If this needs to be moved somewhere else, please do. My only thought on that front is I gotta get it out of my head.

But yeah. They are a feature of wrestling that have been in my head a lot as of late as they pertain to TEW. For the longest time, the notion of the unofficial pin that we all saw but the ref was unable to count were just ignored. But over the last few years in wrestling, I see them being made a point of more and more. There are now talking points in rematches. Subjects broached to heels doing color commentary for them to dismiss. Tools to hype undercarders with. So much is made of the visual pin I find myself trying to figure out what place if any needs to be made for them in the game.

I thought repeatedly about just suggesting there should be a ring note for them. But even I'm not sure how necessary that really is. Are visual pins maybe intended to be one of the excuses that lead to the Tainted Win note? Or do they merit a special note to themselves? It seems like a lot could be done with them. Tracking visual pins so they can be talking points in future matches. Maybe being the catalyst to a story line starting argument. Maybe being tools to bringing lower carders along. Perhaps giving them visual pins that don't lead to official ones and can they get over that hump being a storyline. Seems like there could be a lot of game value here.

Or is that just me? Do you maybe view visual pins as something best left to imagination and angles for story purposes? Does the Tainted Win note or some other feature I'm overlooking do them justice in your mind? Would love to resolve the tug and pull that happens whenever this thought jumps in my head.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cappyboy" data-cite="cappyboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47099" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If this needs to be moved somewhere else, please do. My only thought on that front is I gotta get it out of my head.<p> </p><p> But yeah. They are a feature of wrestling that have been in my head a lot as of late as they pertain to TEW. For the longest time, the notion of the unofficial pin that we all saw but the ref was unable to count were just ignored. But over the last few years in wrestling, I see them being made a point of more and more. There are now talking points in rematches. Subjects broached to heels doing color commentary for them to dismiss. Tools to hype undercarders with. So much is made of the visual pin I find myself trying to figure out what place if any needs to be made for them in the game.</p><p> </p><p> I thought repeatedly about just suggesting there should be a ring note for them. But even I'm not sure how necessary that really is. Are visual pins maybe intended to be one of the excuses that lead to the Tainted Win note? Or do they merit a special note to themselves? It seems like a lot could be done with them. Tracking visual pins so they can be talking points in future matches. Maybe being the catalyst to a story line starting argument. Maybe being tools to bringing lower carders along. Perhaps giving them visual pins that don't lead to official ones and can they get over that hump being a storyline. Seems like there could be a lot of game value here. </p><p> </p><p> Or is that just me? Do you maybe view visual pins as something best left to imagination and angles for story purposes? Does the Tainted Win note or some other feature I'm overlooking do them justice in your mind? Would love to resolve the tug and pull that happens whenever this thought jumps in my head.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think it surely is a part of wrestling nowadays, especially with the advent of replays. Furthermore, the opposite is also a big thing. Becky Lynch pinning Ronda in the main event of Mania while a shoulder was up. Also a big thing. I do think these things deserve at least their own notes.</p>

<p>It's interesting to see this referred to as a recent thing because it's a very long-standing occurance. I especially associate it with the 90s, although of course it's been a thing as long as ref bumps have been a thing.</p><p> </p><p>

For example, look at virtually every loss Hogan has taken and there's a visual pin in there somewhere. Supposedly he'd insist on it. Because of this, i think it'd come under 'keep strong' or 'protect'.</p>