The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

Rampage was pretty fun.

Sammy vs Tony was good, but Tony has zero charisma and even less personality. Very talented in the ring, but he's the definition of vanilla midget.

Jade vs whoever was whatever.

FTR vs Penta and Pac was fun on a bun. Very good main event. I didn't like Black interfering, but it is what it is. Hopefully Fenix isn't gone too long because even though Pac and Penta make a good unit, Lucha Bros are one of the top teams in the world.

I am very excited for Bryan vs John Silver and the Young Bucks vs Rocky Romero and Chuck Taylor.

I was fantasy booking with my buddy earlier and I think if they wanted to add a women's stable, I'd hire Masha Slamovich and Natalie Markova to team up with Leyla Hirsch as a Russian team managed by Alex Koslov.

Koslov is only 37 and I'm still bummed he doesn't wrestle anymore, but he's a decent talker and would love to see him in a mainstream promotion. The episodes of Strong I've seen with him on commentary he was fairly good.

I'd also be 100% down for a Forever Hooligans reunion between him and Rocky somewhere.

I assumed they did it that way so Andrade didn't burn his head. Cody was the one with fire retardent on his back. Sure it looked off but at least it was safer that way.

Oh I get why it was done how it was done - same as why you usually see the person with clothes (or sleeves) take the fire. Still seemed unnecessary to me since it wasn't on a PPV and it's not going to make people cheer for Cody.

- Interesting crowd reaction. I like how Punk handled them. MJF's promo video was funny.

- Diamond Ring Battle Royale was fun. Wardlow & Ricky got done dirty lol. Disappointed Dante isn't staying with Team Taz.

- 8-Man Tag match was good. Eddie!

- Young Bucks vs CHAOS was great. Trent looking like Mox fused with Blade!

- Surprise bitch! TayJay & Soho teaming up sounds good. Cody jumping the queue for a title shot lol. I hope Rosa beats Jade because the Final match will be better quality.

- Hayter vs Blue Riho was my MOTN. Hayter looked super strong in defeat. I think she'll turn soon and give DMD one last defense in January before the build to Rosa taking the title begins.

- Hook has been sent! Excited for Deeb vs Shida 3.

- Black randomly misting Julia was crazy.

- Danielson vs Silver was great. Hangman's ready to kick the Dragon's head in.

WWE has been trying to get people to care about Sheamus for over a decade, meanwhile here's AEW getting somebody's mom over like Rover.

This is one of the best comments I've read in ages.

I like Sheamus quite a bit nowadays, but man, you hit it right on the head.

- FTR vs Lucha Bros © was MOTN but I'm glad the feud is done. Tully got what he deserved. Crowd were louder for this than most of Dynamite...

- Soho & TayJay vs Nyla & BunnyFord was solid.

- Hook vs Feugo was solid. Hook is smooth in the ring.

- Cole vs Yuta was good. Teasing a potential Trent heel turn already.

FGRV5JpXwAgAhhq?format=jpg&name=small

Bryan vs Page was fantastic. I enjoyed the ending than people on social media seem to, but I thought it was a nice callback to Hangman bringing up that he beat Omega while Bryan only went to a draw. They wrestled for an hour and it didn't remotely feel like an hour had gone by. Seeing Hangman develop over the years has been a real treat and Bryan is obviously good at damn near everything.

Also, I thought it was hilarious that the crowd thought Bray was there when the lights went out after the main.

I think Malakai's protege in the robe is Brody King and that Julia Hart is going to help Malakai next week against Griff. Griff showed some good fire in the promo though.

Yeah, I'm all over the place, but I've barely slept in days. :p

- Danielson vs Hangman © was a MOTY Contender and maybe my favorite match ever in AEW history. Credit to the crowd for staying hot the full hour.

- Cheesy Christmas music lol.

- Wardlow cares more about pleasing the fans with powerbombs than Spears. He's going to be a good babyface.

- Women's submission match! Cool Black video. Brody King?

- Deeb vs Shida was great.

- Griff all fired up. Hook! Kingston, Lucha Bros & PNP is one hell of a team.

- Ryback lol. MJF vs Dante was great. Dante has Fenix potential. Ricky you bastard! Quick fun setup for next week.

Top 5 Dynamite

I hated the World Title finish. Another draw for Bryan in two months?

Wardlow is awesome.

Don't care about any of those two women.

And MJF is a gem!

Rampage is gonna be skippable again. 20 people in three matches is insane, I really don't like how many multi-man tag matches they book.

I mean once you get to a certain point, you have to unless you want to start giving away a bunch of solo matches from your upper mid card and M/E scene.

WWE gets around this with non-finishes, but AEW does it with multimans. Both can get trying, but I prefer the multiman's more that 15 matches between guys ending in DQs or other silly finishes.