Real World Chronicles Continued [Modern Day Real World Mod]

<p>Alright, I feel like I owe a little post-mortem after my mini-meltdown above.</p><p> </p><p>

Let me first say that the majority of pressure for each release is put entirely on myself, by myself. I'm a bit of a perfectionist/completest and as my wife would surely tell you I don't take criticism well. I know this is the exact opposite attitude of what someone building a modern day mod that the data changes underneath you on each release should undertake, and I'll admit that I had a bad day.</p><p> </p><p>

————-</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>To Rainmaker,</strong></p><p>

You seem like a good dude with the same goal in mind as me, making Japan feel like it does in real-life. Anyone that brings in Kento to NJPW and puts him is over is a good brother in my book. I can't echo enough that I generally agree that WWE folks need to brought down overall in the mod for Japan pop, and it's on a very long "to-do" list for me going forward.</p><p>

Me saying that "I'm out" on the next release is much more a reflection of where I am personally than anything you said or did in the thread, and to be honest was not really directed at you in any way but more-so a commentary on some of the comments in the thread at large. If I made you feel in any way that me opting out of the next release was to due to you, I apologize, as it really wasn't. (This was bound to happen as I'm a self-professed Kawada fan, so the Misawa-Kawada fued continues...)</p><p> </p><p>

—————</p><p> </p><p>

However, I've seen this road in Fleisch's/TheWho87’s releases previously where there is an expectation/sense of "owing" people perfect data that creeps up in Real World Mods more than any other. The expectation of everything being "right" is way too much for any one person to handle, and besides today, I feel like I have handled it pretty well.</p><p> </p><p>

However, when people leave comments like "I'm kind of pissed that" or "sorry to say this" etc... it eats away at you after dumping 400+ hours into a mod that you are just trying to keep going after the great foundation Fleisch has built for this thing. We are all trying to do our best to serve the community at large, no one is trying to sabotage or put out bad data. I was pretty clear that I viewed last Friday's release as a WIP one, but apparently that didn't resonate they way I hoped.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyway, to anyone I freaked out I apologize. I'm just trying to make this thing great for all. If you'd like to help, get in the boat and row with me.</p><p> </p><p>

I'll continue to make edits and hand this back over to the king, Fleisch, and I'm sure he will make the April release a great one.</p>

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="southside_hitmen" data-cite="southside_hitmen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45652" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Alright, I feel like I owe a little post-mortem after my mini-meltdown above.<p> </p><p> Let me first say that the majority of pressure for each release is put entirely on myself, by myself. I'm a bit of a perfectionist/completest and as my wife would surely tell you I don't take criticism well. I know this is the exact opposite attitude of what someone building a modern day mod that the data changes underneath you on each release should undertake, and I'll admit that I had a bad day.</p><p> </p><p> ————-</p><p> </p><p> <strong>To Rainmaker,</strong></p><p> You seem like a good dude with the same goal in mind as me, making Japan feel like it does in real-life. Anyone that brings in Kento to NJPW and puts him is over is a good brother in my book. I can't echo enough that I generally agree that WWE folks need to brought down overall in the mod for Japan pop, and it's on a very long "to-do" list for me going forward.</p><p> Me saying that "I'm out" on the next release is much more a reflection of where I am personally than anything you said or did in the thread, and to be honest was not really directed at you in any way but more-so a commentary on some of the comments in the thread at large. If I made you feel in any way that me opting out of the next release was to due to you, I apologize, as it really wasn't. (This was bound to happen as I'm a self-professed Kawada fan, so the Misawa-Kawada fued continues...)</p><p> </p><p> —————</p><p> </p><p> However, I've seen this road in Fleisch's/TheWho87’s releases previously where there is an expectation/sense of "owing" people perfect data that creeps up in Real World Mods more than any other. The expectation of everything being "right" is way too much for any one person to handle, and besides today, I feel like I have handled it pretty well.</p><p> </p><p> However, when people leave comments like "I'm kind of pissed that" or "sorry to say this" etc... it eats away at you after dumping 400+ hours into a mod that you are just trying to keep going after the great foundation Fleisch has built for this thing. We are all trying to do our best to serve the community at large, no one is trying to sabotage or put out bad data. I was pretty clear that I viewed last Friday's release as a WIP one, but apparently that didn't resonate they way I hoped.</p><p> </p><p> Anyway, to anyone I freaked out I apologize. I'm just trying to make this thing great for all. If you'd like to help, get in the boat and row with me.</p><p> </p><p> I'll continue to make edits and hand this back over to the king, Fleisch, and I'm sure he will make the April release a great one.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Brother, I appreciate all the work you and Fleisch did on this mod, and look forward to playing it. I will say there are some stat updates I disagree with, but they are easy enough to fix before I start my game. I have held off because you said an update was coming this Friday. Before I jump into this, am I reading your last post correctly, and there will be an update Friday?</p><p> </p><p> Again, I appreciate your hard work and, with no disrespect to Who, think this is the best modern day real world mod in the community. I hope you and Fleisch continue working on this and providing me with hours of enjoyment that my wife can't stand.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="southside_hitmen" data-cite="southside_hitmen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45652" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Alright, I feel like I owe a little post-mortem after my mini-meltdown above.<p> </p><p> Let me first say that the majority of pressure for each release is put entirely on myself, by myself. I'm a bit of a perfectionist/completest and as my wife would surely tell you I don't take criticism well. I know this is the exact opposite attitude of what someone building a modern day mod that the data changes underneath you on each release should undertake, and I'll admit that I had a bad day.</p><p> </p><p> ————-</p><p> </p><p> <strong>To Rainmaker,</strong></p><p> You seem like a good dude with the same goal in mind as me, making Japan feel like it does in real-life. Anyone that brings in Kento to NJPW and puts him is over is a good brother in my book. I can't echo enough that I generally agree that WWE folks need to brought down overall in the mod for Japan pop, and it's on a very long "to-do" list for me going forward.</p><p> Me saying that "I'm out" on the next release is much more a reflection of where I am personally than anything you said or did in the thread, and to be honest was not really directed at you in any way but more-so a commentary on some of the comments in the thread at large. If I made you feel in any way that me opting out of the next release was to due to you, I apologize, as it really wasn't. (This was bound to happen as I'm a self-professed Kawada fan, so the Misawa-Kawada fued continues...)</p><p> </p><p> —————</p><p> </p><p> However, I've seen this road in Fleisch's/TheWho87’s releases previously where there is an expectation/sense of "owing" people perfect data that creeps up in Real World Mods more than any other. The expectation of everything being "right" is way too much for any one person to handle, and besides today, I feel like I have handled it pretty well.</p><p> </p><p> However, when people leave comments like "I'm kind of pissed that" or "sorry to say this" etc... it eats away at you after dumping 400+ hours into a mod that you are just trying to keep going after the great foundation Fleisch has built for this thing. We are all trying to do our best to serve the community at large, no one is trying to sabotage or put out bad data. I was pretty clear that I viewed last Friday's release as a WIP one, but apparently that didn't resonate they way I hoped.</p><p> </p><p> Anyway, to anyone I freaked out I apologize. I'm just trying to make this thing great for all. If you'd like to help, get in the boat and row with me.</p><p> </p><p> I'll continue to make edits and hand this back over to the king, Fleisch, and I'm sure he will make the April release a great one.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I can imagine the negative comments do chip away at you.</p><p> </p><p> I will say I've never commented on here before, but I really enjoy this mod, played it loads always blown away by the level of detail and effort that has gone into it. I guess there are probably lots of us using this mod that don't take the time to give the thanks it deserves.</p>

I can imagine the negative comments do chip away at you.

I will say I've never commented on here before, but I really enjoy this mod, played it loads always blown away by the level of detail and effort that has gone into it. I guess there are probably lots of us using this mod that don't take the time to give the thanks it deserves.

Thanks for the kind words

Brother, I appreciate all the work you and Fleisch did on this mod, and look forward to playing it. I will say there are some stat updates I disagree with, but they are easy enough to fix before I start my game. I have held off because you said an update was coming this Friday. Before I jump into this, am I reading your last post correctly, and there will be an update Friday?

Again, I appreciate your hard work and, with no disrespect to Who, think this is the best modern day real world mod in the community. I hope you and Fleisch continue working on this and providing me with hours of enjoyment that my wife can't stand.

Thank you.

No, I will not be releasing an update Friday.

Beyond that, I don't know. I will edit the file on my end until Fleisch gives me the all clear that he's ready to work on it. I'll then pass it over to him for an April release.

If I reach a point where I'm "happy" with the data before then, I'll post it here, but I'm not committing to any specific date and can't give you a timeline as I'm not even sure I will release an update before passing it over.

Sorry I can't be more specific, as I know people look forward to each release, but that's where I'm at right now.

Alright, I feel like I owe a little post-mortem after my mini-meltdown above.

Let me first say that the majority of pressure for each release is put entirely on myself, by myself. I'm a bit of a perfectionist/completest and as my wife would surely tell you I don't take criticism well. I know this is the exact opposite attitude of what someone building a modern day mod that the data changes underneath you on each release should undertake, and I'll admit that I had a bad day.

————-

To Rainmaker,

You seem like a good dude with the same goal in mind as me, making Japan feel like it does in real-life. Anyone that brings in Kento to NJPW and puts him is over is a good brother in my book. I can't echo enough that I generally agree that WWE folks need to brought down overall in the mod for Japan pop, and it's on a very long "to-do" list for me going forward.

Me saying that "I'm out" on the next release is much more a reflection of where I am personally than anything you said or did in the thread, and to be honest was not really directed at you in any way but more-so a commentary on some of the comments in the thread at large. If I made you feel in any way that me opting out of the next release was to due to you, I apologize, as it really wasn't. (This was bound to happen as I'm a self-professed Kawada fan, so the Misawa-Kawada fued continues...)

—————

However, I've seen this road in Fleisch's/TheWho87’s releases previously where there is an expectation/sense of "owing" people perfect data that creeps up in Real World Mods more than any other. The expectation of everything being "right" is way too much for any one person to handle, and besides today, I feel like I have handled it pretty well.

However, when people leave comments like "I'm kind of pissed that" or "sorry to say this" etc... it eats away at you after dumping 400+ hours into a mod that you are just trying to keep going after the great foundation Fleisch has built for this thing. We are all trying to do our best to serve the community at large, no one is trying to sabotage or put out bad data. I was pretty clear that I viewed last Friday's release as a WIP one, but apparently that didn't resonate they way I hoped.

Anyway, to anyone I freaked out I apologize. I'm just trying to make this thing great for all. If you'd like to help, get in the boat and row with me.

I'll continue to make edits and hand this back over to the king, Fleisch, and I'm sure he will make the April release a great one.

You and Fleisch don't get enough comments or credit for in all honestly keeping this game alive for alot and providing TEWtubers a mod to make content on. Having no 2nd update is not the end of the world anyone can make the edits posted on this forum themselves and it will have the same effect. Thanks for all the hard work as always.

You and Fleisch don't get enough comments or credit for in all honestly keeping this game alive for alot and proving TEWtubers a mod to make content on. Having no 2nd update is not the end of the world anyone can make the edits posted on this forum themselves and it will have the same effect. Thanks for all the hard work as always.

Agreed and I've not been the best with thanking all the mod makers consistently. Thank you, Southside (a fellow Kawada-ite! Hokuto > Toyota, right?!), Fleisch, Dr. Avalanche and anybody that helped with the update. It's awesome stuff.

You and Fleisch don't get enough comments or credit for in all honestly keeping this game alive for alot and providing TEWtubers a mod to make content on. Having no 2nd update is not the end of the world anyone can make the edits posted on this forum themselves and it will have the same effect. Thanks for all the hard work as always.

Agreed and I've not been the best with thanking all the mod makers consistently. Thank you, Southside (a fellow Kawada-ite! Hokuto > Toyota, right?!), Fleisch, Dr. Avalanche and anybody that helped with the update. It's awesome stuff.

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it

Hello.

I'm going to use the above as an example exercise. A lot of the discussion on the last few pages has been fairly civil as far as discourse goes on the internet. Posts like the quoted however don't help anyone and break one of the few rules we have (these rules can be viewed on the stickied rules thread). Keep the discussion civil, anything further should be taken to PMs.

How dare I stick up for the mod/modder, I'll keep my mouth shut in future

Quick question: Any reason why Scarlett Bordeaux has an overness of "F-" in Ontario and no other popularity around the US? She worked in ROH and has had ample TV time on Impact Wrestling for awhile now. I would think she'd be a little higher overness-wise.

The game auto-gives a worker you are viewing F- pop in your company home region (assuming you are using IMPACT above) if they have none set.

She actually has no pop in Canada at all at the moment. She's at 5% in the US and could use a bump as you mentioned.

(That is part of a larger IMPACT pop re-rate I have been fiddling with which I will pass over to Fleisch for April)

How dare I stick up for the mod/modder, I'll keep my mouth shut in future

Tone, good sir. Just about the tone. Not that the sentiment is wrong, but all about how you say it. When part of the concern identified is HOW people say something seems incorrect, needs to be updated, or they have a suggestion they would like to see implemented... responding in kind is not really ideal.

The game auto-gives a worker you are viewing F- pop in your company home region (assuming you are using IMPACT above) if they have none set.

She actually has no pop in Canada at all at the moment. She's at 5% in the US and could use a bump as you mentioned.

(That is part of a larger IMPACT pop re-rate I have been fiddling with which I will pass over to Fleisch for April)

Awesome!

Since I am very, very new to the real-world mod scenario, where do you think she should fall from a pop perspective in Impact Wrestling?

I was going to wait til the Friday update but since that's not happening I'll post it now.

Stardom changes

Mayu's puroresu is a bit too high, I'd prob drop it by around 10 points.

Kagetsu's mat wrestling should be around mid 50s, submissions around 40s and aerial around mid 50s

Hanan's and Leo Onozaki's psychology should probably be dropped to somewhere similar to Ruaka's psychology.

Nao Yamaguchi was confirmed to be staying in a managerial role rather than being an active wrestler.

Natsumi's high flying stats are a little too high alongside her psychology, probably bump both down by 15. She should also be on a touring contract since she only wrestles with Stardom when Mary is touring there.

As a guide for popularity this is how the pushes are currently like in Stardom

Main Eventer: Mayu, Kagetsu, Momo, Utami, Jungle Kyona

Upper Midcarder: Konami, Hazuki, Saki, Tam, Natsuko, Hana, Arisa Hoshiki

Midcarder: Kid, AZM, Sumire, Yoneyama

Lower Midcarder: Shiki, Natsumi

Opener: Leo, Hanan, Ruaka, Saya Iida

Foreigners usually slot into the midcard with the exception of Viper who would be an Upper Midcarder.

Odd question but are we staying on this forum or we going back to the other one when Fleisch takes back over? Also thanks for all that you do and if you need help with anything in the Japanese promotions, I.E Noah, AJPW or NJPW let me know!

You two honestly are the best!

Thanks!

We will stay on this one for the time being. If Fleisch wants to switch back over once Flashpoint is released we can do that then.

I just wanna say a massive thank you to Southside, the mod can't be perfect for everyone because everyone has different views on certain things but you have done a fantastic job of making a brilliant mod that is incredibly fun to play. you deserve a medal for just making the mod as good as it is now and also shout out to Fleisch for continuing to make and improve these mods alongside Southside. Both of you are doing a brilliant job and your work shouldn't go unnoticed.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="EdinburghBoy" data-cite="EdinburghBoy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45652" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So is the February mod good to go? Lost track with all the long comments on this post.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I just updated the first post so it's a little easier to track.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45652" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I will not be releasing an update Friday, February 15. <p> </p><p> Beyond that, I don't know. I will edit the file on my end until Fleisch gives me the all clear that he's ready to work on it. I'll then pass it over to him for an April release.</p><p> </p><p> If I reach a point where I'm "happy" with the data before then, I'll post it here, but I'm not committing to any specific date and can't give you a timeline as I'm not even sure I will release an update before passing it over.</p><p> </p><p> Sorry I can't be more specific, as I know people look forward to each release, but that's where I'm at right now.</p></div></blockquote>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="southside_hitmen" data-cite="southside_hitmen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45652" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I just updated the first post so it's a little easier to track.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Can't wait for Saturday morning in this case. Keep up the good work dude</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="EdinburghBoy" data-cite="EdinburghBoy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45652" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can't wait for Saturday morning in this case. Keep up the good work dude</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It won't be this weekend, or maybe at all, before I hand the data over to Fleisch for April.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="southside_hitmen" data-cite="southside_hitmen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45652" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It won't be this weekend, or maybe at all, before I hand the data over to Fleisch for April.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I certainly hope he was joking.</p><p> </p><p> Either way, thanks for all the hard work!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Oyaji" data-cite="Oyaji" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45652" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I certainly hope he was joking.<p> </p><p> Either way, thanks for all the hard work!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He has cancelled the release for tomorrow. He said he may release an updated version before Fleisch takes back over, but he also may not.</p>