches, and win titles, making a constantly evolving game world for you to explore.
  • Full match history for every wrestler in the game.
  • Full title history for every belt and wrestler in the game.
  • Full results history for every promotion in the game.

"

If anything I say is incorrect then please comment below

Thanks for the heads up, I will work with our publisher to clear it up. In terms of versions, here's what is actually on Steam (with release dates on Steam) in comparison to the site:

1. Total Extreme Wrestling (3/2015): Total Extreme Wrestling 2010

2. Total Extreme Wrestling (12/2016): Total Extreme Wrestling 2013

3. Bowl Bound College Football (9/2015): Bowl Bound College Football

4. Comic Book Hero (12/2015): Comic Book Hero

5. Wrestling Spirit 3 (12/2015): Wrestling Spirit 3

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the heads up, I will work with our publisher to clear it up. In terms of versions, here's what is actually on Steam (with release dates on Steam) in comparison to the site:

1. Total Extreme Wrestling (3/2015): Total Extreme Wrestling 2010

2. Total Extreme Wrestling (12/2016): Total Extreme Wrestling 2013

3. Bowl Bound College Football (9/2015): Bowl Bound College Football

4. Comic Book Hero (12/2015): Comic Book Hero

5. Wrestling Spirit 3 (12/2015): Wrestling Spirit 3

Possibly the wrong place to ask this question, but as the conversation relates to Steam, I'll ask it anyway.

Is there a plan to release things on Steam moving forward? Either older games or the new releases? I'm kind of done with eLicense and haven't even reinstalled the games I do own on my new machine for that reason. Steam versions of your games would make me willing to consider buying games moving forward.

Archived