Signing new fighters

How do you gents who play fictional worlds sign your fighters.

Like what is your process?

Currently I find myself either stealing other companies champions or my usual search parameters are as follows.

Find the highest name value fighters for certain regions.

Or

Find someone who has world class in their bio

Or

Like the look of someone's avatar ha

So just wondering if there is an actual way to really scout?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="WMMAA1" data-cite="WMMAA1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46484" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do you gents who play fictional worlds sign your fighters.<p> </p><p> Like what is your process?</p><p> </p><p> Currently I find myself either stealing other companies champions or my usual search parameters are as follows.</p><p> </p><p> Find the highest name value fighters for certain regions.</p><p> Or</p><p> Find someone who has world class in their bio</p><p> Or</p><p> Like the look of someone's avatar ha</p><p> </p><p> So just wondering if there is an actual way to really scout?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would love to hear someone who has a better way of doing it. But I'll tell you my way as well. My only games up to this point were games where I started with basically the best organisations and wanted to have the best fighters of the world on my roster ASAP.</p><p> </p><p> When I start a game I basically go through every fighter and look at their abilities. (btw I also rig the lucky draw as long as I have high stats and having the least effect of fog of war at the start is a big priority) At that point I don't care too much about name value or I should rather say I don't care if a good fighter has no name value in my region at the time. Then I select the guys I think are strong to come in right away together with the few name value or high momentum cans. In that process I also shortlist the guys I have some interest in and don't want to pull the trigger on yet. For example young guys that aren't good enough yet and I want to develop a bit first or people I'm not sure if they have the quality and want to see first with lower competition and possibly bring them in if they can get on a run. Also I shortlist the guys on other organisations that can't be poached right away that I look to get ASAP as soon as their up for a new deal.</p><p> </p><p> And then during the game and thats where I don't think I'm very efficient... I will see every show. Those from other companies and every regional show. Quick sim those shows and look at the ratings of the winners and see if I want them or not. That way I also get to know new fighters. The few times I tried to find young and newly generated people myself I set the search with maximum level of fights to 2 or 3 and go through those people. But I don't do that regularly enough and at the end of the day I'm pretty confident of getting the new world beaters or very good guys early on in their career anyway. In the worst case they basically sign one exclusive deal in their early years before I bring them in.</p>

<p>During the game is my problem too... I constantly wonder if I've missed someone lol</p><p> </p><p>

With local shows I tend to look for guys who have great matches and or finish in the first round.</p><p>

Then I shortlist them.</p><p>

Then leave them.</p><p> </p><p>

Then eventually I repeat the process and go "ooooh hes already in my shortlist. Let's check him out".</p><p> </p><p>

And that's kind of how I scout local shows Haha!</p>

I've yet to play with a company whose signing choices are limited, so I always try to steal pretty much anyone who works their way into the world's top 20-25 of a division. Other than that they don't make it onto my radar.

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I always start as CEO with low rep and join one of the smallest company's. So my hiring process is currently as followed.</p><p> </p><p>

Go to character search, change parameters too "Unemployed and/or Can be hired" then also change the parameters of the weight class to what I need. Then I basically go down the list offering contracts to everyone as long as their contract price isn't above 10k. That will change as I eventually grow. After every 2-4 events depending on how many I put on, I repeat the process because it is only a matter of time before the sharks smell blood in the water and steal my talent. I have learned not to get attached to anyone after a year of this process. I dearly cannot wait till I can offer exclusive contracts and steal talent.....the revenge will be sweet.</p>

Archived