• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two matches come to mind

Just from a wrestling perspective, some of my favorite wrestling moments / matches of all time were:

ROH: Cima, Masato Yoshino, and Naruki Doi vs. Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi, and Ryo Sait - ROH Supercard of Honor (2006) - I had the pleasure of being there live for this event and the performance, energy, and story telling in this match is by far one of the greatest things I've ever witnessed.

ROH: CM Punk vs. Colt Cabana - Punk: The Final Chapter - This was an end of an era in ROH, and seeing two best friends go at it in the ring, the locker room coming out afterward, and the story these two put on in the ring was such an aweosme thing to watch. Underated match but definitely was a change of an era in ROH

WWE: Chris Benoit v. Kurt Angle - 2003 Royal Rumble - Angle will always be one of my favorite performers, and this was a great match no matter what your feelings are of Benoit.

When I was 13 my family didn't have sky sports so we watched TNA on spike, that year they did their first UK tour 2009 and my family went to watch in Wembley.

While watching I looked to my right as I saw the curtain move and James Storm was sat there, I sidled up and said "Sorry I know you're busy but can I have your autograph"

He agreed and then went back to his locker room, first wrestler I ever met and honestly I've been a huge fan ever sense.

Shawn Michaels winning the WWF title at Wrestlemania 12.

I literally came to say this, had no idea it would be the last submission before mine.

I was 8 years old when this happened and Shawn Michaels was The Man. I literally leaped in my living room when Vince McMahon announced 'The Boyhood Dream has come true for Shawn Michaels'

This happened just a few months before nWo changed everything and WCW was still (IMO) a 2nd rate wrestling company, and to me, Shawn Michaels was the biggest pro wrestling star in the world.

Being in the Ring Crew for my Local Wrestling Promotion back in 2010 when the first Steel Cage Match in (Eastern-)Germany happened.

It was the Tournament of Death Winner Thumbtack Jack vs. Sternau at Eastside Wrestling. It was just such an awesome Indy Event i'll never forget.#

Watch Indy,

Stay Indy,

Live Indy!

Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart, WM12. That entire match was easily the best WM match of all time. It had all the drama and back and forth wrestling one can handle and is the only one to end in OT, which stands out to me.

A close second would be the ladder match at WM10 and Owen finally breaking out of Bret's shadow.

Has to be the first time Kane spoke. It was with the assistance of a voice box, and he announced that he would set himself on fire if he couldn't defeat Austin at the upcoming King Of The Ring :eek:

It was both terrifying and awesome. I think this may be the moment in which character work peaked in wrestling.

<p>That time I bought TEW 2010 and completely fell in love with the series. Was simply looking for a game that lets you manage a sport and that popped up. So glad that it did.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

However, actual wrestling would be WCW Spring Stampede 1998. Still the only wrestling event I have ever attended(unless you count a weird midget wrestling event that we took a friend to during his bachelor's weekend in Vegas). So much fun and so many iconic wrestlers in that event. Goldberg, Eddie Guerrero, Booker T, Chris Jericho and Benoit, British Bulldog, Sting, Macho Man, Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner, Rowdy Roddy Piper, and the Big Show.</p>

<p>I'm not interested in being part of this giveaway, I just like this subject.</p><p> </p><p>

How do you pick just one favorite moment, right? I'm going to give 3.</p><p> </p><p>

1.) WCW Uncensored 1997 - Team Hogan just won the main event and Sting drops from the rafters and takes everyone out, including stare down with Hogan before taking him down. This was incredible.</p><p> </p><p>

2.) Dean Malenko winning the WCW Cruiserweight tournament - the feud with Jericho was amazing</p><p> </p><p>

3.) Billy Kidman winning his first WCW Cruiserweight Championship - Always loved Kidman</p>

<p>When Eddie Guerrero celebrated with Chris Benoit in the same ring at Wrestlemania 20. Also one of my favorite calls that JR did too.</p><p> </p><p>

Unfortunately, this moment won't ever be referred to again. But for me will be my favorite moment ever and also greatest moment in wrestlemania history regardless of tragidy..</p>