Effingham Heights: A Game of Homes Mafia Game Thread

i effin rule

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Derek B" data-cite="Derek B" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>THAT WASN'T A BOTCH!!!<p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#2E8B57;">SECOND: Too Sweet Spartan</span></strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's fine, you didn't add any extra /qoutes in there.</p>

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p><strong>It is Day 3. You have until 2:00pm EDT on Monday, June 3rd (7:00 pm GMT) to make nominations. Your elected officials have decided to enact a rule allowing them to decide who is lynched. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the phase will be lynched. The phase can end early in the event of a unanimous decision.</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Nominations</span></strong></p><p>

<em><strong>djthefunkchris: 3 (Emark, Memory of Talon, Destiny)</strong></em></p><p>

Emark: 2 (Tha Black Phenom, Teh_Showtime)</p><p>

Too Sweet Spartan: 2 (Zergon, Derek B)</p><p>

<strong><em>Memory of Talon: 3 (lukess11, Crychon, Too Sweet Spartan)</em></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Lynch</span></strong></p><p>

Rabbitman: 1 (Memory of Talon)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Too Sweet Spartan" data-cite="Too Sweet Spartan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Good news, bad news:<p> </p><p> Good news- have a final round job interview tomorrow.</p><p> </p><p> Bad news- It will take up most of my day. So I won't be able to contribute before end of day phase. Best of luck, council, this obviously isn't an easy vote.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Best of luck!!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FellaLibby" data-cite="FellaLibby" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="color:#2E8B57;">Third: Two Sweet Spartan</span></strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#2E8B57;">Third: Too Sweet Spartan</span></strong></p><p> I've botched.</p>

Guest Memory of Talon

<p>Tomorrow is monday and the day phase ends while I'm at work. </p><p> </p><p>

At best I might be able to check in from time to time and then come in at lunch to make a final vote. I may also be available a little bit before work in the morning. </p><p> </p><p>

After all the options we've discussed I still feel Rabbitman might be the best way to go. He's been given quite some time to come around and even after his little pop up I still don't feel good about him. At best we may catch scum, but honestly even if he ends up ultimately being a mislynch then his absence would be a liability in the future.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Memory of Talon" data-cite="Memory of Talon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Tomorrow is monday and the day phase ends while I'm at work. <p> </p><p> At best I might be able to check in from time to time and then come in at lunch to make a final vote. I may also be available a little bit before work in the morning. </p><p> </p><p> After all the options we've discussed I still feel Rabbitman might be the best way to go. He's been given quite some time to come around and even after his little pop up I still don't feel good about him. At best we may catch scum, but honestly even if he ends up ultimately being a mislynch then his absence would be a liability in the future.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is probably where I will go too. Seeing as we only have three votes, I don't want to go after someone questionable. Rabbit has had his chance to defend himself and failed. Will place my vote in an hour or two before I go to bed.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eliphas" data-cite="Eliphas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Or it would be a way to gain early control of the flow of the game/thread. I don't have to be correct. Just pointed out that it pinged me. No need to get defensive.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eliphas" data-cite="Eliphas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You are awful silver tongued, you will understand that I could never trust you to serve my best interests on the council.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Still think the first was a bad over-read at absolute best and the second is kind of strangely put.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eliphas" data-cite="Eliphas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>We are 28 hours away from the EOD. I don't understand why he is fretting over votes that probably will not matter when it comes down to it. If they are joke votes I would have to assume that they would be changed between now and the EOD.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> We don't know this for certain. Also no fretting? You seemed to be fretting over nothing of any concern before.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Destiny" data-cite="Destiny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Eliphas why did you wait for me to change my vote from cappyboy to put your vote on? Seems a bit strange.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eliphas" data-cite="Eliphas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What's strange about it? I just signed on and caught up. What you did has no bearing on me atp.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't think that was adequately dealt with. Even if your other sentences were true, how could you not see, in reflection that one might later think it strange?</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eliphas" data-cite="Eliphas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="color:#008000;">Third:Crychon</span></strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Now you've got me back on being interested in Crychon again. Something I'll try to keep an eye on.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rabbitman" data-cite="Rabbitman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> Curious as to why Eliphas. The other 2 I can see, including me obviously but why Eliphas exactly? I've not been able to lock them in as town but scum, not sure exactly</p><p> </p><p> I'll probably be around, for a little longer, until sleep catches up with me. Busy-ish day tomorrow but there might be patches of time I can find through the day.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Memory of Talon" data-cite="Memory of Talon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> I can't get a good read on rabbitman even after his posts this phase. I'm not really satisfied with what he's posted so far but I can gleem some small things from it. He seems to be making a subtle push on Emark, but the problem with me for that is that I think I know what emark is and therefor think he's town. </p><p> </p><p> I now somewhat pair Eliphas together with Rabbitman for scum team 1.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tha Black Phenom" data-cite="Tha Black Phenom" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Pretty much process of elimination, upon knowing there are two scum teams. Quite frankly, he hasn't given me any reason to wholesomely trust him. He's been active and forthcoming about his thoughts but slightly non committal in terms of who he distrusts or would like to lynch, other than nominating players for the council. Although not necessarily a scummy tell in itself, he also entertained the idea of making a deal with eayragt.<p> </p><p> Granted, this phase he said he'd be AWOL for a bit so even if I could vote, I'd wait to hear him out first. But I would like to know more about his role down the stretch.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You seem to have misread my intentions with Eliphas question. I wasn't fishing for information on why someone would suspect a scum teammate, I was operating under a suspicion of eliphas and TBP was the first to seemingly share those concerns. I was essentially going for a two-fer, does TBP see what I see and does it help me in what I think about them because I wasn't able to get the strongest read on TBP.</p><p> </p><p> Also the Emark push? Nothing subtle intended there. If I had the power to lynch 3 players and was essentially forced to do so, Emark would be one of them. I exercised caution before because there is a chance emark was not lying about being in a write-up. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Destiny" data-cite="Destiny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As others have said, Rabbitman didn't stick around long enough to answer questions. It's also true that it could become a liability later in the game where the people we are unsure of is whittling down and we need numbers for votes.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It was about 2am when I crashed.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'll probably be around, for a little longer, until sleep catches up with me. Busy-ish day tomorrow but there might be patches of time I can find through the day.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I was around for about 2 hours after that and answered a couple of questions but I crashed and if I'd been asked more, during that time, I'd have answered them as well. As I could get back online proper I did. Sure partially my fault for making a comeback post around midnight but I was doing prep-work for that post for a while beforehand.</p>

<p><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Paulie Diggle, Effingham Heights Aligned Professional Podcaster</span></strong> I was debating internally about whether to play coy on that, for a bit longer but suggesting I was going to keep an eye on the guy who could now lynch me probably would make any more messing around a mistake.</p><p> </p><p>

I'd look into Eliphas first up. The one that's stood out the most to me. I was wrong about Crychon in Sunset Mafia, even though he stuck out a mile to me back then but I gotta learn to trust my instincts again. Although it's hard to retrain my brain after the BigSheep mislynch on ewb a time ago, made me more frightened of the consequences of being wrong than the rewards of being right.</p>

<p><strong>It is Day 3. You have until 2:00pm EDT on Monday, June 3rd (7:00 pm GMT) to make nominations. Your elected officials have decided to enact a rule allowing them to decide who is lynched. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the phase will be lynched. The phase can end early in the event of a unanimous decision.</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Nominations</span></strong></p><p>

<em><strong>djthefunkchris: 3 (Emark, Memory of Talon, Destiny)</strong></em></p><p>

Emark: 2 (Tha Black Phenom, Teh_Showtime)</p><p>

<strong><em>Too Sweet Spartan: 3 (Zergon, Derek B, FellaLibby)</em></strong></p><p>

<strong><em>Memory of Talon: 3 (lukess11, Crychon, Too Sweet Spartan)</em></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Lynch</span></strong></p><p>

Rabbitman: 2 (Memory of Talon, lukess11)</p>

<p>I suppose it could be spun that way. I know that it can be rather useful though. </p><p> </p><p>

What will essentially happen is that when I eventually decide to hold the party it'll mass protect everyone I invite. Was trying to keep it under wraps until I'd gotten a few people to come. Like if I waited a few nights and got a bunch of people I could theoretically be the cause of a no-kill night.</p>

<p>Full disclosure. Targeted Fella Libby Night 1, wasn't completely sure how it was all going to work and didn't want to mess up a potential town leader's game so early. Got a message that he'd be happy to attend.</p><p> </p><p>

Night 2, feeling a bit more confident, I assumed the obvious protection targets would be safe and I had a good feeling on Talon but there were apparently shenanigans of some kind and I got my invite sent back(return to sender).</p>