Reality TV Question

Hey!

Iv'e had this problem since WMMA4 put never asked until know.

How do you end a Reality Tv season?

I have never watched The ultimate fighter so maybe i'm missing something but i find no explanation in-game for this.

It's all building up to a match between the two final participants but there is never a final episode of the show where they fight.

So what happens is that the season is ongoing forever whitout anything happening.

So i figured that maybe i have to book the match myself right?

So i try to put the match togheter with the two guys who are both welterweights.

First guy goes fine but the other guy can't be found on the booking screen.

He is a welterweight just as the other guy and he is not injrured and under contract so there is no reason why he shouldn't be there?

So i'm again at this crossroad. What i'm a supposed to do?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45981" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So i figured that maybe i have to book the match myself right?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You have to book the fight yourself at one of your events. Once the fight occurs, the season ends.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45981" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>First guy goes fine but the other guy can't be found on the booking screen.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If the second guy is not showing on the booking screen list then most likely his preparation time is not good enough to make that event so you will have to book the fight further out from the current in-game date. There is a game option (smart booking or something...I don't have the game on this computer) that filters out fighters who don't have the prep time for at least a quick camp. I believe this option is on by default.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="VBigB" data-cite="VBigB" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45981" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You have to book the fight yourself at one of your events. Once the fight occurs, the season ends.<p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> If the second guy is not showing on the booking screen list then most likely his preparation time is not good enough to make that event so you will have to book the fight further out from the current in-game date. There is a game option (smart booking or something...I don't have the game on this computer) that filters out fighters who don't have the prep time for at least a quick camp. I believe this option is on by default.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Fantasy Booking, and it's on by default in Sandbox Mode, but not the default setting.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="daddy_shelton" data-cite="daddy_shelton" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45981" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Fantasy Booking, and it's on by default in Sandbox Mode, but not the default setting.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No that wasn't what I was thinking of. What I was thinking of is "Smart Match Making Is On". This is under USER PREFERENCES on the editor screen. From the in game help:</p><p> </p><p> Smart Match Making Is On - If Smart Match Making is on, the default (i.e. when no search parameters are being used) will be that fighters who are unavailable will not be shown on the match making screen.</p><p> </p><p> Fantasy Match Making means that most of the reasons that a fighter will turn down a fight will be not applicable.</p><p> </p><p> Anyway on the Match Making Screen you can set the search filter "Available" to NO for one of the lists. The second fighter should now show up in that list. If you now try to book them, they will refuse and will tell you the reason which will most likely be "This event is too soon, I wouldn't have time to do even a quick training camp." (just tested it).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="VBigB" data-cite="VBigB" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45981" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No that wasn't what I was thinking of. What I was thinking of is "Smart Match Making Is On". This is under USER PREFERENCES on the editor screen. From the in game help:<p> </p><p> Smart Match Making Is On - If Smart Match Making is on, the default (i.e. when no search parameters are being used) will be that fighters who are unavailable will not be shown on the match making screen.</p><p> </p><p> Fantasy Match Making means that most of the reasons that a fighter will turn down a fight will be not applicable.</p><p> </p><p> Anyway on the Match Making Screen you can set the search filter "Available" to NO for one of the lists. The second fighter should now show up in that list. If you now try to book them, they will refuse and will tell you the reason which will most likely be "This event is too soon, I wouldn't have time to do even a quick training camp." (just tested it).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hey thanks for the replies!</p><p> The guy eventually showed up. I guess he just needed more time. </p><p> </p><p> And thanks for confirming that i have to book the match myself.</p><p> There is really no info on this in the game.</p><p> I stopped having reality shows in WMMA4 becuse they never stopped etc.</p><p> Match is now booked.</p><p> Thanks!</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45981" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Turn Smart Match Making off. It's a pretty lame feature. <p> </p><p> Just change the Search parameters to Available-Yes in the Match Making screen yourself. There's times when you want to put Available to Any when you're wanting to plan fights ahead of time.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's really good advice. Thanks!</p>

Turn Smart Match Making off. It's a pretty lame feature.

Just change the Search parameters to Available-Yes in the Match Making screen yourself. There's times when you want to put Available to Any when you're wanting to plan fights ahead of time.

No need to disable it, if you change the search paramater for Available, it will disregard the Smart-Booking setting until you exit the booking screen.

Archived