I Need Some Emotional Support

Okay, so this doesn't have to do with any particular save game in TEW, nor is it a question about the game's mechanics, etc.

Basically what happened was I spilled coffee on my laptop, destroyed it, and lost a lot of stuff.

Most of the important stuff I was able to save, and had backups for most of the stuff that I wasn't able to save.

Except for TEW.

Now, a little bit of history.

I had, in my own time, done hundreds - maybe even in the low thousands - of kyky cuts for TEW since TEWE 2004.I also had tons of mod work done, since I always enjoy playing my own mods. I mean no disrespect to the modding community, but I've learned my own way of making mods real life, but in keeping with the game mechanics and balance.

Now I really want to play TEW, but I just can not bring myself to start all over again.

I have a backup from TEW 2013 on my external, but I know the Pictures folder is still missing lots and lots of cuts that I did during my time with TEW 2016. This post doesn't really have a point, I'm just venting. But I'd like to ask, has this happened to anyone else? Anything similar?

Were you able to fight through it? I mean, yes, I know that if I just start, I can do it, I can cut pics again, I can make mod again, and little by little work my way up to where I was. But damn, the idea of starting from scratch after having done so much.

It's hard. Any support? Hugs? Something?

Thanks.

Actually your post just left me interested in what kind of balance you achieved in your mods. It's always good to see new mods with new stats and if you ever get to doing it all again, I would love to take a play at some of your work. Speaking from personal experience, there was more than once where similar things happened to me and starting right back was the way to solve it for me. Takes hard work and dedication but it eventually pays off. Sorry to hear about what happened, man.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TeemuFoundation" data-cite="TeemuFoundation" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44543" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Okay, so this doesn't have to do with any particular save game in TEW, nor is it a question about the game's mechanics, etc.<p> </p><p> Basically what happened was I spilled coffee on my laptop, destroyed it, and lost a lot of stuff.</p><p> </p><p> Most of the important stuff I was able to save, and had backups for most of the stuff that I wasn't able to save.</p><p> </p><p> Except for TEW.</p><p> </p><p> Now, a little bit of history.</p><p> </p><p> I had, in my own time, done hundreds - maybe even in the low thousands - of kyky cuts for TEW since TEWE 2004.I also had tons of mod work done, since I always enjoy playing my own mods. I mean no disrespect to the modding community, but I've learned my own way of making mods real life, but in keeping with the game mechanics and balance.</p><p> </p><p> Now I really want to play TEW, but I just can not bring myself to start all over again.</p><p> </p><p> I have a backup from TEW 2013 on my external, but I know the Pictures folder is still missing lots and lots of cuts that I did during my time with TEW 2016. This post doesn't really have a point, I'm just venting. But I'd like to ask, has this happened to anyone else? Anything similar?</p><p> </p><p> Were you able to fight through it? I mean, yes, I know that if I just start, I can do it, I can cut pics again, I can make mod again, and little by little work my way up to where I was. But damn, the idea of starting from scratch after having done so much.</p><p> </p><p> It's hard. Any support? Hugs? Something?</p><p> </p><p> Thanks.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Bro. That's so rough. I remember when I lost my TEW 2010 save that was 62 years in. I'm still salty af over that Western Digital HDD and to this day will not use them.</p><p> </p><p> *hug* Respect, man. Start new; you'll be surprised at the inspiration.</p>

I can definitely understand. My laptop has been prone to all sorts of problems, and worst of all was when my longest running save (Just 2 years long but still) was deleted as the hard drive fried up. Not to mention many diaries being lost due to different stuff, both related and unrelated to the Notebook (That writeup website was VERY tough to use). You just learn to get over it, you feel miserable at first but soon enough you're in love with other saves/projects.

Archived