Replacement pool

Here's something I use in my games. Not sure if it's intended or an exploit, but it works.

In case a fighter gets injured in the last week before an event, I make a pool of 'replacement fighters' who essentially get ready and train (though they don't have a camp) in case an injury happens. This should imo be a valid practice in reality as injuries happen way too much and decimate cards. I always play with training injuries on "high" as it's the most realistic option.

You do this by basically booking an 'event' 3 years away and putting some fighters for the weight classes featured on the upcoming card (usually "vs TBA"). If an injury happens they can normally be taken off the imaginary card and be put as replacements, often even on a day's notice. If the injury happens weeks before the game has the quick-cont®act feature that allows you to find someone, but it doesn't always work as intended as sometimes the fighters I got don't appear and I have to manually give them a temporarily "short notice" attribute.

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Omnikron" data-cite="Omnikron" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44973" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I experimented with this and just came to conclusion that its preferable to reschedule the fight to a later event, rather than having to manage the guys on standby and subpar match making. Just a personal preference.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That would be nice if you have a large scope in your event size, hosting over 12 fights a night.</p>

The only similar thing i do is book a fighter v. TBA when running a one night tournament so that if there is an injury I have a replacement. If there’s no injury that fight gets canned on the day of the weigh in, and the fighter who was stood down will fight one of the tournament fighters 2-3 months down the line

Archived