Killer Instinct (Real World Boxing Mod)

This is it folks! I have finished early and the long awaited Real World Boxing Mod is here.

First off, I would like to thank user debeloguzi. Out of nowhere, he shared a boxing mod with the top 100 fighters he had done in a thread and it inspired me to add even more fighters and a realistic boxing world. I would also like to thank Tag01 and those who worked on his real world MMA mods over time. I have been a fan of Adam's games since EWR and this is the first mod I have ever done. I really do truly appreciate all the work that goes into mod making. This is free for anyone to use and edit as they like. If you wish to build on top of this, feel free. The only thing I ask is if you reupload as your own mod, please give the others and myself credit. Thank you!

What's included:

Data:

- 230 total fighters with active rankings. 130 active fighters added on top of debeloguzi's 100 (Please note Mayweather is the only big named non ranked fighter)

- 14 non-active fighters

- 5 active promotions with contracts

- 25 real world judges and 15 real world referees

- No belts included (Best left to the player to create them in game)

- No drug testing agencies. All drug testing will be done in house

Pictures:

- Face pics for all 130 of the fighters I added and debeloguzi's face pics for his fighters. Also pics for all non active fighters

- Promotion pics and banners

- Free pics and injuries are imported from Tag01's most recent Modern Warrior pack

Documents:

- Read Me

- All the fighters I included

- Fight Engine

What I suggest:

- In the download there is a document for a fight engine to use for this mod. If anyone thinks they have the perfect boxing fight engine, please share.

- Since there are only 5 promotions, 230 fighters and 17 different weight classes I would suggest doing one of the following two things:

1. If you want a robust world, I would Populate fighters to fill up the 17 weight classes. I would include a lot of cans for your up and coming guys to get some wins over.

2. If you want to see the best fight the best, you can condense weight classes to 8 instead of 17.

For example:

You can condense these divisions into one:

Heavyweight (Stays the same)

Cruiserweight and Light Heavyweight

Super Middleweight, Middleweight, Junior Middleweight

Welterweight and Junior Welterweight

Lightweight and Junior Lightweight

Featherweight and Junior Featherweight

Bantamweight and Junior Bantamweight

Flyweight and Junior Flyweight

Here are the links to download:

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p4snahw051vsh9i/AAAjs7_ISs_txfekPN2W-ODfa?dl=0

MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ktma9b8y6u70uiy/Killer_Instinct.rar/file

Happy New Year and enjoy!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mattu29" data-cite="mattu29" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46198" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>this sounds f'in awesome!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Let me know how it is. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="legendaryhorseman" data-cite="legendaryhorseman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46198" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>For some reason, I can't open the data or pictures folder - I get an error telling me that the archive is either in unknown format or damaged. Is there any way that someone can send me the data and the picture pack to go along with it? Thanks in advance, and sorry for any confusion!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I should be home in an hour and I'll check to see if there is something wrong. I will try to upload this to mediafire as well, but it has been having issues uploading. </p><p> </p><p> If anyone has any good alternatives to mediafire please let me know and I will put it up there as well.</p>

<p>So I checked the drop box download and it seemed to be fine as I downloaded and opened the data and pictures on another computer. </p><p> </p><p>

EDIT: Here is the full data in one downloadable folder.</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://www.mediafire.com/file/ktma9b8y6u70uiy/Killer_Instinct.rar/file" rel="external nofollow">http://www.mediafire.com/file/ktma9b8y6u70uiy/Killer_Instinct.rar/file</a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="5teezus" data-cite="5teezus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46198" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Enjoying the mod, the only thing is a lot of fights are stalemates with almost no punches landing, and end up as draws. Don't know if this is cause all the fighters so evenly skilled, or if it's part of the way the engine is adjusted.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks. Yea I'm still tweaking the engine. I was seeing 2-3 draws every 15 fights. You can take the chin strength down to no change, but then you get a lot more KO's which isn't realistic. The only thing I can think of to counteract the draws would be to change main events from 10 rounds to 9 and the all others from 8 to 7. I'm trying to get down an accurate engine, but it's hard when you only have a few stats to work from in the stand up. I'm hoping someone who has been playing with a solid boxing engine sees this thread and posts something in here.</p>

<p>Hey 5teezus, </p><p> </p><p>

I have been messing around with the fight engine all morning. Set every fight to 9 x 3 rounds and change the chin strength to 100 and then punch technique and punch speed to 100. I only got like 2 draws in 100 fights, good amount of KOs and lots more punches being tossed around in the fight. </p><p> </p><p>

Let me know.</p>

• 3 months later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="D16NJD16" data-cite="D16NJD16" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46198" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wayne, have you given up on this thing?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The original links to the mod were edited into the OP back in December. If you are asking if I will be updating it to add more people; unfortunately no. At this time I have no free time to do anything else. The mod is free for anyone to do with as they please though.</p>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
i would love to edit this mod if the creator of mod would alow this and others would help

Quoted from the opening post:

"First off, I would like to thank user debeloguzi. Out of nowhere, he shared a boxing mod with the top 100 fighters he had done in a thread and it inspired me to add even more fighters and a realistic boxing world. I would also like to thank Tag01 and those who worked on his real world MMA mods over time. I have been a fan of Adam's games since EWR and this is the first mod I have ever done. I really do truly appreciate all the work that goes into mod making. This is free for anyone to use and edit as they like. If you wish to build on top of this, feel free. The only thing I ask is if you reupload as your own mod, please give the others and myself credit. Thank you!"

i would love to edit this mod if the creator of mod would alow this and others would help

Quoted from the opening post:

"First off, I would like to thank user debeloguzi. Out of nowhere, he shared a boxing mod with the top 100 fighters he had done in a thread and it inspired me to add even more fighters and a realistic boxing world. I would also like to thank Tag01 and those who worked on his real world MMA mods over time. I have been a fan of Adam's games since EWR and this is the first mod I have ever done. I really do truly appreciate all the work that goes into mod making. This is free for anyone to use and edit as they like. If you wish to build on top of this, feel free. The only thing I ask is if you reupload as your own mod, please give the others and myself credit. Thank you!"

Absolutely feel free!