The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

The women's title match last night was a mess. Ruby pulls off the turnbuckle to distract the referee so she can grab the spray paint can to distract the referee while she grabs the title belt, which is a distraction for a rake of the eyes?!? Dick Dastardly didn't cheat as much in an episode of Wacky Races!

• Haha 1

- Kane/Ryder vibes from the wheelchair push lol. Devil!
- Juice vs MJF was great. Very high tempo from MJF. Kingdom! AssClaimed! Kenny!
- Wardlow is frustrated.
- Dark Order vs Hook & RVD was solid.
- Jacked Luther the Butler lol. Timeless Toni set for Full Gear.
- Jericho putting over Hobbs.
- Ruined the Sting segment with Flair. TK couldn't resist. Christian to the rescue.
- HungBucks (c) vs Hardys & Zay was solid. Whose house? Hangman's house! Swerve is a psycho.
- Open your eyes Adam!
- Ruby vs Shida (c) was OK. Shida did her best to get the crowd back after a rough start.
- Maxwell is a marked man.
- Cassidy & Okada vs BCC was my MOTN.

1 hour ago, milamber said:

- Maxwell is a marked man.

Oh yeah, that should be the normal thing from now on. Everyone should be targeting the World Champion. That's another reason why MJF should have dropped the ROH Tag Team belts to The Righteous (who have completely vanished btw)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, aXminster said:

Oh yeah, that should be the normal thing from now on. Everyone should be targeting the World Champion. That's another reason why MJF should have dropped the ROH Tag Team belts to The Righteous (who have completely vanished btw)

He should lose them at Final Battle to The Kingdom.

Edited by milamber

7 hours ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

Where was Mark Briscoe?

To give more context, this was shortly before the GI Climax. Mark was going to fight Claudio for the ROH Championship since Eddie Kingston couldn't (because he was in the G1 and thus in Japan for the duration of the tournament), but then Mark got injured. I don't remember who Claudio ended up defending against. Or if he even did.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ColdBloodedSausageMaker said:

Sheesh, Tony couldn't find a spot for Mark Briscoe's return on Dynamite? Isn't Rampage taped the same night? 😬

This is very much a case of a no win scenario here for AEW. You stick it on Dynamite then inevitably there are complaints about it taking up time on the "main" show for what is akin to a jobber running down the town and then having a lower card dude for all intents and purposes coming out as a return from injury. You stick it on Rampage and all of a sudden it's a case of "Why isn't it on Dynamite?". I assume if the option C was invoked and he did it on Collision, it would have a whole other discussion attached to why did he show up on the C show or something.

AEW isn't perfect by any stretch but this is an absolute non issue having Mark Briscoe ease back into the AEW scene on Rampage.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Eternal Phoenix said:

To give more context, this was shortly before the GI Climax. Mark was going to fight Claudio for the ROH Championship since Eddie Kingston couldn't (because he was in the G1 and thus in Japan for the duration of the tournament), but then Mark got injured. I don't remember who Claudio ended up defending against. Or if he even did.

Had the match with PAC instead based on PAC walking out of B&G.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Matt_Black said:

Someone suggested that if you look at the first appearance of "The Devil" when this angle started, the build is rather small and slender, perhaps a woman. And Britt Baker has a vested interest in the MJF/ Cole bromance succeeding or failing, and we haven't seen her in some time...

Would be a rather interesting angle if that's the way to go. Like I said, this angle feels like it has serious potential and I'm afraid they'll bungle it lol

- Jay vs Fox was good.
- Gunns vs Tates was an OK squash. Shame Dalton didn't wrestle.
- Miro waiting to beat up the Hunk.
- Abadon vs Shida (c) was fun. Timeless Toni chilling on the announce desk lol.
- Solid promos from Taylor & Keith.
- Joe (c) vs Titus was OK. Not a fan of title squashes.
- Best Ever AAA Latin Champ is here. Claudio out for blood. Bryan having an unlucky run of injuries.
- Ricky vs Dax was good. Julia's back! LFI finally out of promo purgatory. I'm glad they aren't ignoring Andrade's history with them.
- More women's storylines is good even if it's just backstage segments.
- Claudio vs Williams was 1 squash too many.
- Kenny vs MJF (c) was PPV main event quality.

On 10/26/2023 at 4:02 AM, ColdBloodedSausageMaker said:

Tony has got to stop putting these big matches on AEW Collision on Saturday. Omega vs. MJF could draw a huge PPV and they'll be lucky to get 500k to watch it Saturday.

Why even do it now anyway with Omega and MJF face? Shouldn't they turn Omega heel first?

It was never a good idea even when Punk was on Collision and there was a brand split. Now with Punk gone, AEW is just throwing away big matches.

Collision is the C-Show now and should be used primarily for recaps and feature underneath matches, not (arguably) the two biggest stars in the company. 

There's no problem doing it but, yet again, it was not been built properly and it was not promoted adequately. 3 days build. I know they had bits and pieces on Dynamite but it should have been announced a month ago and they should have been in the town two weeks ago doing local media to sell tickets. They won't make the kind of gains from it that they should be making because they refuse to put in the hard yards to make it happen.

• Like 2

Well, that was a stinker lol

When I remembered to tune in yesterday, OC was making his entrance and I immediately turned it off. Saw the results this morning and fast forwarded through the show, nothing really interesting. Another boy that cried wolf HUGE announcement.

And with the DST ending this weekend, the shows are gonna end at midnight for me. Might skip more shows if this is what they keep doing.

- The cold open and MJF backstage vignettes were fun.
- Cassidy (c) vs Claudio was my MOTN.
- Neither Mox nor Cassidy need the title.
- Mogul Embassy vs HungBucks (c) was solid.
- Christian makes any segment better. Thankfully no Flair this week.
- At least the announcement wasn't another PPV lol.
- Former JAS vs Jericho & Kenny was solid. I hope Wight's been training hard. Young Bucks jealous.
- Willow vs Shida (c) was good. Julia! I was hoping Skye would turn on Willow. Julia should recruit Abadon.
- Gunn Club vs MJF & AssClaimed was solid.