The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

I wonder if I am the only one who noticed that Jim Rose called Kenny Omega a WWE champion...!?!

I didn't catch it at the time but I read about it. Other than that he was better on commentary the last 2 weeks. Didn't crap on Riho and even complimented Excalibur for his commentary on the tournament.

- Nyla vs Conti was good. Nice touch with Conti having her beat before Nyla destroyed her.

- Emi vs Yuka was my MOTN. Emi is so much better as a heel. Nice cameo from Yakuza Boss Shida.

- Mizunami vs Kong was surprisingly good with limb targeting to cover for Kong's lack of mobility. Clever finish to avoid having a legend be pinned.

- Madi vs Dr. Britt was a solid extended squash. Bad news about Anna.

Aew just signed Paul Wight aka The Big Show

Seems like he's gonna have a few matches, but mostly be a commentator for Elevation and hopefully he's also going to be a coach.

AEW road agent/coaching staff is unreal. You have Arn, Tully, Jake, Malenko, Jerry Lynn, Taz, BJ Whitmer, and they also have JR helping talent. This is like an Ivy League school education.

Seems like he's gonna have a few matches, but mostly be a commentator for Elevation and hopefully he's also going to be a coach.

AEW road agent/coaching staff is unreal. You have Arn, Tully, Jake, Malenko, Jerry Lynn, Taz, BJ Whitmer, and they also have JR helping talent. This is like an Ivy League school education.

He also apparently has helped people get meetings in Hollywood. Cody talked about how Wight helped him set up a couple of meetings for Cody. If that's true that's a big get for AEW.

- Mox vs Nemeth was solid. Loved the slap. Mox is a fantastic salesman.

- Varsity Blondes vs Team Taz was good. Darby's video was cool. Hook in the body bag! Darby from the rafters! Sting hitting multiple moves! Finally some payoff from this feud.

- Miro has a crush on Charles lol.

- Cutler vs Hager was solid. Not Papa Buck!

- Kassidy vs Hangman was good. Nice singles showcase for Kassidy.

- Nyla vs Dr. Britt was good but suffered a bit from being heel vs heel with no build. The winner surprised me.

- Archer vs Fenix was my MOTN. Fenix is getting closer to clearing the barricade. I didn't want either guy to lose.

- 6 woman tag was my MOTN. Super fun showcase with some really creative spots.

- Yuka vs Mizunami was great.

- Rosa vs Riho was good but not the best I've seen from either.

- With Britt losing I was OK with Yuka losing. Nyla vs Rosa is going to rock and Mizunami has earned her chance to shine.

Great show... bad platform. Caught the replay on youtube because the BR site is a mess and I didn't want to risk spoilers. The video was only 720p. AEW might want to rethink this partnership.

- 6 woman tag was my MOTN. Super fun showcase with some really creative spots.

- Yuka vs Mizunami was great.

- Rosa vs Riho was good but not the best I've seen from either.

- With Britt losing I was OK with Yuka losing. Nyla vs Rosa is going to rock and Mizunami has earned her chance to shine.

Great show... bad platform. Caught the replay on youtube because the BR site is a mess and I didn't want to risk spoilers. The video was only 720p. AEW might want to rethink this partnership.

According to Khan. The people at BR pretty much lied to his face about how the whole thing was going to work. Good on Khan for immediately putting it on YouTube for those who couldn't get BR to work properly.

I thought Rosa vs Nyla was one of the best matches of the tournament.

It was! I would have had Rosa win because I don't really have interest in Nyla vs Shida again so soon, but it was still a good match regardless.

I really hope AEW is able to snag Maki Itoh for a long term deal at some point. I really enjoy her character.

Anyways, I hope Jade ends up impressing on Dynamite this week. She has an amazing look.

Also, I bet we'll end up seeing Shaq vs Big Show at some point if the tag match goes well.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It was! I would have had Rosa win because I don't really have interest in Nyla vs Shida again so soon, but it was still a good match regardless.<p> </p><p> I really hope AEW is able to snag Maki Itoh for a long term deal at some point. I really enjoy her character.</p><p> </p><p> Anyways, I hope Jade ends up impressing on Dynamite this week. She has an amazing look. </p><p> </p><p> Also, I bet we'll end up seeing Shaq vs Big Show at some point if the tag match goes well.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ryo is one of Shida's favorite wrestlers and she's independent so can spend time in the US. I think she will overcome Nyla and lose to Shida at Revolution. Shida can drop the title at Double or Nothing in 2 months to Britt or Rosa. I'm all aboard Nyla as champion again but not until there are crowds again after her last reign got screwed up by covid.</p>

Ryo is one of Shida's favorite wrestlers and she's independent so can spend time in the US. I think she will overcome Nyla and lose to Shida at Revolution. Shida can drop the title at Double or Nothing in 2 months to Britt or Rosa. I'm all aboard Nyla as champion again but not until there are crowds again after her last reign got screwed up by covid.

Thunder Rosa would be my pick. I like Nyla, so I wouldn't be opposed to another title run, but I'd rather other talents get a chance to shine first.

I wish Tay and Serena got used on Dynamite more though.

Okay so I watched TNA during the Dixie years and was conditioned to believe that "big announcements" are rarely a big deal, but Big Show promises AEW's next major signing is a hall of fame caliber talent. Who all is a free agent right now that fits the bill?

She has some bad press obviously, but I would be pretty pumped if Tessa Blanchard was the signing

Okay so I watched TNA during the Dixie years and was conditioned to believe that "big announcements" are rarely a big deal, but Big Show promises AEW's next major signing is a hall of fame caliber talent. Who all is a free agent right now that fits the bill?

She has some bad press obviously, but I would be pretty pumped if Tessa Blanchard was the signing

I thought he meant a legit hall of famer but perhaps it was just poor phrasing... Angle and Christian come to mind.

- Cody & Velvet vs Shaq & Jade was good. You could tell they rehearsed it. Nice touch giving Jade pyro. Red Velvet's new ring gear looks cool. The camera cut away from Velvet's spear was poor.

- Fenix & PAC Skyler & D3 was an OK squash.

- MJF & Jericho conference was boring until the Bucks showed up.

- Atsushi Onita hyping up the Exploding Barbwire Deathmatch!

- FTR & Tully vs Jurassic Express was great. Spears as the mystery man was disappointing unless they are finally teaming up as a trio.

- Well... it's the Paul Wight...

- Nyla vs Mizunami was my MOTN and favorite match of the tournament. Post-match slugfest was fun. Ryo' skill and personality should make her a fan favorite.

- It wouldn't be Dynamite without a Sting appearance. Ricky promo time! Sting looked pretty agile.

- 10 vs Caster was solid. Caster deserved a beating for going after -1 but Evans got one over the Dark Over. I like Sky's confidence.

- Quen & Hardy vs Silver & Page was good. The back body drop spots were amazing. Brawl!