Hey

I've stumbled on TEW via YouTube. It looks interesting, but I had a couple of questions.

1.) When you make storylines do you have to know the results of matches? (Like who wins a PPV or wins a feud, wins a battle royal, mystery opponent, etc?)

2.) Can you scale the depth of the game where you're not so much worried about financial success and more about booking, shows, etc?

3.) Does the game come with random events and is that something you can turn on and off?

Hey I appreciate taking the time to read this, I'd appreciate even more any answers you can share.

Thanks.

<p>1: No. It can certainly help as stories may flow better if you dictate match results and you'll be able to push guys more consistently that way but you don't HAVE TO. Also with pre-written storylines, many are done so either guy can win in the end. Depends on the purpose of the storyline.</p><p> </p><p>

2: Sure. This is why I developed my training fed play rules back in 08. Playing the larger feds was getting overwhelming and the ones in the C-Verse (the default data) were going in directions I didn't like. TCW especially. So I went kind of sandboxy with small feds. I've shared these rules often over the years and would be happy to do it again.</p><p> </p><p>

3: That it does. The game is very modular and quite a few options can be turned off in the name of learning the game slowly or focusing on fantasy booking over hardcore gaming. TEW is very user friendly as far as tweaking the experience to taste.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cappyboy" data-cite="cappyboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45220" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>2: I've shared these rules often over the years and would be happy to do it again.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Please post these. I'm interested.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kdcastles" data-cite="kdcastles" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45220" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Please post these. I'm interested.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Okay.</p><p> </p><p> These are the basics. As noted below, feel free to ask any questions you may have. </p><p> </p><p> To being with I start off at Local. Since the ratings are going to be dire with the charter roster by nature, I see no reason to let them have a chance to hurt me.</p><p> </p><p> Financially, I start off with $1 million dollars as a bankroll. That gives me the financial cushion to let the guys go through their growing pains and not worry about going bust while they work to become presentable. I use the default length for PPA's as my typical contract term. Though I'd certainly consider longer if a guy wanted it. And I have a semi-hard cap on wages of $1000 per appearance. </p><p> </p><p> Semi-hard in that once the fed starts growing sizes it may become negotiable if a guy's improving beyond my expectations. Like referee Bradley Regan was in my IWL game. I was paying him $1500 per appearance at the end of his run with me because he was approaching A* Refereeing skill and I wanted to see if he'd get there. Which he eventually did. None of the big boys had noticed yet when viral issues happened though.This cap is why, much as I'd love to, I've never been able to work with guys freshly cut by major promotions. They typically want Bradley Regan money by default and that doesn't fit my fiscal model.</p><p> </p><p> Guys can stay as long as they meet three criteria. As long they they show continuing growth, as long as their contract demands are reasonable within the semi-hard wage cap and as long as my fed is their priority. If they find a regular place in a larger, more prestigious promotion, I consider that a job completed and let them go. Unless they are in a storyline. In which case I let them go as soon as the story's over. Better for continuity that way.</p><p> </p><p> To get on the roster in the first place, I have two rules. You must have something to learn and you must be unemployed. In the case of a veteran like a Bob Casey or a Ted Brady, that generally means one of two things. Either I'm trying to help them grow their potential as a road agent or develop their entertainment skills to be useful as a mouthpiece for somebody. Rookies and under 30somethings can grow whatever way nature dictates. They have so much career ahead of them it can all help. In the case of a Josh Jones or a Wade Orson who's ring skills far outpace their entertainment skills in the beginning or a Minor Annoyance who has the opposite disparity, development of their weak sides will naturally be favored. But if you're on a regular roster already. forget it. I'm trying to build up the guys who need work and wouldn't otherwise have it. </p><p> </p><p> And I think that pretty well covers my ground rules.</p><p> </p><p> Any more questions, feel free to ask. Always happy to help when I can.</p>

Archived