A New Vision

Well 20 Missed Calls from Hunter was not how I was expecting to wake up this morning. I mean had news travelled that quickly I mean I only signed the contract last night. I decided it would be best to call him whilst I was still in America. Although to be honest the sound of Hunters laughter wasn’t what I expected to hear when he picked up, clearly, he mustn’t have heard, well that fantasy was quickly put to bed. Of all the people in the WWE this was the confrontation I was dreading the most and when he started mentioning this mornings edition of the Observer, I knew it was coming. “Hey Mate, have you read the news this morning, I think old man Meltzer forgot that April Fool’s day doesn’t come in January, either that or celebrated far too much at New Years last Night. But anyway, he has published a story about how you’ve signed to be the new head booker of New Japan but you’re still under contract with us though.” It felt uncomfortable hearing Paul so certain that I was still under contract, clearly he hadn’t been told that old man Vince had fired me after I refused to come out of retirement to fight AJ Styles at the Rumble and it was even more heart breaking knowing I would have to tell him that I was now his main competitor over the phone mere hours I flew to the other side of the World, and boy he wasn’t happy. But the positive that I took was that he was angrier with Vince than he was with me but he knew that I wouldn’t settle for living in Japan for the rest of my life I wanted to take over the World with this company so eventually. It would be the two of us going head to head one last time- WWE vs NJPW. Triple H vs Shawn Michaels

January 1st 2018

Having known that I was going to be taking over this job in the New Year I had caught up to date of the product and fortunately for me Gedo had already basically set out the biggest card of the year Wrestlekingdom 12 meaning all I had to do was pick the order of the matches, shouldn’t be too hard. But in looking at how we were planning on broadcasting the show I realised we had far too big a reliance on a streaming service that was very tough to use, It had potential but right now it wasn’t going to be satisfactory to broadcast our biggest show of the year. We would have to resort to the old faithful PPV system for the time beings and suspend production of shows for New Japan World until we could guarantee profits from it. Due to my inferior knowledge of Japanese I have kept Gedo on as an assistant because firstly he has done a great job with long term booking and storylines recently and secondly he can help me understand the Japanese locker room having been in it his entire life and help me with Japanese related things, for instance finding an appropriate PPV provider for Japan. Because of Gedo’s negotiations he was able to secure us a live PPV slot on J Sport which according to him is massive for the company. As for the rest of the world I called up PPV providers in both America and Great Britain as they are our first areas of Expansion we are looking into in the end being able to negotiate one year deals in both countries to air on tape delay to make it more time friendly for them. In America we negotiated with CBS’s Pay Per View provider CW Network which was a Network that I used to get in my home in Texas so that is definitely a positive and as for the UK there wasn’t much choice and Sky refused to even negotiate with me which isn’t a surprise considering that WWE has called Sky home since before I was there, in the end we agreed with the Front Runner Pay Per View Provider which doesn’t have the best coverage in Britain but I intend to run a show over there at some point during the year.

January 3rd 2018

Well I can’t say that I wasn’t expecting this, within a week of me taking over in Japan the observer is flooded with reports that WWE was offering out tonnes of contract offers for people both to go to NXT and straight to the main roster. Now it was this latter report that worried me the most because I knew we had at least one guy that WWE expect to return to them. So obviously I needed to have a chat with Chris Jericho. Chris was a guy who I have always respected I mean it was just under 10 years ago that we had an amazing feud in one of my last amazing world title feuds if I say so myself. I knew that Chris had spoken to Vince about this Wrestlekingdom Match against Kenny Omega being a one off but I wanted to see if his was interested in what I had to propose to make it a more semi-permanent deal, as our biggest competitors the only company that I wouldn’t allow him to work under would be WWE which I guess is pretty obvious but if he wanted to do dates for Ring of Honor or CMLL or literally any company in the world other that WWE he is allowed too. I hoped that the lenience of the contract would persuade him to choose my offer over whatever Vince was offering so I was very surprised to hear that neither Vince nor Paul had been in contact with him at all regarding a return. This meant that he was perfectly willing to sign a downside based contract with me which worked out approximately $17,000 cheaper than if I was to sign him too an exclusive contract and considering our schedule unless he works the G1 I doubt he would even get that near based on appearance so this is a massive victory in my books. Also, before Wrestlekingdom I managed to renew the contracts of War Machine (Hanson and Raymond Rowe) both to relatively cheap Downside contracts allowing them to continue taking dates with other companies should they wish too.

January 4th 2018

Wrestlekingdom 12 Match Card

BULLET CLUB (Bad Luck Fale + G.O.D)© vs Taguchi Japan (Michael Elgin + War Machine) vs CHAOS (Beretta, Tomohiro Ishii + Toru Yano)- NEVER Openweight Six-Man Championships

Marty Scurll (BULLET CLUB)© vs Will Ospreay (CHAOS) vs KUSHIDA (Taguchi Japan) vs Hiromu Takahashi (Los Ingobernables de Japón)- IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship

Davey Boy Smith Jr and Lance Archer (Suzuki-Gun) ©vs EVIL and SANADA (Los Ingobernables de Japón)- IWGP Tag Team Championships

Minoru Suzuki (Suzuki-Gun)© vs Hirooki Goto (CHAOS)- Hair vs Hair Match- NEVER Openweight Championship

SHO and YOH (CHAOS)© vs Matt and Nick Jackson (BULLET CLUB)- IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championships

Hiroshi Tanahashi (Taguchi Japan)© vs “Switchblade” Jay White (Freelance)- IWGP Intercontinental Championship

Kenny Omega (BULLET CLUB)© vs Chris Jericho (Freelance)- No DQ- IWGP United States Championship

Cody (BULLET CLUB) vs Kota Ibushi (Freelance)

Kazuchika Okada (CHAOS)© vs Tetsuya Naito (Los Ingobernables de Japón)- IWGP Heavyweight Championship

Triple Threat Elimination 6-Man Tag Team Match for the NEVER OPENWEIGHT Tag Team Championships to Open up Wrestlekingdom as the Champions BULLET CLUB (Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga and Tanga Roa) fight Taguchi Japan (Michael Elgin, Hanson and Raymond Rowe) and CHAOS (Beretta, Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano).

In a decent brawl based match these three teams managed to engage the crowd to start of the night, With Ishii, Fale and Elgin representing the powerhouses of the match (although arguably the entire Taguchi team were Hoss’) it was always going to be about who could hit each other the hardest, about 8 Minutes into the match Tanga Roa was hit with a Fallout from WAR Machine and was subsequently eliminated leaving only Taguchi Japan and Chaos and a guarantee of a new set of champions. After 4 more minutes of action Tomohiro Ishii certainly impressed me with his strength as he managed to lift the 305lb man for the Vertical Drop Brainbuster to pick up the win and the Six Man Championships for CHAOS

Winners- CHAOS

Finish- Vertical Drop Brain Buster

Rating-54

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship next as Champion Marty Scurll (BULLET CLUB) face 3 opponents in the forms of Will Ospreay (CHAOS), KUSHIDA (Taguchi Japan) and Hiromu Takahashi (Los Ingobernables de Japón)

After the powerhouse-based match previously it only felt right to balance it out with some quick Junior Heavyweight action using four of the best junior heavyweights in the world. Based on reaction alone KUSHIDA and Takahashi could probably be challenging for the Heavyweight belts if it wasn’t for there obvious lack of size. But the action was as fast as anticipated with Will Ospreay performing almost Physics defying offence, Marty Scurll being as violent as ever and the Japanese contingency using their mixture of athleticism and technical prowess to dissect both each other and the two English performers up. In the final sequence it looked like Will Ospreay was going to win having taken out both Scurll and Takahashi with a dive to the outside and as he was attempting to hit the Stormbreaker on KUSHIDA, the Japanese athlete was able to slide down the side of Ospreay reversing the underhook of the arms into the Hoverboard Lock which nobody was able to break up and Ospreay was forced to tap crowning KUSHIDA the new IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion. The Match could have been better but the match was lacking in storytelling and Psychology focusing more on the flashy GIF spots which cost the match a bit

Winner- KUSHIDA

Finish- Hoverboard Lock

Rating- 74

IWGP Tag Team Championship on the line now as the Killer Elite Squad (Suzuki Gun) defend against EVIL and SANADA (Los Ingobernables de Japón)

EVIL and SANADA won the World Tag League to earn this spot beating the G.O.D in the final and they used that momentum into this match. I remember working with Davey Boy Jr during my final in ring run in 2009 and its amazing to see how much he has improved since then, obviously he still has quite a way to go if he want to be considered for any singles titles but I think there is a potential there. As for now however he was the one who took the pin in this match after a top rope Moonsault to earn EVIL and SANADA there first IWGP Tag Team Championships

Winners- EVIL and SANADA

Finish- Moonsault

Rating- 57

Hair vs Hair match for the NEVER Openweight Championship as one of either the champion Minoru Suzuki (Suzuki-Gun) or Hirooki Goto (CHAOS) will be leaving the Tokyo Dome bald.

Well if you want to find a match that is the epitome of old school Puroresu this would be a prime candidate these guys were hitting each other so hard that I could hear the original sounds from the back which in the Tokyo Dome is a long way away, Suzuki managed to kick out of a GTR about 9 minutes into the match which I could tell my the reaction from the usually quiet Japanese crowd that they thought that was the finish. However I had something which made them react even more for the actual finish with Suzuki first choking Goto out and not allowing him to be considered passed out only to give the limp body of Hirooki a Gotch Style Piledriver which if he wasn’t unconscious before hand he most certainly was afterwards. After the three count the rest of Suzuki-gun flooded ringside to hold the lifeless body of Hirooki Goto up so that his hair could be shaved off. Suzuki set the body of Goto up for another piledriver only for the rest of the CHAOS faction (Minus Okada) to charge out to start a massive brawl with Suzuki-Gun

Winner- Minoru Suzuki

Finish- Gotch Piledriver

Rating- 78

In one of the matches I am most looking forward to tonight its Ropongi 3k (CHAOS) defending there IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championships against The Young Bucks (BULLET CLUB)

I thought the show was going too well! This match is the perfect reminder to anyone not to try this at home because this match didn’t even make it to its closing sequence before it was unceremoniously and abruptly ended. In a spot which was supposed to start the elevation into the final gear of the match The Young Bucks had SHO set up for the Meltzer driver and YOH was supposed to come from the outside and push Nick Jackson off the ropes as he hit his springboard. All of that happened perfectly until Nick Jacksons landing at least where he smashed into the mat knees first and his left knee almost seemed to bend in on itself, credit to Matt Jackson and SHO and YOH for continuing on with the match while Nick was at ringside but once the referee returned to the ring he gave them the message to change the finish and the winners of the match rushing to a new finish where Roppongi 3k hit Matt Jackson with the 3K which he kicked out off to try and keep the Bucks looking strong but after a Strong X he stayed down for the 3 count and in a different finish to what I was expecting Roppongi 3k retained

Winners- Roppongi 3k

Finish- Strong X

Rating- 60

During the hype for the next match Nick Jackson was lifted out of ringside on a stretcher he went to see a Physio and a doctor, and we should have a full medical update on him after the show.

To follow that uncomfortable viewing was the IWGP Intercontinental Championship match between Champion Hiroshi Tanahashi (Taguchi Japan) and the young freelance contender “Switchblade” Jay White

We were always going the have a tough job recapturing the crowd after an injury and abrupt end like we just saw but who better to get the crowd back going the the Ace Tanahashi, facing someone who could very easily be a top Gajin heel if we didn’t already have Kenny Omega. But I’m worried that he may find issues in the New Japan style of storytelling without a stable around him for multi man matches later down the road. But in this match he impressed me, he struggled to keep up with the veteran Tanahashi but in all seriousness I believe I would have issues keeping up with him. In the end though it was Tanahashi who picked up the win but a good showing for White who in this match started giving me ideas for his future.

Winner- Hiroshi Tanahashi

Finish- High Fly Flow

Rating- 79

Next up the first of our 2 Marquee match ups for the night in a Winnipeg dream match, could even be considered intergenerational as IWGP United States Champion Kenny Omega (BULLET CLUB) vs Chris Jericho in a NO DQ match.

First thing I noticed in this match was that boy these two Canadians worked well together, everything they did just seemed so seamless, they made transitions and reversals that I wouldn’t have even thought of. Both of them individually performed at a level much higher than the United States Championship with Kenny not putting a single foot wrong the entire match. On American Commentary I could tell that Don Callis was doing a good job putting over the hometown history of the two workers, but I could tell that Gedo wasn’t as happy with Shinpei Nogami on the Japanese broadcast. The finish came when Kenny Omega trapped Jericho’s head behind a steel chair in the corner and hit 5 V-triggers before a One-Winged Angel to pick up the win and retention in this match

Winner- Kenny Omega

Finish- One-Winged Angel

Rating- 83

Semi-Main Event Time in the only non-title action of the night sees BULLET CLUB’s Cody taking on Kota Ibushi, it was supposed to be a ROH World Title match but Cody lost that belt during the last few weeks.

I could tell that Cody wasn’t happy being put in the cool down spot of the card following the NO DQ match but I am a little disappointed that he didn’t put in full effort into the match which only made him look so much worse in comparison to Kota Ibushi one of the best athletic wrestlers in the world. If anything the fact that this match was so well received makes me like Ibushi even more as a safe hand on the roster and I decided to give him the win here countering the Cross Rhodes into a cutter of his own before hitting the Pheonix Splash from the top rope for the victory.

Winner- Kota Ibushi

Finish- Pheonix Splash

Rating- 76

Finally time for the Main Event of Wrestlekingdom 12 as 65th IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada defends agains G1 Climax 27 Winner Tetsuya Naito. This is the second time that Naito has challenged Okada for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlekingdom but the first time that it is Main Eventing

Holy ****!!! These guys are amazing in the ring, they went over half an hour and were still had the same level of fire at the end as they had in the opening sequence if not more. They built the story of the match amazingly even playing off the finishing sequence from there previous Wrestlekingdom match but with Naito kicking out this time. The finish of this match occurred when Okada countered a Destino into a tombstone piledriver before one final Rainmaker to make defence number 9 of his title.

Winner Kazuchika Okada

Finish- Rainmaker

Rating- 87

Time- 36:10

Overall I’m happy with how my first show went it was consistent from top to bottom and even Nick Jacksons injury changing a result it still works with the landscape of the company- Now I just have to wait for it to air in America later on during there prime time for The Observer to give it a rating but Japan Sports Illustrated gave it an B+ which I am very happy with. After the show I had to give a standing ovation to Okada and Naito as they came through the curtain because they nailed it tonight and I’m certain they both have more they could do to make the match even better that’s how good they are. I also made sure to congratulate Kenny after his practically perfect performance in the other Marquee match of the night.

Well PPV was definitely the right way to go for Wrestlekingdom- In each of the countries that we broadcasted in we broke 100,000 buys which is absolutely amazing with a grand total of 323,368 buys across the world raking in a revenue of $1,552,000 which is absolutely amazing. For our smaller shows coming up I will probably put them on New Japan world because it would be unfair to people to expect them to buy every single night of tours on PPV. The Wrestling Observer had given the show an 84 rating which is respectable but something we can improve on. The confirmed attendance in the building was over 30,000 but the paid figure was 27,515 bringing a gate of over $600,000. We have New Years Dash tonight which we use to start up the next section of storylines without any marquee matches, based on the brawl from Wrestlekingdom I decided that the main event is going to be a Ten Man Tag between Suzuki-Gun and CHAOS. The rest of the matches will be multi-man matches between the stables and young lions mixed in. One think I like about what I’ve learnt about the Japanese Style of Wrestling is the level of respect instilled into them through the young lion system. I probably would have been fired really early on if this existed in America when I was coming up. A few people came up to me after Wrestlekingdom with creative ideas with none of them being that positive to be honest. Jericho and Dojo leader Kobayashi came up to me saying that the Young Bucks needed to work on there story telling in matches more which I do agree with but timing is everything and complaining about them when Nick Jackson has just been confirmed to be out for the Remainder of his touring contract. Kenny Omega also came up to me saying that he was watching the opening 9man tag and thought that Raymond Rowe made his BULLET CLUB faction look week by basically no selling the Tongan Twist, which again was something that I noticed as well and potentially something which we can work on with Raymond.

January 5th 2018

New Year Dash 2018 Match Card

SUZUKI-GUN (Davey Boy Smith Jr, TAKA Michinoku, Taichi) vs BULLET CLUB (Hangman Page, Chase Owens, Yujiro Takahashi)

Taguchi Japan (Ryusuke Taguchi, ACH) vs Young Lions (Ren Narita, Teruaki Kanemitsu)

Los Ingobernables de Japón (BUSHI, SANADA, Hiromu Takahashi) vs Taguchi Japan (Juice Robinson, David Finlay Jr) + Young Lion Tetsuhiro Yagi

Hiroshi Tanahashi + Kota Ibushi vs Manubu Nakanishi + Yugi Nagata

CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Rocky Romero, SHO, YOH) vs BULLET CLUB (Marty Scurll, Matt Jackson, Bad Luck Fale, ???)

SUZUKI-GUN (Minoru Suzuki, Lance Archer, El Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Zack Sabre Jr) vs CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, BERETTA, Toru Yano, YOSHI-HASHI)

NJPW Presents New Year Dash 2018

SUZUKI-GUN vs BULLET CLUB

As SUZUKI-GUN’s Second Choice Junior Tag Team and a Heavyweight take on BULLET CLUB’s second choice Junior heavyweight tag team (Might be first choice for a while) and an Openweight. Because of the weight categories it was quite an open match with the only real times of dominance coming when either Chase Owens or Davey Boy Jr was in the ring but out of the two teams it was obvious that the Bullet Club boys were the greener of the teams with Takahashi being the only one of that team to be comparable to the Suzuki Gun’s older team. However just in this small performance I saw potential in Hangman Adam Page, I feel like he has potential if I don’t push him too fast. The Finish came when the two heavyweights were in the ring and Davey Boy Jr locked in the family sharpshooter in for a submission.

Winner- SUZUKI GUN (Davey Boy Smith Jr submits Chase Owens)

Finish- Sharpshooter

Rating- 51

TAGUCHI JAPAN vs Young Lions

A great showing for the 4 wrestlers in the match but the only person the crowd really reacted to was Ryusuke Taguchi which was obviously understandable ACH hasn’t gained much traction in Japan and is perceived by many to just be a replacement for Ricochet as Taguchi’s tag team partner and very few people would be able to follow Ricochet as a partner, and obviously the young lions are benefiting from Taguchi and ACH who has been working on the independent circuit in America over the last few years. The finish came when Taguchi his a splash from the top rope onto Narita

Winner- TAGUCHI JAPAN (Ryusuke Taguchi pins Ren Narita)

Finish- Top Rope Splash

Rating- 49

Los Ingobernables de Japón vs TAGUCHI JAPAN + Young Lion

In the immediate future I don’t have any plans for Hiromu Takahashi to go back after the Junior Heavyweight title for a while so in the emergency booking room it was suggested that Hiromu and BUSHI start teaming up as a temporary tag team could use some stability in that division right now but with the division so thin at the moment we chose to start of slowly by teaming them up with Heavyweight SANADA to face a heavyweight tag team and a young lion. Yagi however actually really impressed me with how he worked outshining David Finlay jr who at moment doesn’t quite have the in ring prowess of his father, In fact I was so impressed with Yagi that I sent a message out to the referee that I wanted Finlay to take the pin so that Yagi was protected, so Finlay took the Ashiroad for the finish

Winner- Los Ingobernables de Japón (BUSHI pins David Finlay Jr)

Finish- ASHIROAD

Rating- 62

Manubu Nakanishi + Yuji Nagata vs Hiroshi Tanahashi + Kota Ibushi

The Veteran Tag Team facing the younger pairing and the thing which shocked me was that the former tag team champions seem to have lost there step in working together cause they just seemed awkward together. Ibushi and Tanahashi seemed to work together better than them which shocked me. Ibushi and Tanahashi picked up the win with a fun little double team as Tanahashi hit hit Nagata with the High Fly Flow before popping up and allowing Ibushi to hit the Pheonix Splash before Tanahashi pinned Nagata.

Winners- Ibushi and Tanahashi

Finish- High Fly Flow/Pheonix Splash Combo

Rating- 72

After the match Tanahashi and Ibushi were celebrating in the ring on the ropes when a hooded figure pushed Tanahashi off the turnbuckle before jumping up the the turnbuckle with Ibushi and hitting an Avalanche Cross Rhodes- pulling his hood down to reveal it was Cody Rhodes (duh) continuing their feud and potentially involving Tanahashi in it.

Rating- 62

We Cut to the press conference room where Kenny Omega is sat ready to announce the mystery partner for the 8 Man Tag tonight- Introducing the Newest Member of BULLET CLUB- The Next Big NEW JAPAN GAJIN- “Switchblade” Jay White

Rating- 100

BULLET CLUB vs CHAOS

A big Brawl based match between by far the two biggest merch selling Stables led by two of the biggest stars, Okada shone in this against people from both teams which to be honest I was definitely expecting, Everyone else in the match was at a similar level in the crowds eyes but they reacted massively whenever Okada was in the ring, however this match was designed to put over Jay White and I believe that it achieved that especially considering that I decided to make the massive decision to have him pin Kazuchika Okada with a brand new finisher based on my own Superkick just with more of a swing round into it called the Missile Kick

Winner- BULLET CLUB- (“Switchblade” Jay White pins Kazuchika Okada)

Finish- Missile Kick

Rating- 78

Main Event

CHAOS vs SUZUKI-GUN

After there brawl last night, I used this match to set up the next few months of feuds over the Never Openweight belt cause with 10 People in this match I could easily set up storylines all the way until next Wrestlekingdom, the first feud set up in this match is going to be a total Hoss fight between Murder Grandpa Minoru Suzuki and the Stone Pitbull Tomohiro Ishii of the NEVER singles belt which could be amazing as a brawl, A title match is owed to Ishii now considering that he pinned Suzuki in this match up with his brainbuster

Winner- CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii pinning Minoru Suzuki)

Finish- Vertical Drop Brainbuster

Rating- 67

Overall Rating- 70

Overall, this gave us a good level as to where our story based shows should be it obviously wasn’t as good as wrestlekingdom but we knew that it wouldn’t be. As a more TV Show bases, it was broadcasted globally at the same time so we were able to get an immediate rating from the observer who gave us a 70 which while decent is a lot lower than where we need to be. Something I noticed backstage during this show was Hiroshi Tanahashi and Milano Collection A.T connecting really well, obviously my Japanese isn’t the strongest yet, but they seemed to bounce off each other quite well, might be worth putting Tanahashi on commentary at some point to see if this real life chemistry reflects in the booth. Also based on reports it would seem that the foreign fans enjoyed this show more that the Japanese fanbase did which is understandable as the Japanese audience is out biggest so there is more likely to be criticism from them. Not that I’m saying they are wrong for criticizing what they think isn’t right but this is a slow building process, they also said that I might be pushing Jaw White too strong by having him pin Okada but if we consider how quickly Okada himself was given the title after his return from excursion then can’t be too shocked. Sitting my office I received the quickly becoming all too family entrance of Kenny Omega to talk to me. Today his complaints were about El Desperado not being good enough to be in New Japan, this constant barrage of complaints about Kenny is making me really sour on him which is a shame because he is one of the best wrestlers in the world. But I’ve seen what happens when the top guys do nothing but put everyone else down to management. I’m not going to let him become me.

January 6th 2018

“No I understand completely and I wish you the best of luck when you get to Stanford”- Putting the phone down I could have screamed, I thought I had the negotiations all tied up only for Vince to almost double my offer at the last step and I couldn’t afford to match it nor did I think he was worth as much as Vince paid for him. But to Vince he was a major asset he could easily slot into there main event scene straight away and he definitely had mainstream appeal probably second to nobody in the world of fighting. I knew this was going to be a challenge and I obviously knew I wouldn’t take down Vince probably ever. But every top name he signs like this adds an extra Pawn into a very elongated and complicated game of Chess but I’m sure the word would be out soon because they need the ratings too much to keep it a surprise but WWE had signed Conor McGregor

January 10th 2018

NJPW/CMLL Road To Fantastica Mania Night One Card

Predictions Welcome

Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, Togi Makabe + Yuji Nagata vs Jushin Thunder Liger, Syota Umino, Henare + Hirai Kawato

Rush + Dragon Lee vs Tiger Mask IV + Gran Guerrero

Raymond Rowe + Hanson vs Tomoyuki Oka + Katsuya Kitamura

Namajague, El Soberaro Jr + Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs Gedo, Jado + Will Ospreay

Kenny Omega, Hangman Page + Yujiro Takahashi vs Michael Elgin, Juice Robinson + David Finlay Jr

Caristico, Mistico + Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Davey Boy Smith Jr, Lance Archer + Taichi

Kota Ibushi + BUSHIROAD vs Cody + Mephisto

NJPW/CMLL Road To Fantastica Mania Night One

Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, Togi Makabe + Yuji Nagata vs Jushin Thunder Liger, Syota Umino, Henare + Hirai Kawato

Pairing Five of the most experience wrestlers in the company with Three Young Lions seemed like a no brainer and the Mexican Crowd gave a different atmosphere than the Young Lions might have been used too but some of them might end up wrestling for CMLL on Excursion so this tour could be a good experience for them to learn the ways of the Mexican Audience. The Veteran’s sold very well for the young lions to put them over in defeat but in the end Makabe hit his Knee Drop to win the match

Winners- Tenzan, Kojima, Makabe + Nagata (Togi Makabe pins Hirai Kawato)

Finish- Knee Drop

Rating- 50

Rush + Dragon Lee vs Tiger Mask IV + Gran Guerrero

The first of our matches featuring the stars of CMLL sees the Brother Team of Rush and Dragon Lee take on the legendary Tiger Mask and brother of Ulitmo Guerrero, Gran. If I’m being totally honest my lack of research on the CMLL wrestlers before arriving meant I thought he was part of the legendary Guerrero family but he isn’t but just based on how good he is in the ring I’m honestly tempted to try and get him for longer the Fantastica Mania tour if CMLL allow us too. The four wrestlers put on a great Luchador showcase with Tiger Mask obviously being the slowest of the four wrestlers due to his age, but his knowledge of the business meant that he wasn’t overshadowed in this match at all. In the end as the elder statesman of the match Tiger Mask took the fall after Dragon Lee hit the Operatión Dragon.

Winners- Rush + Dragon Lee (Dragon Lee pins Tiger Mask)

Finish- Operatión Dragon

Rating- 70

Raymond Rowe + Hanson vs Tomoyuki Oka + Katsuya Kitamura

As War Machine want to rise the ranks towards the Tag Team Titles, they need to beat some of the teams lower down the pecking order first and who better than a tag team that are currently on excursion in CMLL from us. War Machine aren’t that well known in Mexico so the crowd didn’t react but this is being broadcast on New Japan World so this should boost their popularity around the world. They won with the Fallout quite quickly not the longest of matches, but it achieved what it needed too

Winners- War Machine (Hanson pinned Oka)

Finish- Fallout

Rating- 39

Namajague, El Soberano Jr + Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs Gedo, Jado + Will Ospreay

Most New Japan fans would recognise Namajague by his other gimmick as El Desperado but today he is teaming with both of his tag team partners across the world El Soberano from CMLL and Kanemaru for me. Against the CHAOS team of the Arial Assassin Will Ospreay and the legendary Junior Tag Team of Gedo and Jado. Some great high-flying action from the Lucha Team and Ospreay with Kanemaru, Gedo and Jado working a slower pace to balance the match out. In the end it was a high spot which won the match as Will Ospreay countered Soberano’s moonsault press into the stormbreaker for the 3 count.

Winners- CHAOS (Ospreay pinned Soberano)

Finish- Stormbreaker

Rating- 54

Kenny Omega, Hangman Page + Yujiro Takahashi vs Michael Elgin, Juice Robinson + David Finlay Jr

In an all New Japan match the Bullet Club took on Taguchi Japan and the lack of recognisable faces for the historically insular Mexican fanbase meant that what could have been a great match fell flat due to lack of crowd interest. It might be worth trying to find a new star for the Mexican audience to help these all New Japan contractor matches. In the end the match flopped massively and felt awkward throughout. The Finish came when Hangman Page and Kenny Omega hit a synchronised Buckshot Lariat and V-Trigger on Finlay, but Elgin dominated the match tossing Kenny Omega around. Potentially setting up a future title match

Winners- BULLET CLUB (Hangman Page pins Finlay Jr)

Finish- Buckshot Trigger

Rating- 54

Caristico, Mistico + Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Davey Boy Smith Jr, Lance Archer + Taichi

The Crowd came back into this match as both Caristico and Mistico are top stars current in CMLL and they can respect Tanahashi as the ACE of New Japan. There reaction to the SUZUKI-Gun team was a little more subdued but at least they weren’t sitting on there hands. Incredibly Mistico becomes the 3rd of his brothers to wrestle on this show and he worked well with Tanahashi and Caristico in a great showing for that team. I think Caristico and Mistico could work well has a tag team for the rest of the tour and maybe could come back to help up in the tag leagues later in the year. And they picked up the win here when Caristico hit La Mistica on Taichi.

Winners- Caristico,Mistico + Tanahashi (Caristico pins Taichi)

Finish- La Mistica

Rating- 75

Main Event

Kota Ibushi + BUSHIROAD vs Cody + Mephisto

Ahh this was the perfect choice to be the main event of night one as the Crowd were insanely hot for all four Wrestlers which helped the match out immensely it told a beautiful story through the Cody vs Ibushi sections of the match and utilized insane aerial spots from the two Luchadors. It probably benifited Bushi as well wrestling without the Los Ingobernables label on him and his benefit probably led to him getting the win pinning Cody with his old finsher the Mx.

Winners- Ibushi + BUSHIROAD (BUSHI pins Cody)

Finish- The MX

Rating- 85

Overall Rating- 72

NJPW/CMLL Road To Fantastica Mania Night Two

Teruaki Kanemitsu, Ren Narita, Yuji Nagata + Takashi Iizuka vs Tomoyuki Oka, Katsuya Kitamura, Manubu Nakanishi, Togi Makabe

Ryusuke Taguchi + ACH vs Mephisto + Tiger Mask IV

BUSHIROAD, Dragon Lee + Hiromu Takahashi vs Rocky Romero, SHO + YOH

Namajuage, Mistico + Caristico vs El Soberano, Gran Guerrero + RUSH

Hangman Page + Yujiro Takahashi vs Jushin Thunder Liger + YOSHI-HASHI

NEVER OPENWEIGHT SIX MAN TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, Beretta + Toru Yano) vs BULLET CLUB (Cody, Chase Owens, Bad Luck Fale)

Road To Fantastica Mania Night Two

Teruaki Kanemitsu, Ren Narita, Yuji Nagata + Takashi Iizuka vs Tomoyuki Oka, Katsuya Kitamura, Manubu Nakanishi, Togi Makabe

Opening contest brings out the veterans and the young lions for a mixed tag match. Each team working with two legends and two youth prospects. Out of the four youngsters the people that impressed me the most were Oka and Kitamura which could be down to the Mexican Audience being more familiar to them that the others, but even technically it was obvious that Nakanishi was slowing down but some of the other veterans looked amazing. Togi Makabe in particular looked like he could easily be considered a serious contender for one of the midcard championships or the NEVER belt. In the end it was Oka who took the pin as Nagata hit him with Drive Screw.

Winners- Kanemitsu, Narita, Nagata, Iizuka (Nagata pins Oka)

Finish- Drive Screw

Rating- 45

Ryusuke Taguchi + ACH vs Mephisto + Tiger Mask IV

This pairing worked a lot better than I was anticipating as the crowd were so into the heel work of Mephisto that they were begging for Taguchi and ACH to win which is a brilliant situation to be in for the baby face team. Of course Mephisto is one of the most hated Rudos in all of Mexico which meant that when he got pinned the crowd reacted amazingly compared to the first match

Winners- ACH + Taguchi (ACH pins Taguchi)

Finish- Shelton Benjamin Approved T-Bone

Rating- 55

BUSHIROAD, Dragon Lee + Hiromu Takahashi vs Rocky Romero, SHO + YOH

Some great junior heavyweight action as the LIJ team of Bushi (under his BUSHIROAD) gimmick and Takahashi team with top Mexican Cruiserweight Dragon Lee to take on Roppongi 3k the current Junior heavyweight tag team champions. I decided to use this match to set up for the future as Hiromu pinned SHO and after the match cut a promo in Spanish and Japanese saying that him and his partners want a shot at the tag titles.

Winners- BUSHIROAD, Dragon Lee + Takahashi (Takahashi pins SHO)

Finish- Fisherman Suplex Driver

Rating- 75

Namajuage, Mistico + Caristico vs El Soberano, Gran Guerrero + RUSH

In my first attempt at an all CMLL match on the card NWA World Middleweight Champion Gran Guerrero teamed with El Soberano and RUSH to take on the Mystique team and Namajuage. These guys barely touched the ground in the match it was all aerial attack after aerial attack and if I’m being honest. I think Caristico could be a perfect addition to the Junior Heavyweight division full time if he is willing to move over from CMLL. Ironically it was the only person who is under New Japan contract (Namajuage/El Desperado) who ate the pin after a Guerrero Special

Winners- Soberano, Guerrero + RUSH (Guerrero pins Namajuage)

Finish- Guerrero Special

Rating- 72

Hangman Page + Yujiro Takahashi vs Jushin Thunder Liger + YOSHI-HASHI

In the cool down match before the main event sees the Bullet Club face CHAOS’s YOSHI-HASHI and the worlds most legendary Junior Jushin Liger. The Crowd were a lot quieter for this match but that was the point to cool the crowd down so they weren’t blown out- this match was never supposed to be a world class match but for what it was it was decent, I am sure that it probably would have done better in Japan but that’s not the point. Hangman Page beat Liger with the Buckshot Lariat for the win.

Winners- Page + Takahashi

Finish- Buckshot Lariat

Rating- 54

NEVER OPENWEIGHT SIX MAN TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, Beretta + Toru Yano) vs BULLET CLUB (Cody, Chase Owens, Bad Luck Fale)

Titles on the line for the first of two Six Man tag team Title matches for this tour with the Winners facing a consortium of CMLL wrestlers for the final PPV. Fale and Ishii represent the Hoss’s in this match and to be honest the match was a massive disappointment and could destroy the overall show having a main event flop as massively as this. This match of itself could be enough to decide to cancel this tour for next year and just add an extra January tour in Japan. Mexico isn’t a market we are massively trying to break into as we don’t have any major stars here whereas most of our Gajins are English or North American so focus on those areas. This catastrophe ended when Beretta pinned Chase Owens using former CHAOS leaders finisher the Bomaye

Winners- CHAOS (Beretta pins Owens)

Finish- Bomaye

Rating- 50

Overall- 49

NJPW and CMLL Present Fantasica Mania 2018

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match

Hiromu Takahashi + Dragon Lee vs SHO + YOH©

Kenny Omega, Cody + Marty Scurll vs Michael Elgin, Caristico + Mistico

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Match

KUSHIDA © vs RUSH

NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Championship Match

CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, Beretta + Toru Yano) vs CMLL (Gran Guererro, El Soberano Jr + Namajuage)

Hanson + Raymond Rowe vs Takashi Iizuka + Zack Sabre Jr

Jushin Thunder Liger Open Challenge

Jushin Thunder Liger vs ???

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:24px;">NJPW and CMLL Present Fantasica Mania 2018</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>

Hiromu Takahashi + Dragon Lee vs SHO + YOH©</strong></span></p><p>

Opening up the show with a high flying junior heavyweight tag team action as Hiromu Takahashi teams with his former rival from his Excursion days Dragon Lee, and the CMLL faithful ate it up. The crowd we attracted to the PPV seem a lot hotter than both previous events and this match was a perfect example of that. The high flying action of all 4 performers was absolutely impressing getting the show off to hot start but the match ended in a stoppage with a kayfabe injury to Dragon Lee playing off the actual injury angle to Nick Jackson from Wrestlekingdom</p><p> </p><p>

Winners- Draw</p><p>

Finish- Stoppage</p><p>

Rating- 71 </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>Kenny Omega, Cody + Marty Scurll vs Michael Elgin, Caristico + Mistico</strong></span></p><p>

In a hype to a future IWGP United States Championship Match, Kenny Omega teams with Cody and Marty Scurll to take on his challenger Michael Elgin teaming with the Mystiques. Usually you would give the advantage to the BULLET CLUB here as not only are they used to teaming with each other, but they have two heavyweights rather than just one. However, it would seem that Michael Elgin seems to be a massive week spot in Kenny Omega’s arsenal as once again Elgin dominated the best bout machine before finally pinning him with an Inverted Death Valley Driver</p><p>

Winners- Elgin, Caristico + Mistico</p><p>

Finish- Inverted DVD</p><p>

Rating- 75</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Match</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>

KUSHIDA © vs RUSH</strong></span></p><p>

In a first time ever match one of the best Japanese Juniors of the modern Era takes on one of the best Mexican Cruiserweights of the modern era over the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship in a lot of pressure for KUSHIDA’s first defence of this run. KUSHIDA shone in this performance and there were times when RUSH looked like one of the best wrestlers in the world, but other times got completely outshone but KUSHIDA. In the end for both the fact that RUSH is only on a short term deal and its KUSHIDA’s first defence but KUSHIDA won her with the hoverboard lock to retain the Junior Heavyweight Championship</p><p>

Winner- KUSHIDA</p><p>

Finish- Hoverboard Lock</p><p>

Rating- 77</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Championship Match</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>

CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, Beretta + Toru Yano) vs CMLL (Gran Guererro, El Soberano Jr + Namajuage)</strong></span></p><p>

In CHAOS’s second title defence in as many shows today they are facing the CMLL team of Guererro, Soberaro and Namajuage. The concept of the match is the luchadores using high flying offence before getting swatted out of the air by Tomohiro Ishii. This tag run is also a test to see if Beretta is ready to move into the heavyweight division especially now that he would be considered quite low down the pecking order in both Junior and Heavyweight division but I am hoping to move him up as he wins again using the Bomaye</p><p>

Winners- CHAOS (Beretta pins Soberano)</p><p>

Finish- Bomaye</p><p>

Rating- 57</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>Hanson + Raymond Rowe vs Takashi Iizuka + Zack Sabre Jr</strong></span></p><p>

Next on War Machines path to the Tag Titles is a make shift SUZUKI-GUN team of Iizuka and Sabre Jr- The first thing to note on this match is that they do not work well together, there timing was atrocious and any time they attempted a tag team move it was totally botch. I know that Iizuka is getting old but I didn’t think he would be loosing ability so quickly considering his brawling style. Due to his age he took the pin in this match and I think it might be time to start considering retiring him.</p><p>

Winners- War Machine (Hanson pins Iizuka)</p><p>

Finish- Thor’s Hammer</p><p>

Rating- 56</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="font-size:18px;">Jushin Thunder Liger Open Challenge</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">

Answered by REY MYSTERIO Jr. </span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="font-size:18px;">Jushin Thunder Liger vs Rey Mysterio Jr</span></strong></p><p>

In what could easily be considered a dream match. A rematch from WCW Starrcade 1995, over 22 years ago. This match 20 years in the making had one tiny issue from it. The magic that they created in that December night in 1995 was long gone and now they seemed clunky together which was devastating for a PPV main event. I had hoped cause of Rey Mysterio’s star power and the shock factor of his debut would send the crowd into a frenzy and boy did they but the match itself was disappointing in my opinion. The debuting Mysterio picks up the win over the veteran with a 619 and Dragon Rana. </p><p>

Winner- Rey Mysterio Jr</p><p>

Finish- 619/ Dragonrana</p><p>

Rating- 57</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Overall Rating- 62</strong></p></div><p></p>

<p>Obviously with the change in booking style we expected some of our fans to leave for a bit as I will admit the product quality has declined during this transitional period. We had a good Wrestlekingdom and a decent New Year’s Dash but the Fantastica Mania tour in Mexico was nothing short of disastrous. Based on this I wasn’t surprised that the latest edition of the Observer has declared that we have fallen from National Level to Cult, Obviously we should stabilize at this level and I honestly believe its practically impossible for us to fall further than this and this should be the shake up that we need to push forward into battles. The Reports have come in for the Fantastica Mania show for the TV and PPV purchases. Night One got 1.8 Million Viewers across the world, Night Two fell to 1.6 Million which I expected after the flop of night one, and the PPV received 163,000 buys down 49% from Wrestlekingdom which as a B PPV vs the biggest PPV of the year we expected a drop but nowhere near this much. During February would be a yard test for the progress of the company with 3 PPV’s in 3 weeks headlined by the 3 top champions in the company. Kenny Omega vs Michael Elgin for the United States Championship, Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Cody for the Intercontinental Championship after Tanahashi challenged Cody in a press conference after the attack at New Years Dash and Kazuchika Okada vs “Switchblade” Jay White for the Heavyweight title. These PPV’s could be a good test for where we currently stand.</p><p> </p><p>

January 27th 2018</p>

January Rest of World Update

WWE-

Well Paul and Vince seem to be trying to aim for the hardcore fans with this war as for some reason they have made the call to have Matt Hardy beat Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship at the Royal Rumble. Honestly I’ve always respected Matt but I don’t know if I would ever see him as a type of main eventer that could beat Brock even if he is a Main Eventer at all. In other news Sheamus won the Royal Rumble for the second time and Shinsuke Nakamura won the United States Championship.

Impact-

Haven’t had any PPV’s for January but had a massive cull of Talent earlier in the month including people like Desmond Xavier, Laredo Kidd and Garza Jr, all talented Juniors but nobody that I’m massively interested in.

CMLL-

CMLL held there Número de la Bestia PPV headlined by La Mistiques (Caristico and Mistico) vs Los Guerreros de Infierno (Rey Bucanero + Ultimo Guerrero) in what was an outstanding match. (91)

AAA-

AAA also held a Número de la Bestia this January headlined by Johnny Mundo vs Drago for the Mega Championship

DG-

Dragon Gate held Balls to the Wall headlined by a 6-Man Tag Team Match between CIMA, YAMATO + “Brother” YASSHI vs Shingo Takagi, Naruki Doi + BxB Hulk. As our main competitors in Japan I am always keeping an eye on what they are doing but at the moment we are dominating them in TV and PPV ratings.

NXT-

NXT had a massive change to the commentary team as both Mauro Ranello and Percy Watson got called up to the main roster so NXT have started using a two man booth with Nigel McGuiness taking on Play by Play with new signing Taz doing colour commentary. Takeover: Georgia happened headlined by Andrade “Cien” Almas definding his NXT Championship vs Bobby Fish

NJPW-

Financial Update- $6,263,052 ($1,263,052 profit for month)

Best Match- Okada vs Naito (87)

Don't know much about NJPW, but just wanted to say I've read everything and am looking forward to seeing what you come up with ;)

Thank you very much, I'm a massive fan of your dynasties and hope you enjoy

These are really great stuff. :)

Thank you, I just thought I might as well trial some written storytelling before the new game comes out. Glad you're enjoying

NJPW New Beginnings In Sapporo

SUZUKI-GUN (Zack Sabre Jr, TAKA Michinoku, Taichi, Davey Boy Smith Jr, Lance Archer) vs CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Toru Yano, Rocky Romero, SHO, Will Ospreay)

Cody + Ren Narita vs Hiroshi Tanahashi + Tetsuhiro Yagi

Yoshinobu Kanemaru + El Desperado vs Hangman Page + Yujiro Takahashi

BULLET CLUB (“Switchblade” Jay White, Chase Owens, Bad Luck Fale) vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Beretta, YOSHI-HASHI)

NEVER Openweight Championship Match

Minoru Suzuki © vs Tomohiro Ishii

IWGP United States Championship Match

Kenny Omega © vs Michael Elgin

NJPW New Beginnings In Sapporo

SUZUKI-GUN (Zack Sabre Jr, TAKA Michinoku, Taichi, Davey Boy Smith Jr, Lance Archer) vs CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Toru Yano, Rocky Romero, SHO, Will Ospreay)

In a big multi-man match to kick off the show we continue the Rivalry between the undercard of CHAOS and SUZUKI-GUN which should hit its apex in the Semi Main Event Match tonight. Goto came out still wearing the towel over his head to hide his now bald head and if I’m being honest this bald look makes him look absolutely badass. But It was the SUZUKI-GUN team that picked up the win when Zack Sabre Jr made Rocky Romero Tap out to a very weird submission that I have no clue what to call

Winners- SUZUKI-GUN (Sabre Jr submits Romero)

Finish- A very intricate submission

Rating- 73

Cody + Ren Narita vs Hiroshi Tanahashi + Tetsuhiro Yagi

In a hype match for next weeks Intercontinental Championship match both of the competitors picked a young lion to work with in a tag team match, this was just as much a showing for the Lions as for the stars as we didn’t want Cody and Tanahashi to be in the ring with each other too often as they are the main event next week, although based on this match it might not get a massive rating for that match as Tanahashi massively outshone Cody whilst working with the young lions. In the end it was the Young Lions who were involved in the finish when Narita made Yagi tap out in a deep boston crab.

Winner- Cody + Narita (Narita submits Yagi)

Finish- Boston Crab

Rating- 74

Yoshinobu Kanemaru + El Desperado vs Hangman Page + Yujiro Takahashi

In a number one contenders match for the Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles the Suzuki-Gun team of Kanemaru and Desperado face the Bullet Club team of Page and Takahashi, The Winners would face either Roppongi 3k or Los Ingobernables de Japón’s BUSHI and Hiromu Takahashi as Takahashi has been given a second chance considering his first title shot ended when Dragon Lee got injured. The four wrestlers worked well but the issues came when it came to teamwork for Kanemaru and Desperado as they just couldn’t click with each other. There tag team offence was atrocious, and it really effected there performances in this match. Fortunately they lost this match after a buckshot lariat from Page so at Sakura Genesis it will be Hangman Page and Yujiro Takahashi vs (Roppongi 3k) or (Los Ingobernables)

Winners- Page + Takahashi (Page pinned Desperado)

Finish- Buckshot Lariat

Rating- 58

BULLET CLUB (“Switchblade” Jay White, Chase Owens, Bad Luck Fale) vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Beretta, YOSHI-HASHI)

In a build up to the Tokyo show in 3 weeks the BULLET CLUB’s White, Owens and Fale all fought against CHAOS’s Okada, Beretta and YOSHI-HASHI. The story of the match was simple, Jay White refused to work with his Bullet Club brethren not taking part in any double team moves through out the entire match. The finish came when Bad Luck Fale had Okada in a sleeper hold and Jay White got into the ring. He ordered Fale to hold Okada there as he went for the Missile Kick however Okada ducked out of the way meaning Jay White accidently hit Fale with the Missile Kick allowing Okada to pin Fale.

Winners- CHAOS (Okada pins Fale)

Finish- Jay White’s Missile Kick

Rating- 75

NEVER Openweight Championship Match

Minoru Suzuki © vs Tomohiro Ishii

A match which got set up at New Years Dash finally happens after the Mexico tour where Murder Grandpa Suzuki defends his NEVER Openweight Championship for the 6th time- He already holds the record for most defences at 5. These two men went out there and beat the living **** out of each other, both men are declining physically but if me and Mark Callaway proved anything its that two men in there 40’s can put on one hell of a match and these two stuck with that. They pulled out the best match of the card so far which Suzuki successfully defended for the 6th time with the Gotch Style.

Winner- Minoru Suzuki

Finish- Gotch-Style Piledriver

Rating- 78

IWGP United States Championship Match

Kenny Omega © vs Michael Elgin

Well just as I was praising that last match for being the best on the card it only goes and gets topped by the main event. I was nervous about which match to put last this or the NEVER match but turns out I definitely made the right call with this match last. The Match kept the storyline of Omega struggling to handle Elgin so that led to the rest of the BULLET CLUB coming down to ringside attempting to interfere for there leader. Leading to Red Shoes getting knocked out by a belt shot from behind from Chase Owens, The first person to slide into the ring was Jay White who hit Elgin with the Missile kick, before turning on Kenny Omega hitting with a Blade Runner and the Missile kick before being chased off by the bullet club allowing Elgin to rise to his feet and pick Omega up for the Inverted DVD to become the NEW United States Champion

Winner- AND NEW IWGP United States Champion- Michael Elgin

Finish- Inverted DVD

Rating- 83

Overall show rating- 79

That was better, our first universally praised show since Wrestlekingdom which I had hoped for with the better card that I was putting out for this show compared to the Fantastica Mania tour cards. The actual PPV buys reflected this as well as we were up 23% from Fantastica Mania to 201,000 buys, still down 37% from Wrestlekingdom which is more what I was anticipating from the drop off. After Sapporo I had two people approach me in regards to a pay rise, the first person was SHO from Roppongi 3k who believed that because of his improvisation at Wrestlekingdom and the good matches that they have had since then he was deserving of a pay rise, What he was saying was correct but the figure we was asking for was a bit steep in my opinion making them him the second highest paid Junior in the company only below Hiromu Takahashi, so I offered him 75% of the raise he wanted which he seemed satisfied with. Secondly was Chase Owens who despite usually being the fall guy for the BULLET CLUB has generated massive amounts of heat due to his involvement in almost screwing Elgin out of the title, and probably more because he directly attacked Red Shoes Unno. As he wasn’t asking for too much more money I decided that he probably did deserve that rise so gave him it all, as he isn’t on a guaranteed contract it only matters when he appears on Camera.

Also the two DDT youngsters that I was contract negotiations with have both agreed to sign Exclusive Full time contracts with me. Both of them have the potential to dominate New Japan for years to come and I have made the decision to split them into the two different divisions. Konosuke Takashita and Tetsuya Endo have signed for New Japan Pro Wrestling.

Sunday 4th February 2018

NJPW New Beginnings in Osaka 2018

Hiroyoshi Tenzan + Satoshi Kojima vs Tomohiro Ishii + Beretta

Tetusya Naito, EVIL + SANADA vs Juice Robinson, Hanson + Raymond Rowe

Kenny Omega vs “Switchblade” Jay White

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match

Hiromu Takahashi + BUSHI vs SHO + YOH

IWGP Intercontinental Championship Match

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Cody