So Openweight Tournaments

I got a question I'm heading up on my 100th Event and am planning on holding an Openweight Grand Prix culminating at the event, when I mean Openweight I mean extreme openweight tournament like having the possibility of a Flyweight take on a Heavyweight.

So I did a little randomized situation where I take 4 fighters of each male weight class which I have 8 of ranging from Heavyweight (206 pounds- 600 pounds) to Flyweight (default weight settings) meaning the tournament will have 32 participants. The very first matchup is Heavyweight August Pennell vs. Welterweight Gideon Navarro, when try to book this match via catchweight (which I am guessing is how openweight tournaments are booked) the usual message of the two competitors not being able to agree on a suitable weight pops up which I presumed would not due to having an Openweight tournament set up.

So could someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong or its just not possible or if there's a way to work around this or if I can turn this feature off.

Cheers.

Means that you can't force a fighter to fight 100 pounds out of his weight class. Unlike the original UFC, there are now weight classes. As long as you have weight classes, you can't have true open weight fights. A MW can fight a HW but only if the MW and HW could agree to fight around 220 or so.

Means that you can't force a fighter to fight 100 pounds out of his weight class. Unlike the original UFC, there are now weight classes. As long as you have weight classes, you can't have true open weight fights. A MW can fight a HW but only if the MW and HW could agree to fight around 220 or so.

Dammit and I was hoping to see Willy Bassett take on Jouko Kiri. Well thanks anyway dude cheers!

You should be able to if you create an Openweight divison between 100-600 pounds. Also remember to hold the event in an Unregulated area as the commission will shut down a fight with a huge weight difference.

With catchweight the two fighters just can't agree at what weight to meet at. All catchweight means is Yes I will fight you and we will meet at 180 pounds so if one of the fighters can't make 180 then the fight won't happen.

Obviously using 180 pounds as an example.

Even then it is possible for fighters to turn down the fights. If you wanted to try and force them go into the editor and make sure every fighter has the Never Back Down attribute.

The major problem your going to have is being at show 100. Only way to create an Openweight division is if you have no other divisions between those weights so I don't know how that will effect your game or titles.

Just make a one-day 8-fighter tournament. That will allow you to create separate rules for that one, including being fully openweight, different round durations, etc.

Just don't forget to conduct it in an unregulated area.

I had a heavyweight and a bantamweight in one such tournament (they didn't end up fighting each other though).

You should be able to if you create an Openweight divison between 100-600 pounds. Also remember to hold the event in an Unregulated area as the commission will shut down a fight with a huge weight difference.

With catchweight the two fighters just can't agree at what weight to meet at. All catchweight means is Yes I will fight you and we will meet at 180 pounds so if one of the fighters can't make 180 then the fight won't happen.

Obviously using 180 pounds as an example.

Even then it is possible for fighters to turn down the fights. If you wanted to try and force them go into the editor and make sure every fighter has the Never Back Down attribute.

The major problem your going to have is being at show 100. Only way to create an Openweight division is if you have no other divisions between those weights so I don't know how that will effect your game or titles.

I thought of doing an Openweight division thing but it would just mess up my rankings and in all would just end up being too much for too little. Thanks anyway though.

Just make a one-day 8-fighter tournament. That will allow you to create separate rules for that one, including being fully openweight, different round durations, etc.

Just don't forget to conduct it in an unregulated area.

I had a heavyweight and a bantamweight in one such tournament (they didn't end up fighting each other though).

I probably will end up doing that then I got good popularity in Africa so here starts the RSC King of Africa Tournament (W.I.P Name) thanks!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="raufbold" data-cite="raufbold" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45454" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think fantasy booking removes any of the fighters`personal issues, like fighting a teammate or someone not popular enough. But it doesn`t deal with weight difference stuff. I might be wrong though.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I had Flyweight women fight Featherweights this way that otherwise they refused, but maybe there’s a cap on the weight difference still, just a larger one</p>

Archived