The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

4 minutes ago, Matt_Black said:

Interesting. I had a feeling SOMEONE might show up once the four on two beat down started in earnest.

Beat me to it! One of my favorite women wrestlers. She has a great look, and amazing talent. Can't wait to see what she does in AEW. Plus she is reportedly dating Ronnie Radke. I'm a big fan of his work in the music business, especially Falling In Reverse. He can not only sing, but he is a surprisingly good rapper! (Check out a couple Falling In Reverse songs. You won't be disappointed. "Champion" is awesome! The song goes from pop punk and switches into a rap verse that leads directly into a VERY heavy metal breakdown. The transition is fresh and amazing. "Popular Monster" has made it's way into mainstream and has a similar song format. He is me if I had the ability to write songs, with his lyrics definitely speaking to me.) Back on topic, Diamante with Trina is awesome. Listened to her back in my rap phase through high school.

Anyone else concerned that she'll actually be able to stay clean while potentially wrestling again? I mean, Tony's clearly on something going by how jittery and hyper he is at press conferences. Not to mention that her current boyfriend has a rap sheet longer than del Rio's, the accessory to murder charge that somehow got downgraded to a battery conviction springs to mind. And if she does wind up wrestling, that'll be two people with potentially life risking damage to their spines (I'm still not convinced Danielson actually should be wrestling) working for AEW full time. This feels like hiring Scott Hall to work a tour with a promotion that runs exclusively in bars.

• Like 1

@The Swanton825 I take it you're not a Falling In Reverse/Escape The Fate/Ronnie Radke fan? IDK what your police record is like, but I can say my past was not without incident(s). Keep in mind, people CAN change. Not saying he has, nor do I know. Just try not to judge people from their past. If I did that, I would have never become friends with some of the best people I have met in my life.

Im torn I love that Saraya is there but did not like how she debuted. She just walked to the ring while four people are in their beating up other people, and the four people are like nah we don’t know if we can beat her up yet. But she’s putting herself in harms way. It alll just came off as unrealistic and peculiar. But I’m glad she is there, one of my faves.

19 minutes ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

Im torn I love that Saraya is there but did not like how she debuted. She just walked to the ring while four people are in their beating up other people, and the four people are like nah we don’t know if we can beat her up yet. But she’s putting herself in harms way. It alll just came off as unrealistic and peculiar. But I’m glad she is there, one of my faves.

I think that's one of those things where the cool factor overrides any logical sense. Because that happens in wrestling all the time. For instance, The Garvin/ Orton stomp. If the person is down long enough for you to completely circle them and stomp them and they don't do anything to counter, then they're down enough to be pinned for a 3-count.

40 minutes ago, Matt_Black said:

I think it's also very unfair to judge her by any actions taken by current or former significant others.

I'm not judging her for it, she's knows the guy better than I do, obviously. I was pointing out the outside perspective that after how she went from a tumultuous relationship with del Rio, a man now infamous for his legal problems and temper, to another guy with legal problems and a temper. That's a pattern I saw a lot as a kid with family members who had a lot of rough relationships.

40 minutes ago, djskeemask said:

@The Swanton825 I take it you're not a Falling In Reverse/Escape The Fate/Ronnie Radke fan? IDK what your police record is like, but I can say my past was not without incident(s). Keep in mind, people CAN change. Not saying he has, nor do I know. Just try not to judge people from their past. If I did that, I would have never become friends with some of the best people I have met in my life.

I'm not denying people can change. The closest friend I had while training had past drug and legal issues and he was a far better person than the literal preacher in the same class. I'm doubtful Ronnie Radke has changed based on how the only time I see Falling in Reverse mentioned anywhere it's because he caused another scene. That's my opinion on him. That's not a judgment on you or your enjoyment of Falling in Reverse. Heck, I enjoy black metal and that genre embodies "problematic fave" to the point that I now do research on bands before listening to them just to be safe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Swanton825 said:

I'm not judging her for it, she's knows the guy better than I do, obviously. I was pointing out the outside perspective that after how she went from a tumultuous relationship with del Rio, a man now infamous for his legal problems and temper, to another guy with legal problems and a temper. That's a pattern I saw a lot as a kid with family members who had a lot of rough relationships.

I'm not denying people can change. The closest friend I had while training had past drug and legal issues and he was a far better person than the literal preacher in the same class. I'm doubtful Ronnie Radke has changed based on how the only time I see Falling in Reverse mentioned anywhere it's because he caused another scene. That's my opinion on him. That's not a judgment on you or your enjoyment of Falling in Reverse. Heck, I enjoy black metal and that genre embodies "problematic fave" to the point that I now do research on bands before listening to them just to be safe.

No worries. Out of curiosity, what black metal bands are you into?

4 minutes ago, djskeemask said:

No worries. Out of curiosity, what black metal bands are you into?

These days it's mostly Samael, Woods of Ypres, Zeal & Ardor, Imperial Triumphant and 1914. I used to listen to some of the old Norwegian bands but it was too hard to ignore just how vile so many of the people who made the music were.

6 hours ago, djskeemask said:

Beat me to it! One of my favorite women wrestlers. She has a great look, and amazing talent. Can't wait to see what she does in AEW. Plus she is reportedly dating Ronnie Radke. I'm a big fan of his work in the music business, especially Falling In Reverse. He can not only sing, but he is a surprisingly good rapper! (Check out a couple Falling In Reverse songs. You won't be disappointed. "Champion" is awesome! The song goes from pop punk and switches into a rap verse that leads directly into a VERY heavy metal breakdown. The transition is fresh and amazing. "Popular Monster" has made it's way into mainstream and has a similar song format. He is me if I had the ability to write songs, with his lyrics definitely speaking to me.) Back on topic, Diamante with Trina is awesome. Listened to her back in my rap phase through high school.

It's unfortunate that the Falling in Reverse song she's using is about being anti-cancel culture.

8 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

I think that's one of those things where the cool factor overrides any logical sense. Because that happens in wrestling all the time. For instance, The Garvin/ Orton stomp. If the person is down long enough for you to completely circle them and stomp them and they don't do anything to counter, then they're down enough to be pinned for a 3-count.

It just takes me out of it. I guess what bothers me is I feel there could’ve been so many Unique ways to do it and they do a run in save which they do every week. It’s overdone.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Stokely is typically a fantastic talker tho, Marina is just inexperienced. 

I want Marina to do well. I like her outside of the ring. It's hard watching her tho. 

Marina has had plenty of training, and plenty of screen time to show at least some level of improvement. She's just not ever going to get it. She can't work, she can't talk, she doesn't have a huge cross promotional name. 

What's the payoff?

7 hours ago, milamber said:

It's unfortunate that the Falling in Reverse song she's using is about being anti-cancel culture.

Don't know them and never heard the song, but should it be pro cancel culture? Maybe if I knew the so g the comment wouldn't be going over my head.

I saw the clip of the debut. It didn't move me one way or another, but agree that 4 heels should not be running away from her. Maybe it's the cool factor as mentioned previously, but I don't think she has enough of it. Say Awesome Kong in her prime came in that way? Maybe the 4 heels take their chances, but if I was one of them I might be thinking "nah, I'm good." Paige doesn't inspire that same reaction.

Whatever Paige is doing now she looks infinitely better with the regular size lips.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

I think the best thing about last night is how #ScissorMeDaddyAss was trending on Twitter, and non-wrestling folks were all "What the [censored]?!?"

Aubrey Edwards had a post on her twitter before the event saying that her in-laws were going to be in attendance. She was worrying about how to explain to them what scissoring is! I can totally relate. I remember watching Dynamite at my mom's house one night I was visiting. She's not into wrestling and glanced up every once in a while from her book and caught them doing the scissoring. She asked me what it meant and if that's "how the kids high five nowadays". After a minute of laughing, I had to explain. Awkward

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, djskeemask said:

hes uh been pretty transphobic in the past year or two and then doubled down on it, like, Sarayas entrance song was written by him against 'cancel culture' because he decided he had been "cancelled" for his views on trans people. Who knows, maybe this is the pivot to appease WBD, but i feel like its going to lead to some backstage tensions if hes around, or really if he just decides to get on a social media soapbox over it again.

Edited by Kamchatka
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, djskeemask said:

I hate spoilers. I accidentally came across one for tonight's Rampage. I can't miss the return of a legend. Let's just say Malakai Black isn't the only one that can spit mist. Please, can someone tell me does it still start at 9 central and go until 11, or does it start an hour earlier 8-10 central?

The former, if I'm not mistaken. I'm on Eastern, and I'm looking at staying up til midnight. Tony Khan, I'm not as young as I used to be!

• Like 1