How do you plan to use one-night tournaments?

<p>Each division gets their own show. For example, 'XCC Featherweight 1' would be the featherweight show of 'season 1.' Then, after every division has cycled through, reset into 'season 2.' </p><p> </p><p>

Main event is champ vs #1 contender. The bulk of the show is the tournament to crown the next contender. It consists of everyone at the top of the rankings, minus anyone on a losing streak. The rest of the card is everyone who didn't 'qualify' for the tournament. </p><p> </p><p>

This was a fun gimmick format I'd do in WMMA3, so glad to do it again in WMMA5. Thanks to the ability to lower recuperation and medical suspicions (and adjust financial difficulty), it makes it much easier to do this and run several tournaments per year.</p>

Anytime I have a vacated title and no clear 2 contenders. Running 8 man tournaments for all my divisions with my start up Brazilian company at the moment. My Light Heavyweight guy went 11 rounds over 3 matches and won unanimous decisions in all his fights and upset my #1 guy per rankings where he was a big underdog.

Just had in my semi-finals of the Lightweight tournament a guy forfeit due to suffering a broken wrist in his first match. Really enjoying this feature. It allows you to build up initial stars to carry your promotion early on for main events.

EDIT: And now the guy that got into the finals for title via a forfeit due to injury has to throw in the towel prior to round 4 due to having his jaw broken during the fight! Manoel Cabral went with 3 guys, one of which only fought once prior to the title fight and still won. I'm enjoying these 1 night tournaments so much!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lr10540" data-cite="lr10540" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44563" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anytime I have a vacated title and no clear 2 contenders. Running 8 man tournaments for all my divisions with my start up Brazilian company at the moment. My Light Heavyweight guy went 11 rounds over 3 matches and won unanimous decisions in all his fights and upset my #1 guy per rankings where he was a big underdog.<p> </p><p> Just had in my semi-finals of the Lightweight tournament a guy forfeit due to suffering a broken wrist in his first match. Really enjoying this feature. It allows you to build up initial stars to carry your promotion early on for main events.</p><p> </p><p> EDIT: And now the guy that got into the finals for title via a forfeit due to injury has to throw in the towel prior to round 4 due to having his jaw broken during the fight! Manoel Cabral went with 3 guys, one of which only fought once prior to the title fight and still won. I'm enjoying these 1 night tournaments so much!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I assume if someone pulls out before the final it doesn't gondown as a loss on their record, it just doesn't show on their record, is this correct?</p><p> </p><p> And do you know if there is a way turn off injuries for tournament bouts in the editor?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mattandbenny" data-cite="mattandbenny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44563" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I assume if someone pulls out before the final it doesn't gondown as a loss on their record, it just doesn't show on their record, is this correct?<p> </p><p> And do you know if there is a way turn off injuries for tournament bouts in the editor?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm pretty sure it does. The guy still won via a forfeit.</p><p> </p><p> Not sure about that. I didn't check. I like the realism it adds. I've run 6 so far and only had that happen 1 time. I ran all 8 man tournaments, so that's 7 fights in each one, 42 total and only 1 forfeit due to injury.</p>

Archived