Using Only Wrestler's From Your Dojo

So I started a new game this week and I wanted to see if anyone else has done this.

Essentially what I did was create a fed and opened a DOJO, I did hire workers for my start up roster tog et me through the next few years until more and more DOJO workers show up.

But what I want to do is eventually only have workers that have come through my dojo on the roster.

Very rarely would I sign anyone, and if I did it would be just a body to fill my roster until I got enough people.

Anyone else done this? What was your result?

Set worker generations to at least high. I’ve done several games like this. Currently running a diary about it as we speak. Results very depending on your end game. My TITAN Factory game I release them once they get signed elsewhere. So I won’t grow much. Constant rebuilding. In a rtg game with this concept I held onto all my homegrown talent and used primarily them and they eventually became huge stars that grew with my company

<p>Yeah I have my worker generation set to Extremely High. And I am about 3 months in and I've gotten 1 to 2 new workers per month.</p><p> </p><p>

With my initial roster only having 3 year deals, by the time most of those deals are up I should have more than enough guys primed and ready to take their spots.</p><p> </p><p>

Essentially to what I did was set my company growth cap at Regional for now, once I get passed my first year I will probably bump that up to Cult that way I can lock my new guys into actually Written contracts and not Exclusive PPAs.</p><p> </p><p>

My overall goal to to slowly build a company to Global with just guys out of the dojo. And with my product being more along the lines of a New Japan or ROH. I don't have to worry too much really about the popularity, just how good they are.</p><p> </p><p>

And I actually did get the idea to do this from you King Bison, I am reading your Diary and love it!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheGhost" data-cite="TheGhost" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46136" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah I have my worker generation set to Extremely High. And I am about 3 months in and I've gotten 1 to 2 new workers per month.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What dataset are you using? I've been sitting on Extremely High since we were given the option to do that and I'm shocked (shocked, I tell you) if I get one worker PER YEAR. And that worker is most likely not going to come from any of my dojos. Might be a woman thing admittedly but outside of pre-set workers, I see very few new workers generated and none of them come from my dojos. They're just random gens that come from wherever they can (WWA mainly).</p>

<p>My Rocky Mountain Wrestling diary that is currently going into its fourth year has produced sixteen dojo graduates that I've signed -- and two more that I haven't signed (they were women and my RMW company does not have a women's division and I had forgotten to set my dojo to Male Only).</p><p> </p><p> I've produced enough talent for them to be the bulk of my roster -- though I run two shows a month and have a bloated roster. As guys are coming up for renegotiations though, I'm letting some of them walk because of the replacements I have from the dojo.</p><p> </p><p> I shift the generations from Medium to Extremely High -- I started on EH to get my dojo going and have slowly phased it down to Medium. I steadily produce one to two workers every other month or so.</p><p> </p><p> Within a couple of years, you should be able to have a roster of all dojo guys. You might want to let yourself have some non dojo guys for your guys to work with though to help develop their skills -- otherwise you're going to have a really tough time with their development. I tend to sign veterans (guys with 15+ years and good performance stats) to come in and work with them. I've used Art Reed, Acid, Joel Bryant, Brent Hill, Squeaky McClean, and a couple of others in this kind of position. It's really helped bring them along.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46136" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> What dataset are you using? I've been sitting on Extremely High since we were given the option to do that and I'm shocked (shocked, I tell you) if I get one worker PER YEAR. And that worker is most likely not going to come from any of my dojos. Might be a woman thing admittedly but outside of pre-set workers, I see very few new workers generated and none of them come from my dojos. They're just random gens that come from wherever they can (WWA mainly). </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I use the default data. I've played as an all women's company before (I know you tend to favor QAW) and I've noticed that the women generate at a slower pace than the men. Part of that, I think, is a lot of the dojo/new workers are regenerations and there far more men -- and far more men who retire more quickly than the women do. I know a part of it also has to do with where you are located and how many wrestlers are based there -- so certain areas are more likely to produce talent so that no one area/region gets devoid of young talent.</p><p> </p><p> With that being said, I've produced two women from my dojo as compared to sixteen men in the three years the dojo has been open for operation -- but I am on medium now to slow it down. My guess is that as more women retire, you'll see more regens of them come from your dojo.</p>

If you want a lot of females to get generated you really need to create an era in the database and set generation to “far more females.” Otherwise few to none will be generated.

That doesn't work. The game engine is not going to generate more workers than it can handle. That's why it tends to choke on huge datasets.

The problem I have is self-inflicted, I think, since I change the default retirement age at the database level from 'random' to 40. So within five years time, there's typically only about 8-12 retirements (J.Ro is one of them unless she gets to 88+ popularity, roughly, but the clock's always ticking even with that). I'll have to run a test save to see if 'random' retirements produce more workers in a meaningful sense. I've used that era setting in over a dozen saves so far (across the C-Verse, ThunderVerse, and Fleisch's RW DBs) and it's never produced more than a dozen or so workers a year, at best. That typically doesn't cover for the number of workers leaving the game world (permanently due to retirements or temporarily due to maternity or exclusive contracts). Problem is, the pool can become really shallow not simply due to retirements but also due to maternity leaves and people being removed from the game world as a whole for years at a time (due to being signed to written contracts). I don't think the game see things that way though. It sees '200 active female wrestlers in the world = good enough' even if 156 of them work for one or two companies (parent + dev) and 16 of them are unavailable for various reasons (maternity, long term injury, etc).

Might have to try a save with an undersized dataset using the 'only from your own dojo' requirement.

<p>It absolutely works. I’ve done it several times. If you set worker generation in the in-game editor to extremely high, regardless of how many workers are already active, it produces new workers every even month. In America which produces 3-4 workers each time, if era is set to “far more women,” you should get several new women a year. I’ve only done this w/default database and unpopulated organic databases, but it’s worked for me every single save.</p><p>

EDIT: Granted, I think the “200 women” you put out as an example is probably roughly how many wind up active in my saves. Guess I never saw a need for much more than that as besides my own promotion there are only a handful of others that use them.</p>

Archived