lukess11

Too Sweet Spartan

Crychon

Derek_B

Possible Scum

Eliphas / michgcs

Leion

In that order.

Two groups of 4 scum is too many for a 25 person game. Last game was also 25 and had a total of 6 scum, so I was thinking two groups of 3 .I am also willing to lynch leion.

Change vote: Leion

Also, in mafia terms, masons know that the person they are in communication with are town, while neighbors don't. It sounds to me like you guys have been neighborhood rather than masonized.

Change vote: Leion I'm also willing to go in this direction. Leion, are you Effingham Heights Aligned?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is now Day 4. You have until 9:00pm EDT (2:00am GMT) on Thursday, June 6th to vote and make nominations. The player with the most votes at the end of the phase will be lynched. The council enacted a rule making them immune to lynching for this phase.

Nominations

Destiny: 2 (lukess11, Memory of Talon)

Lynch

Leion: 2 (Memory of Talon, Destiny)

I think this is right... please correct it if I have made any mistakes.

Phase One:

Nominations

Destiny: 3 (eayragt, Destiny, Memory of Talon)

Derek B: 3 (Derek B, djthefunkchris, Emark)

Rayalek: 1 (Rayelek)

lukess11: 2 (lukess11, Too Sweet Spartan)

Bluestar: 1 (Eternal Phoenix)

Rabbitman: 1 (Tha Black Phenom)

Memory of Talon: 3 (Leion, Eliphas/michgcs, FellaLibby)

Lynch

Bluestar: 2 (Memory of Talon, DeadCeleb)

Memory of Talon: 2 (Leion, Eternal Phoenix)

EddieFnG: 4 (Derek B, Rayelek, Destiny, eayragt)

cappyboy: 1 (Eliphas/michgcs)

Phase Two:

Nominations

lukess11: 3 (lukess11, Tha Black Phenom, FellaLibby)

Destiny: 1 (Destiny)

Memory of Talon: 3 (Crychon, Leion, Zergon)

Crychon: 3 (Memory of Talon, DeadCeleb, Eliphas/michgcs)

Derek B: 1 (Too Sweet Spartan)

DeadCeleb: 2 (Emark, cappyboy)

Lynch

eayragt: 10 (DeadCeleb, Emark, Tha Black Phenom, Destiny, Teh_Showtime, Memory of Talon, cappyboy, Eliphas/michgs, FellaLibby, djthefunkchris)

FellaLibby: 1 (lukess11)

Phase 3:

Nominations

djthefunkchris: 3 (Emark, Memory of Talon, Destiny)

Emark: 2 (Tha Black Phenom, Teh_Showtime)

Too Sweet Spartan: 3 (Zergon, Derek B, FellaLibby)

Memory of Talon: 3 (lukess11, Crychon, Too Sweet Spartan)

Lynch

Rabbitman: 1 (Memory of Talon)

Zergon: 2 (lukess11, Crychon)

It is now Day 4. You have until 9:00pm EDT (2:00am GMT) on Thursday, June 6th to vote and make nominations. The player with the most votes at the end of the phase will be lynched. The council enacted a rule making them immune to lynching for this phase.

Nominations

Destiny: 2 (lukess11, Memory of Talon)

Lynch

You missed my vote in the middle of my wall of text. I don't blame you :p

First off:

Updated Noms and Votes:

Phase One:

Nominations

Destiny: 3 (eayragt, Destiny, Memory of Talon)

Derek B: 3 (Derek B, djthefunkchris, Emark)

Rayalek: 1 (Rayelek)

lukess11: 2 (lukess11, Too Sweet Spartan)

Bluestar: 1 (Eternal Phoenix)

Rabbitman: 1 (Tha Black Phenom)

Memory of Talon: 3 (Leion, Eliphas, FellaLibby)

Lynch

Bluestar: 2 (Memory of Talon, DeadCeleb)

Memory of Talon: 2 (Leion, Eternal Phoenix)

EddieFnG: 4 (Derek B, Rayelek, Destiny, eayragt)

cappyboy: 1 (Eliphas)

Phase Two:

Nominations

lukess11: 3 (lukess11, Tha Black Phenom, FellaLibby)

Destiny: 1 (Destiny)

Memory of Talon: 3 (Crychon, Leion, Zergon)

Crychon: 3 (Memory of Talon, DeadCeleb, Eliphas)

Derek B: 1 (Too Sweet Spartan)

DeadCeleb: 2 (Emark, cappyboy)

Lynch

eayragt: 10 (DeadCeleb, Emark, Tha Black Phenom, Destiny, Teh_Showtime, Memory of Talon, cappyboy, Eliphas, FellaLibby, djthefunkchris)

FellaLibby: 1 (lukess11)

Phase Three:

Nominations

djthefunkchris: 3 (Emark, Memory of Talon, Destiny)

Emark: 2 (Tha Black Phenom, Teh_Showtime)

Too Sweet Spartan: 3 (Zergon, Derek B, FellaLibby)

Memory of Talon: 3 (lukess11, Crychon, Too Sweet Spartan)

Lynch

Zergon: 3 (lukess11, Memory of Talon, Crychon)

Second off:

Write Up analysis -

Lights! Music! Fun! There has been nothing in Effingham Heights like this for at least a week, maybe even 10 days. Two figures can be seen inside, partaking in all sorts of debauchery.

This makes me feel better about Rabbitman. He said he targeted Fella Libby and by the way he described it, it shouldn't have worked if FL was scum, right? So I feel better about FL too.

She was elbow deep in ass, literally. That could explain why she never noticed the girl behind her. The girl pounced, throwing the woman face first into the corpse. Suddenly a hand starts beating the girl in the back of the head. The hand is attached to an arm that is no longer attached to a body, the woman feverishly pelting the perpetrator with palm strike pugilism. The girl pays it no mind, she knows what needs to be done. With a quick motion the girl lunges an ink pen into Emark’s carotid. It won’t take long now.

Voice: Well this is an interesting turn of events.

The voice rings out in the quiet of the night. Teh_Showtime turns around just in time to greet a bullet with her face. He body falls down onto Emark’s, on top of another pile of bodies. The one responsible for the voice slowly walks off into the darkness.

This reads to me like Showtime killed Emark and then scum killed Showtime. Am I interpreting this wrong? Or was Emark a vig kill? It feels weird to me for a "student intern" to be a vig.

Now, with all of that out of the way:

Well that's the thing for me too. You are the only reason I don't think Derek is scum at this point. So it looks like we have a lot of mutual worries.

I think if we lynch scum today we both might be able to take a breather, but right now things feel quite dire.

On that note.

Vote: Eliphas

A very quick vote for Eliphas to start the phase. Justified as:

To drop off day 3 the way he has shoots him to the top of my list. Also what, he drops in to say that he needs someone to fill him in and then disappears when you are available to ask him a question?

When there was only 6 mins at that point between DJ's question and the vote. Things feel weird here.

Eliphas has been replaced by michgcs effective immediately.

Sad to see Eliphas go, always enjoy playing with him.

Of everyone left, Destiny is most scummy to me. Most of the people I was iffy on have been confirmed town. The only ones I am unsure of is Spartan and Destiny and am willing to vote for either.

In regards to me: We revealed the council votes and MoT, DJ, and I are lynchproof this day phase. So regardless of your thoughts, it wouldn't make sense as a direction this day phase.

In regards to Destiny: ...Hmm.

It's a 50/50 chance my vote counts. Today, it won't. I can nominate but not vote when it doesn't count.

I'll be paying attention to votes today and where yours ends up. We'll see how truthful this is.

Nominate: Destiny

Off to bed I go

Lukess' opinions are changing very rapidly this entire game. This particular reason is because he got the point but... he's been very inconsistent with who he thinks is scum, who he proclaims he will vote for, and where his vote actually ends up.

Before not being around as much gets thrown at me again, I want to make it clear that I've been working the last 5 or 6 days straight and my laptop was out of commission at the start of this game so a lot of Day 3 was spent taking proper notes so that I could actually pull my hunches and suspicions together. DJ can confirm that, we've been masoned together since Night 1 where someone put us together, which is in the write up here.....

I'd been curious about what happened there but figured being quiet was the right call. Glad to finally have an answer, even if it means DJ is apparently going to mason with everyone. I thought what we had was special. :(

GROUP 1: Destiny, lukess11, Leion?,

Their interactions feel odd to me, and they have been too linked when it comes to nominations and the like. The fact that they've all been setting me off with red flags combined with that, makes me think they are together. Destiny has given NOTHING so far, lukess11 ability seems to be less than ability that only does anbything when it suits him and Leion seems to be almost non existent in this game, only popping up to prop up MoT and use my own technique of fake outrage to try to flush out a protector after DeadCeleb died.

I put Leion in this group but there is a chance he's in the second.

GROUP 2: Tha Black Phenom, Memory Of Talon, Leion?

The links here are less strong BUT I've been getting bad vibes from MoT for a long time, and part of that is because he seems to be buddying up to DJ and they share a lot of similar thoughts. When someone I think is scummy buddies up to someone else, that set off a lot o warning bells. Doing so publicly makes me think they aren't aligned.... and it's possible I'm getting the two of them back to front and it's DJ buddying up to MoT... but either way, I think one of them are scum. Not that we can do anything about those two today as both were on the previous council and are currently unlynchable.

With that in mind.....

VOTE: Leion

...I feel like you're 95% right and 5% wrong and Leion is the stickler for me. I don't really get much of a scum vibe from him.

But I mostly like your pairings, with the exception that I think MoT is aligned with Destiny and I'm not sure if Lukess is on their team or the opposite. I'll be real, I think Lukess is the play today. He's raised a lot of red flags: inconsistent with reads, quick to back off when pushed back at, not following the thread (didn't realize council was safe from votes), self-nominating for council, and other questionable decisions.

If not Lukess, Destiny.

But this phase feels like a crucial one and I think its time we address the scummy elephants in the room in those two.

That being said, pressure on Leion is still good. There's still a lot of unanswered stuff regarding him and I think more insight would be helpful.

Nominations

Destiny: 3 (lukess11, Memory of Talon, djthefunkchris)

Lynch

Where's this coming from? You believe the claim? Because I feel like you and MoT were the ones emphasizing how scummy Destiny had been prior to this day phase?

Yes, I believe his claim now. I was so confused when he went from "LYNCH DJ" to voting me into the council. After Derek's revelation (that he didn't share until today), I started piecing a couple of things together. I answered his question, the only reason he voted me in. He wasn't following MoT or someone else like I originally thought, nor was he buddying up to me.

I will be off to work very soon, and wanted to go ahead and support the D-Man before I go.

Yes, I believe his claim now. I was so confused when he went from "LYNCH DJ" to voting me into the council. After Derek's revelation (that he didn't share until today), I started piecing a couple of things together. I answered his question, the only reason he voted me in. He wasn't following MoT or someone else like I originally thought, nor was he buddying up to me.

I will be off to work very soon, and wanted to go ahead and support the D-Man before I go.

Alright, if the people I'm trusting are trusting Destiny... then maybe my read is wrong and I'm tunneling too hard. Because I've felt he is scum for a while.

Before you go, just to confirm: are you and Derek are neighbor'ed together?

This reads to me like Showtime killed Emark and then scum killed Showtime. Am I interpreting this wrong? Or was Emark a vig kill? It feels weird to me for a "student intern" to be a vig.

This is how I read it, as well. Maybe the intern learned a new skill?

Sad to see Eliphas go, always enjoy playing with him.

Ditto. Hope everything's fine or on track to being fine with him.

Alright, thanks.

I think the right call for the moment then would be waiting on Leion to respond to the votes/reads against him.

It's 11PM here right now so if he's telling the truth and his home internet is down, we might not see him come online until like 10hrs from now?

It's 11PM here right now so if he's telling the truth and his home internet is down, we might not see him come online until like 10hrs from now?

Well in that case, no reason for the thread to stagnate while we wait.

Coming into the game now: What's your perspective? Anyone standing out to you as particularly scummy?

Well in that case, no reason for the thread to stagnate while we wait.

Coming into the game now: What's your perspective? Anyone standing out to you as particularly scummy?

Derek had me convinced that Destiny was scummy but with this whole exchange with dj, I'm not so sure anymore. Going by the numbers TBP posted, there's 12 people left.

I'm town, Rabbitman and Fella Libby are all but confirmed, you (TSS) and Destiny have a town lean ATM (assuming Destiny's not playing us with a fake claim)... that's 5. If both Derek and dj are town, that's 7.

Which makes a combo of Leion, MoT, TBP, Crychon, and lukess as the remaining scum?

The problem I have with Destiny right now is I don't know how many people he can clear or has cleared.

lukess is a very hard read for me.

I'm not sold on there being 6 scum left; maybe 5? 4 seems to be too few.

TSS, how about an updated list from you with your reads and whatnot? Also, am I the only one who doesn't know what hardly anyone else is actually doing at night?

I don't have a night action. I think lukess said he doesn't, either. Rabbitman appears to have used up his action? TSS I know nothing about LOL

I can be even more open now, yes it was a one off mass protect/roleblock.

Targeted Fella Libby to test how it would all come up, then once I had a handle on it, I targeted Talon to protect him, because I thought Talon was playing pretty well but that ended up going nowhere as we know.

Fella at the very least is not responsible for either of those kills last night.

Fairly certain that I could have been killed and the party called off.

Town

24. FellaLibby-Technically there's enough apparent scum left for it not to be 100% but my gut tells me that I can trust you now.

Probably Town

05. Derek_B

19. Memory of Talon-I kind of like that you two seem to be making things happening or at least trying to do so.

Town-ish

06. Destiny-You wouldn't know him but I now think you're doing what SeanD'Man did in a mafia game I played once. Deliberately weird

07. djthefunkchris-Kind of like Derek B and Talon, with a bit of Destiny thrown in. Not enough to clear you but you don't deserved to be in the scum list for sure.

Neutral

01. lukess11- I thought I had a read on you but not as sure now, I think I got you confused with someone else. Numbers might see you scum in the wash up but you're definitely not a priority for today.

11. Crychon-I'm not advocating a lynch today. Mostly here on a basis of numbers and not a strong enough feeling to rank you higher.

13. Too Sweet Spartan-I do not think you've played badly nor paticularly scummy, I'm just feeling players above you more and poe and all that.

20. Leion-You're in neutral because I think you played a part in my survival. Mistake? Maybe but you're under pressure now and if you handle yourself well it might see you live another day.

Scum

15. Tha Black Phenom-More awkwardness seeing as you have me neutral and it could partially be viewed as hypocritical with my overall play but in your posts I'm mostly sensing vagueness, fluff and the admittedly odd decent post but with numbers as they are, someone has to be scum and I'm more confident taking a shot at you, than most of them.

16. Eliphas / michgcs-Still my top suspect, despite the change over. You're in an unenviable position and for even being willing to step in and take on this, is a credit to you.

Just saw this one. Groups of three sounds very small for groups.... Iv'e played (and modded) games with 25 people and two teams of 4. The Carnival game recently was one and original Video Game mafia was one too.

Does Grey Dog Mafia have a percentage of scum, that is generally accepted? I think on EWB it was thought that anything over 33% scum is too much but anything under 25% scum is too little. 33% would mean 8 and that 6 are left.

I suppose that could mean, by poe, if myself and the people I at least have partial town feelings on are town, then everyone below that line is scum. Of course life isn't meant to be that easy and I'd be surprised if one of my possible townies isn't scum pulling the wool over my eyes.

Can we take anything from the council members seeming not to screw with us or is that just down to not really being able to and getting away with it?

Questions for michgcs. Might be difficult to answer but what do you make of Phenom essentially being the first to really voice suspicion on your previous self, see anything in that? Do you think the suspicion on you is mostly fair considering the circumstances?

Question for Phenom, is your preference for Leion or michgcs today?

Questions for Leion, can you see a scenario where either Phenom or michgcs are town? Do you suspect anyone as much as others seem to suspect you or them?

Archived