Popularity Spillover

Perhaps this would be better suited to the suggestions forum, but it's just something I find interesting.

Starting at 0 popularity, I've gotten my home region up to an E+; specifically a 31.1% popularity. Spillover has given me a couple F+s (12.2). It's also has some lesser spillovers, 4.8%, 1.9%, 0.6% and 0.5%. That's all in America.

Interestingly, Every region in Britain, Mexico, Japan, Europe, and Australia is at 1.4%. Canada has at least 1.4% in every region.

So, I find it interesting that popularity in other areas of the world has spillover values that are higher than some of the regions in my home area. Yes, Puerto Rico and Hawaii are two of those regions, but so is the South West. I would think that if my spillover in all other parts of the world is at a certain level, then all regions in my home area would be at least that level.

Thoughts?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="K-Nection" data-cite="K-Nection" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46705" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>One of the very reasons I particularly hate about region battles is what you just layed out here. Personally dont think a battle should even occur unless there was an event held in the region.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I feel the same but I think it’s an artificial measure to make sure everyone doesn’t hit cult like some earlier games.</p>

Nope. No regional battles in the low-pop regions. Just that they're in spillover-of-spillover-of-spillover location. So they're getting like 20% of 20% of 40% of my home region, whereas all the other regions are getting 20% of the US Average.

<p>At this point, I have indeed held one show outside of Tri-State, but only the one, and I did it after the pop counts above. DVD distribution is in play, but as far as I can tell, that shouldn't affect popularity in the negative in any way.</p><p> </p><p>

Until recently, I was only in regional battles in Tri-State. It's now spread to Tri-State, Great Lakes, Mid Atlantic, and New England. And I'd won all of those extra at the point these numbers were pulled.</p><p> </p><p>

South West, Hawaii, and Puerto Rice are the regions that are lower than worldwide.</p><p> </p><p>

My point is, the mechanics make sense with the numbers. I can follow exactly how each of these numbers showed up. It just feels kind of weird and wrong to me that BECAUSE of the way the mechanics work that regions in my own country would be lower than the worldwide average.</p>