ideas for tournament based promotion?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Undertaker666" data-cite="Undertaker666" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47036" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Office > Tournaments (not in Match Making) <p> </p><p> You can set up tournaments that go over a number of events rather than having the fights happen on the same night.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I didn't know that. I'm going to try that.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ManUnderMask" data-cite="ManUnderMask" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47036" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I didn't know that. I'm going to try that.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's basically just a tool that keeps track of your tournaments and gives an achievement to the winner. It's nice but suffers from the same real-world problems: fighters getting injured causing the matches to be postponed so the tournament lasts ages, or having to call up "replacements", rendering the whole thing into a joke. You know you're playing a management game when you're juggling recuperation times and injuries more than you're watching matches. But that's the way it should be (at least for a sim).</p><p> </p><p> So what I'd recommend if you want to use it is just disabling injuries altogether (aka "arcade mode").</p><p> </p><p> There's a reason the UFC books the way they do. It's the best way to do it. In the end, the whole company is a tournament of sorts, where you win and win and win again to get a title shot (with of course the common deviation to set up "money fights").</p>