Best Way to Organize Graphics (Logos, Renders, Belts, etc.) Going Forward....

With the 2020 release right around the corner, I thought it might be good to get a discussion going about how best we can organize the work of the talented GDS community, especially in terms of the Re-Render thread.

My initial thought it that we can keep an Artist Index pinned to the top of the Mods forum with each artist having their own thread (a la the Diary or Mod Index). If artists share links to download packs, I will keep it aside with their thread. I am open to keeping this Index up-to-date personally for the GDS community. It could be a one-stop shop place where users will be able to find everyone's work. Artists themselves could then choose to organize their own threads as they see fit.

I mentioned this thought once before to mixed reactions. If there is a better way to organize, I'm all ears.

I like the idea for an index, but I don't like the sounds of "Quality Qualifications" we obviously don't want to have a massive index, but I feel this would just be a thing that would start unnecessary drama, I feel the index already sort of does this anyway, if you don't like one persons work you could just move on to the next.

I do feel you should have a decent body of work to be in the index, or have a Misc. thread for just spur of the moment works that might be from people who aren't making these 24/7

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Peria" data-cite="Peria" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47456" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It should be based on contributions, and activity. If they make "art" whenever they post, but post once a year... it isn't worth it. You know?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just because the user isn't active doesn't mean their work is no good. Even if there isn't much in volume of content, it still be sought after by the community.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Munit" data-cite="Munit" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47456" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why not just have a thread with links to everyones work like we do it now?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well in my head, I imagine the thread is still very active with sharing. That said, I thought it might make it easier for people to identify Bison's render of a particular worker vs Shipshirt's. Additionally, if an artist wanted to index who they have rendered, it would be easier if all their work is one place. Also, months and years down the line, it won't be so burdensome to go through 200+ pages of content.</p><p> </p><p> I don't see a worker index being very easy to maintain...I thought an artist one might be easier.</p>

<p>For a long time we had a fairly well maintained Photobucket but that exploded when photobucket killed everyone’s renders that wasn’t paying for their account. </p><p>

I think a community Dropbox separated by artist wouldn’t be too bad an idea if someone felt they were dedicated and active enough to put it together.</p>

I like the idea of there being a general catch-all thread where people can post renders, but with artists having their own separate threads too. The general thread can start to get cumbersome to search through (even with the search function) and if there was a way to access the different render artists (whether that is a link to their own IMGUR or whatever), I think that would be very helpful.

I'm someone who has on multiple occasions had to "redo" their default C-Verse image folder. I used to own laptops back in my student days and often times when those laptops kicked the bucket I wasn't able to transfer my GDS folders between them. I'm somewhat particular with how I want the in-game characters to look so it's not usual to spend literally hours going through Rerender threads trying to track old rerenders I took a liking to get my pic folder the "right" way.

For someone like myself, in an ideal world I would like to be able to both search via Artist, and search via worker/character. JSliver realised that Photobucket allowed us all to do that for a while when it introduced tags. That system was basically what we needed but God did that end up backfiring on us (PB's fault, not ours). It's really painfully coming back now after a few years and seeing so much great work from the previous decade wiped away by Photobucket.

An issue in the past with "indexing" has been that, basically, the OP of a thread is left with a large responsibility to do all the work. We used to have people who would index all the stuff being made in the "Alt" threads and eventually that person would disappear or the job would become too much of a chore.

I think for the moment, the most straight forward thing to do is probably have everyone host their images on imgur, and we keep the format of the Rerender thread and Alt thread, which at this point are institutions in the community. As people have suggested, artists should probably be encouraged to create their own specific artist threads as well to make finding their content pretty quick as well.

However, if we could find a website that allows images to uploaded/hosted and tagged by multiple users, that would be preferable. Imgur allows users to create albums that I think can be expanded later, so artists could possibly maintain imgur albums of all their work which they could link to each post, but that won't so well for characters/workers as it would take quite an amount of busywork/chorework to maintain.

You van add mine if it's up to your guys quality of pics for real world mods..Devine Cuts 2.0 ...to the list... I usually posts email for ppl if they want the same style but I make me for mostly my immersion in the game, as I'm not a big fan (opinion wise not a big fan of the pack the mod squad be using these days or any b

Packs that just have headshots).

As I like to have a more visual view of the wrestler so I can decide if he/she will be pushed as the face don't do it for me :) ... but I like the idea whether mine makes it or not 😀😀

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47456" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just because the user isn't active doesn't mean their work is no good. Even if there isn't much in volume of content, it still be sought after by the community.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, no, I did not mean it like that. Let me give an example to say what I meant. </p><p> </p><p> Member A has 500 re-renders. Member B has 5. Member A is documented as his own name, his name is SteveSteve, you can click on SteveSteve's folder and see all his work! Now Member B is NotSteveSteve but his work is still great! He should be perhaps put under a "various" tab. But how will we know who he is? His re-renders could be titled "Ricky DeColt - NotSteveSteve" or something along those lines. Does this make sense?</p><p> </p><p> Edit: I said folder but it could very well be substituted for forum post or anything.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JaCeLo3" data-cite="JaCeLo3" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47456" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I apologize if this has been discussed at all yet, but by chance has Adam released any graphic design dimensions that we could use to possibly get a head start on doing graphic design work for mods?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah. He's said that the graphic dimensions are the same as they were in 2016.</p>

• 2 weeks later...