Increasing your look

This is the one stat I have yet to figure out how to increase on my wrestler. I'm sure it must be possible given that some of the guys in game have looks of 90 and the highest I've managed to create even with a sports entertainer with high natural charisma is something like 16. So can someone tell me what you have to do to increase your looks? Does it deal with muscle mass training or do I just have to increase my cost of living to afford some better clothes or something.

This does kind of bother me -- because there's no way to get a really high look initially. As I write this, I'm trying to create a guy -- he's a giant. (Not sure what if any difference that makes.) 55% of his initial ability goes to charisma. Depending on what kind of wrestler he is, he has either a 12 or a 19 initial look. In other words, here is this guy -- 7'3", five hundred pounds, whatever -- and the Minor Annoyance looks more like a wrestler than he does. Which, okay, doesn't bother me too much initially. He needs to get experience, to learn to walk the right way or something. But you mean to tell me that, if this guy proceeds to wrestle for years, win the TCW World Title, whatever -- he is still not going to look like a wrestler? What [I]does[/I] he look like, then?

I would think they might affect interview segments to raise your popularity with the crowd, maybe that would get you better match reactions too. I dunno, I really wish the help files were a bit more specific as to what does what instead of trying to leave it up to the player to find it out.

Suggestions for Look I think Look should play a bigger role in being signed up by certain promotions (particularly sports entertainment promotions) and also in how much you get pushed - so a superb technical wrestler with an extremely low Look should have less chance of being a Main Eventer in a Sports Entertainment promotion than say an average brawler with high Charisma, Microphone and Look. Just as in real life, assuming no "artificial" measures are taken to enhance or maintain a player's Look, it should peak sometime in the early to mid-30s and then start to decrease...this reflects the fact that you can't beat Father Time (compare Hogan and Flair today to how they looked in their 30s). Players should have the ability to increase Look artificially by (a) spending time each week doing things like tanning and shaving [you may think I'm kidding but how many pale and hairy guys do you see on WWE each week], which would be cheap but which obviously will eat into your time each week for training, etc, (b) paying for cosmetic surgery - very expensive, with a short recovery period but potential dramatic improvements and very low risk of negative side effects and (c) "the juice" (or whatever euphemism for steroids is acceptable to Adam and GDS), which take no time, have a very quick effect and obviously carries significant risk of negative side effects. I realise the latter may seem a bit controversial, but I am not suggesting that Adam/GDS would be encouraging players to use steroids - it would just be an option that players can take if they are willing to take the risk in return for using a short cut to success. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say this is a choice that confronts each aspiring pro wrestler in real life. If anything, Adam/GDS could be seen to be discouraging their use by making the risk of negative side effects (in the game of course) very high.

I do really like the idea of a possibility in increasing your look however gradual. I agree that especially in Sports Entertainment feds, that look has gotten some wrestlers more over than they ever could have without them. I think Randy Orton gets along on looks and his surname more than his skill. The Rock certainly had a great look which helped his gimmick

Archived