Thinking of starting with ECW. Need some help..

This is the first time i will be playing this game. My only experience with such kind of game is GM mode in Smackdown vs Raw 2007 but that had no depth whatsoever so i am more or less a noob in such games.

Having read in depth that i shouldn't start with a big company, i have decided to start with ECW. I need some help regarding which mod should i use to play as ECW and what are the tips that a total beginner? How much should i be involved as a booker and how should i go about booking angles and stuff.

Thanks a lot for the help.

<p>Holla you wont regret jumping into this......</p><p> </p><p>

First thing id do is load the default universe and tinker with that.... play as a low level company similar to ECW and also play as a high up company similar to WWE this way you can get to grips with some of the basics before jumping straight into a Mod. especially as the Deadfault universe is quite well balanced. </p><p> </p><p>

As a newbie you might not last too long as ECW, but most of all just enjoy.</p>

<p>Everything probably comes down to personal preference.</p><p> </p><p>

I personally book every match because to me that's the point of the game, but that definitely slows things down and stops me from ever getting too deep into the game. A lot of people on the forum seem to like using the auto-booker in order to speed things up.</p><p> </p><p>

I don't know anything about the historical mods, so I can't help there.</p><p> </p><p>

I do think ECW sounds pretty tough for a beginner (or anyone really). The game mechanics for a heavily Hardcore/Cult product can be pretty frustrating.</p>

Thanks for the reply guys. I actually played as AWA in the default universe for 6-7 hours yesterday and it gave me a decent idea. Want to start with a real company now which isn't too big. If not ECW, can you suggest some other real world company which would right up my ally?

<p>It also depends what time period you want to be in with ECW?</p><p>

I have an ECW save with Hive's 1994 mod, the very start of ECW as an extreme promotion... It is definantly recommended, but as mentioned before, can be very frustrating as you will lose money the first many months, and bigger promotions like WWF and WCW will most certainly snatch your talent away as they grow popular.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45516" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It also depends what time period you want to be in with ECW?<p> I have an ECW save with Hive's 1994 mod, the very start of ECW as an extreme promotion... It is definantly recommended, but as mentioned before, can be very frustrating as you will lose money the first many months, and bigger promotions like WWF and WCW will most certainly snatch your talent away as they grow popular.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, this happened with me while playing for MWA as well. Someone just poached Greg.</p>

<p>I've never played as ECW but I will give you basic advice to have success for playing this game. </p><p> </p><p>

Practice with MAW in the default universe. I never play as small promotions but whenever a new version of TEW is released, I play as them to get a sense of what is what in the new game. </p><p> </p><p>

For playing as ECW or any real promotion you need to ask yourself this: Are you trying to recreate what happened in real life? Or, are you attempting to create something new.</p><p> </p><p>

If you are trying to recreate ECW, you might get frustrated because people may get stolen, injured, die, etc. It is hard to accept that.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zero" data-cite="Zero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45516" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've never played as ECW but I will give you basic advice to have success for playing this game. <p> </p><p> Practice with MAW in the default universe. I never play as small promotions but whenever a new version of TEW is released, I play as them to get a sense of what is what in the new game. </p><p> </p><p> For playing as ECW or any real promotion you need to ask yourself this: Are you trying to recreate what happened in real life? Or, are you attempting to create something new.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>If you are trying to recreate ECW, you might get frustrated because people may get stolen, injured, die, etc. It is hard to accept that.</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Exactly, as well as being unable to sign others. In one of my very first saves with ECW, Raven would always be re-signed by WWF or snatched by WCW, and I had no chance what so ever.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zero" data-cite="Zero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45516" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> If you are trying to recreate ECW, you might get frustrated because people may get stolen, injured, die, etc. It is hard to accept that.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Best hint anyone could give you really. Before you do this, you need to know what your purpose is and plan accordingly. If you want to relive ECW exactly as it was, the game is unlikely to co-operate with you as it doesn't know history well enough to respect it. If you're going to have a good game as ECW, you need to take the mindset that history changes the moment you take the book. That way, game events that veer off of history are merely butterfly effects.</p><p> </p><p> I would also give serious consideration of how much ambition you have for ECW. Are you like many players trying to race tot he top of the industry and unseat WWE as king? Or are you going to be more like me when I play? Are you looking just to groom your roster and deem each poaching as a success? Given ECW's place in wrestling history, I would suggest the latter. Companies like NYCW in the C-Verse or OVW in reality don't stay open year after year by failing to know their place in the industry. They do it by making dough and making sure undercard talent grows to the point the company can take the hits when their best guys get poached.</p>

Archived