Roster sizes and tag teams

I'm just wondering how many tag teams people have compared to their roster size. As an international size company I have about 60 wrestlers and usually try to have 10 to 12 regular tag teams.

I torn between thinking this is too much or too little. I'll explain.

If I have only 5 or 6 teams I don't feel there are enough "challengers" or competitors for the tag team titles. But with 10 to 12 teams, it seems a lot and I struggle getting then all good, equal-ish TV time.

I've even thought about scrapping my tag team division but teams are always a good way to help youngters improve.

I'm just wondering how many tag teams people have compared to their roster size. As an international size company I have about 60 wrestlers and usually try to have 10 to 12 regular tag teams.

I torn between thinking this is too much or too little. I'll explain.

If I have only 5 or 6 teams I don't feel there are enough "challengers" or competitors for the tag team titles. But with 10 to 12 teams, it seems a lot and I struggle getting then all good, equal-ish TV time.

I've even thought about scrapping my tag team division but teams are always a good way to help youngters improve.

I love tag teams so I always have a bunch of teams. To me it's about how frequently you run tags. I often main event with tags (particularly in smaller companies) and build a tag division to be as important as my heavyweight, so I like to have lots of teams. There have been games where all of my main event stars are in teams with others .

It obviously depends on the size of the company and roster, but usually I try to have quite a lot of teams on my roster, at minimum 8-12 if I'm running a national level company. I'll then just generally only book a feud involving the tag titles and maybe a secondary tag feud to help build the next challengers for the titles. Then with the rest of the teams I either have something like a 6-man feud with singles guys teaming up with a tag team, or just use the tag team wrestlers as singles guys in the midcard until I have a use for them again in the tag division.

I have regular tag-teams, but also many stables. Since "Stable" chemistry isn't really a thing in TEW 16, I have all/most members in "Individual" Tag-Teams and a few in Units.

For example...in my PWG playthrough I have a "SABREGUN" stable. Members at the moment are Zack Sabre Jr (duh), Jake Strong, Katsuya Kitamura and now Shane Haste. My Tag-Teams say

SABREGUN (ZSJ & Strong) - Individuals

SABREGUN (ZSJ & Kitamura) - Individuals

SABREGUN (ZSJ & Haste) - Individuals

SABREGUN (Strong & Kitamura) - Unit

etc.

While that quickly fills up my Tag-Team list, it also helps up with booking Stables, since now every single combination can build up chemistry. Kinda like The Elite irl Omega & Page

<p>I tend to have a lot of 'Units' on the roster, as it's often a way to keep workers busy when I don't have anything for them individually. I typically have tag titles at each card level (low, mid, main event) as well as the alliance title (which floats) and sometimes a lucha tag title (which floats) so my teams have plenty to do. Also being key to the way I book stables (each one tends to have 1-2 'unit' teams, at different card levels), I have to keep my tag division stocked. In my current game with 107 active wrestlers, I have 31 'units' though there is definitely some crossover. For example, Alicia Strong is in a unit with both Sara Marie York and Danielle Sweetheart mainly because they're stablemates and have run with the main event tag titles, without using the Freebird rule. My trainers have all been in multiple tag teams (up to a dozen each), training up young workers. </p><p> </p><p>

I prefer the 'unit' because it helps keep my trainers out of the main event.</p>