Official Game Thread- Barebones 4 Mafia (The Revival November 2018)

theoutlaw321

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="moon_lit_tears" data-cite="moon_lit_tears" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Okay so here is my problem with the whole Anti arrows situation.<p> </p><p> If Arrows and Anti are targeting each other, then the bus driver shows up, he or she switches Antis target to the thief, Then either scum, or an SK killed the scum who died. We know that it wouldn't be scum killing scum. So where is the scum kill for the night? If it was blocked why hasn't a blocker came out and said so? </p><p> </p><p> Am I wrong in this line of thinking?</p></div></blockquote><p> I don’t think the bus driver was involved and isn’t it possible that the scum kill failed because of the guy who ended up killed last night?</p>

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="machinesxe" data-cite="machinesxe" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don’t think the bus driver was involved and isn’t it possible that the scum kill failed because of the guy who ended up killed last night?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> How would either of those make the scum kill fail?</p>

Sorry been a bit quiet - it's an inevitable Anti lynch, so I'm happy to move on with it so we can have meaningful conversations with some other people. It's not happening here while there's only 2 people with any chance of being lynched today, and of those 2 I don't see Arrows going down.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Crychon" data-cite="Crychon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A lot of the time a Thief role doesn’t actually stop the person from using the ability. They just gain the ability to use it themselves.</div></blockquote><p> I always think of a thief as being kind of a hint role cop. Like they find an item that gives a clue as to who/what their target is. But it's a role I've never played, so I could be way off base there.</p><p> </p><p> I really want to know about the guy with the van. Presumably whoever blocked them on N1 knows who they are... unless that was Phoenix, of course.</p><p> </p><p> It's weird to realise that we have two players right now who are the living dead. Somebody has been poisoned - I keep reading that section but it gives away close to zero about the victim's identity - and Crychon will die of grief.</p><p> </p><p> Derek and I were having a nostalgic mafia talk about a week ago and we got talking about the poisoner role we designed for Medical Mafia way back when and how poisoners are a great SK role because they have some insulation from watchers and trackers but nobody ever puts them in games. Then one shows up here. So nice one Outlaw, respect.</p><p> </p><p> Actually, Crychon, are you just going to drop dead tonight? Should we be worried about any side effects? Are you going to explode and destroy a city block or anything?</p><p> </p><p> It sounds like Anti is pretty much bang to rights, absent some other shenanigans. We've still got 48 hours to decide due to Murica-Fest or whatever, so there's plenty time to decide what to do with him.</p>

<p>Let's see if I can't just settle this now, make it easy for us. Little bit of back reading, and I've come up with this.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="theoutlaw321" data-cite="theoutlaw321" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="font-size:36px;">Barebones 4 Mafia(The Revival November 2018)</span></strong><p> </p><p> This town use to be so peaceful. A great place to raise a family. But boy how times have changed. It use to be a place to sit on your porch and enjoy a nice quiet evening, now the dark was becoming something to be feared. The only place to be after dark was locked away in your home. But was that even safe...</p><p> </p><p> The out of shape, balding grumpy old man had just eased the recliner back. His plate of tacos sat positioned just right on his lap. The six pack of the 'Beast' sat beside the chair chilling in the small cooler. He raised the remote and clicked it. The opening music for the <strong>The Sopranos</strong> blared out of the 60" big screen tv. He grabbed a taco and raised it to his mouth.</p><p> </p><p> Ding dong. Rang the doorbell.</p><p> </p><p> "<span style="color:#0000FF;">Are you freaking kidding me?</span>" He angrily lowered the recliner and limped towards the front door.</p><p> </p><p> "<span style="color:#0000FF;">This better be important. Couldn't you have texted...</span>" He yanked the front door open and came face to face with a .38. "<span style="color:#0000FF;">Fu..</span>" he never got to finish as a loud bang rang out. The man slumped to the floor. </p><p> </p><p> The visitor in the nice suit placed the firearm back into the holster under his arm and smiled. "<span style="color:#FF0000;">Damn that felt good.</span>"</p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>djthefunkchris</strong></span> is dead. He was the <span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>Town Aligned Grumpy Old Man</strong></span>.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is red mafia. Yes? ANYONE want to argue that? Where's his gun?</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Under his arm.</strong></p><p> </p><p> What kind of gun?</p><p> </p><p> <strong>.38</strong></p><p> </p><p> Let's go to N1.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="theoutlaw321" data-cite="theoutlaw321" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He was running behind. He had left his notebook at home and to retrieve it. He was walking very fast almost running. "Man I'm going to be so late. Hope he doesn't change his mind about teaching me."<p> </p><p> He crossed the street and was startled by a man in a nice suit.</p><p> "<span style="color:#FF0000;">Hey kid where you headed in such a hurry</span>?"</p><p> </p><p> "I am late. I am starting my studies this evening. I'm going to make a difference."</p><p> </p><p> "<span style="color:#FF0000;">That sounds good and all, but I don't think that's gonna happen</span>."</p><p> </p><p> "Well it won't if I don't get moving and get there."</p><p> </p><p> "<span style="color:#FF0000;">Nah, I don't think you're getting what I'm saying</span>." At that he pulled the .38 from under his arm and said, "<span style="color:#FF0000;">Sorry kid. But orders are orders.</span>"</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> THIS is red maf. Yes? ANYONE want to question that?</p><p> </p><p> Where's his gun?</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Under his arm.</strong></p><p> </p><p> What kind of gun?</p><p> </p><p> <strong>.38</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="theoutlaw321" data-cite="theoutlaw321" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He had completely lost all track of time. She was so mesmerizing, He had completely forgotten about what he had to do. <p> “<span style="color:#0000FF;">Good night cutie. Maybe we talk again sometime</span>.”</p><p> “<span style="color:#800080;">That would be great. Good night</span>.”</p><p> He went inside and she went down the steps and started for the street. When a man dressed in all black stepped out in from of her. “<span style="color:#008000;">Great performance there sweetheart</span>.”</p><p> Startled, “<span style="color:#0000FF;">Um I don’t know what you mean</span>.”</p><p> “<span style="color:#008000;">Listen, cut the crap with me. I know you are up to no good</span>.”</p><p> “<span style="color:#0000FF;">Look I don’t know who you think you are, but I have places to be</span>.”</p><p> “<span style="color:#008000;">There’s only one place you are going tonight honey</span>.” And with that he raised the 9mm and pulled the trigger. Bang. She dropped to the ground.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is night two.</p><p> </p><p> Where's his gun?</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Doesn't specify.</strong></p><p> </p><p> What kind of gun?</p><p> </p><p> <strong>9mm</strong></p><p> </p><p> Anyone want to argue they're the same killer? No?</p><p> </p><p> Where was Anti's gun?</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Under his arm.</strong></p><p> </p><p> Betcha it's a .38</p>

<p><strong>Antithesis-11</strong> <strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">L-1</span></strong> (Arrows, Crychon, eayragt, The Archer, BHK1978, Jaded, machinesxe, Shadowedflames, Astil, The Two, lukess11)</p><p>

<strong>No Lynch-1</strong> (Rayelek)</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>It is now DAY PHASE. With 22 players remaining, it's 12 to lynch. </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

You have until 6:00PM EST (11:00PM GMT) on Friday, November 23rd to reach a majority vote. If no vote has been reached at that time, a No Lynch will be declared.</strong></p><p><strong>

As always, if you see a mistake point it out.</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="font-size:12px;">Happy Thanksgiving!</span></strong></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Two" data-cite="The Two" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I always think of a thief as being kind of a hint role cop. Like they find an item that gives a clue as to who/what their target is. But it's a role I've never played, so I could be way off base there.<p> </p><p> I really want to know about the guy with the van. Presumably whoever blocked them on N1 knows who they are... unless that was Phoenix, of course.</p><p> </p><p> It's weird to realise that we have two players right now who are the living dead. Somebody has been poisoned - I keep reading that section but it gives away close to zero about the victim's identity - and Crychon will die of grief.</p><p> </p><p> Derek and I were having a nostalgic mafia talk about a week ago and we got talking about the poisoner role we designed for Medical Mafia way back when and how poisoners are a great SK role because they have some insulation from watchers and trackers but nobody ever puts them in games. Then one shows up here. So nice one Outlaw, respect.</p><p> </p><p> Actually, Crychon, are you just going to drop dead tonight? Should we be worried about any side effects? Are you going to explode and destroy a city block or anything?</p><p> </p><p> It sounds like Anti is pretty much bang to rights, absent some other shenanigans. We've still got 48 hours to decide due to Murica-Fest or whatever, so there's plenty time to decide what to do with him.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As far as I know it’ll just be me who dies from this.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="machinesxe" data-cite="machinesxe" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Let’s finish him! Let’s feast on the victors of the town!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There is at least one person who has not posted in 2 days. I’d like to nit super rush this. We have about a day and a half to put one last vote disn. I have a friend joining us fir dinner then a movie tomorrow but I’ll be back well before thanksgiving is over if the lynch hasn’t been achieved yet. But I’d like to hear from everyone.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="machinesxe" data-cite="machinesxe" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think we move forward now... as a great 90s serious video games emphasised...<p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> FINISH HIM!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What don't you want us to discuss?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="machinesxe" data-cite="machinesxe" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think we move forward now... as a great 90s serious video games emphasised...<p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> FINISH HIM!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hmm, what's the rush? we can always lynch him by the end of the day, I don't see the town benefiting rushing into the night, there might be something we have missed that we could talk about while we still can.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="machinesxe" data-cite="machinesxe" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Let’s finish him! Let’s feast on the victors of the town!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Would you have liked it if we rushed to lynch you on day one? I agree that we seem to have Anti banged to rights but I'm willing to push you after this.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Destiny" data-cite="Destiny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Would you have liked it if we rushed to lynch you on day one? I agree that we seem to have Anti banged to rights but I'm willing to push you after this.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Lmao. Really? Does this not strike you all as my all time play style? I’ve always played like this.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="machinesxe" data-cite="machinesxe" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think we move forward now... as a great 90s serious video games emphasised...<p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> FINISH HIM!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This gives me a really bad feeling. Going to put some pressure on you.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Vote: Machinesxe</strong></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lukess11" data-cite="lukess11" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This gives me a really bad feeling. Going to put some pressure on you.<p> </p><p> <strong>Vote: Machinesxe</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>Change Vote: Machinesxe</strong></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lukess11" data-cite="lukess11" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This gives me a really bad feeling. Going to put some pressure on you.<p> </p><p> <strong>Vote: Machinesxe</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Interesting, let me help with that pressure. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Vote: Machinesxe</strong></p>