Official Game Thread- Barebones 4 Mafia (The Revival November 2018)

theoutlaw321

It’s called sleep. You should try it now and again.

So...remember way back when Arrows said he comes back as scum on even nights? Only reason I didn’t call BS on that immediately is because my ability is only used on odd nights, so I could buy that restriction.

Town Aligned Nexus here. As far as I can tell from the writeups, I’m not sure I’ve been targeted on odd nights at all. I’m not told if I was by PM, and I haven’t seen anything that jumps out as “yeah, that’s me” in the writeups.

I'm not buying it, personally. I do sleep, just today I'm off work so was hoping for some discussion. Back to work tomorrow.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It’s called sleep. You should try it now and again.

So...remember way back when Arrows said he comes back as scum on even nights? Only reason I didn’t call BS on that immediately is because my ability is only used on odd nights, so I could buy that restriction.

Town Aligned Nexus here. As far as I can tell from the writeups, I’m not sure I’ve been targeted on odd nights at all. I’m not told if I was by PM, and I haven’t seen anything that jumps out as “yeah, that’s me” in the writeups.

I really, really don’t buy this

It seems far too safe of a claim to not have to give any other info

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Destiny" data-cite="Destiny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm not buying it, personally.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I really, really don’t buy this</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Buy it, don’t buy it, auction it, do whatever you will with it. I don’t go out, I haven’t seen myself in writeups, and I am of the belief that The Archer’s claim is a lie given the lack of a phone call last night.</p><p> </p><p> I’m out of pocket for the next 8.5 to 9 hours because of work—I’m teaching a new hire how to do our job—and I won’t be back online unt 5 pm Eastern at the earliest. I’ve given you everything I have and my best hunch as to direction to proceed. If Don Destiny (/sarcasm) demands my sacrifice, so be it but there’s literally nothing else I can give you info wise.</p><p> </p><p> And now if you’ll excuse me, I have abused children that I have to help outside of these forums. See you this evening if Destiny, et al decide to allow it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ShadowedFlames" data-cite="ShadowedFlames" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I leave you with this thought, though, Don Destiny and cronies:<p> </p><p> <em>If no one targeted you, then how could you point yourself out in writeups?</em></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'll be honest, we're past "pick yourself out of a write up", and more into "what abilities could a Don or serial killer have". Which is why you and Destiny are coming up trumps. But you're not the only ones where that would work...</p>

<p><strong>Destiny-1</strong> (machinesxe)</p><p>

<strong>Shadowedflames-5</strong> (Destiny, eayragt, Leion, Teh_Showtime, Shadowedflames)</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>It is now DAY PHASE. With 10 players remaining, it's 6 to lynch. </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

You have until 6:00PM EST (11:00PM GMT) on Saturday, December 1st to reach a majority vote. If no vote has been reached at that time, a No Lynch will be declared.</strong></p><p><strong>

As always, if you see a mistake point it out.</strong></p>

<p><strong><span style="font-size:36px;">Barebones 4 Mafia(The Revival November 2018)</span></strong></p><p> ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________</p><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Day 7</strong></span></p><p> ________________________________________________________________</p><p> The day started with the good news of a hero saving an important Townsperson from an assassination attempt. But soon turned sour as the report of the hero's tragic and unexpected end. The town grieved for their loss.</p><p> </p><p> Finally one man broke the silence.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ShadowedFlames" data-cite="ShadowedFlames" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Vote: The Archer</strong><p> </p><p> I still think your claim is BS and you’re the poisoner. The lack of a phone call or anything like that in the last write-up just adds to it in my opinion.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This was debated for a short time, but then the town started down another road.</p><p> </p><p> They discussed the events of the previous night. How a hero put himself in danger to save someone. </p><p> </p><p> The person saved declares;</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Arrows" data-cite="Arrows" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Gonna just say this now, incase something dumb happens.<p> </p><p> I think Shadowed is the Poisoner.</p><p> </p><p> I think Destiny is the Don.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Discussion:</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="eayragt" data-cite="eayragt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Actually, switch that round. Any evidence Destiny isn't the poisoner? SF claiming not to go out as the poisoner would be bold, but less so as Don. Destiny could be a poisoner / pho variant.<p> </p><p> <strong>vote: Destiny</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="machinesxe" data-cite="machinesxe" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Updated<p> <strong>Vote: Destiny </strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> His responses starts another wagon.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Destiny" data-cite="Destiny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'd agree that Shadowedflames is likely one of the few remaining scum left. I'm town through and through though. You already know my ability so here is my role title <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Town Aligned Army Vet</span></strong>. Look back at my first posts in the game you will see all of my hints about "the things I've seen" and "a fellow old timer" etc.<p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> As BHK said, I was on the majority of the scum lynches and was pushing hard to lynching them. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Vote: Shadowedflames</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="eayragt" data-cite="eayragt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Trouble is, if your role is part Army Vet, part scum/poisoner, you could quite happily hint at an Army Vet from early on...<p> </p><p> I'm going to <strong>change vote: ShadowedFlames</strong>, but we can come back this.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> He's called out:</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Destiny" data-cite="Destiny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wow, it's really quiet today and we're still yet to hear from Shadowedflames. Hoping we get something substantial.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Answers:</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ShadowedFlames" data-cite="ShadowedFlames" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It’s called sleep. You should try it now and again.<p> </p><p> So...remember way back when Arrows said he comes back as scum on even nights? Only reason I didn’t call BS on that immediately is because my ability is only used on odd nights, so I could buy that restriction.</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Town Aligned Nexus</span></strong> here. As far as I can tell from the writeups, I’m not sure I’ve been targeted on odd nights at all. I’m not told if I was by PM, and I haven’t seen anything that jumps out as “yeah, that’s me” in the writeups.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A few openly don't believe him.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Destiny" data-cite="Destiny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm not buying it, personally. I do sleep, just today I'm off work so was hoping for some discussion. Back to work tomorrow.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I really, really don’t buy this<p> </p><p> It seems far too safe of a claim to not have to give any other info</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He fires back.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ShadowedFlames" data-cite="ShadowedFlames" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Buy it, don’t buy it, auction it, do whatever you will with it. I don’t go out, I haven’t seen myself in writeups, and I am of the belief that The Archer’s claim is a lie given the lack of a phone call last night.<p> </p><p> I’m out of pocket for the next 8.5 to 9 hours because of work—I’m teaching a new hire how to do our job—and I won’t be back online unt 5 pm Eastern at the earliest. I’ve given you everything I have and my best hunch as to direction to proceed. If Don Destiny (/sarcasm) demands my sacrifice, so be it but there’s literally nothing else I can give you info wise.</p><p> </p><p> And now if you’ll excuse me, I have abused children that I have to help outside of these forums. See you this evening if Destiny, et al decide to allow it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Votes start to accumulate.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Leion" data-cite="Leion" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hmmmm, still a little bit torn. But Shadowed been the far more suspicious in my book. So might as well give him my vote and see what happens. <p> </p><p> <strong>Vote: Shadowedflames </strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Vote: Shadowedflames</strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Until he can't take it anymore. He slowly makes his way to the ballot box. And drops in another vote. Then calmly turns to those gathers and says,</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ShadowedFlames" data-cite="ShadowedFlames" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Vote: ShadowedFlames </strong><p> </p><p> I’m going out on my own terms then.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They looked at each other in astonishment. Then they made their way towards him and led him to the gallows. He didn't resist, he had been wondering when this day would come. Ever since he took the reigns when an emergency arose. He stood there with a stoic expression. Never even blinking as the noose was tightened around his neck. Lever pulled. Swoosh. Snap went his neck.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Shadowedflames</strong> is dead he was the </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Mafia Aligned Godfather</span></strong>.</p><p> </p><p> _______________________________________________________________</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Destiny-1</strong> (machinesxe)</p><p> <strong>Shadowedflames-5</strong> (Destiny, eayragt, Leion, Teh_Showtime, Shadowedflames)</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> _______________________________________________________________</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>It is Night 7. All PMs for night abilities should be sent in to theoutlaw321 by 500 PM EST Saturday December 1st, 2018; (1000PM GST.) </strong></p><p><strong> </strong> </p><p> </p><p> Good night and sleep tight!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="eayragt" data-cite="eayragt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Right, time to read back and see who that poisoner is. Not too many options...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You narrowed down to 2 people?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Arrows" data-cite="Arrows" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>We might as well spend some time discussing who we think the poisoner is. Not going to give them much they don't already know at this point.<p> </p><p> So.</p><p> </p><p> Anyone feel free to chime in.</p><p> </p><p> Who is it, and why?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> My gut is on the Archer, he has been the least helpful for the town at this stage, and him keeping to himself most of the time seems to me that he is just trying not to get noticed. Despite his claim, if he really was town why wouldn't he help on votes? Especially against scum.</p>

<p>My feeling is everyone with an Active Role can be identified in at least 1 write-up doing something. Assuming the poisoner has to target who they poison (seems very likely) and doesn't have 2 active abilities, that rules most people out. If I was wrong about this we'd have to look into the hider, as that could be a mechanic rather than a targeted ability. So that's 1 possible suspect.</p><p> </p><p>

That leaves us with a couple of people with claimed (and proven) passive roles, and me, who I'm pretty sure is the only one left not to have answered Destiny's star question (despite the fact I kept poking him to see if he'd ask me). However, I've passed cop and hider tests, and I wouldn't be hugely surprised if I've passed the tracker test as well.</p><p> </p><p>

I can't see any other practical poisoner. So:</p><p> </p><p>

Leion- double voting poisoner. Sounds unlikely.</p><p>

Destiny - PBO poisoner. Possible, odd mixing of abilities but it gives the sk a chance, as it makes them immune to dangerous active town abilities</p><p>

Showtime - poisoner who can't be found at night. Similar to above. However, why did Showtime clear me if he was the poisoner?</p><p>

Eayragt - still on this list! I would have to have an ability where I come up town, can be hidden behind, probably if tracked appear to stay at home. Realistically this is no less likely than the poisoner being a PBO.</p><p> </p><p>

I think that's everyone, so on that basis my list from most to least likely is:</p><p> </p><p>

Destiny</p><p>

Eayragt</p><p>

Showtime</p><p>

Leion</p><p> </p><p>

I'd be surprised if the poisoner was in the bottom half of this list. I'd be even more surprised if it was me. So that's where my vote may be going in the morning, unless someone can point out the flaw in my arguments.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="eayragt" data-cite="eayragt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In Showtime's defence as well - if his untargetableness is a mechanic rather than a hider ability, why claim no target (so would be targetable) Night 1? Hugely risky.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He's the only Non Town Aligned result I have.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="theelectrickg" data-cite="theelectrickg" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He's the only Non Town Aligned result I have.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That could be interesting, when did you investigate him?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Leion" data-cite="Leion" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That could be interesting, when did you investigate him?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Night 6</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="theelectrickg" data-cite="theelectrickg" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He's the only Non Town Aligned result I have.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Which should be impossible... Which night?</p>