Just downloaded and struggling to start

Hey all,

I've played the games waaaay back in the past and enjoyed them, often adding in mods to play from. I've not really gamed on PC for years and thought I'd buy tew2016 and see how it goes. Not realizing they don't have real names and stuff in anymore. I did some searching and thought I'd figured out how to put real world mods in, but cannot get going. I'm having two issues, one is the game keeps telling me I need an update even though I bought it a week or two back. No clue how to do this?

2nd issue is when I go to start a new game it tells me I'm missing a lot of info before I can start? I've looked around a little here and watched some youtube help vids, but I am very un tech and have had no luck. If I put in the pics of the errors can anyone help? Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to ask and if my first post is just asking for help. Thanks a lot all. Lee.

1049214715_TEWerror1.jpg.7f3b0a0b590705bad902feb61c541f26.jpg

I'm having two issues, one is the game keeps telling me I need an update even though I bought it a week or two back. No clue how to do this?

The latest patch is pinned to the top of the Technical Support forum, which is further down the board. Installation instructions are included in that thread.

For your other issue, if you enter the editor there is a button that walks you through how to install a mod, I would advise that you use that. I'd also highly recommend that you read the FAQ pinned to the top of the Technical Support formum and make sure that you are in Admin Mode, as if you're not a technical person then you probably aren't and this would be a significant problem.

Thanks a lot for the reply. I've now successfully downloaded the patch and made sure my game runs in admin mode.

As for the mod installing. I've followed all the steps, but still have the message telling me there are no users, companies etc active. Is it the particular mod I've downloaded or does this always happen? Is there an easd golden era mod anyone can recommend?

Archived