Unfair Challenges

As I play more, I've begun to notice that some people will call out people they will beat easily or lose easily to. How do you guys manage challenges that are accepted when one guy is a major underdog? So far, I've set the fights up since the challenge was accepted, but I feel like I'm just giving a free win although once there was an upset.

Unless it's a fight that makes sense, I don't automatically book every challenge that gets accepted. This has the added benefit of letting the bad blood simmer -- guys will keep talking trash, the heat will grow, and maybe the fight will draw more down the road when the time is right. I've definitely gotten in the habit of protecting guys from themselves.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MainOffender" data-cite="MainOffender" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44805" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Unless it's a fight that makes sense, I don't automatically book every challenge that gets accepted. This has the added benefit of letting the bad blood simmer -- guys will keep talking trash, the heat will grow, and maybe the fight will draw more down the road when the time is right. I've definitely gotten in the habit of protecting guys from themselves.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm generally the same, except if a fight gets to nuclear heat I'll tend to book it, there's only a few fights a year that do so it works fine. Other than that, I'll just use it as a strong consideration when making matches, but not automatically book challenges if other fights make more sense.</p>

I'm generally the same, except if a fight gets to nuclear heat I'll tend to book it, there's only a few fights a year that do so it works fine. Other than that, I'll just use it as a strong consideration when making matches, but not automatically book challenges if other fights make more sense.

Ya this is what I shifted toward after I booked a few of the challenges. I'm now doing about 50/50 and giving chances to some guys who are getting impressive wins and then running their mouths and protecting the guys who are walking themselves to their deaths. So far it's worked out pretty well as I have seen some upsets that shook up my rankings.

Archived