QAW: Queens Of American Wrestling

I'm promoting from within (Ronin 3). Becca is going to be the new leader and part of their storyline is going to be her, Toni, and Vinny scouting for a replacement third. That gives me time to decide who will be the new addition. Right now I'm deciding between Rika Tsujimura and Rina Kasahara, depending on which one picks up English faster. Ruby Reece is a possibility as well.

I dig that. The faction might be so powerful already that Bomb lets them "host" one show (or a tournament transcending multiple shows) to crown a new member, which ends with them basically intervening to make their pick win. :cool:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, but that still raises the question of who would be a good fit, then. Most of the talent that's lesser down the card is either already in a stable (Felicia Luck, The Rage), or they're a face so you'd need to turn.

And now I just got a silly idea- they hire DupliKate and act like she's Foxy, not unlike when Hulk Hogan got "fired" and then Mr. America showed up. No one was fooled, but it was still funny.

Yeah, but that still raises the question of who would be a good fit, then. Most of the talent that's lesser down the card is either already in a stable (Felicia Luck, The Rage), or they're a face so you'd need to turn.

And now I just got a silly idea- they hire DupliKate and act like she's Foxy, not unlike when Hulk Hogan got "fired" and then Mr. America showed up. No one was fooled, but it was still funny.

Maybe if you're talking strictly the default roster but I've already brought in a ton of young impressionable talent. Ruby Reece, Rika, Rina, DupliKate, Ellie de Grazia, Juliet Basconi, all are good to great heels with massive upsides. As for who fits, that's a booker determination. I'm looking at Rina as a powerhouse (Batista) type and Rika and Ruby as the young turk (think Randy Orton in Evolution). All three have great upsides and it really depends on which role you think fits your vision of the stable better. Heck, split the difference and go with Katya Kornishkova.

I think the big theme of Ronin 3 is that all 3 founding members were from the Northeast, and they played things up to get under the skin of the "hick" audience. While that's not exactly the case with the current line-up, Becca and Foxy are still from the north of the Mason-Dixon line.

It's a SWERVE, bro. You could even use it against the audience. "We're keeping the name at 3, because that's as I high as you all know how to count anyway," or some such.

UGH! That would be such a Vince Russo thing to do. And I don't know how many hicks still exist in Houston (the fourth largest city in America). I think it depends on your presentation though. I'm playing it straight because most of the time, swerves for swerving's sake insults the intelligence of your audience, in my opinion.

UGH! That would be such a Vince Russo thing to do. And I don't know how many hicks still exist in Houston (the fourth largest city in America). I think it depends on your presentation though. I'm playing it straight because most of the time, swerves for swerving's sake insults the intelligence of your audience, in my opinion.

Is it more unrealistic/insulting than a devious heel stable being like "No, we can't possibly have a fourth person help us. The name has 3 in it and that would be unsporting."

So, has anyone had a member of the roster offer to put someone else over yet? I've played a few companies, and so far QAW is the only one I recall where that hasn't happened yet.

It's a completely random event. I can't see how product plays into this. Maybe locker room morale, but given that's 100% in about every promotion, that can't be it. In two months, you should be lucky it even happened. Only had it happen once.

It's a completely random event. I can't see how product plays into this. Maybe locker room morale, but given that's 100% in about every promotion, that can't be it. In two months, you should be lucky it even happened. Only had it happen once.

I was thinking more the personalities of the various people in the locker room, but...

I figured it would tie into a declining worker with a good personality or attributes.

I don't think decline has anything to do with it. I've tried ACPW, and Mimic and Ant-Man both offered to put people over, and neither one is what you would call long in the tooth.

Foxxy is the best!

Foxxy is carrying this company! She has had multiple 60+ segments since January and if I could clone her I would.

I've also been pushing Becca Barton who is now my top star at the company. I asked her to go down in size but in March she got an event that said she gained weight due to excessive drinking. How big is bulky middleweight anyway? I asked her to get in better shape which she agreed. She can barely go 15 mins now :D.

I changed the heel/face divide to loose and have risen to small after running two weekly shows and one monthly. I had enough to start my own internet broadcaster which really skyrocketed popularity.

Unfortunately, I pushed all my production costs to the near-zero level. When I rose to small, my competitors all had better production than me. Even after increasing some broadcasting, music, etc, I'm still getting penalties as it is just too expensive.

Should go to just one weekly show? Cut the wage bill and only use stars? So many decisions...

Foxxy is carrying this company! She has had multiple 60+ segments since January and if I could clone her I would.

I've also been pushing Becca Barton who is now my top star at the company. I asked her to go down in size but in March she got an event that said she gained weight due to excessive drinking. How big is bulky middleweight anyway? I asked her to get in better shape which she agreed. She can barely go 15 mins now :D.

I changed the heel/face divide to loose and have risen to small after running two weekly shows and one monthly. I had enough to start my own internet broadcaster which really skyrocketed popularity.

Unfortunately, I pushed all my production costs to the near-zero level. When I rose to small, my competitors all had better production than me. Even after increasing some broadcasting, music, etc, I'm still getting penalties as it is just too expensive.

Should go to just one weekly show? Cut the wage bill and only use stars? So many decisions...

How did you pull that off? I run two weekly events, and I'm lucky to break even at the end of the two months. (Admittedly, I do set them to Lesser.)

And regarding proteges, Farrah might also take Felicia Luck instead of Coco. I definitely prefer the former, because then you don't have to worry about angering Farrah when you have to deal with Coco showing up high.

How did you pull that off? I run two weekly events, and I'm lucky to break even at the end of the two months. (Admittedly, I do set them to Lesser.)

And regarding proteges, Farrah might also take Felicia Luck instead of Coco. I definitely prefer the former, because then you don't have to worry about angering Farrah when you have to deal with Coco showing up high.

I'd like to think it was due to my prowess as a booker but it probably came down to this...

1. Reduced all of my production values to their lowest level. I started a new test game and QAW starts like this:

Sponsorship Income: $17,928 per month

Production Values: Semi-Pro, $500 per show

Live Event Experience: Small, $2,500 per show

Broadcast Quality: Amateur, $100 per show

Music: Generic, $250 per show

Subtotal Per show = 3,350

At tiny with no other competition, you can reduce just about all of these items to greatly reduce per show cost

Production Values: Limited, 150 per MONTH only

Live Event Experience: Volunteers, Free

Broadcast Quality: Amateur, $100 per show

Music: Generic, $250 per show (I did not downgrade music. If you downgrade it to "small-time" the game warns you that you can get caught using popular music. I imagine someone with a boombox playing WWE's greatest hits :D

Subtotal Per Show: 500

That is 2,850 in savings! This doesn't even include the monthly cost!

Remember, you don't receive a penalty to your production values unless another company is running shows in your area that is also a similar size.

2. When I first started, I had one weekly show and one special event. The special event, called "Living in Sin", would go dormat every time I used it. I had to manually activate it to run it again.

I guess some could consider this cheating? I look at this as getting to know my roster. Looking back, I could have run a show every day. I averaged about 4-5 shows per week in January. I don't consider it unrealistic if a company is putting on a show 3-5 times a week in different locations.

In February, I officially went to two weekly shows and one monthly event.

I also set the ticket prices to very cheap for my weekly show and the special show. I was still making a profit per show. My lowest attendance from my shows in January was 246. My highest attendance in Jan was 550 from my shows. I got cocky and set my ticket price to premium for my monthly event "Starshow 2020".

I will mention again that this kind of backfired on me. Going to small size means you have increase your production costs to keep up with rivals to avoid penalties. It cost 50,000k to buy a broadcaster that is losing money. Before the rise in size, I thought I could make up the difference in ticket sales and merchandise. I may have grown too fast too soon.

The Economy is 36 and Rising

Wrestling Industry is 15 and falling

finance.jpg.21b8886a90c8d6a6447b26b1b541aea9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
So, playing some more, and Emma May handed in her notice to move on. Nothing wrong, just time to work elsewhere. The problem, she did this in the middle of June, meaning she'll be gone a week before the Crowning the Queen Season Finale. Grr!

Had the same problem with Foxxy handing in her notice; luckily I had a show just before she left so she could drop the title then. Ended up turning Pamela Rojo heel so that she could take over as the leader of RONIN. And then Becca Barton got signed by CWA so I'm scrambling to replace her, Ava Anderson handed in her notice so I guess Lily Snyder could make the jump.

Had the same problem with Foxxy handing in her notice; luckily I had a show just before she left so she could drop the title then. Ended up turning Pamela Rojo heel so that she could take over as the leader of RONIN. And then Becca Barton got signed by CWA so I'm scrambling to replace her, Ava Anderson handed in her notice so I guess Lily Snyder could make the jump.

I've seen Lily do that to, while playing another company. Also Erin Lawrence. All the more reason to get to a spot where you can start licking down talent with exclusive contracts.

<p>In my game i gonna loose 5 people, Foxxie is just leaving; Pamela and Juana signed exclusives contracts with OLLIE, Alexis Lee Littlefeather is retiring and Sonnaz Shah it's pregnant. So, yeah, i'm losing an entire stable and the leader of the Ronin-3....great xD. </p><p> </p><p>

The good news is that Emma May is my champion and she is doing great. Little Miss Perfect is doing great, my biggest surprise, as Shockwave champion, Higa is stablishing as a important part of the roster and Danielle and Alina are my top babyfaces, putting really over Emma.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="El_Ray" data-cite="El_Ray" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47502" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In my game i gonna loose 5 people, Foxxie is just leaving; Pamela and Juana signed exclusives contracts with OLLIE, Alexis Lee Littlefeather is retiring and Sonnaz Shah it's pregnant. So, yeah, i'm losing an entire stable and the leader of the Ronin-3....great xD.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Whoa! OLLIE is signing exclusive contracts?!? Did they hit Medium or are they doing that at Small?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47502" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Whoa! OLLIE is signing exclusive contracts?!? Did they hit Medium or are they doing that at Small?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, they hit medium at july, pretty insane. They got a PPV deal with Seleccion Mexico and a TV deal with Canal Dos, all of that before May. And for some reason, they didin't sign any of their wrestlers with exclusive contracts, for example Electric Dreamer and Celeste Moon are also working in CILL.</p><p> </p><p> I probably going to give the world title to Danielle, basically beacuse she has more people to work with at the main event.</p>