I know this topic has come up before, but can anybody tell me more how alliances work?

With my 4C dynasty I'm in an alliance that has 2 titles. I wanted to have those titles defended on some of my shows, but now I'm realizing it might not be that simple. Am I correct in understanding that it costs money to borrow the alliance titles and have them defended on 4C shows?

What is the best way to use an alliance? I guess I'm a little confused on the whole situation and would like to find more info on alliances. Thanks.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sportsfanmas" data-cite="sportsfanmas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45915" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What is the best way to use an alliance? I guess I'm a little confused on the whole situation and would like to find more info on alliances. Thanks.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There is no "best" way to use alliances, to my knowledge. It depends on what your goals are. For example, I tend to use alliances to prop up other promotions in some ways, to keep them solvent. For example, once I'm obscenely profitable, I set up a consortium alliance and invite other (typically women's only) promotions to it to "share the wealth", so to speak. Since we can't offer deals on our owned network(s) to alliance partners, I think that's the next best thing. After a few months, I notice my alliance partners tend to improve their product and presentation (production values, etc). This is probably to make themselves more attractive to broadcasters. But if they have the money (and don't have a miserly owner), they tend to spend it, at least in part.</p><p> </p><p> Some folks might use alliances to eliminate the damage from regional/national battles. If you're WWE and trying to break into/bolster your popularity in Japan, having an alliance with NJPW would make that easy with zero risk (borrow some workers to feed to Reigns or Cena for Raw/SD main events held in Japan).</p><p> </p><p> The only "best" way is the way that works for you, really.</p><p> </p><p> Titles can be problematic though. On the one hand, I wish I had more control over when and who wins an alliance title (like Sam Muchnick had) but on the other hand, I like the surprises that come up every so often. Like the person with 34 local popularity beating the champ who has 61 local pop for an alliance title. I figure it's due to card level (61 is midcard in my promotion but probably main eventer in the ally's territory so fighting over a midcard level alliance title would seem daft). Then again, having an alliance champion with 18+ defenses (in four months) just seems odd or wrong to me. Then again, that might be why I tend to have more than one midcard singles title (one to be booked as sort of an upper midcard title which is defended mainly on events like a mini-world title and another that appears on TV regularly and can be defended on TV).</p>

Archived