The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

So, the big question of "Who will Jade's 30th opponent will be", posed for 2 or 3 weeks, and the answer is... Marina Shafir. That is very underwhelming.

She's cleaned out that division and now they are in a spot where she's gotta wrestle the top girls or get beat by somebody.

Britt just looks like such a high school 'mean girl' to me. The sneer. The condescending eye roll. It's such a heel-ish vibe, but I admit I haven't actively watched her in AEW for a while. Her early babyface performances felt awkward. That could easily have changed.

I'm sure she's lovely in real life. I mean it as an absolute complement.

I get the same vibe. But it makes sense. Look at Victoria (WWE). She was a great heel and was equally lovely in reality. Some people just like to play the character they aren't irl. Molly/Mona (WWE) also performed better as a heel imo. Opposites attract sometimes, I guess.

- Punk vs Caster was solid.

- FTR's lack of enthusiasm and MJF pretending the Pinnacle are stronger than ever lol.

- Lethal vs Mox was good.

- FTR vs Ass Boys was good. Wardog... not the popcorn table! Would be funny if MJF replaced Wardlow & FTR with Billy & Sons.

- Hobbs progressing well at promos. Brawl! Jade & Marina will have to work hard to overcome their lack of combined experience.

- Danielson vs Yuta was great. Love Regal on commentary. Yuta is over!

- Kyle's air guitar and the lame balloons were the best part of the celebration segment. Hangman arriving in economical style.

- Thankfully Rosa got a full promo this week. FTR ready for their babyface turn. Almost Bret Hart time.

- Bunny vs Toni was solid. It's Toni time!

- Nyla can cut effective promos. She needs to ditch Vicki after losing to Rosa. Rampage is stacked. RIP Skye Blue against Jamie.

- Andrade vs Darby was my MOTN. Andrade looked like a beast and got the big win he needed. Another brawl for the Hardy pop.

I don't see the point in bumping the dead ROH thread for this, but Tully has a new client in ROH that will debut against Ninja Mack tonight at SuperCard of Honor.

In other ROH news, Bandido has recruited Chavo Jr to be his new manager. I like Bandido, but Chavo should add a lot to his act.

I would rather Gresham win tonight though. Gresh is a top ten in ring talent in the modern era.

There's so much wrestling this weekend and I'm on cloud nine.

ROH PPV Pre Show:

- Colt Cabana vs Blake Christian

- Shinobi Shadow Squad (Cheeseburger & Eli Isom) vs new Tully Blanchard clients

- AQA vs Miranda Alize

- Dalton Castle vs Joe Hendry

Main Card:

Winner Take All Match to Determine the Undisputed ROH World Champion

Jonathan Gresham vs. Bandido with new manager Chavo Guerrero Jr.

ROH World Tag Team Titles Match

FTR vs. The Briscoes ©

ROH Pure Title Match

Wheeler Yuta vs. Josh Woods ©

ROH World Television Title Match

Minoru Suzuki vs. Rhett Titus ©

Interim ROH Women’s World Title Match - Winner will face ROH Women’s World Champion Deonna Purrazzo later

Willow Nightingale vs. Mercedes Martinez

Jay Lethal vs. Lee Moriarty

Swerve Strickland vs. Alex Zayne

Ninja Mack vs. Tully Blanchard’s new mystery client

Other than Willow/Mercedes, SuperCard was a lot of fun. FTR vs Briscoes was top tier tag team wrestling.

I thought the Bucks were starting a face turn due to the Cole/reDRagon stuff, but apparently not

You got to put that off until Kenny is ready to come back, so you can have a proper 3 on 3 feud.

Was NOT a fan of that finish for the AEW Rampage main event.

You got to put that off until Kenny is ready to come back, so you can have a proper 3 on 3 feud.

Was NOT a fan of that finish for the AEW Rampage main event.

Yeah, I just felt like the way things have been going on on Dynamite, it looked like they were heading there sooner rather than later.

Also, that finish was lack luster, but not enough to ruin the match though

Yeah, I just felt like the way things have been going on on Dynamite, it looked like they were heading there sooner rather than later.

Also, that finish was lack luster, but not enough to ruin the match though

The finish, in and of itself, was fine for a TV match. My main issue was Keith Lee eating a visual pin like that while the ref was distracted by Starks. Lee should be booked like Godzilla, just plowing through guys. I get wanting to make keep Hobbs strong and prolong the feud, but this was a bad booking call, full stop.

- Young Bucks vs Top Flight was my MOTN. Plethora of crazy moves.

- Kris Statlander looks ready to kill Leyla. Sammy & Tay acting like heels. I almost feel sorry for Lambert lol. Danhausen & Hook = ratings.

- House of Black vs Dark Order & Fuego was good. Sports Entertainers of the Week lol.

- Hayter vs Blue was good. Hayter vs Storm would be a money match. Missed Hayter's banger theme :(

- Lee vs Hobbs was good. They protected Hobbs with the finish. Fun brawl.

The ROH show was great. Hot crowd, good presentation and commentary. Only thing it lacked was a 2nd second women's match on the main card. Briscoes and Lethal are suspect as people but they're great wrestlers. Briscoes vs FTR was a MOTY Contender.

And for Joshi lovers the 2-Day Stardom Climax event and the last big TJPW show were fantastic. Feasting on quality wresting.

I know only like one other person watches Dark and Elevation, but I'm enjoying the Brazilian duo Cezar Bononi and Tiger Ruas. Apparently they were briefly a pair on the NXT circuit a few years ago.

I must've missed something recently, but was there an explanation as to why the Wingmen broke up? Nemeth wrestled singles, JD Drake is teaming with Anthony Henry, and now Cezar with Tiger. I didn't hear any mention of Avalon on this episode, but I also have crap hearing.

I was in Boston last night for the show, and I would agree with that. That match was fantastic, the crowd was so hot for FTR, it was an incredible atmosphere. I've been going over all the shows I've ever been to and I think this might have been the best match I've ever seen live.

- Cole vs Christian was good. Cowboy's heated.

- Joe vs Caster was a solid squash. Funny rap from Caster.

- I hope Gresham is on Dynamite soon. BCC taking over Rampage.

- Spears vs Dean was a solid squash. Tony you old p**** lol. Wardog! Take some notes Yuta.

- Always good to see PnP brawling backstage. Kingston throwing the TV lol. On-sight violence. Everything is clicking for Jade now.

- Butcher & Blade vs The Hardys tables match was good but sloppy. Elimination rule was pointless. It's Sting!

- Christian not doing well. Jungle Boy comfortable cutting promos now. Can't wait for Toni vs Jamie.

- Julia vs Shida was solid. Julia dismissing the Blondes lol. Thankfully not the squash I expected. Fun backstage brawl.

- Young Bucks vs FTR was a MOTY Contender. Nice touch using an ROH ring announcer. TK needs to ban spitting.

my wife suggested this last night, and now I need this in my life.

Samoa Joe joining the Blackpool Combat Club must happen. Imagine that stable.

Joe, Bryan, Mox and (redacted) just killing everyone

Nice idea but there's already 3 vets including Regal. Better to elevate a couple of young talents instead. Yuta looks he'll be the first. Anyway, Joe strikes me as more suited to the lone ass-kicker role.

Nice idea but there's already 3 vets including Regal. Better to elevate a couple of young talents instead. Yuta looks he'll be the first. Anyway, Joe strikes me as more suited to the lone ass-kicker role.

Plus, they've already set up a story between him and Lethal & Dutt.