Effingham Heights: A Game of Homes Mafia Game Thread

i effin rule

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p><em>Another day and another session of the Effingham Heights Homeowners Association. The three elected officials began to gather what was left of the community.</em></p><p><em>

</em></p><p>

<strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Council Person 1: Alright, so we’ve left things in the hands of a small vocal group and watched them kill them. We then opted for a more democratic approach, and still yet a killing. Then we left it up to the people you put in charge, and still a death.</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">

</span></strong></p><p>

<strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Council Person 2: So we’ve decided that you’re probably just going to kill someone so go ahead.</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">

</span></strong></p><p>

<strong><span style="color:#800080;">Council Person 3: As long as you aren’t killing us, we’re good. </span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="color:#800080;">

</span></strong></p><p>

<em>Immediately accusations flew around the room and no one was safe. It took hours, and some people voting for nearly everyone in the room, to finally come to the decision that </em><em><strong>Tha Black Phenom</strong></em><em> needed to be dealt with. He tried to please his case, but they would not hear it. The community descended upon him like a bunch of bloodthirsty hounds. When it was all said an done no one really understood how he died, they just knew he was dead.</em></p><p><em>

</em></p><p>

<strong>Tha Black Phenom is dead</strong>. He was <strong>Scott Beaufort, Scarpa Family Aligned Marketing Consultant.</strong></p>

<p><strong>It is Night 4. You have until 9:00pm EDT (2:00am GMT) on Friday, June 7th to send any abilities to both i effin rule and Imarevenant. Elected officials must submit their votes prior to the phase ending.</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Destiny" data-cite="Destiny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Options are 25% to lynch during the next day phase or skip the day phase. Seems like the former is the better idea here.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This one is tough. With only 25%, scum would be able to rush a lynch and almost win the game. Maybe skipping a day might be more beneficial as it would save maybe one person for the next day.</p>

At least two people will die at night if both teams have kills. That would mean four deaths before we had the chance to lynch anyone. Assuming we can get all townies on at daybreak we could stop a rush on a townie happening.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Destiny" data-cite="Destiny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>At least two people will die at night if both teams have kills. That would mean four deaths before we had the chance to lynch anyone. Assuming we can get all townies on at daybreak we could stop a rush on a townie happening.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, we couldn't. If scum coordinate a lynch like we did last game, it could end the minute the phase begins.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Destiny" data-cite="Destiny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What's to stop townies doing the same thing? We can discuss during the night phase who we're going to lynch.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Who do you want to lynch then? I have made it clear Libby is my only strong lead this game.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lukess11" data-cite="lukess11" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Who do you want to lynch then? I have made it clear Libby is my only strong lead this game.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Read instead of lead</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Destiny" data-cite="Destiny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's a strange role to have though and I find it hard to put 100 percent trust into anyone. Rabbitman who do you think we should lynch tomorrow?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Is the one thats not the killer out of Libby and Lukes town? I think that's the case. Finding out the killer among them will be key. Unless of course other events unfold.</p><p> </p><p> I can name a few others that from poe almost have to be scum but we pretty much know one of lukess or libby is. So taking a shot at any of the rest of them could be dangerous.</p><p> </p><p> My view on the council power is, the 25% would be a bad idea if the other one wasn't several shades worse. A chance of a scum rush versus another likely 2 deaths. No brainer.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rabbitman" data-cite="Rabbitman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is the one thats not the killer out of Libby and Lukes town? I think that's the case. Finding out the killer among them will be key. Unless of course other events unfold.<p> </p><p> I can name a few others that from poe almost have to be scum but we pretty much know one of lukess or libby is. So taking a shot at any of the rest of them could be dangerous.</p><p> </p><p> My view on the council power is, the 25% would be a bad idea if the other one wasn't several shades worse. A chance of a scum rush versus another likely 2 deaths. No brainer.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If it's a scum rush, we lose 5 townies. If we skip a day, we might lose 4 if protections aren't used.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FellaLibby" data-cite="FellaLibby" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I die this night phase you know whose to blame. *takes a drink*</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Why would I kill you? Would ensure my death next phase.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lukess11" data-cite="lukess11" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why would I kill you? Would ensure my death next phase.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Better question. How could you kill me if thats all you claim to be. I can't kill you even if I wanted to. Know why? Because I'm not one of them. And you just want me gone even though I've done nothing to you prior to this day phase. You've wanted me gone since my mistake, and the only person to not forgive me for it. Why? Because I act scummy? Scummy how? It was a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes for trusting the liars. And you won't forgive it. The ONLY person. To not forgive.</p><p> </p><p> I also, used my ability. When its day phase and I'm alive? I'll tell who I protected.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FellaLibby" data-cite="FellaLibby" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46676" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Better question. How could you kill me if thats all you claim to be. I can't kill you even if I wanted to. Know why? Because I'm not one of them. And you just want me gone even though I've done nothing to you prior to this day phase. You've wanted me gone since my mistake, and the only person to not forgive me for it. Why? Because I act scummy? Scummy how? It was a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes for trusting the liars. And you won't forgive it. The ONLY person. To not forgive.<p> </p><p> I also, used my ability. When its day phase and I'm alive? I'll tell who I protected.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I can't kill you. You brought that up. You have been acting weird all game. I don't care about that mistake. You haven't been helpful at all. Even misunderstanding your role, you should have used it once. Bragging about using a protection is only showing how bad you have played this game.</p>

I can't kill you. You brought that up. You have been acting weird all game. I don't care about that mistake. You haven't been helpful at all. Even misunderstanding your role, you should have used it once. Bragging about using a protection is only showing how bad you have played this game.

Bragging. You call my sudden realization of what my role is, bragging. Right. Ok. I'm going to sleep. Goodnight.

DJ what do you think the council should choose? Also, Libby, if lukesss is scum I doubt he would kill you tonight because he seems to be pushing for your lynch.

I'm going to be honest with you Destiny. It's a tough call, and just like I said before. Good/not to bad, not to bad/bad, Bad / Bad, Worse / Worse.

I can't remember what game it was, but I remember that happening on that one that had this as well (a council type thing). I don't remember it being THIS bad, but I remember not really wanting to be one of the people having to make the decision.

It's a horrible position for us either way.

Confirming the policy options that Destiny said. :)

And we're definitely going for the lynch option. Destiny has it right, in that if we go for a day skip we're just going to brutalise the town with no opportunity for firing back. This also reflects what I said when I had the same option on night 1.... it was an okay option to use back then, but later in the game it was an absolute no no. As also said, there's a chance that there is a scum rush on the votes next phase but that is unavoidable. These options are horrible. Thanks IER. :p

lukess11 is very obviously scum, it's just a matter of which side he is on at this point. One of FellaLibby or lukess11 are Vainglory Realty aligned for sure, being the killer that was blocked on N3. lukess11 may not be the killer, but he's also unaccounted for in any other way and his voting history is suuuuuper scummy looking. I hope TSS posts an updated version of that to highlight it a bit more as I don't quite have the time just now to do that and it would be very late in the phase before I could do it. :)

I'm still operating under the principle that 5 of the remaining players are scum (was 6 before we lynched) until proven otherwise. It would be weird for the two scum teams to have different numbers of players to start with, and there wouldn't be enough scum for a 25 player game if there were only 3 on each team to start with (less than 25%, with a chance to kill each other). The only way either team can defeat the other is for them to hit each other at some point with the time remaining in this game, but town are indeed in a rough spot unless some things start to go our way. Here is who I think is where at this point, though I appreciate that others may have other opinions on the matter. :)

TOWN: Derek B, Destiny, Too Sweet Spartan,

PROBABLY TOWN: Crychon, djthefunkchris, Eliphas/michgcs, Rabbitman,

SCARPA: Memory Of Talon, Leion,

REALTY: lukess11 , FellaLibby, +1 (from the probably town group)

And before anyone asks, I have reasons for putting people in the probably town. The top 3 are people I trust to be town more than anything in this game, they are who I would put on the council every day until the end of this game at this point. The group of probably town has to contain 1 scum for my numbers to add up, so some folks with less strong reasons to support have been thrown in there.

More posts to come. :)

Next day phase I recommend the following....

1. We have to lynch whatever scum team is BIGGER, unless we can eliminate a team entirely. (So... Realty group probably. Keep an eye on numbers)

2. No-one should place any votes until we hear from everyone, so give it at least 24 hours.

3. Anyone placing an early vote should be considered scum.

These rules give the town the best possible chance of winning, and protect us from scum taking control of the vote. It doesn't matter what information comes to light, we need to give the entire game time to think about it before any votes come in as that could be all it takes to end the phase with a bad result. New information needs to be talked over and looked at. This is about game discipline and making sure we do things right. I've seen games lost by the town before because people didn't follow rules like this when it mattered so we need to stay disciplined as the margins in this game are super tight.

I'm also going to repost this a million time. There will be no excuses for missing it. :p

Archived