Welcome to New York... Again

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>New York City…</p><p> </p><p>

The dangling chandeliers in the Packer Ballroom, just off Madison Square Garden, illuminated the gathered great and good of professional wrestling. Representatives from SWF, TCW, BHOTWG, SOTBPW and NOTBPW. Owners, head bookers, top stars, legends. They were all there.</p><p> </p><p>

Then, towards the back, was us; The Confederation of the Territories. Owners and selected bookers only, with the occasional star there, but on another table. Larry Vessey and Mitch Naess were staring daggers at one another as the compare announced the winner of Young Wrestler of the Year. A masked man called Jormungand took the stage. He brimmed with energy.</p><p> </p><p>

“Why are we even here?” said Naess.</p><p> </p><p>

“We’re representing ourselves. It’s good PR,” said Sam Keith as he looked interestedly over to the SWF table.</p><p> </p><p>

“We’re not going to win any of the awards, it’s a fix. Only the big boys get them,” said Naess.</p><p> </p><p>

“Speak for yourself,” said Larry. “We’re having a great year.”</p><p> </p><p>

“It must be nice living in your head,” said Naess. “Sort of peaceful, made up of clouds and fairies and stuff.”</p><p> </p><p>

‘And in the category of Best Veteran, the winner… Steve Decolt.’</p><p> </p><p>

“Anyone heard anything more from Allen Packer?” said Puerto Rican Power.</p><p> </p><p>

“No,” said Joaquin Soler. “I don’t like it.”</p><p> </p><p>

“Yeah, it’s a little too quiet,” agreed Keith. </p><p> </p><p>

‘The winner of tag team of the year… The Golden Kings.’</p><p> </p><p>

“Good team, I wanted them,” said Soler.</p><p> </p><p>

“So none of us have heard from Packer,” said Keith. “But the raids haven’t stopped. Best talent is being snapped up by USPW.”</p><p> </p><p>

“Or NOTBPW… or TCW,” said Larry.</p><p> </p><p>

“Sour grapes?” sneered Naess.</p><p> </p><p>

“Look Mitch,” Larry fired. “I don’t like you, you don’t like me. But we share a lot of talent, and I notice the territory loans have increased. I don’t mind you poaching our talent, but how about you shut that mouth of yours before I do it myself.”</p><p> </p><p>

“How very like you! At an awards ceremony in your thirty cent suit and you want to fight.”</p><p> </p><p>

“You both talk too much,” said Puerto Rican Power.</p><p> </p><p>

The table fell silent.</p><p> </p><p>

‘The winner of match of the year… Tommy Cornell vs. Buff Martinez.’</p><p> </p><p>

“You remember when the UK was a dead territory?” said Keith.</p><p> </p><p>

“No,” said Larry.</p><p> </p><p>

“No, me neither,” replied Keith. “They’re almost as big as the States now. That’s a worry. Cornell has a lot to answer for.”</p><p> </p><p>

Larry’s phone rang and he stood up, answered and left the table.</p><p> </p><p>

“Must be important to just get up and take it now,” Naess shouted after him.</p><p> </p><p>

“I think it’s his wife,” I lied.</p><p> </p><p>

‘The winner of most improved promotion of the year… NYCW.’</p><p> </p><p>

All eyes on the table fell onto me. I couldn’t believe it, we’d won. We’d actually won. I looked around for Larry, but he had left the ballroom.</p><p> </p><p>

“Well go on kid,” said Sam Keith. “Go get your award.”</p><p> </p><p>

*** </p><p> </p><p>

Later that night, after the booze had flowed and the COTT table jointly celebrated our victory. Champagne Lover won wrestler of the year, while SOTBPW was promotion of the year. With the evening winding down, Larry finally returned to the table.</p><p> </p><p>

“You missed your big moment old man,” said Naess.</p><p> </p><p>

Larry looked at the award. “Kid, we need to talk.”</p><p> </p><p>

I followed Larry out into the hallway and once he was sure we were alone, he spoke. “Things are happening in the industry kid. We’re doing well, but things can’t stay the same. Keep your eyes peeled and what I’m about to tell you can go no further…”</p><p> </p><p>

Next time on Welcome to New York… A new year and a new focus, and the rematch of Jay Chord and Ross Henry…</p>

<p>Welcome to New York… Where the ball drops once a year...</p><p> </p><p>

The New Year started with irritating news with Greg Gauge having bruised his pectoral muscle. He could still wrestle thankfully, but would be severely hampered. From my end, I went through the planned storylines for the year, making sure to listen to what Larry had told me at the awards ceremony.</p><p> </p><p>

Things were going to be tough, but frankly, we’d already made huge strides. The big problem was cashflow. Having assembled one Hell of a roster, it was slowly, but surely bleeding us dry and if I wasn’t careful, we’d go down the tubes.</p><p> </p><p>

Luckily I had my eyes on a couple of cheap talents with huge upsides who could plug any and all gaps which were about to appear.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>NYCW Welcome to New York 9: New Chances</strong></p><p>

Sunday, Week 2, January, 2017</p><p>

Pennsylvania Park, Brooklyn, New York</p><p>

Attendance: 2,000</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>TAG TEAM MATCH:</strong> The Mighty… INVADERS defeated Harlem Boys in 8:01 when Animal Harker defeated Donte Dunn by pinfall with a Stump Piledriver. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

Great opener from two of our most successful created teams. Logan Wolfsbaine continues to be an A-star player and his rise up the card has been phenomenal.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> Harvey Robbinfield defeated The Masked Mauler in 8:22 by pinfall with an Omega Driver. <strong>(E)</strong></p><p>

Our newest star in-the-making is former basketball prodigy, ‘The Omega Man’ Harvey Robbinfield. He’s got all the star potential required, but judging on this performance, there’s work to be done. But I remain hopeful for now.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> Brutus Milano defeated The New York Doll in 7:52 by submission with an Italian Backbreaker. <strong>(E+)</strong></p><p>

The streak continues for the stalwart midcarder. He still lacks the relevant talents in the ring, but he has the look. Plus Larry is a HUGE fan, so it’s time to give him some wins and see how he gets on.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>TAG TEAM MATCH:</strong> New Southern Stars defeated Dean Waldorf and Marv Statler in 23:05 when Joffy Pinkerton defeated Marv Statler by pinfall with a Death Spiral. <strong>(D)</strong></p><p>

A nice clean win for the new boys. I’m a little stuck with the Ring Generals. On paper they should be one of our best teams, but they never, ever seem to deliver in terms of great matches. It could be a momentum problem, but they’re pricey for the lack of delivery.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> Greg Gauge defeated Garry the Entertainer in 5:39 by submission with a Proton Lock. <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p>

Even with a damaged pec, Gauge can bring the goods. There was no way Garry was getting the win, here, but he did well. I hated his name and gimmick though, and as one for the future I had to really find something for him to do.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Serpent Strike cut a promo saying they wanted a rematch with The Grand Slam for all the gold, but they’d settle for some singles action. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

While they’ve got the chemistry, I’m still not 100% sold on Serpent Strike. Still, without a viable alternative, I wanted to give them a chance.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> Steve Flash defeated William Jetterson in 8:05 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. <strong>(D)</strong></p><p>

Disappointing match here considering.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> Thom Barrowman defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith in 9:53 by pinfall with a handful of tights. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

Much better stuff as the two more talented workers deliver beautifully. So that’s one win a piece for each of the teams.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Ernest Youngman cuts a promo saying that Fro Sure is very clever getting a rematch by adding a third person. But Ernest doesn’t care who you are, he’ll make anyone famous. <strong>©</strong></p><p>

I love him.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW TRI-STATE TRIPLE THREAT MATCH:</strong> Ernest Youngman © defeated Fro Sure and Robin DaLay in 9:51 when Ernest Youngman defeated Robin DaLay by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

Keep Fro Sure strong and DaLay eats the pin. Ernest’s streak with the Tri-State Regional Title is a thing of beauty. It’s been a whole year and he is our longest tenured champion. He always delivers in the ring and on the mic and I’ve started to question why he isn’t challenging for the Empire Title.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Jay Chord makes an elaborate entrance. <strong>(B+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Ross Henry makes an elaborate entrance. <strong>(B+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH:</strong> In the long-anticipated rematch, Jay Chord drew with Ross Henry © in 27:59 following a double count out after interference from Greg Gauge and Robin DaLay. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p>

These boys are our number one face and heel and each can go in the ring. What a match!</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>OVERALL: D+</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Seems to me to be a harsh rating considering, but then my production values have been reduced to almost nothing in an attempt to actually make some money this year.</p><p> </p><p>

Steve Flash’s contract came up for renewal, so we gave him a much-deserved extension, same for Masked Mauler too. There’s no way we could lose Logan’s mentor, even if he was the ultimate jobber for NYCW.</p><p> </p><p>

In the regional battles, we came first in both Mid-Atlantic and New England. But we once again lost money to a tune of $7,220. Ouch. Our former two-time Empire champion Grandmaster Phunk has taken our release of him badly and has become quite flabby. Poor lad.</p><p> </p><p>

Next time on Welcome to New York… We attempt to unify the Empire and COTT titles again and a bidding war threatens to reinforce Larry’s big news…</p>

<p>Welcome to New York… Where we say goodbye just as much as we say hello…</p><p> </p><p>

Heading into St. Valentine’s Day Massacre we received word that Ross Henry had caused a ruckus backstage and was dragged in front of Steve Flash and sentenced to buying beers for the guys. Seemed reasonable.</p><p> </p><p>

MAW ran the Rip Chord Invitational XII, which was won by Syd Collier, whose name I didn’t really recognise. Was he worth a look? Probably not. I also decided with our tag team division as stacked as it’s ever been, it was time to separate the Ring Generals and see what they could do in singles action.</p><p> </p><p>

On with the show.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>NYCW Welcome to New York 10: St. Valentine’s Day Massacre</strong></p><p>

Monday, Week 2, February, 2017</p><p>

Pennsylvania Park, Brooklyn, New York</p><p>

Attendance: 2,000</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> Robin DaLay defeated Marv Statler in 8:18 by pinfall with a DaLay Down. <strong>(E+)</strong></p><p>

Ok-ish match here from one guy with no popularity and another with no momentum. Marv, as the allegedly better half, does not bring great goods in the ring. That was disappointing considering his cost.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>TAG TEAM MATCH:</strong> Serpent Strike defeated The Heartbreak Express (Ralph Liotta and Johnny Needham) in 5:49 when William Jetterson defeated Johnny Needham by pinfall with a Solid Snake Stunner. <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p>

Decent match from our young new tag team from MAW. They’ve got all the tools needed to succeed, but we needed to get them used to our style. So for the time being they’ll be jobbers to the stars.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Ernest Youngman has heard that The Ring Generals have split up and he’s willing to give Dean Waldorf a shot at the title, providing he can get past Fro Sure. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p>

Ernest continues to rule the midcard and is now actively playing them off each other. He’s literally transcended his position and is now the KING of NYCW.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW TRI-STATE FATAL FOURWAY MATCH:</strong> Ernest Youngman © defeated Brutus Milano, Garry The Entertainer and Harvey Robbinfield in 8:03 when Ernest Youngman defeated Harvey Robbinfield by pinfall with The Hit. <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p>

Robbinfield did well here as he and Ernest continued to batter one another. Could we have a youngster stepping up to actually challenge the great man? Probably not. Ernest is God.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Ross Henry cuts a promo saying he’s willing to give Jay Chord another shot. But first he’s got someone from ‘up North’ to beat and finally unify the two top belts in the world. <strong>(B-)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>COTT WORLD & NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH:</strong> Ross Henry © defeated Leftie Wilkes © in 9:56 by pinfall with an Earthquake Powerslam. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

Quite how Leftie Wilkes ended up with the title is beyond me. But he ain’t got it no more. Ross Henry is stepping closer and closer to figurehead status, but while he’s a rookie there’s still question marks.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> The Legacy (Chord and Gauge) cut a promo hyping their upcoming match with the Mighty… INVADERS. Chord says he’s going to beat the two woolly lunatics before rolling onto Henry and taking all the titles. <strong>(B-)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> Fro Sure defeated Dean Waldorf in 10:04 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p>

So Marv underperformed and Dean Waldorf didn’t click with Fro Sure. Not the stellar start to their singles careers I’d hoped for. The excuses for keeping such high-cost midcarders was running out… fast.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>COTT WORLD & NYCW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH:</strong> The Grand Slam © defeated Harlem Boys © in 10:28 when Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Nate DeMarcus by pinfall with a Backdrop Driver. The Grand Slam win the COTT World Tag Team titles. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

With news coming in over the wires, it was time to get the COTT titles off the Harlem Boys and unify them once again. Great match in fairness, but with the changes we had planned we needed the Boys out of the picture.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>TAG TEAM MATCH:</strong> New Southern Stars defeated The Masked Mauler and The New York Doll in 8:26 when Joffy Pinkerton defeated The New York Doll by pinfall with a Death Spiral. <strong>(E+)</strong></p><p>

Simple tag match to keep the Stars in the hunt. I was wondering if it was worth splitting them into singles performers considering their differing momentums.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>TAG TEAM MATCH:</strong> Jay Chord and Greg Gauge defeated The Mighty INVADERS in 25:04 when Logan Wolfsbaine was counted out while fighting Jay Chord. During the match we also saw Tennessee William run in and attack Harker, and Ross Henry also attack Chord. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p>

Well hello awesome matchup! Turns out Harker and Wolfsbaine are riding a hot streak. Sure they lost, but the crowd were so into the match it’s insane.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Jay Chord attacks Ross Henry in the ring and leaves him down and out. <strong>(B-)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

The New Southern Stars matchup really hurt our rating there I think. Ernest the God pulled me aside after the show to tell me he thinks Joffy can’t sell worth a damn. Ok then. That may be true, but I don’t really know what he wants me to do about it. </p><p> </p><p>

Marv Statler’s contract was up for renewal and he wanted a $200 pay rise. Unfortunately I am not in a position to make that happen with finances as they are. So with an opportunity like that opening up, I opted not to renew. We thanked him for his hard work and showed him the door.</p><p> </p><p>

Then we received word which confirmed everything Larry had told us. Jay Chord, main event icon and the man responsible for putting the rocket up the backside of the entire company was negotiating with the big boys. NOTBPW, TCW, SWF and USPW had all offered him exclusive contracts and he had his pick.</p><p> </p><p>

It was time to build towards his inevitable departure and make sure he gave the rub to the right people on his way out. It was a shame, but not wholly unsurprising. What was annoying, is that he wasn’t the only one…</p><p> </p><p>

Next time on Welcome to New York… We gear up to send off Jay Chord in style and try to deal with the big boys coming calling again…</p>

<p>Welcome to New York… Where the greatest Era in company history comes to an end, in more ways than one…</p><p> </p><p>

We’ve decided with declining costs on worker salaries, we might actually be able to make a bit of money. All we had to do was run a second show in February, but with limited workers. So we dusted off the ‘Old School Wrestling’ show and ran it again.</p><p> </p><p>

Then disaster…</p><p> </p><p>

I’d accidentally booked the show to be in New England instead of the Tri-State area. Dammit. This was going to cost us some money and no mistake.</p><p> </p><p>

Before the show Ernest ribbed Fro Sure to the delight of the backstage area, thus showing that their feud isn’t just for our dusty cameras. Meanwhile Tennessee William organised a video game tourney, Robin DaLay was in wrestler court and improved his behaviour because of it and Logan learnt more selling from Masked Mauler.</p><p> </p><p>

I love our backstage area.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>NYCW Old School Wrestling</strong></p><p>

Monday, Week 3, February, 2017</p><p>

Biker’s Paradise, Boston, New England</p><p>

Attendance: 300 (SOLD OUT!)</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>TAG TEAM MATCH:</strong> Serpent Strike drew with New Southern Stars in 7:53 following a double count out. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

Keeping the two heel teams strong and putting on a great show to boot. Well done all.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> Fro Sure defeated Ralph Liotta in 6:02 by pinfall with a Sure Thing. <strong>(E+)</strong></p><p>

Would you believe these two had great chemistry. Sadly they’re so far apart on the spectrum of popularity it’s unlikely to ever be used to it’s full potential.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW TRI-STATE TITLE MATCH:</strong> Ernest Youngman © defeated Greg Gauge in 7:44 by count out after interference from Harvey Robbinfield. <strong>©</strong></p><p>

Woof! I always knew these two could go, and they showed it here. Please note the appearance of Harvey too as he has apparently moved from opener to Upper Midcarder in a month. Blimey!</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH:</strong> The Grand Slam © drew with The Mighty INVADERS in 9:47 following a double disqualification after Thom Barrowman attacked Bulldozer, and Tennessee William also attacked Harker. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

Another cracking match from two of our top tag teams. Disgusted with the performance a representative from Serpent Strike and the New Southern Stars attacked.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Jay Chord makes an elaborate entrance. <strong>(B+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Ross Henry makes an elaborate entrance. <strong>(B+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH:</strong> Ross Henry defeated Jay Chord in 24:41 by pinfall with an Earthquake Powerslam. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

No point protecting Chord at this stage. He delivers in the third and final matchup between these two. Now we turned our attention towards a special show and what would be his final match for the company. We wanted to make it a special one.</p><p> </p><p>

Desperate not to completely financially cripple ourselves, we decided to run a Tri-State Old School Wrestling at the end of the month. We were banking on the fact that we could turn a profit and would save some of the loss incurred by running New England out of the blue.</p><p> </p><p>

Fingers crossed…</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>NYCW Old School Wrestling SPECIAL EVENT – End of an Era</strong></p><p>

Monday, Week 4, February, 2017</p><p>

Pennsylvania Park, Brooklyn, New York </p><p>

Attendance: 2,000 (SOLD OUT!)</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> Logan Wolfsbaine drew with Tennessee William in 10:05 when the referee lost control and stopped the match. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

Keeping their feud simmering nicely with the first of two singles matches between the New Southern Stars and the MIGHTY… INVADERS! Good match too.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> Animal Harker defeated Joffy Pinkerton in 6:03 by pinfall with a Stump Piledriver. <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p>

Disappointing match as the INVADERS sweep the Stars. This should line them up for another shot at the tag titles. Perhaps Animal Harker wasn’t the solid worker I’d always believed. I really was expecting better.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>GANG WARS MATCH:</strong> Ross Henry and The Grand Slam defeated Thom Barrowman, Fro Sure and Greg Gauge in 12:22 when Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Greg Gauge by pinfall with a Tombstone Piledriver. <strong>©</strong></p><p>

Bit of a mismatch and a ‘get them on the card’ matchup and the crowd loved it! Another loss for Gauge though. Poor lad needs momentum.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Ernest Youngman makes an elaborate entrance. <strong>(D+)</strong> </p><p>

Oh dear, he’s not really one for elaborate anything… except ass-kicking.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW TRI-STATE TITLE MATCH:</strong> Ernest Youngman © defeated Jay Chord in 28:24 by pinfall with The Hit. <strong>(B-)</strong></p><p>

BOOOOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE. On his way out the company, the man responsible for so much passes the torch to Ernest Youngman and delivers a match of the year contender for us (obviously inter-company). What man. What a match. He will be missed.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>OVERALL: C-</strong></p><p> </p><p>

As expected, Jay Chord announced he’d signed with USPW. Allen Packer delivered another blow to the COTT. But it was fine, we got what we needed while we could. Packer also signed Ricky DeColt who we’d looked at for almost a year.</p><p> </p><p>

In the regional battles we finished 1st in both, and in terms of finances, we lost… $37,092. Oh God. That wasn’t good. We only had $44,011 left in the bank. Just as we were looking on ways to save some money, the universe stepped in on our behalf.</p><p> </p><p>

Greg Gauge signed to GCG, Donte Dunn and Nate DeMarcus signed to BHOTWG and we decided to release Dean Waldorf. That was a big chunk of change to take off the roster in one hit. And my word did we need it.</p><p> </p><p>

Joffy was acting in a selfish way backstage, so I fined him. He accepted, improved his behaviour, but now has a simmering tension with me. Which might be the worst singular move anyone in New York can do. Was he mad?</p><p> </p><p>

Larry pulled me into the office, in what I thought was a pep talk before Rush Hour. But instead he told me he’d just heard that The Stomper, former owner of the company and NYCW Hall of Famer had passed away.</p><p> </p><p>

Next time on Welcome to New York… We honour The Stomper at Rush Hour in the best way we could, we some good old-fashioned professional wrestling…</p>

Welcome to New York… It’s Rush Hour and time to shake-up the company following the departure of four wrestlers…

So with our finances tanking, but our costs down, we’d run two shows this month, make sure we put them in the right region (both Tri-State) and hope to make a small amount of money. What could go wrong.

NYCW Rush Hour 2017 in Memory of The Stomper

Thursday, Week 2, March, 2017

Pennsylvania Park, Brooklyn, New York

Attendance: 2,000

TAG TEAM MATCH: The Mighty INVADERS defeated Legacy (Robin DaLay and the debuting Bret Heartbreak) in 7:51 when Animal Harker defeated Robin DaLay by pinfall with a Stump Piledriver. (D+)

Good opener and great start for the newly revamped Legacy. Sure they’d lost all the popular and super-talented guys. But they continue the tradition at the very least.

SINGLES MATCH: Garry The Entertainer defeated Donte Dunn in 8:07 by pinfall with a Pants Pull Sunset Flip. (D)

Isn’t it sad when you get a great chemistry note involving a departing wrestler. Donte eats the pin as a goodbye to NYCW and Garry gets a much-needed win.

ANGLE: Serpent Strike cut a promo hyping their upcoming match with The Heartbreak Express. They’re just the final roadblock before the inevitable showdown with The Grand Slam and their ascent to the top of the card. (C-)

TAG TEAM MATCH: Serpent Strike defeated The Heartbreak Express in 7:35 when William Jetterson defeated Ralph Liotta by submission with a Viper Vice. (D+)

Wanted Jetterson to specifically get the pin to try and bridge the gap in popularity between him and Barrowman. Another solid match for the Express too.

ANGLE: Ross Henry cuts a promo saying that his friend Ernest Youngman proved just what a man he is by sending Chord packing. As a thank you, he wants to offer him an Empire Title match… Tonight. (B)

NYCW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Grand Slam © defeated New Southern Stars in 22:40 when Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Joffy Pinkerton by pinfall. (C-)

I’m not quite ready for The grand Slam to lose their titles just yet. But it’s good to know that the Southern Stars can bring the goods against the top team in NYCW. They’d be a rematch at some point.

ANGLE: Harvey Robbinfield is out. He’s realised that while being a lone wolf is normally a good thing. There are times that having a running mate is necessary. He might be the Omega Man, but he’s found a new partner… The Alpha Man… Fro Sure. Together they’re gunning for all the power in New York City. (D+)

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH: Harvey Robbinfield defeated Brutus Milano and The Masked Mauler in 6:27 when Harvey Robbinfield defeated Brutus Milano by pinfall with an Omega Driver following interference from Fro Sure. (E+)

Quite how Robbinfield has moved so far up the card in such a short time is beyond me. But never let it be said I don’t listen to what the crowd want. Plus we needed a new heel team for the main event.

ANGLE: Ernest Youngman cuts a promo saying that he’d be happy to test his metal against the Empire Champion. It’ll be nice to prove to everyone that he is really the man. And to be the man, you’ve got to beat the man. (C+)

SINGLES MATCH: Fro Sure defeated The New York Doll in 7:42 by pinfall with a Sure Thing. (D-)

ANGLE: Ross Henry makes an elaborate entrance. (B+)

NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH: Ross Henry © defeated Ernest Youngman in 22:43 by pinfall with an Earthquake Powerslam following interference from Fro Sure and Harvey Robbinfield. ©

Great match from two of our best faces. The intereference from Alpha and Omega positions them as the antagonists to Ernest and Ross going forward and acts to protect our Tri-State champion in defeat. Beautiful.

ANGLE: The match is over and having chased Alpha and Omega away, Ross Henry is celebrating. Ernest Youngman walks over and offers his hand as a sign of respect, and the two competitors shake hands. (B-)

Awwww, you guys. A bromance is born.

OVERALL: D+

Seems an overly harsh rating to me.

In the post-show news we found out Robin DaLay has relocated to the Tri-State area. Good, company man that Robin. We forgot to extend New York Doll’s contract and Donte Dunn left us. In the third such move Steve Flash took Ralph Liotta on as a protégé.

Next time on Welcome to New York… Another day, another big name announces his plans to leave, and we continue the build towards Ernest/Henry vs. Alpha and Omega…

Welcome to New York… where the streets are paved with gold, but we can’t get our hands on any of it…

I was really hoping my maths was correct, otherwise the following show was going to absolutely cripple us.

NYCW Old School Wrestling

Monday, Week 4, March, 2017

NYCW TRI-STATE TITLE MATCH: Ernest Youngman © defeated Joffy Pinkerton in 10:28 by pinfall with The Hit. During the match we also saw Alpha and Omega run in and attack Youngman. (C-)

Great match from Ernest again.

ANGLE: Alpha and Omega are beating down Ernest Youngman in the ring, when Ross Henry runs in to make the save. Alpha and Omega are left beaten as The Grand Slam come out for their match. (C-)

NYCW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Grand Slam © defeated Alpha and Omega in 9:37 when Steve Flash defeated Fro Sure by pinfall with a Flash Bang. (D+)

Easily explainable loss for the new bad boys of NYCW as they’ve already received a beating from two of our best. I love logical story-telling. It so rarely actually happens in wrestling.

ANGLE: Ross Henry cuts a promo thanking Ernest Youngman for his help recently and how they’ll never let Alpha and Omega near the gold. (B)

NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH: Ross Henry © defeated Tennessee William in 13:09 by pinfall with an Earthquake Powerslam following interference from Alpha and Omega. During the match we also had Ernest Youngman accidentally hit Henry while trying to protect him from Fro Sure. (C-)

Another great singles match for Tennessee William here. But the big story is Alpha and Omega causing issues for our two heroic champs.

ANGLE: Serpent Strike cut a promo hyping their upcoming match with The Mighty… INVADERS. ©

TAG TEAM MATCH: The Mighty… INVADERS defeated Serpent Strike in 22:53 when Animal Harker defeated Thom Barrowman by pinfall with a Stump Piledriver. ©

There is a reason for this specific outcome, and it’s as irritating as it is timely. By the way, The Mighty… INVADERS now use Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin as their intro music and it’s BOSS!

That’s right, Thom Barrowman has signed a written contract with NOTBPW. He’ll keep the name he’s been using with us while up there, but it does mean Serpent Strike are done and they never quite got their hands on the tag gold.

But then again, we were paying Barrowman over $2,000 per appearance and having come 2nd in both regional battles, we only lost $2,326. Maths dictates without him on the card, we can actually turn a profit in April.

Happy times.

Next time on Welcome to New York… Ross Henry and Ernest Youngman finally get Alpha and Omega in a tag team main event special, at Rumble in Brooklyn...

Welcome to New York… Where debt is just a dirty word…

It was April and time for Rumble in Brooklyn with a massive tag team main event. Let’s see what happens next with the Golden Boys and Alpha and Omega.

NYCW Welcome to New York 11: Rumble in Brooklyn

Monday, Week 2, April, 2017

ANGLE: The lights in the arena go out and Carmina Burana plays over the speakers. In a spotlight on the ramp is the debuting Aldous Blackfriar. Apparently it’s his destiny to destroy New York and he’s not alone. This, is his prophecy. (D)

Not a stellar start, but his gimmick is catchy.

TAG TEAM MATCH: The Prophecy (Aldous Blackfriar and William Jetterson) defeated The Heartbreak Express in 8:04 when Aldous Blackfriar defeated Johnny Needham by pinfall with a Satanic Super Kick. (E+)

That’s right, we immediately replace Barrowman with a younger, cheaper star. There’s no chemistry notes between the two, but they’ve got a win under their belts already and their gimmicks are far better suited to one another.

SINGLES MATCH: Garry Walker defeated Brutus Milano in 7:59 by pinfall with a Pants Pull Sunset Flip. (E+)

The former Garry the Entertainer has taken his real name in an attempt to be taken more seriously. And he gets a nice win against one of our original roster stars. Brutus is still fairly brutal in the ring however.

TAG TEAM MATCH: The Mighty… INVADERS defeated Legacy in 7:32 when Logan Wolfsbaine defeated Robin DaLay by submission with a Boston Crab. (D+)

DaLay and Heartbreak continue to learn the ropes at the expense of one of the hottest teams in New York. Decent match too.

ANGLE: The Mighty INVADERS cut a promo saying they’re sick of the New Southern Stars running their mouths. It’s put up, or shut up time. Animal Harker mainly grunted during the segment. Now play me some of that sweet, sweet Immigrant Song… (C-)

Logan is a great interview it appears. He’s a real workhorse of the company. Might be time to move him on to bigger and better things soon.

NYCW TAG TEAM TITLES: New Southern Stars drew with The Grand Slam © in 12:44 when the referee lost control and stopped the match. The match also had a lot of interference: Aldous Blackfriar targeted Bulldozer, William Jetterson attacked Flash, Logan Wolfsbaine attacked Joffy P, and finally Animal Harker interfered against Tennessee William. (D+)

A good match which progresses many stories at once. It also immediately puts the Prophecy into the tag title scene as a replacement for Serpent Strike.

ANGLE: Tennessee William cuts a promo saying he’s sick of Animal Harker always being in his business. (D)

Eurgh, not so good right there. Not good at all.

SINGLES MATCH: Kip Keenan defeated The Masked Mauler in 8:26 by pinfall with a Belly To Belly Suplex. (E)

Welcome to New York, Kip Keenan. What an awful match. He’d blame Mauler because he’s old, but also untouchable.

ANGLE: Youngman and Henry cut a promo hyping their upcoming match with Alpha and Omega. Apparently they’re going to win. Then Henry adds “Providing you remember to hit them and not me.” Ernest looks embarrassed. (B-)

TAG TEAM MATCH: Harvey Robbinfield and Fro Sure defeated Ernest Youngman and Ross Henry in 24:49 when Fro Sure defeated Ernest Youngman by pinfall with a handful of tights after Henry accidentally blasts Youngman with a lariat. ©

Great match and Alpha and Omega get the biggest wins of their careers over two of the top stars in the promotion. We protected them sure, but at the end of the day, the mind games are clearly working.

OVERALL: D

Disappointing overall rating, but a great show from a storyline perspective. After the show Steve Flash pulled me aside to tell me that despite what Ernest says, he thinks Joffy Pinkerton is a star in the making. Meanwhile Harvey Robbinfield wanted a pay rise of $550 more on what he was earning. Smart cookie that Harvey. We gave it to him, because he’s integral to the future shows.

With that we rolled straight onto the next show.

Monday, Week 4, April, 2017

NYCW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Grand Slam © defeated The Prophecy (Aldous Blackfriar and William Jetterson) in 7:44 when Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated William Jetterson by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. (C-)

Very good match from the new team here as the champs continue to drag the division to good match after another. I think we’re going to have to run this one again.

ANGLE: The Grand Slam cut a promo saying that the young ‘goth kids’ did ok and if they wanted a rematch, they’d be game. ©

SINGLES MATCH: Logan Wolfsbaine drew with Tennessee William in 10:08 when the referee lost control and stopped the match. (C-)

All out brawl to further the Stars vs. INVADERS feud. Logan is awesome as always, Tennessee continues to impress in singles action.

ANGLE: Logan Wolfsbaine cuts a promo saying he’ll destroy anyone, at anytime, especially a New Southern Star. (B-)

Great, fired-up promo from Logan here.

NYCW TRI-STATE TITLE MATCH: Ernest Youngman © defeated Harvey Robbinfield in 13:27 by pinfall with The Hit. During the match we also had Fro Sure run in and attack Youngman. (C-)

Ernest drags Robbinfield to his best match so far (and no doubt a further request for a bigger push or more money). This thrown together feud has some legs I’d say as all four competitors are young and hungry enough to bust their asses.

ANGLE: Youngman and Henry cut a promo saying they may have been beaten (Ernest to Ross “Thanks to your errant lariat”) but they’re stronger and they’ve learnt. No more losses to a couple of punks like Alpha and Omega ever again. (B-)

NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH: Ross Henry © defeated Fro Sure in 22:15 by pinfall with an Earthquake Powerslam. ©

Good match and clean finish. I like Fro Sure a lot, but there’s no way I’m letting him win the big belt at this stage. He can’t even beat our secondary champion yet. But happy to test him as a main eventer. He did well.

We ended up 2nd in both battles and… MADE A PROFIT of $6,452. With that small win, we agreed to a full pay rise to Logan Wolfsbaine and signed a new worker (Quinton Parent) to a cheap enhancement contract. He immediately made friends with William Jetterson. Smart kid.

Elsewhere Rick Sanders announced his plans to retire from the sport. It seemed an age ago that he was an integral part of our roster. The more things change… the more they… change, I guess.

Next time on Welcome to New York… Ross Henry vs. Fro Sure… Ernest Youngman vs. Harvey Robbinfield… The Rematches…

Welcome to New York… Where we’re happy to run the same matches with the same results and hope for better outcomes… Is that madness?

Not much going on between the end of March and April. But before the next show Empire Champ Ross Henry setup and ran a waffle bar. Class act that guy.

NYCW Welcome to New York 12: Henry/Fro Sure II

Monday, Week 2, April, 2017

GANG WARS MATCH: Brutus Milano and Legacy defeated Kip Keenan and The Heartbreak Express in 8:10 when Bret Heartbreak defeated Johnny Needham by pinfall with a Heart Attack. (E+)

It’s a classic ‘get em on the card’ match. And look at whose gone and got themselves a win. The Brutus half-assed push continues.

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH: Garry Walker defeated Quentin Parent and The Masked Mauler in 5:58 when Garry Walker defeated Quentin Parent by pinfall with a Pants Pull Sunset Flip. (E+)

Another win for burgeoning star Garry Walker.

NYCW TAG TEAM TITLES: The Grand Slam © defeated Aldous Blackfriar and William Jetterson in 8:03 when Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated William Jetterson by pinfall after using a foreign object. (C-)

The champs aren’t above cheating to win it seems. Another good match for the new team. Maybe a third matchup is worth it down the line.

NYCW TRI-STATE TITLE MATCH: Ernest Youngman © defeated Harvey Robbinfield in 13:14 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. (C-)

Aaaand Youngman wins again. Robbinfield is still cruising off the success in the tag match, so can take a loss here. Plus it might deflate his ego and his demands a little bit too. Interesting to note Youngman cheated to win though. Doesn’t strike me as the type to need to cheat to win.

ANGLE: Youngman and Henry cut a promo hyping their feud with Alpha and Omega. They promise continued victory, especially in their upcoming tag match at Old School Wrestling (Ernest to Henry – “Providing you do your job of course.” – followed by awkward laughter). (B-)

TAG TEAM MATCH: New Southern Stars defeated The Mighty… INVADERS in 10:07 when Joffy Pinkerton defeated Animal Harker by pinfall with a handful of tights. (C-)

More cheating. Welcome to New York, where there is never a clean finish. Logan and Animal have won plenty of matches, it was time for Tennessee and Joffy to get some semblance of revenge. Job done. Sadly no Immigrant Song to end this match. Sad times for all.

ANGLE: Ross Henry makes an elaborate entrance. (B+)

NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH: Ross Henry © defeated Fro Sure in 28:08 by pinfall with an Earthquake Powerslam. ©

Another good match with these two and a clean win for Henry.

ANGLE: Youngman and Henry are celebrating their victory in the ring. Alpha and Omega run in and attack, beating them down into the mat. (C-)

Good show. It seems elsewhere that BCG are going bankrupt. At least it’s not just us then. Onwards…

Monday, Week 4, May, 2017

TAG TEAM MATCH: The Mighty INVADERS drew with New Southern Stars in 10:26 following a double count out. (C-)

Southern Stars take the first, the second is a draw.

ANGLE: New Southern Stars cut a promo demanding a final match with The Mighty INVADERS. It’s time to settle the score, once and for all. (D)

Ugly promo work considering the talents these men have.

NYCW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Prophecy (Aldous Blackfriar and William Jetterson) defeated The Grand Slam © in 12:56 when Bulldozer Brandon Smith was disqualified while fighting William Jetterson. (D+)

The young upstarts get a victory over the champs, but sadly only by DQ. Big win for the new team as I look for something new for the champs to focus on. The tag division is HOT at the moment, so the title change must be significant.

ANGLE: Youngman and Henry cut a promo hyping their upcoming match with Fro Sure and Robbinfield. (B-)

TAG TEAM MATCH: Fro Sure and Harvey Robbinfield defeated Ernest Youngman and Ross Henry in 30:24 when Harvey Robbinfield defeated Ernest Youngman by pinfall with an Omega Driver. (D+)

Ooooo, clean loss for the champs here. Massive result for Alpha and Omega.

ANGLE: Youngman and Henry are arguing about their loss in the ring. Fro Sure and Robbinfield run in and attack, beating them both down into the mat. (D+)

OVERALL: D

There’s trouble in paradise it seems. You can have all the momentum in the world, but a loss is a loss.

In regional battles we came second in Mid-Atlantic and last in New England. But who cares, we made $4,377 profit. Woop!

Next time on Welcome to New York… GANG WARS, main evented by Youngman and Ross vs. Alpha and Omega III…

Welcome to New York… Where the good guys are happy to throw down with one another…

NYCW Gang Wars

Sunday, Week 4, June, 2017

GANG WARS MATCH: Quentin Parent and Legacy defeated Kip Keenan and The Heartbreak Express in 8:01 when Robin DaLay defeated Johnny Needham by pinfall with a DaLay Down. (E+)

Standard opener with all the scrubs. More victories for Legacy.

ANGLE: Joffy Pinkerton and Tennessee William say that they’ve been missing a piece in their goal of complete domination. But now they’ve got it. Out comes their new bodyguard… The Hangman. (C-)

Originally Texas Hangman, I’ve decided he’s a monster who isn’t limited to his region. STRONG start and Great gimmick.

GANG WARS MATCH: The Hangman and New Southern Stars defeated Garry Walker and The Mighty INVADERS in 12:47 when The Hangman defeated Garry Walker by pinfall with a Choke Slam. (D)

And a huge opening match win for the monster. I have big plans for him going forward, because of his look and his LOW price.

ANGLE: Henry and Youngman cut a promo hyping their upcoming match with Fro Sure and Robbinfield. (B-)

GANG WARS MATCH: The Masked Mauler and The Grand Slam defeated Aldous Blackfriar, William Jetterson and Brutus Milano in 12:54 when The Masked Mauler defeated Brutus Milano by submission with an Iron Claw. (D)

Mauler wins. Mauler wins. Mauler wins. Finally after almost a year he gets a win. I do not have big plans for him sadly.

ANGLE: Ross Henry and Ernest Youngman make an elaborate entrance. (A)

TAG TEAM MATCH: Fro Sure and Harvey Robbinfield defeated Ernest Youngman and Ross Henry in 24:55 when Harvey Robbinfield defeated Ernest Youngman by pinfall with a handful of tights after Henry accidentally speared Youngman. (D+)

Ooo, Alpha and Omega really do have the champions’ numbers. Ouch. And then, immediately after the young punks steal a win…

ANGLE: Ross Henry is apologising to Ernest Youngman for misstep, but Youngman is looking angry. Henry offers him a handshake, which Youngman reluctantly accepts… BAM! And he clocks him the Hit. He then proceeds to take a chair to Henry, beating him mercilessly into a bloody pulp as the crowd watch on in horror. ©

That’s right folks. Ernest was unstoppable on his own, and it was only when Henry was around that he started to lose. Not content with being second best to anyone, he snapped and destroyed his former friend.

And thus a monster heel is born. I am excited, and a little turned on.

We had to quickly hire Ted Ross to take over on colour commentary after Ernie Turner’s contract expired. This would save us a few pennies at least. And really at our size, how important is colour commentary?

Brutus Milano’s contract was also up and I decided not to re-sign him. Larry disagreed however and gave him a healthy pay raise. It pays to know the boss it seems.

NOTBPW, having stolen a tonne of workers from us. were on the rocks. They’ve fallen to Cult and I’m now eyeing up their roster with mild interest.

We ended the month coming second in Mid-Atlantic and last in New England, but we did finish with a $3,586 profit. Lovely.

Next time on Welcome to New York…Henry/Fro Sure III…

<p>Welcome to New York… Where all great things must come to an end…</p><p> </p><p>

So with the golden boy Ernest Strongman having turned himself heel in the most shocking way possible, I suddenly realise my roster is horribly uneven at the top end in terms of face stars. Other than Henry, I only really have Bulldozer and Flash (who are tag team champs) as opposed to Fro Sure, Harvey Robbinfield and Ernest on the heel side.</p><p> </p><p>

Time to start making some moves in that regard. Time to elevate and reorder the roster. That’s right, Ernest Youngman is so vital to the promotion that his change in disposition actually effects the entire roster.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyway, let’s get on with this story…</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>NYCW Welcome to New York 13: Henry/Fro Sure III </strong></p><p>

Sunday, Week 2, July, 2016</p><p>

Pennysylvania Park, Brooklyn, New York City, New York</p><p>

<strong>GANG WARS MATCH:</strong> Garry Walker and The Heartbreak Express defeated Brutus Milano and Legacy in 8:27 when Garry Walker defeated Brutus Milano by pinfall with a Pants Pull Sunset Flip. <strong>(E+)</strong></p><p>

Hello rematch. Not much to note here other than Garry Walker and the heartbreak Express finally getting some love. Legacy have won enough recently, time to give something to the good guys.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> The Hangman defeated The Masked Mauler in 5:51 by pinfall with a Choke Slam. <strong>(E-)</strong></p><p>

Ugly match again from our new resident monster. Sure he lacks the skills, but… he’s big. I guess. More work required, but for now he can just squash Mauler a few times to build some of that sweet, sweet momentum.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>TRIPLE THREAT MATCH:</strong> Harvey Robbinfield defeated Quentin Parent and Kip Keenan in 7:41 when Harvey Robbinfield defeated Quentin Parent by pinfall with an Omega Driver. <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p>

Didn’t have much for Omega to do tonight as will become apparent later on, so used him early and gave him the win. Quintin Parent is NOT good. I feel bad for Kip though, he’s decent but always loses.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW TAG TEAM TITLES:</strong> New Southern Stars defeated The Grand Slam © in 12:40 when Joffy Pinkerton defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith by pinfall with a Death Spiral following interference from Aldous Blackfriar and William Jetterson. New Southern Stars win the NYCW Tag Team titles. <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p>

That’s right, it’s time to get the titles off The Grand Slam to free them up for some main event goodness. Annoyingly I would’ve given the belts to the Prophecy, but they’ve already fought three times recently. And actually, I’ve just sort of cut them out of the hunt as the titles are on a heel team. I may not have thought this through properly, especially with what happens later.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> The MIGHTY… INVADERS come to the ring to the sweet sounds of Immigrant Song, but Cobra and Blackfriar run in early and attack Wolfsbaine so viciously that he’s carried out of the arena on a stretcher. Animal vows to avenge his former partner. <strong>(D)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>HANDICAP MATCH:</strong> Aldous Blackfriar and William Jetterson defeated Animal Harker in 8:15 when Aldous Blackfriar defeated Animal Harker by submission with a Gloomweaver Clutch. <strong>(D)</strong></p><p>

Not a particularly good match here, which may be the case without Logan knocking around. Shame really because I do like the MIGHTY… INVADERS. But I wanted to keep the new heel team strong. But they’re running out of viable competition.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Ross Henry makes an elaborate entrance. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH:</strong> Ross Henry © defeated Fro Sure in 11:42 by count out after Ernest Youngman ran in and attacked Henry and Fro Sure, but forgot to slide the challenger back in the ring. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

Decent, if unspectacular match right here.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> In the ring Ross Henry is being attacked by Ernest Youngman, Alpha and Omega. It’s vicious and calculating. Then Ernest turns his attention to Fro Sure and Harvey Robbinfield, beating them within an inch of their lives. He grabs the mic; “For over a year I’ve been representing this City, with this belt. But I’ve had enough. I’m not from New York, I’m Chicago MADE, and proud as a representative of the second city! Actually y’know what, it’s not the second city, this cesspool I’m standing in is the real SECOND city of this country. Look at you all. Pathetic! This city has nothing! No heroes, no stars, no-one who can stand in my way!”</p><p> </p><p>

Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin starts…</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>(C-)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW TRI-STATE TITLE MATCH:</strong> Logan Wolfsbaine defeated Ernest Youngman © in 27:53 by pinfall with an INVADER Suplex. Logan Wolfsbaine wins the NYCW Tri-State Regional title. <strong>©</strong></p><p>

That’s right people! The streak is finally over at 22 defenses, Ernest Youngman, Chicago’s favourite son loses clean as a whistle to Logan ‘The INVADER’ Wolfsbaine. That is how you get the title of a champion like Ernest. By having him try and fail to beat the next big thing. He wasn’t that happy about losing, but whatever, he was moving on up. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>OVERALL: D</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Disappointing result considering the quality of the main event it must be said. But a quick look at the prestige of the titles in NYCW and the Tri-State Regional is now rated at B-, while Empire is B and the Tag Team Titles have dropped from C+ to C following the title change.</p><p> </p><p>

I know it doesn’t make sense to have one half of our best face tag team holding singles gold, but the fact is, as much as I love the INVADERS, Logan is a dynamo ring general just waiting to step into the main event. There’s no point holding him back with Animal when he could be tearing the house down over the secondary title. It also made sense for Ernest to move on. He’s done everything he can with the Tri-State Title now. He’s beaten everyone and he needs to be free to pursue the Empire Title.</p><p> </p><p>

Still, one more show to increase our revenue for the month and next month we’re going to shoot for the moon with the early rounds of the second annual King of New York tournament.</p><p> </p><p>

Next time on Welcome to New York… Old School Wrestling returns AND we look at the brackets for this year’s 32-man edition of the King of New York tournament…</p>

<p>Welcome to New York… Where we’ve got plans, big plans… HUGE PLANS in fact…</p><p> </p><p>

On with the second show in July.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Old School Wrestling </strong></p><p>

Sunday, Week 4, July, 2016</p><p>

Pennsylvania Park, Brooklyn, New York City, New York</p><p>

<strong>NYCW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH:</strong> New Southern Stars © defeated The Mighty INVADERS in 9:50 when Tennessee William defeated Animal Harker by pinfall with a Devil's Crossroad. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

And in an immediate reversal of what I said, I job out the Mighty INVADERS immediately. Animal took the pin so that we could keep Logan strong. This also finally blows off the Destruction of the Southern Stars storyline. Good match too.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Aldous Blackfriar in 7:41 by count out. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

The Grand Slam have one more tag title rematch in their locker and this is the buildup to it. Good match.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> Steve Flash defeated William Jetterson in 8:14 by pinfall with a Flash Bang. <strong>(D)</strong></p><p>

Here’s the other half and a far worse match. Actually really disappointed.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Ernest Youngman is out with a microphone; “Y’know what, we from the Second City… sorry, FIRST CITY of Chi-Town are lone wolves. We fight our own fights like men. I may hate Ross Henry, but I don’t like Alpha or Omega either. They’re nothing but a bunch of nobodies! That being said, no man is an island. With that in mind, I’ve enlisted some help. I got me a bodyguard. You’ve met him before, but he’s realised I’m the right man to watch the back of. Ladies and gentlemen… The Hangman.” <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

Utterly wasted with the New Southern Stars, but alongside Ernest he could well find his talents growing and growing. With his look, he could have a huge future. I just need to book him right. Speaking of which…</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> The Hangman defeated Kip Keenan in 4:24 by pinfall with a Choke Slam. <strong>(E+)</strong></p><p>

Better match than last time and with a similar result. I think if I’m careful and keep him to singles dominations and tag team matches with Ernest he might end up looking like an unstoppable MONSTER.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> Ernest Youngman defeated The Masked Mauler in 4:40 by pinfall with The Hit. <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p>

Speaking of domination. Ernest wanted to show the world that he’s just as dominant as Hangman. And here’s the proof. Comfortably his worst match ever I think. Thankfully for the Masked Mauler, he’s Logan’s Mentor. Might be time to transition him out of regular work though. There’s a little juice left in his tank, but not a lot.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Ross Henry makes an elaborate entrance. <strong>(B)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW EMPIRE TITLE TRIPLE THREAT MATCH:</strong> Ross Henry © defeated Fro Sure and Harvey Robbinfield in 21:42 when Ross Henry defeated Fro Sure by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

Poor Alpha and Omega, they’re becoming something of a main event job squad. They win in tag matches, but always, always blow the big title matches. Fro Sure has to date, not one a thing having been with the company for over a year. Still, decent match.</p><p> </p><p>

I sat down in my office after the show and checked the latest results from around the independent wrestling scene. I had a mad plan y’see. I was confident of making money this month, so it was time to escalate the volume of shows I ran per month. If I worked out a rolling crew of workers, I could bleed the Tri-State area dry of fans and actually make a decent amount of cash in the interim. </p><p> </p><p>

So starting the following month, we’d run ‘Welcome to New York,’ ‘Old School Wrestling’ and ‘Stomping City Showdown’ in honour of the great man himself.</p><p> </p><p>

On those shows we’d be running qualifiers for the second annual King of New York tournament, which would culminate in the winner getting a shot at the title at Showdown in the City II. We’d also invite workers from around the independent scene to join to, basically the top champion from each member of the Confederation of Territories.</p><p> </p><p>

Therefore, the brackets look like this.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Preliminary 32:</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Ernest Youngman</p><p>

Bradley Blaze (MAW)</p><p> </p><p>

Garry Walker</p><p>

El Critico (OLLIE)</p><p> </p><p>

Bulldozer Brandon Smith</p><p>

Rajah (4C)</p><p> </p><p>

Harvey Robbinfield</p><p>

Marvel Malloy (IPW)</p><p> </p><p>

Fox Mask (CZCW)</p><p>

Aldous Blackfriar</p><p> </p><p>

Steve Flash</p><p>

Billy Russell (FCW)</p><p> </p><p>

Johnny Needham</p><p>

Robin DaLay</p><p> </p><p>

Ralph Liotta</p><p>

Madman Boone (PSW)</p><p> </p><p>

William Jetterson</p><p>

El Pavo Real (CILL)</p><p> </p><p>

Logan Wolfsbaine</p><p>

Quintin Parent</p><p> </p><p>

Fro Sure</p><p>

Nicholas Lopez (EMLL)</p><p> </p><p>

Kip Keenan</p><p>

Bret Heartbreak</p><p> </p><p>

Jake Idol (GSW)</p><p>

Joffy Pinkerton</p><p> </p><p>

Animal Harker</p><p>

Brutus Milano</p><p> </p><p>

Tennessee William</p><p>

The Masked Mauler</p><p> </p><p>

Scythe (RIPW)</p><p>

The Hangman</p><p> </p><p>

Next time on Welcome to New York… The Confederation hear of the tournament plans and call a meeting…</p>

<p>COTT Headquarters…</p><p> </p><p>

The room was packed with the nine owners and head bookers of all members of the Confederation of the Territories. As normal Sam Keith sat at the head of the table with Mean Jean Cattley to his side.</p><p> </p><p>

“Thank you for coming gentlemen, I think you can agree this has been a very productive meeting, if there isn’t any other business…”</p><p> </p><p>

“I got business,” growled Larry. “Me and the kid are running our yearly tournament.”</p><p> </p><p>

“So?” said Mitch Naess of PSW.</p><p> </p><p>

“So, punk, we’ve thrown out loan offers to your champion… What’s his face?”</p><p> </p><p>

“Madman Boone,” I replied after checking my notes.</p><p> </p><p>

“What!” snapped Naess. “You can’t do that. Sam, tell him he can’t do that.”</p><p> </p><p>

“Actually according to the by-law of the COTT he is well within his rights. There is a limit to the number of loans in a month though.”</p><p> </p><p>

“We’ll spread it over two months,” replied Larry.</p><p> </p><p>

“Then I don’t see a problem with…”</p><p> </p><p>

“YOU DON’T SEE A PROBLEM!” shouted Naess. “YOU DON’T SEE A PROBLEM? The problem is, Chairman, he’s going to job them out. All of them. All of our champions. He’ll make them look like chumps you can’t get through.”</p><p> </p><p>

“Not necessarily the case,” said Larry with a smirk.</p><p> </p><p>

“HE’S LYING! C’mon, who is Boone facing in round one?”</p><p> </p><p>

I checked my notes again, “Errr, Ralph Liotta.”</p><p> </p><p>

“THE JOBBER FROM MID-ATLANTIC.”</p><p> </p><p>

“He’s a fine worker Mitch,” interjected Keith.</p><p> </p><p>

“I don’t care if he’s the second coming of Optimus! He’s not in Boone’s league. I demand if our champion is going to be in this dog and pony show that he at least gets to the semi-finals.”</p><p> </p><p>

“You’ll book my show, the day that I die Naess. Shut your pie hole!” fired back Larry.</p><p> </p><p>

The room fell silent again and after the breathing had died down, Sam wrapped his fist on the table. “Alright then, I think we’re done here. See you all in a few months. Good luck with everything.”</p><p> </p><p>

Without another word, the gathered attendees stood up and left. Outside in the hallway, I went to ask Larry a question, but he put his hand up and answered his mobile phone instead. Muffled and frantic conversation followed and when it was over, he simply said “We’ve got somewhere to be. Get the car.”</p><p> </p><p>

*** </p><p> </p><p>

Three hours later…</p><p> </p><p>

Larry hadn’t said a word for the whole journey. He’d just sat there scrolling through documents on his phone. Whenever I’d tried to start to talk to him, he’d shut the conversation down with a hand wave or a grunt.</p><p> </p><p>

Outside the car window was a wide open expanse of farmland, with the occasional windmill or shed. As the seemingly endless road continued in a straight line ahead of us, a large, chrome and white building started to form alongside the road. As we got closer and closer, I noticed, above the building and sailing in the wind was an American flag, fluttering like crazy. Beneath it, written in black letters was the word…</p><p> </p><p>

Reverie</p><p> </p><p>

Next time on Welcome to New York… We begin the preliminary rounds of the Second Annual King of New York tournament…</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TCP1" data-cite="TCP1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45361" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>MisterRomanini - 5/8<p> Theheel - 2/8</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Wow could I have done much worse?</p>

<p>Welcome to New York… Where we’re expanding our battles to all sides, because history tells us that always works…</p><p> </p><p>

We made a small profit of $3,812, which convinced us to run the expanded King of New York tournament. And now it appears we’re now regional battles in the following:</p><p>

Great Lakes – 2nd (PSW then MAW)</p><p>

Mid-Atlantic 2nd (PSW then MAW)</p><p>

New England 2nd - (PSW then RIPW)</p><p>

Tri-State – 2nd - (PSW then RIPW)</p><p> </p><p>

In the truly big global news, a competitor to Reverie was launched. Netstream as it’s known, is set to take the States by storm, but of course, we already knew that. Or at least, Larry did. I never actually got to sit in on the meeting he had at Reverie and my attempts to find out more were answered with ‘they’re worried.’</p><p> </p><p>

But with all that sorted, there was no point waiting around. It was time to start the tournament.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>NYCW Welcome to New York 14: Road to the Throne II</strong> </p><p>

Monday, Week 2, August, 2017</p><p>

<strong>KONY QUALIFIER:</strong> Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Rajah in 8:13 by pinfall with a Backdrop Driver. <strong>(D)</strong></p><p>

Disappointing opener all in all. Obviously I’m not going to have Rajah go over Bulldozer and he didn’t do nearly enough for us to consider giving him a contract. Must be a Canadian thing.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY QUALIFIER:</strong> Robin DaLay defeated Johnny Needham in 6:25 by pinfall with a DaLay Down. <strong>(E+)</strong></p><p>

Nice enough match considering the popularity of those included. Legacy remain a work in progress though.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY QUALIFIER:</strong> Kip Keenan defeated Bret Heartbreak in 9:50 by pinfall with a Belly To Belly Suplex. <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p>

Where one succeeds, the other fails. Kip moves on after a rare win in a somewhat disappointing match in a series of them.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Logan Wolfsbaine cuts a promo saying that he’ll put the Tri-State Title on the line in every one of his qualifying matches, and he’s also happy to answer Brutus Milano’s challenge. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p>

He’s a fighting champion and a hero to the people.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY QUALIFIER:</strong> Logan Wolfsbaine defeated Quentin Parent in 5:51 by submission with a Boston Crab. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

Logan could wrestle a broom handle to a C- match it seems. Young and inexperienced Quentin threatened to drag the match down, but Logan had his working boots on today.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY QUALIFIER:</strong> Ralph Liotta defeated Madman Boone in 8:24 by pinfall with a Swinging Neckbreaker. <strong>(E+)</strong></p><p>

Well Mitch Naess wasn’t wrong. OF COURSE we jobbed out their top champion. These two had great chemistry too. HUGE win for the protégé of Steve Flash, although we were a little disappointed with the rating. Again.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Ernest Youngman says that his ‘main man’ The Hangman is ready for the challenge of RIPW’s Scythe, who in reality is a poor man’s Hangman. <strong>(B-)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY QUALIFIER:</strong> Scythe drew with The Hangman in 4:46 following a double count out after botth men fought into the crowd. <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p>

That’s right, we’re going with the ‘One guy gets a BYE’ storyline. We liked Scythe a lot, but didn’t want to ruin the mystique of The Hangman so soon. They’re effectively two halves of the same whole.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY QUALIFIER:</strong> Steve Flash defeated Billy Russell in 11:52 by pinfall with a Flash Bang. <strong>(D)</strong></p><p>

Another big win for one half of The Grand Slam. But yet again, a poor match. I have not been impressed with any of the outsiders so far. I had high hopes too.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY QUALIFIER:</strong> Aldous Blackfriar defeated Fox Mask in 7:44 by submission with a Gloomweaver Clutch. <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p>

Actually the best match from an outsider so far, but even Coastal Zone legend Fox Mask couldn’t really bring the goods. That’s fine though, Larry hated the ‘jumpin bean’ workers anyway. Good win for Aldous.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY QUALIFIER:</strong> Harvey Robbinfield defeated Marvel Malloy in 7:38 by pinfall with an Omega Driver. <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p>

Another pretty good chemistry note between these two and another sub-standard match. This is turning into one of those shows where the story is great, but the action is lacking. Have the crowd noticed a trend in the COTT workers win/loss records yet?</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Ross Henry makes an elaborate entrance. <strong>(B)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW EMPIRE TITLE:</strong> Ross Henry defeated Ernest Youngman in 22:40 by pinfall after using a foreign object. <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p>

And the third, and potentially final showdown between the two is the most disappointing yet. The crowd, probably exhausted from hours or poor matches couldn’t bring themselves to care. I don’t really blame them.</p><p> </p><p>

So yeah, that wasn’t great. Hopefully the next round would be better. But I wouldn’t bet on it. In FCW Joffy Laine (AKA Pinkerton) defeated Ross Henry for the COTT Heavyweight Title. I didn’t know what to do with that information to be honest. Would I somehow write that into our shows? Probably not.</p><p> </p><p>

Next time on Welcome to New York… The rest of the qualifying round of the King of New York, and an induction into the NYCW Hall of Fame…</p>

<p>Welcome to New York… Where we recognise a King over an Emperor…</p><p> </p><p>

BCG finally went pop and closed it’s doors for good. As we head into the sweet 16 for the King of New York Tournament, Steve Flash pulled a rib on the locker room, which had them in hysterics. Brutus Milano showed his creative side and drew cartoons and Garry Walker was pulled in front of Steve Flash and the court. Wacky bunch our lot.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>NYCW Old School Wrestling</strong></p><p>

Monday, Week 3, August, 2017</p><p>

<strong>KONY QUALIFIER:</strong> Garry Walker defeated El Critico in 7:57 by pinfall with a Pants Pull Sunset Flip. <strong>(E+)</strong></p><p>

Well Critico sucks. Good win for our young up-and-comer though as Walker moves into the Sweet 16.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY QUALIFIER:</strong> Tennessee William defeated The Masked Mauler in 8:15 by pinfall with a Devil's Crossroad. <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p>

Aaaaand another disappointing match. Hardly surprising considering Mauler’s advanced age and skill set at this stage. Thank God for his mentorship of Logan otherwise he’d be gone just like his former tag partner was.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY QUALIFIER:</strong> Animal Harker defeated Brutus Milano in 8:14 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p>

Despite being around the same quality as the last match, the expectations were a little lower and they just about reached them. No return Final 8 performance for Brutus this year.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Ernest Youngman is out with The Hangman. He’s tried fighting Henry like a man, but the ‘Hero of the People’ insists on cheating. So he’ll do it the hardway and win the King of New York tournament and beat him in the main event of the King of New York. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY QUALIFIER:</strong> Ernest Youngman defeated Bradley Blaze in 13:19 by pinfall with The Hit. <strong>©</strong></p><p>

Good match from Blaze here as I can totally see why he’s the man in MAW. Might be worth a look for a long-term contract in fact. Not yet obviously because we’re so poor.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY QUALIFIER:</strong> Joffy Pinkerton defeated Jake Idol in 7:53 by pinfall with a Death Spiral. <strong>(D)</strong></p><p>

The GSW champion is decent enough and the COTT World Heavyweight title holder (still can’t quite believe that) delivers decently. Still more training required in my eyes, although apparently Sam Keith is ok with him.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY QUALIFIER:</strong> William Jetterson defeated El Pavo Unreal in 7:46 by submission with a Viper Vice. <strong>(E+)</strong></p><p>

Because we couldn’t get El Pavo Real, we created our own version (Mauler under a different mask). It’s a little underhanded, but the COTT shouldn’t limit our loans. Cobra moves on.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY QUALIFIER:</strong> Fro Sure defeated Nicky Lopezio in 10:28 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p>

Another replacement here, with Steve Flash donning a mask and fake long hair. Completely different body shape to Nicolas Lopez of course. I wonder how the other promotions would react.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>GANG WARS MATCH:</strong> Bulldozer Brandon Smith, Logan Wolfsbaine and Ross Henry drew with Aldous Blackfriar, Harvey Robbinfield and Scythe in 13:29 when the referee lost control and stopped the match. <strong>©</strong></p><p>

A nice big New York City brawl to end the show. No one loses momentum and the match ruled, which is nice.</p><p> </p><p>

Another poor show in a string of them. Moving the production costs down was hurting us, BUT we were sort of making money. Although I’d be amazed if we did this month. We had a chat with The Masked Mauler who was unhappy with his recent booking. Apparently his momentum is in the toilet. Which it is. We weren’t about push the old lunatic, so instead we inducted him and Rick Sanders (Old School Principals) into the NYCW Hall of Fame.</p><p> </p><p>

Without further ado, let’s roll straight on to the sweet 16 and setup the final card for NYCW King of New York.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>NYCW Stomping in the City</strong></p><p>

Monday, Week 4, August, 2017</p><p>

<strong>KONY SWEET 16:</strong> Ralph Liotta defeated Robin DaLay in 8:29 by pinfall with a Swinging Neckbreaker. <strong>(E+)</strong></p><p>

Another big win from the youngster as he continues to make a name for himself at the bottom of the card. Decent performance considering the lack of star power.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY SWEET 16:</strong> Animal Harker defeated Joffy Pinkerton in 9:54 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p>

Former friends collide once again. And once again it’s the crazy brawler Animal who gets the win.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY SWEET 16:</strong> Ernest Youngman defeated Garry Walker in 8:18 by pinfall with The Hit. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

Good match experience for Garry here again as he takes on one of the hottest characters in the company. It’s a close match, but the main man Ernest gets the win.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Logan Wolfsbaine cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with William Jetterson. <strong>(B-)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY SWEET 16:</strong> Logan Wolfsbaine defeated William Jetterson in 12:28 by submission with a Boston Crab. <strong>©</strong></p><p>

Stop it Logan, you saucy devil. Stealing the show is what he does. This week it’s against Jetterson, who ends up looking like a million dollars in defeat.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY SWEET 16:</strong> Fro Sure defeated Kip Keenan in 7:47 by pinfall with a Sure Thing. <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p>

Disappointing match as it goes, but Fro Sure is another name officially booked into the Final 8. There’s lots of juicy talent lining up and two spots left to fill.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY SWEET 16:</strong> Steve Flash defeated Aldous Blackfriar in 10:28 by pinfall with a Flash Bang. <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p>

Big win for one half of The Grand Slam, which puts him onto the main card against none other than his protégé Ralph Liotta.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Bulldozer Brandon Smith cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Harvey Robbinfield. <strong>(B-)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY SWEET 16:</strong> Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Harvey Robbinfield in 8:28 by pinfall with a handful of tights. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

In an unexpected boon, these two have great chemistry. Good match, with the wily veteran getting the duke by cheating. The Omega Man was furious after the match, but with this match we have our Final 8.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH:</strong> Ross Henry © defeated Tennessee William in 10:18 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. <strong>©</strong></p><p>

Great showing by Tennessee in his first main event matchup for the title. Henry continues his singles streak heading towards Empire City Showdown II.</p><p> </p><p>

And with that performance we come 1st in all battles except New England. Due to all the loan talent, we made a loss of $8,513, which was actually ok. We’d make it back as the year closed. Probably.</p><p> </p><p>

In the biggest signing news on the independents, GSW signed Rogue to his first contract in six months. He’s a big-time player and star and could well serve them like Jay Chord served us.</p><p> </p><p>

With a hectic August drawing to a close, the card for King of New York was set:</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">2nd Annual King of New York</span></strong></p><p>

10-Man Battle Royal: Bret Heartbreak, Brutus Milano, Joffy Pinkerton, Quintin Parent, Robin DaLay, Scythe, The Hangman, The Masked Mauler, Jake Idol and Johnny Needham</p><p>

Tag Team Match: The Prophecy vs. Kip Keenan and Garry Walker</p><p>

KONY 8: Ernest Youngman vs. Bulldozer Brandon Smith</p><p>

KONY 8: Steve Flash vs. Ralph Liotta</p><p>

KONY 8: Logan Wolfsbaine vs. Fro Sure</p><p>

KONY 8: Animal Harker vs. Tennessee William</p><p>

NYCW Empire Title: Ross Henry vs. Harvey Robbinfield</p><p> </p><p>

Next time on Welcome to New York… A Crown, for a King…</p>

<p>10-Man Battle Royal: Bret Heartbreak, Brutus Milano, <strong>Joffy Pinkerton</strong>, Quintin Parent, Robin DaLay, Scythe, The Hangman, The Masked Mauler, Jake Idol and Johnny Needham</p><p>

Tag Team Match: <strong>The Prophecy</strong> vs. Kip Keenan and Garry Walker</p><p>

KONY 8: <strong>Ernest Youngman</strong> vs. Bulldozer Brandon Smith</p><p>

KONY 8: Steve Flash vs. <strong>Ralph Liotta</strong></p><p>

KONY 8: <strong>Logan Wolfsbaine</strong> vs. Fro Sure</p><p>

KONY 8: Animal Harker vs. <strong>Tennessee William</strong></p><p>

KONY SEMIFINALS: <strong>Youngman</strong> vs. Liotta</p><p>

KONY SEMIFINALS: <strong>Wolfsbaine</strong> vs. William</p><p>

KONY FINALS: <strong>Youngman</strong> vs. Wolfsbaine</p><p>

NYCW Empire Title: <strong>Ross Henry</strong> vs. Harvey Robbinfield</p>

<p>Well let’s see if I can do a little better</p><p> </p><p>

10-Man Battle Royal: Bret Heartbreak, Brutus Milano, Joffy Pinkerton, Quintin Parent, Robin DaLay, Scythe, <strong>The Hangman</strong>, The Masked Mauler, Jake Idol and Johnny Needham</p><p>

Tag Team Match: <strong>The Prophecy</strong> vs. Kip Keenan and Garry Walker</p><p>

KONY 8: <strong>Steve Flash</strong> vs. Ralph Liotta</p><p>

KONY 8: <strong>Animal Harker</strong> vs. Tennessee William</p><p>

NYCW Empire Title: <strong>Ross Henry</strong> vs. Harvey Robbinfield</p><p> </p><p>

KONY SF <strong>Ernest Youngman</strong> vs Steve Flash</p><p>

KONY SF <strong>Logan Wolfsbaine</strong> vs Animal Harker </p><p>

KONY FINALS <strong>Ernest Youngman</strong> vs Logan Wolfsbaine</p>

<p><strong>2nd Annual King of New York</strong></p><p>

10-Man Battle Royal: Bret Heartbreak, Brutus Milano, Joffy Pinkerton, Quintin Parent, Robin DaLay, <strong>Scythe</strong>, The Hangman, The Masked Mauler, Jake Idol and Johnny Needham</p><p>

KONY 8: <strong>Steve Flash</strong> vs. Ralph Liotta</p><p>

KONY 8: Animal Harker vs. <strong>Tennessee William</strong></p><p>

NYCW Empire Title: <strong>Ross Henry</strong> vs. Harvey Robbinfield</p><p> </p><p>

Loving this so far.</p>

<p>Welcome to New York… Where we crown a King…</p><p> </p><p>

Before the big show, Quentin Parent was in fine form telling road stories, although quite how many he can have at his age is beyond me. The Masked Mauler meanwhile had everyone in hysterics with impressions of the other boys.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>The 2nd King of New York Tournament</strong></p><p>

Saturday, Week 2, September, 2017</p><p>

Pennsylvania Park, Brooklyn, New York City, New York,</p><p>

<strong>10-MAN BATTLE ROYAL:</strong> Scythe won a battle royal in 11:32. The other members of the 'final four' were The Hangman, Jake Idol and Joffy Pinkerton, with The Hangman being the final elimination. The Hangman got the most eliminations over the course of the match. <strong>(D)</strong></p><p>

The magnificent monster Scythe bested all comers and eliminated the unstoppable Hangman to win this coveted (seriously does anyone care) battle royal. I find it amusing that I find myself with two unstoppable monster characters at the same time. One face, one heel. I smell an extended feud. One which no one asked for.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY FINAL 8:</strong> Tennessee William defeated Animal Harker in 12:07 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. <strong>(D)</strong></p><p>

These two just can’t stay away from each other it seems. The extended breakup of the Southern Stars leaks into the tournament again. This time it’s William using his guitar to score the win and get to the semi finals.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY FINAL 8:</strong> Ralph Liotta defeated Steve Flash in 4:55 by flash pinfall. <strong>(D)</strong></p><p>

In a short but effective match, it’s mentor vs protégé and despite looking unstoppable and dominant, it’s actually the ultimate underdog Ralph Liotta who gets the win.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY FINAL 8:</strong> Logan Wolfsbaine defeated Fro Sure in 7:52 by pinfall with a Belly-to-Belly suplex. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

Solid matchup between two rising stars of NYCW. Logan continues his incredible two-year run and is set to face his long-time rival Tennessee William in the semis.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Ernest Youngman is out with The Hangman. Tonight he’s going to book his place in history by marching all the way to the finals, getting the crown and then going on to Empire City Showdown to ascend to Empire Champion once and for all. Nothing and no one is going to stop the Saint of the Second City. <strong>(B-)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY FINAL 8:</strong> Ernest Youngman defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith in 9:51 by pinfall with The Hit. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p>

Fantastic match between two of our top guys. Ernest remains the man in New York, despite never having held the top prize. Bulldozer puts on a Hell of a show and even learns a new power move to help with his ring psychology. I’d call this a win across the board.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>TAG TEAM MATCH:</strong> The Prophecy defeated Garry Walker and Kip Keenan in 5:42 when Aldous Blackfriar defeated Kip Keenan by submission with a Gloomweaver Clutch. <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p>

Well hello zero chemistry note, haven’t seen you in a while. The Prophecy with precious little to do, keep their momentum going, while the youngsters get some exposure. One day I will really have to find something for Garry and Kip to do.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY FINAL 4:</strong> Logan Wolfsbaine defeated Tennessee William in 8:15 by submission with a Boston Crab. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

Another good match from Tennessee here, although having Logan to work with is never a bad thing. Despite, arguably the easiest run to the semis, it’s the Tri-State Champion who progresses to the finals. Can he top his incredible year by winning it all?</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Logan Wolfsbaine cuts a promo hyping up his finals match. He doesn’t care who it’s against, it’s time for him to fulfil his destiny and become a ‘True’ Grand Slam winner. I’m sure Flash and Bulldozer take issue with that statement, but he’s not wrong. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY FINAL 4:</strong> Ernest Youngman defeated Ralph Liotta in 8:16 by pinfall with The Hit, following a The Hangman run in. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

The Ultimate Underdog falls short at the final hurdle, but it took interference from the behemoth to take him down. The crowd lapped up the match and it could well be a star-making performance. But how could he capitalise? Ernest takes a step closer to the promised land and a matchup with Logan, which technically would mark their third encounter over the years. Ernest won the first, Logan won the second and the rubber would be for the King of New York.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH:</strong> Ross Henry © defeated Harvey Robbinfield in 9:31 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

Ross Henry shows he’s not above some underhanded tactics to keep the title he’s held for almost a year. Harvey meanwhile continues Alpha and Omega’s streak of always fighting for titles, but never winning them.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Ernest Youngman cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Logan Wolfsbaine. It’s time young Wolfsbaine. Let’s see what you’ve got. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KONY FINAL:</strong> For nearly half an hour, these two workhorses of NYCW do battle. Both men were tired entering the match, but the pace was fast and frantic throughout. A series of near-falls ensured towards the end and there was even interference from The Hangman, until Animal Harker ran in to fight him away. But with everything on the line, it was, eventually Ernest Youngman who prevailed, having defeated Logan Wolfsbaine in 28:24 by pinfall with The Hit. Ernest Youngman wins the NYCW King of New York title. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p>

MONSTER main event to top off one of our strongest cards in months. Ernest and Logan never, ever disappoint and once again they did what was necessary. It was truly a spectacle, but Ernest’s momentum was too high for him not to book his place in the main event of Empire City Showdown II.</p><p> </p><p>

That’s how we do that. Even with our production costs in the toilet, we still deliver. Elsewhere George Wolfe won the MAW Title from Bradley Blaze and the contract expiry of Remo Richardson caused a bidding war.</p><p> </p><p>

Due to the strength of The King of New York, we won all battles and even turned a small profit of $5,911. With that in mind, it sort of made sense in the following month to increase our shows to weekly. So we’d have: Welcome to New York, Old School Wrestling, Stomping in the City AND the return of Traditional Tour. See if we could still turn a profit, even with a show running outside of the Tri-State area.</p><p> </p><p>

We were now building to the biggest show of the year in December and we had a main event. Now it was time to pad out the undercard and see where we were at.</p><p> </p><p>

Next time on Welcome to New York… Hopefully we make more money…</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>OOC Results:</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><strong><em>MisterRomanini - 9/10</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Theheel - 7/10</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

a0161613 - 6/7</em></strong></p>

<p>Welcome to New York… Where four shows in a month is no longer a pipe-dream...</p><p> </p><p>

With the King of New York in the rear view mirror it was time to branch out into New England again. We’d attempt to limit our workers in all non-Welcome to New York shows to save costs and hopefully turn a profit.</p><p> </p><p>

Let’s see how we got on.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Traditional Tour</strong></p><p>

Friday, Week 1, October, 2017</p><p>

Biker’s Paradise, Boston, New England</p><p>

Attendance: 300 (SOLD OUT!)</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Ernest Youngman is out with The Hangman and his King of New York trophy. Tonight he and ‘his boy’ are going to team up and destroy his fallen foe and a partner of his choosing. Just because they’re riding high and nothing can go wrong. <strong>©</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>TAG TEAM MATCH:</strong> Ernest Youngman and The Hangman drew with Scythe and Logan Wolfsbaine in 7:36 when the referee lost control and stopped the match. <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p>

Nice big, high-energy brawl which makes The Hangman and Scythe continue to look like big time players despite not really having achieved anything. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> Aldous Blackfriar drew with Ralph Liotta in 8:22 when the referee lost control and stopped the match. <strong>(E+)</strong></p><p>

In a running theme for the evening, one half of the tag teams The Heartbreak Express and The Prophecy fight to a draw. Ralph Liotta continues to make himself very comfortable in higher level matchups.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH:</strong> Ross Henry defeated Tennessee William in 9:55 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p>

Stop it Tennessee you little scamp. Delivering big match performances, while holding tag team gold. He’s quietly becoming a stalwart of our roster. Maybe I should consider a singles run for him?</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Alpha and Omega cut a promo hyping their upcoming match with The Grand Slam. <strong>(D)</strong></p><p>

Disappointing stuff from the boys here, but it at least setup our big main event.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>TAG TEAM MATCH:</strong> Alpha and Omega defeated The Grand Slam in 23:13 when Fro Sure defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith by pinfall with a Sure Thing. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

A clean win for Alpha and Omega. They may suck in singles, but I don’t think they’ve lost a tag team matchup to date. Interesting.</p><p> </p><p>

Disappointing result, but it did the job of increasing our popularity nicely. Actually with the spill over effect of our Tri-State shows and the rising attendance figures in New England, it might be worth ditching the traditional tour until I can guarantee a 1,000 sell out. Pretty sure I’d make money that way.</p><p> </p><p>

Let’s get straight onto our flagship show. Beforehand though, Joffy Pinkerton, the COTT World Champion exhibited such selfish behaviour that I was forced to act. I gave him a stern warning, which predictably had no effect. He probably shouldn’t test my patience too much, especially as Tennessee is carving out a niche as a singles performer.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Welcome to New York 15: Alpha’s Last Chance</strong></p><p>

Saturday, Week 2, September, 2017</p><p>

<strong>TRIPLE THREAT TAG TEAM MATCH:</strong> Legacy defeated Brutus Milano and Quentin Parent and Garry Walker and The Masked Mauler in 7:39; the order of elimination was Garry Walker and The Masked Mauler first, and then Brutus Milano and Quentin Parent. <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p>

A classic opener for NYCW and the Legacy get the win, because frankly I have nothing going on with the rest. Eventually I would look to elevate Legacy into an actual feud, but I think that might be for the new year.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Ernest Youngman brings out The Hangman and tells Scythe that The Saint of the Second City will do everything to help his boy win. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> The Hangman drew with Scythe in 5:35 when the referee lost control and stopped the match. <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p>

Draws are the new wins. Neither could afford the loss, but it didn’t mean I didn’t want the match to happen. Disappointing score, but really The Hangman sucks in-ring. Doesn’t mean I won’t push him though.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>TAG TEAM MATCH:</strong> The Heartbreak Express drew with The Prophecy in 9:48 when the referee lost control and stopped the match. <strong>(D)</strong></p><p>

The first of what will likely be many matches with these two. Ralph was amazing here, Johnny Needham was not. He was so far behind the others that I’m actually considering using someone else in his spot.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW TRI-STATE TITLE MATCH:</strong> Logan Wolfsbaine © defeated Animal Harker and Harvey Robbinfield in 12:39 when Logan Wolfsbaine defeated Animal Harker by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

When tag teams explode… and Harvey. A nice victory for the runner-up in the King of New York tournament. Poor Harvey continues his, frankly, incredible losing streak in title matches. Animal did pretty well here too.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Ernest Youngman cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Ross Henry at Empire City Showdown. <strong>©</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> Ernest Youngman defeated Kip Keenan in 7:35 by pinfall with The Hit. <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p>

A clean victory for Ernest here as his momentum threatens to overwhelm the entire company. But can he bring the goods on the grandest stage of them all.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH:</strong> New Southern Stars © defeated The Grand Slam in 8:22 when Joffy Pinkerton defeated Steve Flash by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p>

Big win for our tag team champions here, and one which may lead to a rubber match in December. Can’t have a big event without all the titles on the line.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH:</strong> Ross Henry © defeated Fro Sure in 23:26 by pinfall with a handful of tights. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

And in his last chance at singles gold, Fro Sure falls short… again. I really think I’ve created the image of him being a choker, which for one of your top heels is a real problem. Luckily Ernest was our actual top heel and he always wins.</p><p> </p><p>

Back to the disappointing results sadly, but that’s fine. All storylines were cooking on gas and our momentum was at a solid D+. Even with the reduced costs of running a show we were heading in the right direction.</p><p> </p><p>

Next time on Welcome to New York… The second half of October brings further mentorship and the build to the big show continues…</p>

<p>Welcome to New York… Where if you’re a broken down has-been, you try to teach the next generation how to be just like you…</p><p> </p><p>

Yes, The Masked Mauler is at it again. Not content with locking down his place in NYCW by mentoring Logan Wolfsbaine, he now also can add The Hangman to his books as a protégé. Thank God too, there’s someone who really, really needs some guidance in the basics.</p><p> </p><p>

Staying in New York, it was time to run the last two shows of the month and see if our plan to make a profit works.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Old School Wrestling</strong></p><p>

Monday, Week 3, October, 2017</p><p>

<strong>TAG TEAM MATCH:</strong> The Prophecy drew with The Heartbreak Express in 8:15 following a double count out. <strong>(D)</strong></p><p>

That’s two matches and two draws. The actual rating was poor again, which is a shame. I’m also wondering if I’m wasting a lot of talent in our tag team ranks? Three of the four competitors here could easily step into Tri-State contention.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> Scythe defeated Brutus Milano in 7:53 by pinfall with a Choke Slam. <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p>

That’s right. Brutus is still here. Never really doing anything other than losing. This time he helps make Scythe look unstoppable. Beautiful stuff. Poor match though.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> The Masked Mauler defeated Quentin Parent in 5:18 by submission with an Iron Claw. <strong>(E+)</strong></p><p>

All his whining has finally paid off. I couldn’t have him unhappy, not with his close connections to Logan and The Hangman. His finishing move is so old school. I wonder if there’s a gimmick there?</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW TRI-STATE TRIPLE THREAT MATCH:</strong> Logan Wolfsbaine © defeated Fro Sure and Harvey Robbinfield in 12:48 when Logan Wolfsbaine defeated Fro Sure by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

Good match and a final full stop on Alpha and Omega’s singles title campaigns. The crowd have started to chant ‘Cho-Ker!’ at them. We also have a new heel spot for Harvey in the match, which is cool. I think it might be time to move them into Tag Team ranks for good though.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW EMPIRE & COTT WORLD TITLE MATCH:</strong> Ross Henry defeated Joffy Pinkerton in 8:21 by pinfall with an Earthquake Powerslam. Ross Henry wins the COTT World Heavyweight title. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

That’s right! You make a fuss backstage and I’ll make you pay! I bet our simmering tension is due to explode at some point. But it’s cool, I’m the boss, so let it happen.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Ernest Youngman says that he and The Hangman aren’t done yet. He wants to be fresh for Henry, so he’s going to test himself against the most decorated team in NYCW history and finally get himself some lovely gold to put around his waist. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>COTT WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH:</strong> Ernest Youngman and The Hangman defeated The Grand Slam © in 12:35 when The Hangman defeated Steve Flash by pinfall with a Choke Slam. Ernest Youngman and The Hangman win the COTT World Tag Team titles. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

Bulldozer had been complaining about his busy schedule and I’d totally forgotten these guys had the World Tag Team titles. Thus the perfect storyline response was to give the gold to fresh blood. You’d think I’d have a plan going forward, but I don’t. It’s called booking on the fly. Who knows where it might lead.</p><p> </p><p>

Poor show overall, but at least I now had the tag titles on Hangman and Ernest. Didn’t really think this through. Might have to hotshot them off the makeshift team before Empire City Showdown and then have a massive brawl for all the tag gold between multiple teams.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Stomping in the City</strong></p><p>

Friday, Week 4, October, 2017</p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> Scythe defeated Brutus Milano in 7:38 by pinfall with an Underworld Spike. <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p>

Brutus does his job perfectly. I wonder if all this losing is making him a better performer. I’d have to look into that.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>TAG TEAM MATCH:</strong> The Prophecy defeated Animal Harker and The Masked Mauler in 7:53 when Aldous Blackfriar defeated The Masked Mauler by submission with a Gloomweaver Clutch. <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p>

And The Mauler’s winning streak ends at one. I know technically Logan is Animal’s partner, but he’s a singles star in his own right now. Changes will have to be made going into the new year. But for now, it’s just a case of pushing the respective big players.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Ernest Youngman is out The Hangman. Tonight they bring Gang Wars to New York months in advance and the results will remain the same. The Saint of the Second City with his hand held high. He hopes Ross Henry has picked decent tag team partners. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> Tennessee William defeated Steve Flash in 8:18 by pinfall with a Devil's Crossroad. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

Yes Tennessee. Massive win and a statement of intent from the tag team specialist. The future is now and the future is… an Elvis knock-off.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>GANG WARS MATCH:</strong> Logan Wolfsbaine, Ross Henry and Bulldozer Brandon Smith drew with Ernest Youngman and Alpha and Omega in 28:12 following a double count out. <strong>©</strong></p><p>

Bulldozer debuted a new power spot, again. He’s developing into a Hell of a performer. The match was all the chaos you’d come to expect from Gang Wars. And all men looked pretty good while it was going on.</p><p> </p><p>

Apparently getting a result over a D is now impossible. Masked Mauler made an official booking complaint. Again. And we finished second in all regional battles. Annoyingly we’d made a $16k loss, which meant we’d need to reduce the shows again and ditch the Traditional Tour and rely on over-spill for the time being.</p><p> </p><p>

Next time on Welcome to New York… We’re a month out from Empire City Showdown and our top challenger is one half of the territorial tag team champions… That needed remedying…</p>

<p>Welcome to New York... Where we’ve beefed up the roster…</p><p> </p><p>

So before the 16th iteration of Welcome to New York, we’ve signed some new workers and paired a couple of big boys up. The Masked Mauler passed on psychology tips to The Hangman, which he desperately needed. We also found out that one of our main event talents had been raided. Damn.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Welcome to New York 16: The Prophecy Go for Gold</strong></p><p>

Saturday, Week 2, November, 2017</p><p>

<strong>TRIPLE THREAT TAG TEAM MATCH:</strong> The Brothers of Annihilation (Hellion and The Hangman) defeated Alpha and Omega and Garry Walker and The Masked Mauler in 7:45; the order of elimination was Garry Walker and The Masked Mauler first, and then Alpha and Omega. <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p>

And with that, the great Alpha and Omega experiment ends. Harvey Robbinfield only went and signed a written contract with TCW. Poor Fro Sure.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Ernest Youngman comes out to celebrate with The Hangman and says his boy has already won and later he’s going to beat Kip Keenan straight out of New York City. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> Scythe defeated Harvey Robbinfield in 6:10 by pinfall with an Underworld Spike. <strong>(E+)</strong></p><p>

And just to reinforce the point, he jobs twice in a night. So long Harvey, you were overall, a disappointment.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>TAG TEAM MATCH:</strong> The Heartbreak Express defeated Legacy in 7:53 when Ralph Liotta defeated Bret Heartbreak by pinfall with a Swinging Neckbreaker. <strong>(E+)</strong></p><p>

A nice, clean win for the youngster team here to give them some momentum heading into the big show. I had plans. All the plans.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW TRI-STATE TITLE MATCH:</strong> Logan Wolfsbaine © defeated Brutus Milano in 12:38 by submission with a Boston Crab. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

Look at Logan go, getting a good match out of Brutus Milano. Is there anything he can’t do?</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> Animal Harker defeated Quentin Parent in 6:19 by pinfall with a Stump Piledriver. <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p>

And the other half of the MIGHTY… INVADERS also gets a win and actually puts on a decent show with Parent, who is… not all that talented.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH:</strong> New Southern Stars © defeated The Grand Slam in 10:28 when Joffy Pinkerton defeated Steve Flash by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. <strong>(D+)</strong></p><p>

In a match where Tennessee William develops a new selling spot, the New Southern Stars get a big win over the former champs. By cheating of course.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Ernest Youngman cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Ross Henry. <strong>©</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> Ernest Youngman defeated Kip Keenan in 10:20 by pinfall with The Hit. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

Another solid match with Ernest getting a dominant win over perennial midcarder Kip Keenan. His momentum at this stage is completely throw the roof. What a hero.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW EMPIRE TITLE TRIPLE THREAT MATCH:</strong> Ross Henry © defeated Aldous Blackfriar and William Jetterson in 13:15 when Ross Henry defeated William Jetterson by pinfall with an Earthquake Powerslam. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

With little else for The Prophecy to do, I throw them into the main event and they deliver nicely. Ross continues his unbelievable streak of victories and the showdown between him and Ernest could be the best match in our history.</p><p> </p><p>

Disappointing result and then Harvey Robbinfield leaves to TCW. Elsewhere Joffy Laine (Pinkerton in NYC) misses a FCW show for no adequately explored reason. I wonder if he’s been irritating the head booker there too?</p><p> </p><p>

As for us, onwards…</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Old School Wrestling</strong></p><p>

Saturday, Week 3, November, 2017</p><p>

<strong>TAG TEAM MATCH:</strong> The Prophecy drew with The Mighty INVADERS in 13:20 following a double disqualification. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

Two of our better tag teams brawl like maniacs and the results are one of our best opening matches ever. Beautiful stuff.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> Bradley Blaze defeated Ralph Liotta in 7:36 by pinfall with a handful of tights. <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p>

The young up-and-comer loses, via cheating, to one of our new stars. Match is actually a touch on the disappointing side to be honest.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>COTT WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH:</strong> The Heartbreak Express defeated Ernest Youngman and The Hangman © in 12:33 when Ralph Liotta defeated Ernest Youngman by pinfall with a Swinging Neckbreaker following interference from Ross Henry. The Heartbreak Express win the COTT World Tag Team titles. <strong>(D)</strong></p><p>

That’s right, we found a good story to get the titles off Ernest and Hangman, while boosting one of our young, hot tag teams and progressing our biggest storyline of the year. That’s story-telling.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> Scythe defeated Fro Sure in 7:35 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. <strong>(D)</strong></p><p>

Poor, poor Fro Sure. He’s on a losing streak outside of tag team matches and he’s lost his tag team partner. The future does not look bright for The Alpha Man. Scythe however is making quite the splash and, to date hasn’t been pinned. I like him.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Logan Wolfsbaine cuts a promo saying that he and Animal Harker should have a match sometime to test their metal against one another. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH:</strong> New Southern Stars © defeated The Masked Mauler and Kip Keenan in 8:06 when Tennessee William defeated The Masked Mauler by pinfall with a Devil's Crossroad. <strong>(D)</strong></p><p>

Disappointing match, but another win for our champs. I’m not sold on the New Southern Stars and I sort of want to push Tennessee on his own. Plus Joffy is rubbing me up the wrong way.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW TRIPLE THREAT EMPIRE TITLE MATCH:</strong> Ross Henry © defeated Steve Flash and Bulldozer Brandon Smith in 22:54 when Ross Henry defeated Steve Flash by pinfall with an Earthquake Powerslam following interference from Ernest Youngman. <strong>(C-)</strong></p><p>

This week it’s all about The Grand Slam getting their shot against the champ. It’s quite a neat way to get good matches at the top of the card actually. Plus Ernest interfered to help Henry retain because he specifically wants to beat him for the title himself.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> After the match, Ernest beats The Grand Slam down and that leaves The Hangman to destroy Henry completely. <strong>(B-)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Another disappointing result overall, but at least we know we’re making money, so we can continue churning out shows to make our bank balance look healthier.</p><p> </p><p>

Next time on Welcome to New York… The worst news possible strikes and on the eve of the biggest show too…</p>

<p>Welcome to New York… Where the best laid plans always fall apart…</p><p> </p><p>

It’s our last show before Empire City Showdown II and we received the worst possible news at this exact time. All will become apparent shortly…</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Stomping in the City</strong></p><p>

Friday, Week 4, November, 2017</p><p>

<strong>COTT WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH:</strong> The Heartbreak Express © defeated Legacy in 7:57 when Ralph Liotta defeated Robin DaLay by pinfall with a Swinging Neckbreaker. <strong>(D-)</strong></p><p>

A nice little victory for our young team. They now head into a unification four way tag team match with all the tag team gold on the line.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH:</strong> The Hangman defeated Kip Keenan in 4:50 by pinfall with a Choke Slam. <strong>(E+)</strong></p><p>

Absolute domination from the monster of men. Kip looked like the jobbiest jobber who ever jobbed.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW TAG TEAM TITLE TRIPLE THREAT MATCH:</strong> New Southern Stars © drew with The Grand Slam and The Prophecy in 13:22. <strong>(D)</strong></p><p>

Actually a disappointing match considering the participants, but it makes the field for the upcoming tag team extravaganza look all the better.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SINGLES MATCH</strong>: Scythe defeated Fro Sure in 8:06 by pinfall with a Choke Slam. <strong>(D)</strong></p><p>

Another big win for our other resident monster. I’m starting to think it would’ve been better to make him a heel. Fro Sure’s luck continues to suffer.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH:</strong> Ross Henry © defeated Bradley Blaze in 7:51 by pinfall with an Earthquake Powerslam. <strong>©</strong></p><p>

Solid performance from our new star as Ross Henry continues to get the best out the litany of poor, top-flight heels.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Logan Wolfsbaine comes out with a microphone. “You know what? I’ve been thinking a lot about The King of New York tournament. And I’m not happy. I think Mr. Youngman got too easier of a ride to the finals. I should’ve won. In fact I’m so confident, I’ll put up my title against him for a shot at the main event of Empire City Showdown. Come on Ernest, why don’t you try and make me famous.” <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>NYCW TRI-STATE TITLE MATCH:</strong> In one of the best matches in NYCW history, the Rookie Sensation, The MIGHTY… INVADER and the hero of the people, Logan Wolfsbaine © defeated Ernest Youngman in 35:29 by submission with a Boston Crab. With that Wolfsbaine takes Youngman’s spot in the main event of Empire City Showdown II. <strong>(B-)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ANGLE:</strong> Ernest Youngman is in the ring. Out of nowhere, The Hangman hits the ring and attacks. The assault is quick and brutal, and leaves Youngman completely destroyed. <strong>(C+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>OVERALL: C-</strong></p><p> </p><p>

That’s right folks, both Kip Keenan and Ernest Youngman have signed written contracts with TCW. What collosally awful timing that is. Our favourite worker since we started booking has left us for new pastures having been one of our most consistant and entertaining performers.</p><p> </p><p>

We finished 1st in all battles and we managed to turn a profit of $1,654. So with our main event switched for the big show, here’s how the final card looks:</p><p> </p><p>

Fourway Tag Team Match: New Southern Stars vs. The Brothers of Annihilation vs. The Heartbreak Express vs. The Prophecy</p><p>

Brutus Milano vs. The Masked Mauler</p><p>

Garry Walker and Animal Harker vs. Legacy</p><p>

Fro Sure vs. Scythe</p><p>

Quentin Parent vs. Bradley Blaze</p><p>

No. 1 Contenders Match: Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs. Steve Flash</p><p>

NYCW Empire & COTT World & NYCW Tri-State Title Match: Logan Wolfsbaine vs. Ross Henry</p><p> </p><p>

Next time on Welcome to New York… Empire City Showdown II…</p>

Archived