When do you sign prospects?

Not a game mechanics question more of a personal preference question, when your company is going well (top 1 or 2 in the world) and you are looking for talent how much experience do you like your prospects to have? I always find good fighters and shortlist them and let them fight on local shows until about 6-8 fights or so then go from there.

In the past I have hired cans to feed to good prospects but nowadays I just let them go in the local shows and grow organically.

What do you do? I'm curious.. Thanks

<p>Depends on the size of the company. If I'm in a small company like XCC or WEFF, pretty much as soon as they notch their first pro win (Unless they're basically a guaranteed star like a Michael Dali and then I sign them on day one). If I'm GAMMA or A-1 and can afford to be patient, I look at people who are three stages below what I'm at (so if I'm Mid National, I look at Mid Regional and up) and start building them through the prelims.</p><p> </p><p>

The exception to that is Reality TV. Then I usually just sign the top 16 prospects I like and let them fight it out. Then I sign who I like from the show and cut some of the chaff at the back end of that division. A season's usually good for about four to six new fighters a season.</p>

With bigger companies (like UFC in real world mod), I like to sign the better ones when they pop at 0-0 and assign them to a child company. After that, I bring the best records in the main roster, and instead of cutting my losing streaks in my main roster, I assign them to my child company to feed the regens

With bigger companies (like UFC in real world mod), I like to sign the better ones when they pop at 0-0 and assign them to a child company. After that, I bring the best records in the main roster, and instead of cutting my losing streaks in my main roster, I assign them to my child company to feed the regens

This is similar to what I do as well. Though I do not currently have a male feeder company (I only have a female feeder company) so I pretty much have to sign them up right away. I would rather not do that but ALPHA-1 and the rest of the companies made bids pretty quickly (usually after their first two fights) and I do not have the chance to hold off signing them.

I typically just hire people on a needs basis, but I like having guys get about five fights in. In the later years of the default database, you gotta be a little quicker because the biggest companies fill their rosters with a lot of fighters and are more willing to put total rookies in the company.

Archived