Chaos On The Clarke! [Starship Mafia 1] Game Thread

Rayelek

Guest Eliphas
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bak42" data-cite="bak42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eliphas" data-cite="Eliphas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not much to go on. Is this normal for him?<p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Really the only post he has that has any content to it. And it's very little. Disputes the theory posed of the Marshall being the SK. Other than that there's helping of Zergon in the thread. </p><p> </p><p> I'll be perfectly honest, I haven't posted much these last few phases in part because I don't have any useful information or theories to share, but primarily because I have been so infuriated and frustrated by people who are saying that my observational (as opposed to confrontational) play style is essentially wrong. I almost rage quit and asked to be replaced as a result. Now I tried to not take is personally, but when you're being told that the way you've always played is wrong, it's kind of hard not to talk it personally at least a little bit.</p><p> </p><p> I think people are looking for an easy lynch and inactives are usually easy lynches.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> At this point, I am actually leaning town on Archer, so I don't have a problem with being lumped in with him. I feel like he was doing in the thread, the same thing that I stepped away from the computer to avoid doing in the thread.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Nothing has really jumped out at me, could be town or could be scum doing a good job of appearing town.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> There hasn't really been anything so far that I've seen that has stood out to me as being particularly scummy. But my scumdar is still not working as accurately as it has in the past.</p></div></blockquote><p> I am not sure of your alignment, I reserve the right to ascertain that in the thread and not just lumping you in with the group that is being forced as the scum group. </p><p> But I like your honesty in what you said. And I understand your frustration.</p></div></blockquote>

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Please, lol.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> hate burst another one of your bubbles, but the entire world does not revolve around you. i wasnt talking about u. I wouldnt have played if arrows was playing. so wrong again. </p><p> </p><p> id claim, but youd just make one of your comments and not beleive me anyway.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eliphas" data-cite="Eliphas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You haven't heard? The whole team was named.</div></blockquote><p> I've been reading along and got a chuckle from TSS's list. Doesn't mean he's right, especially as I <strong>know</strong> I'm town, so at least 1 of those is wrong. </p><p> </p><p> As for Archer, my vote on him can easily be removed if he comes back online. At this point I'm on the mindset that lynching an inactive scummy-looking (emphasis on looking) player is better than A) nothing and <em>likely</em> B) dj wanting people eto vote on him.</p><p> </p><p> I do like your enthusiasm, though. I just hope you're not scum 'cause you can help the town a lot if you're true-blue loyal Crew.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Archer" data-cite="The Archer" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>hate burst another one of your bubbles, but the entire world does not revolve around you. i wasnt talking about u. I wouldnt have played if arrows was playing. so wrong again. <p> </p><p> id claim, but youd just make one of your comments and not beleive me anyway.</p></div></blockquote><p> Still not sold on you being scum but you already hinted VT so not sure if a claim would help sway things much.</p>

Guest Eliphas
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="michgcs" data-cite="michgcs" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've been reading along and got a chuckle from TSS's list. Doesn't mean he's right, especially as I <strong>know</strong> I'm town, so at least 1 of those is wrong. <p> </p><p> As for Archer, my vote on him can easily be removed if he comes back online. At this point I'm on the mindset that lynching an inactive scummy-looking (emphasis on looking) player is better than A) nothing and <em>likely</em> B) dj wanting people eto vote on him.</p><p> </p><p> I do like your enthusiasm, though. I just hope you're not scum 'cause you can help the town a lot if you're true-blue loyal Crew.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Would be funny if none of the list is scum. The used car salesman is the only one I would vote for right now.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eliphas" data-cite="Eliphas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The used car salesman is the only one I would vote for right now.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He's on my list as well.</p><p> </p><p> I have about 15 minutes before I'm off camping. I'll throw my vote down before that. </p><p> </p><p> This time I'll be on a mountain; please resist the urge to lynch me everyone.</p>

I'll be perfectly honest, I haven't posted much these last few phases in part because I don't have any useful information or theories to share, but primarily because I have been so infuriated and frustrated by people who are saying that my observational (as opposed to confrontational) play style is essentially wrong. I almost rage quit and asked to be replaced as a result. Now I tried to not take is personally, but when you're being told that the way you've always played is wrong, it's kind of hard not to talk it personally at least a little bit.

Do I ever get that, brother. They were on me like white on rice. Back from work. Caught up.

At this point, I am actually leaning town on Archer, so I don't have a problem with being lumped in with him. I feel like he was doing in the thread, the same thing that I stepped away from the computer to avoid doing in the thread.

Same, but as I said, I wouldn't be shocked if he flipped red. With that said...

There hasn't really been anything so far that I've seen that has stood out to me as being particularly scummy. But my scumdar is still not working as accurately as it has in the past.

Man, the last person to talk like this was MLT in the last game. Which does not help lower you in my personal scum rankings.

All that out of the way, Vote: The Archer. We're most of the way there and three days without a lynch would be utterly ridiculous.

I wasn't fooled. I had him on day one. No one would listen to me. I was the seer but the rules didn't allow role or flavor claims. And I was being dismissed alot like I am here because I am new.

I have been in the same boat plenty of times. I will probably get a collective eye roll for bringing this up but there was one game where I was the investigator. I believe I caught two Scum that game via investigations (it might have been one, it was so long ago I do not recall), I was also an outed investigator.

The town protector had been protecting me since I was outed but then near the end of the game he felt that there was someone of more value to protect. Therefore, I was killed and the next person I was going to investigate was I believe the last mafia member. It took them another phase to figure out who it was. Now if I was viewed as an asset and protected the town would have won the next phase.

So let me say this, you may think you are being dismissed because more vocal players might come across to you that way. But know that there are others who are listening to you and are not dismissing what you say as being not valid just because you are a new player on this site.

I'll be perfectly honest, I haven't posted much these last few phases in part because I don't have any useful information or theories to share, but primarily because I have been so infuriated and frustrated by people who are saying that my observational (as opposed to confrontational) play style is essentially wrong. I almost rage quit and asked to be replaced as a result. Now I tried to not take is personally, but when you're being told that the way you've always played is wrong, it's kind of hard not to talk it personally at least a little bit.

Please do not take it personally, especially if it is coming from me (There is never any malicious intent when I post out low posters, I just hate it when people overlook the low posters and it comes back to bite us in our collective asses). I do it to Jaded all of the time and I am trying to stop it. For you it was just I remember you usually being a middle of the pack poster, not someone who posted like DJ but nowhere near the Jaded level either. Maybe I am wrong thinking that.

What I do know is you are a good player and you have shown in the past that you can lead. That is they only reason why you and IER have stuck out to me because I just did not think your play style was like that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way you are playing because as I have said in the past your observations have helped out a lot.

----

Now back to why I came here, I am unsure about Archer. I tend to do this on the fence thing a lot and it is because I truly despise being on a mis-lynch. To me if there is the tiny bit of reasonable doubt in my mind I am hesitant to pull the trigger.

I am not one of those, "We should lynch someone, because it might give us information." Mainly because the people who spout that over and over again tend to just be given lip service. There was a game where players were saying it over and over again, but when it came time to look at the voting process none of them actually did it.

Oddly enough I was the only one who ended up doing it. The one person who rolls their eyes every time someone brings it up.

Right now I cannot decide if Archer is Scum or not, but despite what I said above it has come to a point that it is probably going to hinder us if we do not find out. Because he will end up being a distraction, yes he is only a distraction if we let him be one but still he will be.

I am on right now and I will make a decision before I get off the computer tonight but I am open to seeing if anything else will be discussed.

I have to say that Luke is still standing out to me as being Scum. I can't shake the feeling and I honestly have no evidence he is, but I still feel this way.

hate burst another one of your bubbles, but the entire world does not revolve around you. i wasnt talking about u. I wouldnt have played if arrows was playing. so wrong again.

id claim, but youd just make one of your comments and not beleive me anyway.

I mean if you are willing to do so I would not mind you claiming. At least it might better help me judge you here.

I understand that you are much like T2 and are not a fan of claiming. But at this point what do you have to lose?

Not trying to pad my post count here even if it looks like I am, just do me a favor and kindly overlook the multiple typos in my post about voting. There are times I really wish I could edit what I posted because I feel like such a moron when I see the amount of glaring typos and left out words that I post.

I mean if you are willing to do so I would not mind you claiming. At least it might better help me judge you here.

I understand that you are much like T2 and are not a fan of claiming. But at this point what do you have to lose?

Archer doesn't strike me as someone who's not a fan of claiming. I remember he claimed bully in the Centralia game. Granted he still got lynched there but I think if he claims now we at least have time to discuss things.

Archer doesn't strike me as someone who's not a fan of claiming. I remember he claimed bully in the Centralia game. Granted he still got lynched there but I think if he claims now we at least have time to discuss things.

I thought that was his thing, I recall him saying that we here on GDS rely to heavily on claims. Maybe I am wrong on that and putting words into his mouth. I just assumed that because he made that statement, it meant he was not a fan of claiming.

I could be wrong, it would not be the first time or the last time that I am.

Would be funny if none of the list is scum. The used car salesman is the only one I would vote for right now.

Well, why don't you go on ahead and vote for the used car salesman then, it seems there are some people that are willing to follow your lead on that. But I guess, you wouldn't want to be the one that started the wagon once I flip town. Wouldn't you?

As for my vote, if Archer is willing to give out a claim, then I am willing to hear him out. But, I do agree with mich, that it would be quite inconsistent with what he hinted at earlier.

I thought that was his thing, I recall him saying that we here on GDS rely to heavily on claims. Maybe I am wrong on that and putting words into his mouth. I just assumed that because he made that statement, it meant he was not a fan of claiming.

I could be wrong, it would not be the first time or the last time that I am.

Well, he could NOT be a fan but still claim, though. Doesn't mean you're wrong.

Right now I am at the same point I was during the last day phase. I am hemming and hawing over if I should pull the trigger and vote for Archer.

I look at some of the players who have already voted for him and there are enough to make me question if I should because I simply do not trust some of those players. I hate it when I am in this situation because I feel very indecisive here.

It is like I look at the list and say to myself, "I don't trust MLT (though at this point I am leaning towards a more Town read), I think either IER or Luke are Scum (heck maybe both are), TSS seems Town but is very good at blending."

The others on the vote I really have no opinion on one way or the other at this point. I think the T2 has convinced me that he might be town after the last day phase. But I reserve the right to change my mind.

Then I think where is Emark? Why are Easter holidays in Europe so long? I know in America we hardly get any holidays and in Europe you get a ton but still a week? Why did Rev say he would place his vote before he left to go camping hours ago and he never did? Why did Rev drop a vote on Archer last phase and then pretty much defend him this phase?

These are questions I need answers to...:D

Right now I am at the same point I was during the last day phase. I am hemming and hawing over if I should pull the trigger and vote for Archer.

I look at some of the players who have already voted for him and there are enough to make me question if I should because I simply do not trust some of those players. I hate it when I am in this situation because I feel very indecisive here.

It is like I look at the list and say to myself, "I don't trust MLT (though at this point I am leaning towards a more Town read), I think either IER or Luke are Scum (heck maybe both are), TSS seems Town but is very good at blending."

The others on the vote I really have no opinion on one way or the other at this point. I think the T2 has convinced me that he might be town after the last day phase. But I reserve the right to change my mind.

Then I think where is Emark? Why are Easter holidays in Europe so long? I know in America we hardly get any holidays and in Europe you get a ton but still a week? Why did Rev say he would place his vote before he left to go camping hours ago and he never did? Why did Rev drop a vote on Archer last phase and then pretty much defend him this phase?

These are questions I need answers to...:D

All good questions, I would like to add that where did Opulent disappear to again, I read he would post 4-5 hrs after his last post, but it seems he wasn't able to.

The thing with Rev is, I pointed out (others did as well) that Archer played pretty much the same way in this game as he did in the game he was the SK (Being M.I.A. though most of the phases, though he has gotten better in this phase). Well Rev dismissed my take right off the bat.

Then he votes for Archer last phase only to sort of defend him this phase. It makes me think that there is something rotten in the state of Denmark in regards to the two of them.

That being said I will freely admit that what Rev brought up about Archer is logical and my takes have been similar to what he said in regards to Archer.

Which leaves me at this point. I really hate to mis-lynch Townies when I am a member of the Town, to others it is no big thing. But it honestly makes me feel stupid (I feel that way far to often in real life), like I missed something so obvious and I am letting outside opinions cloud my judgement.

And clowning or not, he was obviously agitated in the thread. The correct thing to do would have been to let it die down, not poke at him more. Just my $0.02.

You're not wrong. Re-reading everything, I agree with you on this point. He's still scum though, that's not going to change, when he dies he flips scum.

Gonna Fire Pro and then sleep. Leion? DLC's got some new moves in it, and a bunch of the official New Japan guys. Word on the street is there's plenty of new edit parts, too, but I'm currently satisfied with how my edits look. So...kind of worth it? But maybe wait for a sale if you've got money woes.

It is now Day Phase Three. With 20 people remaining, its 11 to lynch. You have until 14:30 GMT (9:30 EST) Saturday April 13, to reach a majority decision. If no majority is reached the day will end in a no lynch.

The Archer - 9 (The Two, moon_lit_tears, Too Sweet Spartan, I effin rule, Teh_Showtime, lukess11, Michgcs, Eternal Phoenix, BHK1978 )

djthefunkchris - 1 (djthefunkchris)

No Vote - 10 ( bak42, Bluestar, Destiny, Eliphas, Emark, I effin rule, Imarevenant, Leion, Opulent, Teh_Showtime, The Archer, Zergon, )

Gonna Fire Pro and then sleep. Leion? DLC's got some new moves in it, and a bunch of the official New Japan guys. Word on the street is there's plenty of new edit parts, too, but I'm currently satisfied with how my edits look. So...kind of worth it? But maybe wait for a sale if you've got money woes.

Thanks, will look out for the sale.

Back to the game, as I won't be around by the time the phase ends, I will just drop this now.

Vote: The Archer

Archived