The October 1985 Mod is a good option if you wabt to run JCP cause you are on way to Starrcade Flair vs Rhodes.

The Risky Business Mod , starts on January 1985 is better if you want to play with WWF cause yiu are in the Rock & Wrestling connection set up and on the way to Wrestlemania I.

The October 1985 Mod is a good option if you wabt to run JCP cause you are on way to Starrcade Flair vs Rhodes.

The Risky Business Mod , starts on January 1985 is better if you want to play with WWF cause yiu are in the Rock & Wrestling connection set up and on the way to Wrestlemania I.

Are these essentially the same base mod with different start dates then? That's what I was wondering. Thanks

kCV8WT3.jpg

334xMZW.jpg

Take a sneak peak in the databases and select the one you prefer based on the content.

Personally I really like such things as number of workers, broadcasters, broadcaster deals, narratives and dojo graduates. So I know which one I would choose if I did run a 85 save.

Thanks for this. Btw which Risky Business are you running? My version has considerably less amounts in various categories, like narratives, wrestlers, alter ego's etc.

I bashed around on Risky Business with the WWF and quite enjoyed it. I didn't go as long with the save as I hoped to, because I couldn't apply any level of restraint to signing future stars and hightlighting Hogan to the degree I did gets old.

When it comes to mods, my technique is always to run a watch sim for about a year. That way, I can see what the AI manages to do with a given company and how it grades. I know I can book better than the AI by a grade or two, so it sets a baseline expectation for me and lets me see how the mod simulates.

I am playing Risky Business one week from Wrestlemania I. And this is my final card.

Playboy Buddy Rose vs. Junkyard Dog

Villano III ©vs Perro Aguayo (Light Heavyweight championship).

Ricky Steamboat vs Don Muraco

Andre The Giant vs Big John Studd w/Bobby Heenan.

Brutus Beefcake & Luscious Johnny V vs. David & Bruno Sammartino.

The Briscos © (Jack & Jerry) vs Nikolai Volkoff & The Iron Sheik w/ Freddie Blassie.

Paul Orndorff vs Jimmy Snuka (Steel Cage Match)

Wendi Richter w/Cindy Lauper vs Leilani Kai ©w/ Fabulous Moolah

Greg Valentine ©w/Jimmy Hart vs Tito Santana (Intercontinental Championship)

Hulk Hogan © w/Mr. T vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper w/ Cowboy Bob Orton (World Heavyweight Championship) (M.Ali as guest refferee)

Why is it called Beta then?

This was a converted database from 13. Matt Shannon got burned out from modding before finishing everything while getting swallowed up with the Mod Squad. So, it never got done, but I'm pretty sure it was mostly just conversion stuff. Thus the beta tag.

The other 1985 mod was done by TSUMirren and is basically Genadi's 1987 Golden Age mod rolled back to October 1985 with people put back where they were then which led to some odd pop levels for some people who blew up in those 18 months (that starts in March of 1987) and face/heel stuff not set properly. It's still a blast because the stats are based on a rock-solid mod with Britain fleshed out more as that's part of what he did for the Mod Squad.

Both are very enjoyable mods. Just note with the October one that as with any Mod Squad mod, you better go through and check the retirement ages as they capped a bunch of them to historical dates. Not a lot of fun to play as JCP and lose Magnum TA in December.

Why is it called Beta then?

As I recall, (Matt Shannon would need to clear up best), the 4.0 is actually the version of 2013 that Matt was updating to 2016. He took it to beta (never changing the version name) and left it as was. While certainly playable because the base was off the charts, I'm not sure Matt felt he really finished tuning it up for 2016. He was working on a pretty succinct mod of historic locations and planned on coming back to RB.

Matt hasn't been active lately as he has in the past, but I'm sure he'll be popping up as 2020 comes out. He's a really good dude who's done some great things on GDS.

This was a converted database from 13. Matt Shannon got burned out from modding before finishing everything while getting swallowed up with the Mod Squad. So, it never got done, but I'm pretty sure it was mostly just conversion stuff. Thus the beta tag.

The other 1985 mod was done by TSUMirren and is basically Genadi's 1987 Golden Age mod rolled back to October 1985 with people put back where they were then which led to some odd pop levels for some people who blew up in those 18 months (that starts in March of 1987) and face/heel stuff not set properly. It's still a blast because the stats are based on a rock-solid mod with Britain fleshed out more as that's part of what he did for the Mod Squad.

Both are very enjoyable mods. Just note with the October one that as with any Mod Squad mod, you better go through and check the retirement ages as they capped a bunch of them to historical dates. Not a lot of fun to play as JCP and lose Magnum TA in December.

Now it all makes sense. Thank you for the insight here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...