Real World Chronicles Continued [Modern Day Real World Mod]

<p>Brawling:</p><p>

Mostly old-school NWA/WWE Main Event style. This covers things like punches, any move with a "bomb" or "slam" in the name and standard suplexes.</p><p>

Archetypes - "Stone Cold" era Steve Austin, The Undertaker, Stan Hansen</p><p>

1) WALTER</p><p>

2) Samoa Joe</p><p>

3) Rooooosh</p><p>

4) LA Park</p><p>

5) Pentagon Jr.</p><p>

Honorable mentions to Joe Doering, Ilja Dragunov, Sami Callihan, and Keith Lee.</p><p> </p><p>

Puroresu:</p><p>

Kicks, knees, elbows. Head drops or moves with "driver" in the name. Anything that would fit in to peak AJPW/NOAH would fit here.</p><p>

Archetypes - Kenta Kobashi, Toshiaki Kawada, Katsuyori Shibata</p><p>

1) Tomohiro Ishii</p><p>

2) Katsuyori Shibata</p><p>

3) Daisuke Sekimoto</p><p>

4) Kota Ibushi</p><p>

5) Kenny Omega*</p><p>

Honorable mentions to Shuji Ishikawa, Yuji Okabayashi, and Kento Miyahara.</p><p> </p><p>

Hardcore:</p><p>

The fine art of weapons based matches. Onita-era FMW/ECW style.</p><p>

Archetypes - Mick Foley, Atsushi Onita, return from 33rd retirement era Terry Funk </p><p>

1) Jimmy Havoc</p><p>

2) Masaya Takahashi</p><p>

3) Violento Jack</p><p>

4) Masashi Takeda</p><p>

5) Darby Allin</p><p>

This is a blind spot as I generally don't watch a tonne of it anymore. I love the Strong BJ guys though.</p><p> </p><p>

Chain Wrestling:</p><p>

This is all about chaining moves together in sequence so there is no down time.</p><p>

Archetypes - Steamboat/Macho Man WM3, Meiko Satumura, peak William Regal</p><p>

1) Bryan Danielson</p><p>

2) Meiko Satomura</p><p>

3) KUSHIDA</p><p>

4) Zack Sabre Jr.</p><p>

5) Rey Hechicero</p><p>

Honorable mentions to the Young Bucks, Virus, Pete Dunne, Naito, Io, and Kyle O'Reilly.</p><p> </p><p>

Mat Wrestling:</p><p>

Quite simply, this is about the ability to wrestle on the ground in a way that the crowd likes.</p><p>

Archetypes - peak Kurt Angle, Zack Sabre Jr, Hideki Suzuki</p><p>

1) Zack Sabre Jr.</p><p>

2) Timothy Thatcher</p><p>

3) Matt Riddle</p><p>

4) Hideki Suzuki</p><p>

5) Minoru Suzuki</p><p>

Honorable mentions to Rey Hechicero, Virus, and Negro Navarro.</p><p> </p><p>

Submissions:</p><p>

The most important point here is that they work towards a submission finish (i.e. "Working a body part"). A worker having a submission finish (i.e. Cena's STF) shouldn't necessitate a high rating, but rather someone who sets up a submission throughout the match.</p><p>

Archetypes - Bret Hart, peak Kurt Angle, ROH-era Daniel Bryan</p><p>

1) Minoru Suzuki</p><p>

2) Zack Sabre Jr. </p><p>

3) Rey Hechicero</p><p>

4) Virus</p><p>

5) Negro Navarro</p><p> </p><p>

Aerial:</p><p>

This is all about high flying abilities… not just all the moves you can do (which could be covered by athleticism/flashiness) but how much the crowd can enjoy your matches as a result of what you can do</p><p>

Archetypes - Manami Toyota, Kota Ibushi, peak Rey Mysterio</p><p>

1) Will Ospreay</p><p>

2) Fenix</p><p>

3) Dragon Lee</p><p>

4) Ricochet</p><p>

5) Bandido</p><p> </p><p>

Flashiness:</p><p>

"Holy $%!^" moments in wrestling. Ricochet/Ospreay matches</p><p>

Archetypes - Kota Ibushi, Ricochet, Will Ospreay</p><p>

1) Will Ospreay</p><p>

2) Ricochet</p><p>

3) Kota Ibushi</p><p>

4) Neville</p><p>

5) Aerostar</p><p> </p><p>

Selling:</p><p>

Making the impact of moves look good. It’s also about bringing in the effects of being hit by moves into the long term plan of a match.</p><p>

Archetypes - Curt Hennig, Ricky Steamboat, RVD</p><p>

1) Kairi Hojo</p><p>

2) Juice Robinson</p><p>

3) Darby Allin</p><p>

4) Kento Miyahara</p><p>

5) Kenny Omega</p><p> </p><p>

*Kenny Omega is a tough one because I don't know how well his offense fits into the TEW top row slots above. Like the V-Trigger is a puroresu move through and through, but he's not a big striker otherwise. He does have some "driver" moves though. He has aerial elements to his game but I wouldn't consider this to be his best strength anymore. He's not a traditional brawler and indeed some of his strikes look loopy and soft, so that's not the right answer. He chains a lot of stuff together, but I don't know if I would consider him a traditional chain wrestler like Regal/Meiko/Fujinami/etc. In my opinion, he's second only behind Okada as the current best wrestler on the planet but how does that translate to TEW top row skills? Okada is another one where he doesn't really fit the traditional mold one way or another. I know he's a bit better at the psychology-side of wrestling than Omega but would his best top row skill be chain or puroresu? Ibushi has moved further and further towards puroresu being his highest top row skill over aerial the past 5 or so years too. I would suggest for the current top NJPW guys, most of them are best versed in puroresu, Tanahashi aside, who is probably best at the technical top row skills. Maybe Naito is more technical-based as well?</p>

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Oyaji" data-cite="Oyaji" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45652" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Brawling:<p> *Kenny Omega is a tough one because I don't know how well his offense fits into the TEW top row slots above. Like the V-Trigger is a puroresu move through and through, but he's not a big striker otherwise. He does have some "driver" moves though. He has aerial elements to his game but I wouldn't consider this to be his best strength anymore. He's not a traditional brawler and indeed some of his strikes look loopy and soft, so that's not the right answer. He chains a lot of stuff together, but I don't know if I would consider him a traditional chain wrestler like Regal/Meiko/Fujinami/etc. In my opinion, he's second only behind Okada as the current best wrestler on the planet but how does that translate to TEW top row skills? Okada is another one where he doesn't really fit the traditional mold one way or another. I know he's a bit better at the psychology-side of wrestling than Omega but would his best top row skill be chain or puroresu? Ibushi has moved further and further towards puroresu being his highest top row skill over aerial the past 5 or so years too. I would suggest for the current top NJPW guys, most of them are best versed in puroresu, Tanahashi aside, who is probably best at the technical top row skills. Maybe Naito is more technical-based as well?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> RE: Kenny</p><p> He feels kind of like a 2013-ish CM Punk to me. I'm not comparing the work style per se, but the "well-roundedness" of his ability where the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. What I mean by that is he is in the land of "very good" in a few different top row skills (Puro, Chain, Aerial) + very good performance stats (sometimes over the top selling non-withstanding) + charisma for days (with some Star quality thrown in for good measure). He has this interesting mix of many different parts that is unique and then add in the bi-lingual piece and it makes sense. So he's probably not a "#1" guy at any 1 particular rating, but is very, very good at a number of different categories that would allow him to excel in almost any environment. Guys like Ishii or Ricochet may have better puro/aerial skills than him, but Kenny puts it all together in an unique way that makes him more appealing to a wider demographic.</p><p> </p><p> The same applies to Okada really in that he's not going to be the "best" at any one particular category (save for star quality maybe) but he is extremely well-rounded in his approach to wrestling.</p>

<p>I played TEW a litte bit with WWE and I will love to see this things fixed,so here it is:</p><p>

-Tyson Kidd's Role as Wrestler should be deleted and his Status to be set as Retired Wrestler.</p><p>

-Maryse to be on SD Brand.</p><p>

-Also can you please fix decling phisycal abilities for.I understand that guys like Undertaker and Kane have it but guys like AJ Styles,Bobby Roode or Lashley I don't think so.Decline age should be set for guys who are Active Wrestlers and from 36-37 to 42 should have that set.If you understand me.</p><p>

-MMA Fighter Genre to be removed from Bobby Lashley.</p><p>

-Maria Kanellis abscence due to pregnancy should be removed and she is now Injured and have Broken Wrist.</p><p>

-Rowan and Sin Cara are currently out with Injury.</p><p>

-Also Kane,"Woken" Matt Hardy and Kurt Angle should be out due to Legal Reasons.</p><p>

-Brock Lesnar should be out due to MMA Training.</p><p>

-Adam Pearce,Jeremy Borash and John Gaburick(JB and Gaburick should have thier stats fixed to be Road Agents) are working in WWE as Producers(Road Agents).</p><p>

-Serena Deeb to be set as Retired Wrestler to be added to NXT as Road Agent.</p><p>

-Gabe Sapolsky is Consultant in WWE so he should not be under Contract.</p><p>

-Also I think Scott Stanford could be deleted from database.Who needs him???</p><p>

-Jonathan Coachman should be Face in WWE.</p><p>

-Also guys like Kurt Angle,Shane McMahon,Zelina Vega,Maryse should not be limited to their Manager,Autority Figure Roles in their Contract because they wrestle also.And Role should be Any.Add Occasional Wrestler Role to Shane McMahon as Sometimes.</p><p>

-Also add Brie Bella to WWE and add her as Semi-Active Wrestler.</p><p>

-EC3 is now Face in NXT.</p><p>

-Io Shirai,Matt Riddle to be added to NXT.</p><p>

-Adrian Jaoude,Aliyah,Amanpreet Singh(Mahabali Shera),Cezar Bononi are Heel.</p><p>

-Also Years Service for alot WWE and NXT guys are not correct.</p><p>

-Kennady Brink,Bandido Jr. should be Retired Wrestler.</p><p>

-The Velveteen Dream to be renamed to Velveteen Dream and to be added as Alter Ego.</p><p>

-Also WWE Contracted Guys should have Non Compete Clause.</p><p>

-Neville is no longer under WWE Contract.</p><p>

-William Regal to be set as Retired Wrestler.</p><p>

To think about:</p><p>

-Add Kacy Catanzaro,Zatara,Jessie Eleban,Karen Q,Aerial Monroe to database.</p><p>

-Also alot WWE and NXT Wrestlers do not have right either Born or Debut dates so here is list:</p><p>

-Akam(Born--Month:May--Year:1993)</p><p>

-Baron Corbin(Debut--Month:October)</p><p>

-The Big Show(Debut--Month: December--Year:1994)</p><p>

-Bo Dallas(Born--Year:1990)</p><p>

-Bobby Roode(Debut--Month:June)</p><p>

-Dash Wilder(Debut--Year:2005)</p><p>

-Elias(Born--Month:February--Year:1988)</p><p>

-Finn Balor(Debut--Month:February--Year:2001)</p><p>

-Jason Jordan(Born--Month:September---Debut--Month:September)</p><p>

-Jinder Mahal(Born--Year:1986---Debut--Month:March)</p><p>

-Mojo Rawley(Debut--Month:May--Year:2013)</p><p>

-Rhyno(Debut--Month:September)</p><p>

-Roman Reigns(Debut--Month:August)</p><p>

-Titus O'Neil(Born--Year:1977)</p><p>

-Buddy Murphy(Born--Month:September)</p><p>

-Gran Metalik(Born--Month:November---Debut--Year:2005)</p><p>

-Lio Rush(Born--Month:November--Year:1994---Debut--Month:November)</p><p>

-Mustafa Ali(Born--Month:March---Debut--Month:March)</p><p>

-TJP(Debut--Month:August--Year:1998)</p><p>

-Tony Nese(Born--Month:August---Debut--Month:September)</p><p>

-Alexa Bliss(Debut--Month:September)</p><p>

-Bayley(Born--Month:June)</p><p>

-Ember Moon(Born--Month:August)</p><p>

-Nia Jax(Born--Month:May--Year:1984)</p><p>

-Ronda Rousey(Debut--Month:January--Year:2018)</p><p>

-Ruby Riott(Born--Month:January--Year:1991)</p><p>

-Kurt Angle(Debut--Month:August)</p><p>

-Samir Singh(Debut--Year:2005)</p><p>

-Sunil Singh(Born--Month:November--Year:1984---Debut--Year:2005)</p><p>

-Stephanie McMahon(Debut--Month:June--Year:1998)</p><p>

-Daniel Bryan(Debut--Month: December)</p><p>

-Luke Harper(Debut--Year:2002)</p><p>

-Jeff Hardy(Debut--Month:May--Year:1994)</p><p>

-The Usos(Debut--Month:June)</p><p>

-Luke Gallows(Debut--Year:2003)</p><p>

-Randy Orton(Debut--Month:March)</p><p>

-Rowan(Born--Month:November)</p><p>

-Rusev(Born--Year:1984)</p><p>

-Samoa Joe(Debut--Month: December)</p><p>

-Sin Cara(Born--Month:September)</p><p>

-Xavier Woods(Debut--Month:June)</p><p>

-Asuka(Debut--Month:June--Year:2004)</p><p>

-Billie Kay(Debut--Month:June)</p><p>

-Carmella(Debut--Month:June--Year:2013)</p><p>

-Charlotte Flair(Debut--Month:October)</p><p>

-Lana(Born--Month:March---Debut--Month:October)</p><p>

-Mandy Rose(Debut--Month:August--Year:2015)</p><p>

-Naomi(Debut--Month:September)</p><p>

-Nikki Bella(Debut--Month:September)</p><p>

-Brie Bella(Debut--Month:September)</p><p>

-Peyton Royce(Born--Month:November--Year:1992)</p><p>

-Sonya Deville(Debut--Month: December--Year:2015)</p><p>

-Maryse(Debut--Month:August)</p><p>

-Paige(Debut--Year:2005)</p><p>

-John Cena(Debut--Month:November--Year:1999)</p><p>

-John Laurinaitis(Born--Year:1962---Debut--Year:1986)</p><p>

-Sara Del Rey(Debut--Year:2001)</p><p>

-Jeremy Borash(Debut--Month:March--Year:1999)</p><p>

-Angelo Dawkins(Born--Year:1990---Debut--Year:2012)</p><p>

-Adam Cole(Born--Month:July)</p><p>

-Danny Burch(Debut--Month:March--Year:2003)</p><p>

-EC3(Debut--Year:2002)</p><p>

-Fabian Aichner(Born--Month:July)</p><p>

-Keith Lee(Born--Month:November)</p><p>

-Shane Thorne(Born--Month:September)</p><p>

-Raul Mendoza(Born--September--Year:1991---Debut--September--Year:2006)</p><p>

-Ricochet(Born--Month:October)</p><p>

-Rowe(Debut--Month:May)</p><p>

-Tucker Knight(Born--Month:July--Year:1990---Debut--Month:January)</p><p>

-Velveteen Dream(Born--Month:August---Debut--Month:October)</p><p>

-Wesley Blake(Born--Month:September---Debut--Month:October)</p><p>

-Bianca BelAir(Born--Year:1989)</p><p>

-Lacey Evans(Debut--Year:2014)</p><p>

-Nikki Cross(Born--Month:April--Year:1989)</p><p>

-Taynara Conti(Born--Month:June)</p><p>

-Vanessa Borne(Born--Month:March--Year:1988)</p><p>

-Kavita Devi(Born--Month:September--Year:1986--Debut--Month:February--Year:2016)</p><p>

-Io Shirai(Debut--Month:March)</p><p>

-Deonna Purazzo(Debut--Month: December--Year:2013)</p><p>

-Nixon Newell(Debut--Month:July)</p><p>

-The Rock(Debut--Month:March)</p>

Jennifer Blake was married a few days ago so her relationship status will need to be updated.

Triplemania XXVI Results below in white;

Sammy Guevera won the AAA Cruiserweight Title in a 4 corners match (the other guys were Shane Strickland, ACH & Australian Suicide)

Lady Shani defeated Fabi Apache in a Mask v. Hair match so the Mask/Hair history will need updating for that.

Fenix won the AAA Mega Championship from Jeff Jarrett

El Hijo del Fantasma lost his mask. It was a four man cage match so I would put the winner of the mask as LA Park was the official winner (Pentagon Jr & Psycho Clown escaped the cage leaving the the one on one Mask v. Mask match).

I'd probably give Vampiro a bump in drug use. He looked like he was off his head on something when the camera was on him at the commentary booth. He was swearing, dropped an F-word into commentary which I believe was aimed at El Tirantes, had a tantrum when they didn't play his music and was just generally being a prick. At the very least, the guy might need to be set as a Jerk.

Also can you please fix decling phisycal abilities for.I understand that guys like Undertaker and Kane have it but guys like AJ Styles,Bobby Roode or Lashley I don't think so.Decline age should be set for guys who are Active Wrestlers and from 36-37 to 42 should have that set.If you understand me.

All the people mentioned should have wear and tear on their bodies. It doesn't need "fixed". In no way is AJ Styles as quick as he was in his earlier days with TNA. He still does the high risk stuff, but nowhere near as much as he used to due to his body sustaining injuries over the years. Same with any wrestlers who have been wrestling for multiple years. Their bodies go through a lot and this is part of wrestling. That is just my opinion based on how the game works.

All the people mentioned should have wear and tear on their bodies. It doesn't need "fixed". In no way is AJ Styles as quick as he was in his earlier days with TNA. He still does the high risk stuff, but nowhere near as much as he used to due to his body sustaining injuries over the years. Same with any wrestlers who have been wrestling for multiple years. Their bodies go through a lot and this is part of wrestling. That is just my opinion based on how the game works.

With someone like AJ is that a physical decline or a conscious choice to work safer. AJ stated outright that his move tot he WWE was about working closer to home and a style that was more suited to him now. I think people like AJ and Jericho should obviously have some physical reductions and damage but I don't think should be set as declining in ring given that they can still go when they choose too. Jericho is set as declining in the mod and that frankly seems wrong given recent history. Both Jericho and AJ are fit and still athletic but like any 40 something not the athletes they were in their 20's. I think in those sort of cases it should just be set as random and when the game decides they are slipping it will take effect. The guys with chronic injuries however should probably be set as declining.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="alpha2117" data-cite="alpha2117" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45652" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>With someone like AJ is that a physical decline or a conscious choice to work safer. AJ stated outright that his move tot he WWE was about working closer to home and a style that was more suited to him now. I think people like AJ and Jericho should obviously have some physical reductions and damage but I don't think should be set as declining in ring given that they can still go when they choose too. Jericho is set as declining in the mod and that frankly seems wrong given recent history. Both Jericho and AJ are fit and still athletic but like any 40 something not the athletes they were in their 20's. I think in those sort of cases it should just be set as random and when the game decides they are slipping it will take effect. The guys with chronic injuries however should probably be set as declining.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I was talking about physical wear an tear on a persons body. I didn't mention their ability should be set to decline. LazarN was suggesting "fix declining physical abilities", which I took to mean their bodies health. That does not need fixing in my opinion as it represents the obvious wear and tear on a competitors body who has been wrestling 10-20 years. I hope that is a little clearer on where I was coming from in my previous response.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Fleisch" data-cite="Fleisch" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45652" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I was talking about physical wear an tear on a persons body. I didn't mention their ability should be set to decline. LazarN was suggesting "fix declining physical abilities", which I took to mean their bodies health. That does not need fixing in my opinion as it represents the obvious wear and tear on a competitors body who has been wrestling 10-20 years. I hope that is a little clearer on where I was coming from in my previous response.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah understood - the word ''Decline'' has that specific meaning in the game so I took it to mean that. Hope you understood where I was coming from. In the mod with Jericho being in decline his talent tends to drop off rapidly in game but in reality that doesn't appear to be the case so I always go in and change that. This year he's brought it big time in those NJPW matches. People like Kane, Undertaker etc are clearly in decline - people like Liger, AJ, Jericho don't do as much as they once did in ring but that seems to be more a case of them managing their bodies (which is kind of what you are pointing out I believe) rather than the decline function in game. I think we are actually both talking about the same thing just using different language to do so.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="alpha2117" data-cite="alpha2117" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45652" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah understood - the word ''Decline'' has that specific meaning in the game so I took it to mean that. Hope you understood where I was coming from. In the mod with Jericho being in decline his talent tends to drop off rapidly in game but in reality that doesn't appear to be the case so I always go in and change that. This year he's brought it big time in those NJPW matches.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Part of the problem is that so many younger talents are over-rated on Performance skills. Jericho has almost two decades of experience at a very high level and should have a clear advantage in Performance over younger talents - even very good younger wrestlers like Omega and Okada. If the mod doesn't represent that advantage, Time Decline will quickly ruin him when the process should be much more gradual. (I actually think that Jericho started his Time Decline a couple of years ago, mainly because his look is fading and that's one of the affected stats.) Much the same could be said about Liger, while guys like Styles and Samoa Joe seem to be reaching the end of their prime but have yet to hit Time Decline.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Big Mark Smark" data-cite="Big Mark Smark" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45652" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Part of the problem is that so many younger talents are over-rated on Performance skills. Jericho has almost two decades of experience at a very high level and should have a clear advantage in Performance over younger talents - even very good younger wrestlers like Omega and Okada. If the mod doesn't represent that advantage, Time Decline will quickly ruin him when the process should be much more gradual. (I actually think that Jericho started his Time Decline a couple of years ago, mainly because his look is fading and that's one of the affected stats.) Much the same could be said about Liger, while guys like Styles and Samoa Joe seem to be reaching the end of their prime but have yet to hit Time Decline.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Jericho's look has changed but I'm not sure about fading. He's an older guy so he's using a different sort of look but it still seems effective. In ring he physically still seems capable of doing everything he could before he just isn't working the hard schedule anymore because he has other interests and he's managing his body. He reminds me of a lot of Japanese vets who have a different look now but whose skills still seem to be sharp. It's all a debate of course and a matter of opinion. The issue with putting him on Decline in the setting is that his skills erode relatively quickly with that on and in the real world they clearly aren't doing that as shown by the New Japan matches. He's very different from say Kane whose body has pretty much given up on him.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="alpha2117" data-cite="alpha2117" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45652" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Jericho's look has changed but I'm not sure about fading. He's an older guy so he's using a different sort of look but it still seems effective. In ring he physically still seems capable of doing everything he could before he just isn't working the hard schedule anymore because he has other interests and he's managing his body. He reminds me of a lot of Japanese vets who have a different look now but whose skills still seem to be sharp. It's all a debate of course and a matter of opinion. The issue with putting him on Decline in the setting is that his skills erode relatively quickly with that on and in the real world they clearly aren't doing that as shown by the New Japan matches. He's very different from say Kane whose body has pretty much given up on him.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Comparing him with Kane doesn't get us too far because Kane is clearly well into decline (in the database, he started his decline in 2010 at 43), while Jericho is either in the last few years of his prime or the first years of his decline. Looking at the database, he's set to start his decline at 44 and I agree with you that this is too early - for me, 46 would be about right but the perfect answer doesn't exist.</p><p> </p><p> Touching back on Styles, he doesn't have a fixed decline age in the db. Are you suggesting that he should be set to decline at (say) 50 to make sure that he can keep going well into the 2020s? I'm not sure that we can make that judgement and it might be better to leave AJ's destiny to the RNG.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Big Mark Smark" data-cite="Big Mark Smark" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45652" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Comparing him with Kane doesn't get us too far because Kane is clearly well into decline (in the database, he started his decline in 2010 at 43), while Jericho is either in the last few years of his prime or the first years of his decline. Looking at the database, he's set to start his decline at 44 and I agree with you that this is too early - for me, 46 would be about right but the perfect answer doesn't exist.<p> </p><p> Touching back on Styles, he doesn't have a fixed decline age in the db. Are you suggesting that he should be set to decline at (say) 50 to make sure that he can keep going well into the 2020s? I'm not sure that we can make that judgement and it might be better to leave AJ's destiny to the RNG.</p></div></blockquote> <p> </p><p> With people like Jericho and AJ I would just leave it unset. Right now today their in ring isn't significantly reduced by anything other than physical toll as far as I can see so they nurse their bodies more but still have the capacity to go full tilt when they want to (so aren't really in decline). If you do the no setting then because of their age when you start a game they could be in decline straight away, could decline next month or not for a few years. It's simply randomly determined by the game itself which I think is realistic. I'm not advocating setting anyone with a high decline age. To me the Decline setting should be used for those guys who clearly cant really go anymore but who still make appearances in ring. Aj and Jericho don't fit that model for me right now so it should just be left up to fate to decide in game when they start to fall off the cliff. Same with a ton of Japanese guys who clearly nurse their bodies but when they want too can go full tilt still.</p>

<p>Please, Please, PLEASE tell me you'll look at the morality of the deathmatch workers, it's nearly impossible to book deathmatch companies as everyone refuses to work deathmatches.</p><p>

guys like Jimmy Havoc and Isami FREAKIN' Kodaka are refusing to do deathmatches which although hilarious is somewhat annoying.</p>

<p>WWE UK spoiler below</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FFFFFF;">In an all Australasian final Rhea Ripley def Toni Storm to become the first WWE UK Womens champ. </span></p><p><span style="color:#FFFFFF;"> </span></p><p><span style="color:#FFFFFF;">

Toni Storm may have picked up a minor injury as the X went up post match.</span></p><p><span style="color:#FFFFFF;"> </span></p><p><span style="color:#FFFFFF;">

Ripley is scheduled to defend at Evolution and Storm is scheduled to face Kairi Sane on the show.</span></p><p><span style="color:#FFFFFF;"> </span></p><p><span style="color:#FFFFFF;">

</span></p>

<p>I just started a game as Impact and you may want to take a look at the pop of some of their workers. Some people currently pushed pretty high are autopushed as lower midcarders or lower. LAX and OVE are the ones off the top of my head, IIRC. </p><p> </p><p>

Also, I signed Alberto Del Rio and he is considered a locker room leader. If anything, he should be a negative influence.</p><p> </p><p>

Enzo and Cass should have a simmering tension or no relationship at all. </p><p> </p><p>

Don Callis and Jericho should have a friendship. </p><p> </p><p>

I think the Bucks, Cody, Hangman, Marty, and Kenny should all have relationships with each other.</p>

MLW should have a TV deal for Fusion with beIN for Friday night Primetime. They should also have one with YouTube. The current deal for events on beIn should be cancelled. Also, Col Parker is not in the database.

Also beIN won't allow anything other than low risk matches, which doesn't fit MLW's product requirements.

Impact Pop

I just started a game as Impact and you may want to take a look at the pop of some of their workers. Some people currently pushed pretty high are autopushed as lower midcarders or lower. LAX and OVE are the ones off the top of my head, IIRC.

Also, I signed Alberto Del Rio and he is considered a locker room leader. If anything, he should be a negative influence.

Enzo and Cass should have a simmering tension or no relationship at all.

Don Callis and Jericho should have a friendship.

I think the Bucks, Cody, Hangman, Marty, and Kenny should all have relationships with each other.

I think Impact as a whole should be looked at. With National tv and 300,000 viewers a week. They should have higher pop than most ROH workers at least. The argument no one knows Impact isn’t the case. AJ, Joe, Roode all got huge pops from WWE fans. Granted they were main event in Impact. It proves fans know Impact wrestlers.

I think Impact as a whole should be looked at. With National tv and 300,000 viewers a week. They should have higher pop than most ROH workers at least. The argument no one knows Impact isn’t the case. AJ, Joe, Roode all got huge pops from WWE fans. Granted they were main event in Impact. It proves fans know Impact wrestlers.

Knew Impact wrestlers. Many of Impact's TV deals have finished and they have dropped out of areas (like Australasia) or moved to smaller niche broadcasters. They have been in slow and steady decline for many years. The move the Anthem is funny because it's seen a decline in overall profile but arguably an improvement in quality (although dire stuff still happens all too regularly). Many of the talents that would be in Impact now have very little profile outside of the people who watch Impact. Heck most people would still think of those wrestlers you mention as TNA talent and wouldn't neccesarily even realise Impact is the same company.

The gulf between the WWE and it's next largest competitor in the US is astronomical now. ROH has a tv deal and is seen as a consistent product but it isn't exactly white hot and Lucha Underground is fun and has a TV deal but is very much a cult product. Impact is probably number 2 still but it's a much reduced profile from say 2014. I like that they are trying and still a going concern but if anything any non WWE or ex WWE talents who aren't Mexican or work in Japan are probably overrated on pop rather than underrated. Hardcore fans like us might know Punishment Martinez or Vibora or Grado but to the general wrestling fanbase they couldn't pick any of those guys out in a line up - well maybe Vibora if they were told it was a reptile gimmick.

Hmm... Does anyone have a semi-reliable source for viewership numbers (for all companies)? I can get attendances pretty easy, but I haven't deep dove into viewership piece yet to set company pop.

Lot's of good discussion so far. On my end, done with match ratios for all companies included to this point. Been fine tuning my ratings setup in prep for the next round of feedback.

Also, gave NOAH a bit of a makeover from a stables, tag teams, new worker perspective. If anyone wants to take a closer look at a company of your choosing and recommend what tag teams/stables etc... I would be happy to add as well.

Thanks!

I don't think it's possible to find viewer numbers for every promotion. Even ROH is tricky - the last time we had solid statistics for them was in the Destination America days when they tended to get about two-thirds of what Impact drew. (ROH served as a lead-in for Impact so their viewer numbers were fairly strongly linked.)

However, you could use things like Google Trends and social media (especially YouTube) numbers as a proxy - it's far from perfect but at least every promotion big enough to put in the DB has some kind of internet presence.

I don't think it's possible to find viewer numbers for every promotion. Even ROH is tricky - the last time we had solid statistics for them was in the Destination America days when they tended to get about two-thirds of what Impact drew. (ROH served as a lead-in for Impact so their viewer numbers were fairly strongly linked.)

However, you could use things like Google Trends and social media (especially YouTube) numbers as a proxy - it's far from perfect but at least every promotion big enough to put in the DB has some kind of internet presence.

That's a great idea and a good way to proxy it. Thanks!

Also, reminder to keep filling these out (so it is not lost in the discussion)

--- RATINGS FORM ---

Brawling:

Mostly old-school NWA/WWE Main Event style. This covers things like punches, any move with a "bomb" or "slam" in the name and standard suplexes.

Archetypes - "Stone Cold" era Steve Austin, The Undertaker, Stan Hansen

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Puroresu:

Kicks, knees, elbows. Head drops or moves with "driver" in the name. Anything that would fit in to peak AJPW/NOAH would fit here.

Archetypes - Kenta Kobashi, Toshiaki Kawada, Katsuyori Shibata

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Hardcore:

The fine art of weapons based matches. Onita-era FMW/ECW style.

Archetypes - Mick Foley, Atsushi Onita, return from 33rd retirement era Terry Funk

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Chain Wrestling:

This is all about chaining moves together in sequence so there is no down time.

Archetypes - Steamboat/Macho Man WM3, Meiko Satumura, peak William Regal

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Mat Wrestling:

Quite simply, this is about the ability to wrestle on the ground in a way that the crowd likes.

Archetypes - peak Kurt Angle, Zack Sabre Jr, Hideki Suzuki

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Submissions:

The most important point here is that they work towards a submission finish (i.e. "Working a body part"). A worker having a submission finish (i.e. Cena's STF) shouldn't necessitate a high rating, but rather someone who sets up a submission throughout the match.

Archetypes - Bret Hart, peak Kurt Angle, ROH-era Daniel Bryan

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Aerial:

This is all about high flying abilities… not just all the moves you can do (which could be covered by athleticism/flashiness) but how much the crowd can enjoy your matches as a result of what you can do

Archetypes - Manami Toyota, Kota Ibushi, peak Rey Mysterio

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Flashiness:

"Holy $%!^" moments in wrestling. Ricochet/Ospreay matches

Archetypes - Kota Ibushi, Ricochet, Will Ospreay

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Selling:

Making the impact of moves look good. It’s also about bringing in the effects of being hit by moves into the long term plan of a match.

Archetypes - Curt Hennig, Ricky Steamboat, RVD

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Fwiw, Meltzer has said ROH has more tv viewers than Impact in the past. I can't find the tweet I'm looking for, but this is one that says ROH does more than NJPW. If memory serves me right (and I could easily be wrong), NJPW were in the 300,000 range.

Edit - here's another one