AARRGH! I sure wish we had more control over Alliance Titles!!

Ok, gonna rant for a moment :0)

I love that we have Alliance Titles that can be defended in other promotions. I don't even really mind some surprise upsets for certain Titles. However, when Ric Flair in 1986 does a show for Portland Wrestling and looses the NWA WORLD TITLE to Mike Miller, yes Mike Miller, it sure makes me wish we had a little more control over the Alliance Titles. IRL, there was a committee that voted for a major Title Change, especially the World Title. I know it's just a game but, it would be nice if we had some sort of VETO power.

I mean, come on! The most prestigious Title lineage in the world, now has Jay Youngblood and Mike Miller in there amongst Flair, Race, Dusty, The Funks and Thesz. There is no world where that is right.

I know, I know it's just a game. I also know eventually the Title gets watered down with everyone and his cousin winning the NWA Title. That was a different era. In 1986, the Title was held in very high regard and there is no way MIKE MILLER should win that Title. When I trade to add him to my Roster he is barely a Mid Carder. I know he is a Main Eventer in Portland, but he is in no way in the conversation as being remotely on the level of Flair.

In game Flair is ranked in the Top 20 in the world and Mike Miller is ranked #309.

I just wish we had more control, VETO power or something. Ok done Ranting.

:0)

I once had Sonjay Dutt defeat Goldberg for the NWA title while playing an early 2000s TNA game. Even worse thing was I had Dutt on my roster as a lower midcarder. I promptly deleted the save. The only reason I ever used alliance titles again was to get someone on my roster exposure in another country or region.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541684

Alliance overhauls have been one of the most common suggestions I've seen on the forums. I think Adam's compromise of their being a list of workers who could potentially win the title with alliance members all having a vote as to who gets to be on that list would be a good next step in how Alliances work in general.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="John Lions" data-cite="John Lions" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45688" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541684" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541684</a><p> </p><p> Alliance overhauls have been one of the most common suggestions I've seen on the forums. I think Adam's compromise of their being a list of workers who could potentially win the title with alliance members all having a vote as to who gets to be on that list would be a good next step in how Alliances work in general.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you for the info!!</p>

Archived