Chaos On The Clarke! [Starship Mafia 1] Game Thread

Rayelek

Guest Eliphas
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>bah... I thought it was something better than that. I don't think (I could be wrong) it's really planting though, I think they are speculating because most don't play as well their first game. I think some people play their best when brand new and no preconceptions are there already.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So you are dismissing what I am saying?</p>

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Eliphas
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes you are, I try to answer all questions. Mind answering mine?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What is that? I have answered questions you have posed already. Did I miss something you asked?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eliphas" data-cite="Eliphas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's not defensive. But I don't think the regular players here realize that this game appears very cliquey. There has been self appointed town core that has basically taken the thread and is pushing the direction of it. And most of you are perfectly willing to allow this to happen. Why that is I don't know. I chalk it up as that's just the way things are done here. <p> </p><p> I just asked a question to moon lit tears. I would like them to answer it. Without someone answering it for them or any interjections from anyone else. I am playing this game too. What I ask may not gel with someone else's theory or follow the town consensus, but it is my right to ask. If there is thought that it isn't then maybe I can understand some things that have taken place already in this game.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I feel bad, I feel like you're getting the wrong impression.</p><p> </p><p> There's nothing wrong with asking a question and looking for an answer, it is helpful to probe around and see what you can figure out in the day. The only challenge is that if the thread stays active, someone may see value in answering your question too. Or asking you a question about your question if there's something to probe to.</p><p> </p><p> But of course you're allowed to ask questions. Can you explain why you feel like you can't?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eliphas" data-cite="Eliphas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's not defensive. But I don't think the regular players here realize that this game appears very cliquey. There has been self appointed town core that has basically taken the thread and is pushing the direction of it. And most of you are perfectly willing to allow this to happen. Why that is I don't know. I chalk it up as that's just the way things are done here. <p> </p><p> I just asked a question to moon lit tears. I would like them to answer it. Without someone answering it for them or any interjections from anyone else. I am playing this game too. What I ask may not gel with someone else's theory or follow the town consensus, but it is my right to ask. If there is thought that it isn't then maybe I can understand some things that have taken place already in this game.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Fair enough, I haven´t even seen mafia played elsewhere and new it to here as well so can´t really say anything about that.</p><p> </p><p> And I wasn´t questioning your right to ask, just felt that specifically asking to reveal a role that took out a townie doesn´t feel like a question that would get a honest answer to me.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So it's not just in my head. Everyone keeps telling me "it's just how he plays"</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't think I've ever played with him, so I can't really speak to his play style. But to me, seems a little scummy.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Imarevenant" data-cite="Imarevenant" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Here is 1 reason: the fact you pop up and get this defensive whenever someone calls you suspicious is a tell in itself.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I’m not trying to be defensive. I’m trying to get people talking. You said it yourself. Conversation can be the biggest tell. I WANT everyone involved. Talking. If you think I’m scum, cool, Vote for me. Talk to me. Get others involved. I’ll answer. I’ll tell you what I can. If that’s not enough fine. But damn don’t let people sit here phase after phase saying little to nothing. I’ll take one for town if it helps, but if you let people drop their votes without saying much we learn very little. You get the. Well we needed a lynch, or seems legit to me. Or my favorite. Thought she was town, but....lame excuse here. </p><p> </p><p> Let me ask you something. </p><p> </p><p> At this minute with the 5 or 6 people putting my name out as scummy, if a flip town who would be on your radar as most scummy?</p>

Guest Eliphas
He has to post a lot more to defend himself and his defenses don’t really give me confidence in him

It’s also likely he has a group if he’s scum as well so there are allies in thread to bounce off and help direct traffic. I’m not drawing a parallel between the styles of the two games but it all started because it was noted that he played very good as inactive scum and he flipped out at the mention of it.

Okay, not having that knowledge to draw upon, if he as scum where is his team? Who is helping him? Who is directing traffic?

From an outsider, it didn't look as though he 'flipped out' because he was caught scum. He seemed to be rather frustrated because he was seemingly being treated differently than others that haven't been as active as players felt they should be. It's rather odd that with everything that has been said about him and the way he plays, he was playing to that meta but that wasn't ok. I admit he was rather aggressive. And he honestly doesn't seem to care for djthefunkchris for whatever reason. I would rather stay out of whatever dynamic exists there.

His frustration showed thru, much like to a lesser extent moon lit tears frustration came out when their name was repeatedly dropped.

Just observing. Like I said there is an interesting dynamic here that wasn't in the first game I played.

Is the dlc good? Thinking of getting it tbh.

Today's payday so I'm buying it. I'll let you know, I guess.

He has posted. And it seems that he hasn't taken the phases off. He just wasn't interacting. I feel slightly better about him for now.

Finally, someone who gets it.

Ah, my bad for not noticing that.

And that's why I only stick to 1 game at a time. Easier to give it your full attention regardless of alignment.

Hell, it's hard enough for me to pay attention to one game. :D

It's not defensive. But I don't think the regular players here realize that this game appears very cliquey. There has been self appointed town core that has basically taken the thread and is pushing the direction of it. And most of you are perfectly willing to allow this to happen. Why that is I don't know. I chalk it up as that's just the way things are done here.

I just asked a question to moon lit tears. I would like them to answer it. Without someone answering it for them or any interjections from anyone else. I am playing this game too. What I ask may not gel with someone else's theory or follow the town consensus, but it is my right to ask. If there is thought that it isn't then maybe I can understand some things that have taken place already in this game.

I dunno about cliquey. I mean, this is my sixth game here. After a while, folks just fall into established patterns. Which I do grant can make it harder for a new player such as yourself. With that said, I'm not one of old school GDS folks, so...maybe a little cliquey, fellas? :p

How you feeling about this day phase, DJ? You got any thoughts at the moment?

Archer and Bak are my top two for scum. I wasn't really leaning as hard on Archer til' he started acting like he did in our other game. Sorry for meta, but I can't help it.

It's not defensive. But I don't think the regular players here realize that this game appears very cliquey. There has been self appointed town core that has basically taken the thread and is pushing the direction of it. And most of you are perfectly willing to allow this to happen. Why that is I don't know. I chalk it up as that's just the way things are done here.
Not necessarily. You could just as easily lead things, I think my first game I kind of started to toward the middle of the game, realizing what my role meant and such, it's something that was expected. BP townies, and PGO's should lead if they have it in them. Should be putting themselves out there where they are the one's being targeted instead of the ones that can be killed. Although, when an SK is around, it doesn't help the BP guy normally.

Here, most are just not posting, and so those that do seem to lead. If you look a bit closer though, there are people looking in totally different directions. That is teamwork...They aren't just following what I, Opulent, or TSS are looking at (if we are the ones you are thinking of when you say lead). They are looking in other directions as well.

Funny thing is, when people post "why are you following X blindly" it's a put down, meant to belittle them as if to say they hadn't weighed any of the thoughts thrown out there and are just doing whatever X is doing. It's actually totally flawed. I haven't played a game yet where that is true for the town players. Honestly, whenever someone brings that up as a defense, it almost always ends up that person is scum. It's a bad defense, unless things have changed (I only played three games counting this one since back, but so far 100% accurate.).

I just asked a question to moon lit tears. I would like them to answer it. Without someone answering it for them or any interjections from anyone else. I am playing this game too. What I ask may not gel with someone else's theory or follow the town consensus, but it is my right to ask. If there is thought that it isn't then maybe I can understand some things that have taken place already in this game.

I shouldn't have jumped in there, sorry about that. I didn't follow my own advice.

I have a reason I asked a question though, it is totally a pro-town reason.

He has to post a lot more to defend himself and his defenses don’t really give me confidence in him

It’s also likely he has a group if he’s scum as well so there are allies in thread to bounce off and help direct traffic. I’m not drawing a parallel between the styles of the two games but it all started because it was noted that he played very good as inactive scum and he flipped out at the mention of it.

I've seen this floated out a lot today. Can someone quote these posts please?

Not doubting it, looking for clarification because I didn't read the interactions this way.

Also, for everyone, if archer is scum, who do you have on his team?

Not doubting it, looking for clarification because I didn't read the interactions this way.

Working on that last question. I tend to agree with you on the first, I didn't take it as totally flipping out. He was trying to offend me, which is his scum play so far. If he flips town, I'll be very surprised.

Eli and EP. Based purely off the last hour. I still think mlt, lukess, and Leion include one scum.

Guest Eliphas
I feel bad, I feel like you're getting the wrong impression.

There's nothing wrong with asking a question and looking for an answer, it is helpful to probe around and see what you can figure out in the day. The only challenge is that if the thread stays active, someone may see value in answering your question too. Or asking you a question about your question if there's something to probe to.

But of course you're allowed to ask questions. Can you explain why you feel like you can't?

Like I said, the game appears to be controlled by a few.

They are free to ask whatever they would like. I just would appreciate if I ask you a question, you are given the opportunity to answer it without having interjections from anyone else. Everyone has their own ways of solving. I would appreciate being given the chance to do mine.

Guest Eliphas
Fair enough, I haven´t even seen mafia played elsewhere and new it to here as well so can´t really say anything about that.

And I wasn´t questioning your right to ask, just felt that specifically asking to reveal a role that took out a townie doesn´t feel like a question that would get a honest answer to me.

Maybe that's why I wanted them to answer. To gauge the reaction.

Guest Eliphas
Archer and Bak are my top two for scum. I wasn't really leaning as hard on Archer til' he started acting like he did in our other game. Sorry for meta, but I can't help it.

Not necessarily. You could just as easily lead things, I think my first game I kind of started to toward the middle of the game, realizing what my role meant and such, it's something that was expected. BP townies, and PGO's should lead if they have it in them. Should be putting themselves out there where they are the one's being targeted instead of the ones that can be killed. Although, when an SK is around, it doesn't help the BP guy normally.

Here, most are just not posting, and so those that do seem to lead. If you look a bit closer though, there are people looking in totally different directions. That is teamwork...They aren't just following what I, Opulent, or TSS are looking at (if we are the ones you are thinking of when you say lead). They are looking in other directions as well.

Funny thing is, when people post "why are you following X blindly" it's a put down, meant to belittle them as if to say they hadn't weighed any of the thoughts thrown out there and are just doing whatever X is doing. It's actually totally flawed. I haven't played a game yet where that is true for the town players. Honestly, whenever someone brings that up as a defense, it almost always ends up that person is scum. It's a bad defense, unless things have changed (I only played three games counting this one since back, but so far 100% accurate.).

I shouldn't have jumped in there, sorry about that. I didn't follow my own advice.

I have a reason I asked a question though, it is totally a pro-town reason.

I am going to be honest. When you respond to what I post, it feels very dismissive. Maybe you don't mean to be, maybe you do I don't know. But that's the way it feels. I give you that you may have played many more games than I have and you know and have experience with the players here, I am not questioning that. Maybe my questions are ignorant or way off base. I don't know. But they are what crosses my mind that I want to know the answers to.

And I had a reason for asking that question too. Hence the asking of it.

I like this question. For me, I'm assuming 5 person team. Nothing to back that up but last game I underestimated so I'd rather overestimate this time to be safe:

1. Archer

2. Mich

3. Bak

4. Eliphas or Blue

5. Leion? EP? I don't have much of an idea.

At this point, this is where I'm at if I had to guess full team right now.

Guest Eliphas
Working on that last question. I tend to agree with you on the first, I didn't take it as totally flipping out. He was trying to offend me, which is his scum play so far. If he flips town, I'll be very surprised.

On this point because it's not the first time you have mentioned it. Wasn't that going both ways?

Guest Eliphas
Eli and EP. Based purely off the last hour. I still think mlt, lukess, and Leion include one scum.

Reasoning? Because I offer a differing view to the accepted consensus?

Guest Eliphas
The way I'm seeing things, everytime the town starts to lean a direction, it's getting filled with these kind of posts. New guy or not, no one is leading this town... it's a cluster.....

IF it were being led, people would be getting lynched.

Unless those leading are the ones needing to be lynched.

I am going to be honest. When you respond to what I post, it feels very dismissive. Maybe you don't mean to be, maybe you do I don't know. But that's the way it feels. I give you that you may have played many more games than I have and you know and have experience with the players here, I am not questioning that. Maybe my questions are ignorant or way off base. I don't know. But they are what crosses my mind that I want to know the answers to.

And I had a reason for asking that question too. Hence the asking of it.

I don't think that's the intention, DJ is a good guy. I think you're both just following separate leads. But don't feel like your questions are any less valid or important than his, mine, or anyone else's. They're good questions, but they just kind of came out of nowhere which is why I think they got the reaction they did.

And for the record: Scum or not, I do think you're playing well this game. If you are being coached, it is coming off more natural than it should. And if you aren't, you're picking up things pretty quickly. So props.

um then he prob wouldnt have forgotten.

“If I didn’t have a boring role I would pay more attention” doesn’t exactly scream town to me. If you’re vanilla your best (only) asset is posting and voting. That is something you acknowledge upon getting your role PM.

/smh 2 phases and yall have nothing. some people refuse to play until day 3 and thats ok. but i go on vacation and im the best u can come up with to lynch?

Also should be worth nothing the disassociation from the town in general (y’all), not voting anyone himself, and just generally going against the town as opposed to working with the town.

then lets lynch lukes.

Hounds Lukess pretty much the entire time and even calls for a lynch on him, without taking I initiative and putting a vote out there. Why?

Scum typically aren't going to start or finish a bandwagon, instead they try to hide in the middle to "add pressure". With the amount of people we currently have, I'd say look in the 3 to 7 range. 3 is the magic number when you typically see scum jumping on.

This is if the lynchee is town, if scum then it is a different situation

preach!

Would fall in line with this train of thought

My vote stays where it’s at

Archived