Twenty Minute TV Time Limit

Indiana Heavyweight Championship

The Masked Mauler versus Wild Red Stallion ©

Singles Match

Fifteen Minute TV Time Limit

Celestia Copeland versus "The World's Most Dangerous Woman" Morgan Stryker

Six Man Tag Team Match

Gary Greer & The Manifesto [bobby Marks & Jamar Lennon) versus The Casey Family Butchery (Chuck, Tully, and Robert Casey)

Singles Match

"Mississippi Muscle" Adam MacDonald versus "Californian" Chet Chavez

Singles Match

"Miss Texas" Lacey Montgomery versus Sophie Carrasco

The new Sandman Winks picture threw me off because I was like, "Wait a second, I thought he was supposed to look like Superstar Billy Graham. Maybe Historian got the pictures wrong." Then I read the match write-up and I felt like a fool...

Also, congratulations on getting TV!

Singles Match

I guess you could always switch the title on the first show for shock value, but I don't think that will happen here.

Six Man Tag Team Match

Gary Greer & The Manifesto [bobby Marks & Jamar Lennon) versus The Casey Family Butchery (Chuck, Tully, and Robert Casey)

Singles Match

Before Adam went and messed up CZCW, I always played as them and Chet was one of my personal favorites.

Singles Match

Episode #1 Predictions

Main Event

Singles Match

Wild Red Stallion © def. The Masked Mauler

Singles Match

"The World's Most Dangerous Woman" Morgan Stryker def. Celestia Copeland

Six Man Tag Team Match

The Casey Family Butchery (Chuck, Tully, and Robert Casey) def. Gary Greer & The Manifesto [bobby Marks & Jamar Lennon)

Singles Match

"Mississippi Muscle" Adam MacDonald def. "Californian" Chet Chavez

Singles Match

"Miss Texas" Lacey Montgomery def. Sophie Carrasco

Plus: Hear from Nicky Champion, Talia Neema, and The Cadillac Four!

Wrestling Spotlight Ep #1

<div style="padding: 15px; border: 3px solid #000000; margin:10px;background: #737373; max-width:60%;box-shadow: 0 6px 12px ";">

zMSSETm.png

Episode #1, Friday W1 Sep. 2024

Center Stage @ Studio 65, Indianapolis, Indiana [Great Lakes, USA]

120 Fans

Broadcast on WrestleWorld

Rating/Viewership: 17,000 viewers

Pre Show Results

SUPREME Yoshida, Valerie Flores, Vera Bull, Yolanda Frey and Ximena la Heroína defeated Himari Miwa, Kichi Mochizuki, Yayoi Kurmochi, Mirai Kajahara and Bonnie Bogan in 9:32 when Yolanda Frey pinned Bonnie Bogan with a Fantasy Breaker. (25)

Main Show

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BwU7ai1Us0Y" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We come out of the opening titles to Marv Earnest and Grace Harper ringside at the announce desk.

qSIrNZu.jpg?1snF1S53.jpg

Earnest, “Hello everyone and welcome to the debut episode of Wrestling Spotlight. I’m Marv Earnest and I’m joined tonight by legendary women’s wrestler Grace Harper. If you don’t know Grace Harper, you absolutely should. She is a former NOTBPW Women’s Champion, she’s a former three-time champion of AAA -- one of the greatest women’s companies to ever promote pro wrestling. Grace, how excited are you for this debut episode of Wrestling Spotlight?

Harper “I don’t know if I can properly quantify how I feel about it, Marv. I’ve been involved in wrestling my entire adult life. It has taken me all over the world and tonight I get to sit here ringside at Center Stage at Studio 65 and I get to call the very best professional wrestling action anywhere in North America tonight. This is going to be great.”

Earnest, “It absolutely should be great, Grace. For longtime fans of HPW, formerly Championship Wrestling from Indianapolis, you may be asking what happened to my longtime broadcast partner Mark Hyatt. Well, I’m not sure. He didn’t show up today and has not answered any phone calls and his mother hasn’t either. We will keep you updated as that story develops -- but right now, this is our debut episode of Wrestling Spotlight and we want to make sure that all of our new fans are familiar with who we are so we prepared the following video package to introduce our champions.”

05TFh3q.png

We cut from the announce desk to a pretaped video. The video is set to a cover version of Queen’s We Are the Champions and is voiced over by Taylor Gordy. The video starts by showing:

wCf7Az5.jpg

Wild Red Stallion, the Indiana Heavyweight Champion. The Lakota Nation member is in his second reign as champion and he has held the championship since May of this year when he defeated Dapper Danny Draper. Highlights of his win and his three successful title defenses so far are shown. We go from him to:

q32tOPo.jpg

Yvonne Ericks with the All-Action Championship. She has held the championship since November of 2023 and in that time she has proven herself to be an incredibly talented wrestler. Highlights of her win over Black Diamond and then her six successful title defenses are shown. From there, we shift into:

q32tOPo.jpgvvrI1zC.jpg

The Women’s Tag Team Champions. Their win from two weeks ago over Daughters of Lucha Libre is highlighted as well as their former feud and eventual friendship. It’s also noted that Yvonne Ericks made history by winning the tag titles here. We go from there to:

K9PRsaA.jpgkGwolZw.jpg

The Dynamite Express and the HPW Tag Team Champions. They are in their second reign as champions. Their win over The Dog Soldiers is shown as well as clips from their four successful title defenses so far while also going over their pedigree as champions, three time MAW Tag Champions, NOTBPW Tag Champions, four time CWA Tag Team Champions and winners of the CWA Tag Team Grand Prix. We go from them to:

q32tOPo.jpg

Yvonne Ericks with the Women’s Title. It is stressed that she is the first person to complete the Women’s Triple Crown (or any triple crown for that matter) in HPW and that she has been a defending champion. Her win over Ashley Keith and her three defenses of the championship are highlighted and then we go to:

PhiQTBJ.jpg

Funky Fedora, the Mid American Champion. The Standard Bearer of HPW. He’s in his second reign as champion and it is closing in on a full calendar year. His win over Nate DeMarcus and defenses over Mr. Grappling (twice), Sandman Winks, and Warwick Good are highlighted. The video ends with a shot of all of the champions (not standing together, just their stills) to stress who the champions of the company are for new viewers.

Angle Rating

uZGF1US.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Earnest, “Those are the champions here in Heartland Pro Wrestling. Tonight, you’ll hear from our Mid American Champion and you will see the Indiana Championship defended in our main event, but before we get there, we have our first match in the history of wrestling spotlight -- “Miss Texas” Lacey Montgomery steps into the ring with Sophie Carrasco. Grace, what can you tell us about these two women?”

Harper “Lacey Montgomery is the only daughter of former professional wrestler Robert Montgomery, Sr. She’s the sister of the rest of the Montgomery clan. She’s the youngest of all of her siblings and might be the most athletically gifted. She was twice the Texas State Champion in the floor exercise in gymnastics. She’s an incredibly gifted wrestler with a bright future. Sophie Carrasco is one of the few professional wrestlers from Chile to migrate this far north. She’s the step-sister of Aztec Prince -- one of the top grapplers in Mexico. She’s also a former high level gymnast and should make for a very good matchup for Lacey. Both of these women could be future title contenders and this match could be a big step for both of them.”

Singles Match

wDqGx8T.jpgmmWyz8z.jpgnlJo8Up.jpg

Both women came out to little fanfare. Sophie Carrasco is entirely unknown, but she could have a bright future in the sport. Lacey has been making a name for herself on the Ladies Night series of shows that came to an end with the launch of Wrestling Spotlight -- in fact, Lacey Montgomery has yet to be defeated in HPW. The 20 year old Montgomery was the aggressor here and she took the fight to Sophie with a fast-paced offense that included a springboard crossbody to try and wake up the crowd and get them ready for action later. Carrasco got a couple of offensive moves in, but this was a match designed to showcase Montgomery and she won with the Montgomery Leglock(Indian Deathlock).

In a bout that had little heat and embarrassing wrestling, Lacey Montgomery defeated Sophie Carrasco in 4:24 by submission with a Montgomery Leglock.

Match Rating

x8ufJmW.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Earnest, “What a statement there by Lacey Montgomery. She made short work of Sophie Carrasco. She’s definitely one to watch here in HPW.”

Harper “She absolutely is, Marv. She’s got that dangerous combination of speed, agility, and force. That’s going to make her a very tough matchup for any woman in this sport.”

Earnest, “I think you’re right about that -- and speaking of tough matchups, “Californian” Chet Chavez has his work cut out for him in our next match. Chavez is a ten year pro who graduated from the Coastal Resort in San Diego. He’s got a lot of skill, but he’s drawn the 6’5”, 304 pound Adam MacDonald, aptly named Mississippi Muscle. Grace, if you were Chet, what would your strategy be?”

Harper “I don’t know if I’d have one, Marv. I’ve wrestled a lot of the great female wrestlers of all time. I’ve been in the ring with women smaller than me, with women larger than me, but I’ve never been in the ring with someone like Adam MacDonald. He’s got size and explosiveness. He’s got power and quickness. Chet Chavez has to hope that he can survive an early onslaught or catch Adam with something quick. Otherwise, it’s going to be a short night to Chet and a quick trip to the pay window for Adam.”

Singles Match

DUV2vbh.jpgmmWyz8z.jpgo0FWmoh.jpg

This was a very one-sided affair. Chet spent the majority of the match being tossed around. Adam worked slow and deliberate, taking his time between each move so that the fans could register just how physically impressive he is. The muscular heavyweight (who happens to be the nephew of Marcus McKing but didn’t want the negative press that comes with that) hit a big bodyslam and waited for Chet to get up and hit the Blindside Pounce to send Chet flying across the ring and allow Adam to get the three count and the victory.

In an extremely short match, Adam MacDonald defeated Chet Chavez in 3:41 by pinfall with a Blindside Pounce.

Match Rating

I9dKV0u.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Earnest, “Adam MacDonald did not waste any time in getting a victory tonight.”

Harper “He certainly didn’t, Marv. Adam is going to be one to watch for the future. He’s only been wrestling for two years and he’s got all of the tools to be a top star in this sport. The size, the power, the speed. He’s in great condition. If I were a betting woman, I’d have him pegged to be a breakout star here on Wrestling Spotlight.”

Earnest, “I might have to take your opinion to some odds-makers and make some money. That’s not illegal in wrestling, but let’s go to Taylor Gordy who is about to interview Nicky Champion. Taylor, take it away.”

TiIkT9w.jpg4oHBsBP.jpg6te35Sa.jpgeybyL3P.jpg

Taylor Gordy, who also acts as the ring announcer for the matches, was standing in the interview section of the set.

Gordy, “Thanks Marv. Ladies and gentlemen, my guest at this time, Nicky Champion!”

The crowd in attendance cheered as the most famous wrestler to ever grace an HPW ring came walking onto set and he wasn’t alone. He was flanked by his best friend Happy Elwood and his protegee Jimmy Chipolata.

Gordy, “Thanks for being here today, Nicky. Two weeks ago, at Railroad City Rumble, Zippy Deverell pinned your shoulders to the mat -- but he didn’t do it without a lot of help. How are you feeling?”

Champion, “I’ve got mixed emotions, Taylor. First, I’m excited as all could be to be here at Center Stage in front of this great crowd and on WrestleWorld for Wrestling Spotlight. What a night to be a professional wrestler. This is a history making night. A landmark night and I’m here to be a part of it. But on the other hand, I’m mad as hell. I’m mad that Zippy Deverell needed a distraction and a shot to the back of my head with a belt buckle and his bulldog to get the job done. I’m mad that after the match he and his goons whipped me like a dog with that belt. I’m mad that they’re not here tonight because they know that if they were here that me and Jimmy and Happy would be looking for a fight -- because we are looking for one Taylor.”

Gordy, “You’re looking for a fight with Deverell’s Army?”

Champion, “You’re damn right we are! Ever since I showed up here last year, Zippy has been coming for me. He doesn’t like me. He doesn’t like the mistakes I’ve made in my life. He doesn’t like that I’m trying to show that I’m a changed man. That’s fine. He doesn’t have to like me, but he and his boys are going to fight me and mine and Zippy. Wherever you are, I want you to take a good look. I’ve got my best friend in the world, a man who has been by my side since I started wrestling, Happy Elwood. I’ve got my protege, the next big star in this sport Jimmy Chipolata. And I’ve got me. I’d put us up against you three any night of the week and twice on Sundays. If you have any balls in that body of yours, you and the Taggs will meet us in the ring right here on an episode of Wrestling Spotlight.”

Gordy, “You heard it here folks. Nicky Champion, Happy Elwood, and Jimmy Chipolata have challenged Deverell’s Army to a match on a future episode of Wrestling Spotlight! Back to you, Marv and Grace.”

Angle Rating

465CtnG.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Earnest, “Whoa what a blockbuster challenge. We’re in our debut episode and already Nicky Champion is throwing down the gauntlet.”

Harper “He’s a born fighter, Marv and he thinks he’s been done wrong. I can only imagine how he feels and I wouldn’t want to be any of Deverell’s Army when Nicky finally gets his hands on them.”

Earnest, “I wouldn’t either and hopefully we will hear from Zippy Deverell next week to find out if he accepts the challenge, but up next we have a six man tag between two trios that would like to potentially challenge for the World Six Man Championships. On one side of the ring we will have former University of Texas gridiron standouts Gary Greer, Bobby Marks, and Jamar Lennon and on the other side we will have the brothers Chuck and Tully Casey and their cousin Robert. Robert is of course the son of longtime wrestler Bob Casey. This promises to be an exciting contest.”

Harper “It certainly does Marv. Gary Greer is known as Mr. Intangibles. He’s beloved in the state of Texas for his heart on the gridiron and has shown himself to be a very capable pro. His partners, Marks and Lennon -- collectively known as the Manifesto, played college ball with him. The two are big and strong and athletic and have been great in their careers thus far. All three of a championship air about them. The Casey Family has wrestling and butchering in their blood and are also looking to win championships -- and that’s what this sport is about, winning championships.”

Six Man Tag Team Match

ySivmqs.jpgYGxKm04.jpgUMnCj5R.jpg

mmWyz8z.jpg

86Z2ik8.jpgvggElHP.jpgZZ6rskL.jpg

This was a competitive matchup between the teams. Both teams are trying to establish themselves as trios while also trying to establish Gary as a singles star, the Manifesto as a quality duo, the Casey Brothers as a top level duo and Robert Casey as something more than his father. Bobby and Jamar are power wrestlers with Gary being a high-flyer. Robert is a full blown technician with Chuck and Tully being more all-around wrestlers. Robert and Chuck are not small men, but the size advantage was with Bobby and Jamar. Jamar and Bobby did most of the heavy lifting for their team after they seized control. They isolated Robert Casey and hit him with several suplexes -- tagging in and out so each could hit a big suplex. They ended up hitting him with their signature move, The Credential, where Bobby lifted Robert up onto his shoulders and Jamar came off with a bulldog. Jamar then tagged in Gary and Gary hit the Shooting Star Press and got his team the win.

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but terrible wrestling, Gary Greer and The Manifesto defeated The Casey Family Butchery (Robert Casey, Tully Casey and Chuck Casey) in 7:32 when Gary Greer pinned Robert Casey with a Shooting Star Press.

Match Rating

Jrg5kVb.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Earnest, “A big win for the three former Longhorns. The Casey Family has nothing to be ashamed of tonight. They put up a good fight.”

Harper “Yes they did, though that won’t be any consolation to them when they head to the pay window. You win, you get paid more and the Casey Family would like to earn more money, I’m sure, but tonight Gary Greer and the Manifesto were able to be the better men.”

Earnest, “That they were. I’m told that Taylor Gordy is standing by with Talia Neema. Taylor, take it away.”

TiIkT9w.jpgbU1IQXb.jpg

Gordy, “Thank you Marv and Grace. Allow me to introduce my guest at this time, “The Pharaoh” Talia Neema. Talia, thank you for being here today.”

Neema, “I’m not here for you. I’m not here for these fans and I’m not happy to be here. What I am, is highly motivated. A couple of months ago, I challenged Yvonne Ericks for the Women’s Championship -- and I came up short. I’m woman enough to admit that, but what Yvonne didn’t know is that I signed two contracts for matches. One for a Women’s Championship match and one for an All Action Championship match and next week, right here on Wrestling Spotlight, I’m getting that All Action Championship match.”

Gordy, “So wait. Next week, it’s you and Yvonne Ericks? Right here at Center Stage, right here on Wrestling Spotlight?”

Neema, “It sure is and Yvonne. You’re a great wrestler. I can’t take that away from you. But that’s all you are. A great wrestler. I’m royalty. I’m descended from the greatest rulers in the history of the world and next week here on Wrestling Spotlight, I’m taking the All Action Championship from you because winning is in my blood.”

Gordy, “Well you heard it here. Next week Talia Neema and Yvonne Ericks will meet for the All Action Championship. Back to you Marv.”

Angle Rating

c0E0O1b.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Earnest, “Thank you Taylor. What an announcement. This has proven to be a show that has lived up to the hype. A lot of things are happening tonight on Wrestling Spotlight.”

Harper “That’s because this is the place to be for pro wrestlers and the place to watch for pro wrestling fans. And to think, this is just the first episode!”

Earnest, “It’s only going to get better from here. Up next, the young Celestia Copeland steps into the ring with the World’s Most Dangerous Woman, Morgan Stryker.”

Singles Match

e9f2Y3A.jpgmmWyz8z.jpgcFN1npk.jpg

Morgan Stryker lived up to her name in this contest. The bell rang and Morgan took full control. She hit several palm strikes that rocked Celestia and then tossed the smaller woman across the ring with a judo throw of some description. Copeland got to her feet and charged back, only to get caught with another judo throw. Copeland took a powder to catch her breath and then came back into the ring. She came right for Stryker again, but Stryker hit her with a spinning back fist and a jumping knee strike and then locked in a Judo Choke Sleeper and put Copeland to sleep.

In an extremely short match, Morgan Stryker defeated Celestia Copeland in 3:29 by submission with a Judo Choke Sleeper.

Match Rating

Jrg5kVb.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Earnest, “And that’s why they call Morgan Stryker the World’s Most Dangerous Woman.”

Harper “I’m not sure she even broke a sweat there, Marv. She completely controlled that match up. I don’t envy any of the women who are going to have to stand in the ring across from her.”

Earnest, “I don’t either, but I do envy Taylor Gordy who is standing by with another big interview. Take it away Taylor.”

TiIkT9w.jpgPhiQTBJ.jpgYU7OoC8.jpgQXbwz0V.jpg

Gordy, “Thanks Marv. I’m here with the Mid American Champion Funky Fedora, Danny Draper, and the Executive Consultant of the Cadillac Four, Lucinda Lush. Funky, at Railroad City Rumble you successfully defended the Mid American Championship against Sandman Winks, Danny you successfully defeated Mr. Grappling and Lucinda in June you led The Ring Generals -- who are not here tonight -- to the World Tag Team Titles. Things have been looking good for the Cadillac Four.”

Lush, “Just like Christmas, New Year’s, Easter, the Fourth of July, anytime you see any of the Cadillac Four together it’s something special, it’s a special day, it’s an event, if you would, Taylor. All the wrestling journalists come around because we’re special. Because we control wrestling.”

Fedora, “Whoo baby, Taylor Gordy, can you feel that? Can you feel it down deep inside of you? ‘Cause I can. Danny can. Lucinda can. The Cadillac Four have been on FIRE, baby. We’ve got the Mid American Championship. We’ve got the World Tag Team Championship. And pretty soon, Danny is going to get back the Indiana Championship. We’ve got the vivacious Lucinda Lush. We’ve got it all.”

Gordy, “It certainly seems like you do. You’re closing in on a year as Mid American Champion. Who you see in your horizon challenging you?”

Fedora, “See challenging me? No one. I’m at the top of the mountain by myself. I’m at the top of the heap, baby.”

Draper, “I guess what we’re trying to say is whether you’re a fat out of shape truck driver, or a skinny geek playing video games in your mom’s basement, or a doctor or lawyer who doesn’t half the money we have -- this is the way life is. If Marv wants to slap Mr. Grappling, he’ll do it. If Dean wants to spit on Sandman winks, he’ll do it. If I want to take Wild Red Stallion’s Indiana Championship, I’ll do it. And, if after we beat whatever wrestlers out there that think they’re man enough to step in the ring with us, if there is a woman out there that wants to find out just where she stands in the world of femininity, jump on the Cadillac Four because it is an all night ride.”

Fedora, “Haha, it is Danny. Because we are what’s happening in pro wrestling. Tell them Lucinda.”

Lush, “Like I started with, the Cadillac Four is something special. There’s nobody in wrestling that can stand up to us. There’s no collection of talent in this sport anywhere that can match the four men I bring to the ring. None.”

The Cadillac Four’s interview is interrupted by the arrival of three men.

yfcP8WA.jpgvvVleAz.jpgwCf7Az5.jpg

Mr. Grappling, Sandman Winks, and the Indiana Heavyweight Champion Wild Red Stallion. Taylor Gordy positions himself between the people to keep any violence from happening.

Gordy, “Mr. Grappling, Sandman Winks, Wild Red Stallion, what are you doing here? You’re not scheduled.”

In the back, Lucinda Lush agrees with a ‘yeah, you’re not supposed to be here’.

Grappling, “You’re right. We’re not. We’re not supposed to be out here right now. Wild Red Stallion is supposed to be getting ready for his title defense against The Masked Mauler. The Mayor of Muscle Mountain -- Sandman Winks -- and I should be training for tag matches because we’re coming for the World Tag Titles, that’s right Lucinda. I know the Ring Generals aren’t here, but we’re coming for them -- but we couldn’t sit back and just listen to you guys flap your jaws. ‘Cause we’ve got a surprise for you. We know who Funky’s next challenger is. We know who the next Mid American Champion is.”

The three representatives of the Cadillac Four go wide and Lucinda steps up.

Lush, “Who?”

Mr. Grappling, “This man.”

Mr. Grappling steps aside and out walks.

ENxW5Vv.jpg

JOEY FILI! The Samoan Superman. The twenty-four year old former TCW wrestler was all smiles as Funky Fedora’s eyes went wide. He backed away and started clamouring to Danny Draper.

Lush, “No, no. This can’t be. What’s he doing here?”

Gordy, “I don’t know.. Joey Fili, what are you doing here?”

Fili just smiles and points to Funky Fedora. He didn’t say anything at all and the Cadillac Four made a hasty retreat.

Gordy, “Joey Fili is here in Heartland Pro Wrestling and he has his sights set on the Mid American Championship. Grappling and Sandman Winks want the World Tag Titles and Wild Red Stallion just got in the ring for his title defense. I can’t believe all that is happening. Back to you Marv.”

Angle Rating

5etM6Na.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Earnest, “I didn’t think tonight could get any bigger, but boy was I wrong. Joey Fili is here in HPW?”

Harper “Apparently -- and he wants the Mid American Champion! That’s a match I would pay to see.”

Earnest, “It’s a match I’m sure the COTT matchmaking committee will be working on getting in the ring.”

Harper “I can only hope.”

Earnest, “Up next we have our main event of the evening. The Masked Mauler returns to HPW to challenge Wild Red Stallion for the Indiana Heavyweight Championship. You’ve studied both men’s resumes and in ring skills Grace, what do both men need to do to win?”

Harper “Wild Red Stallion has to stick to his gameplan. He’s the defending champion. The Masked Mauler has to beat the champion. There is only a twenty minute time limit. Stallion has to watch the Claw -- the Mauler’s signature hold. Stallion has the power and speed advantage but Mauler has the technical advantage and I expect both men to wrestle to their strengths in that regard.”

Main Event

Singles Match

3XMStyp.jpg

zjGgqfr.jpg?1mmWyz8z.jpgwCf7Az5.jpg

The main event of the first episode of Wrestling Spotlight was here. It has been quite sometime since the Masked Mauler was in an HPW ring and he had a great opportunity to win a championship against Wild Red Stallion. Mauler wasted no time -- in fact he jumped Stallion as soon as senior official Bret Graveson called for the bell. The Mauler’s offense was all trying to set up the Claw. He worked a side headlock and tried to transition into the Claw, but Stallion kept fighting it off. Mauler kicked Stallion in the gut several times and hit a neckbreaker and then went for the Claw again but again Stallion blocked it. Mauler hit a Bossman Slam for a near fall and then went right for the Claw again, but again Stallion blocked it. Mauler drove his elbow into the top of Stallion’s head and then went for the Claw and this time, instead of just blocking it, Stallion pulled Mauler to him and hoisted him high into the air for a Press Slam. Mauler bounced chest first off the mat and back up to his feet -- though he was still selling the move -- and Stallion hit a big shoulder tackle and then a snap suplex. The match ended when Stallion hit his Lakota Cutter and got his fourth title defense.

In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Wild Red Stallion defeated The Masked Mauler VII in 11:58 by pinfall with a Lakota Cutter. Wild Red Stallion makes defence number four of the HPW Indiana title.

Match Rating

5etM6Na.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Earnest, “And Wild Red Stallion successfully retains his championship. What a match and what a great night of professional wrestling here on the debut episode of Wrestling Spotlight. We hope you join us next week. For Grace Harper and everyone here at Heartland Pro Wrestling, I’m Marv Earnest telling you goodnight and we will see you next time.”

Overall

5etM6Na.jpg

</div>

A/N: All feedback is welcome on the new format for TV shows. Did you like the extra commentary and the transitions between segments? Let me know what you thought of our first TV show!

Before I say anything else I would like to say, "Screw you Mississippi Muscle!" Chet was robbed! Sure the match was a three minute squash, but still. Chet was robbed!

I really liked the added commentary. It gave you the opportunity to flesh out the workers more by having Grace give us her thoughts and added information about the workers.

I also wanted to add that I really liked the "We Are the Champions" montage. Though you either paid through the nose for that or Queen is going to sue you.:p Maybe not, but just stay away from any Don Henley related music because he will sue you.:D

Happy Elwood seems to be cast as the Colt Cabana to Nicky's Punk. I am not sure why I never realized that until just now but I like it.

I am not sure why but I really like Morgan Stryker. Maybe it's the cool render, who knows.

Finally, I really like the renders of The Manifesto. Hats off to whoever made those. They look like actual pictures, such a fantastic job.

Main Event

Singles Match

Singles Match

Six Man Tag Team Match

Singles Match

Singles Match

I liked the narrative before Wrestling Spotlight. It humanizes Marv and shows us that even he, after all these years, is still nervous for the first television taping. I'm excited to see where this all goes!

The theme you picked is a BANGER. I can 1000000000% see that as a theme for a real company. Bravo for that find.

I like the Casey trio, although they lost here. You've been sticking with keeping families together like the Montgomerys, so I like that.

Joey Fili debut huh? How is he doing this far into your save?

Stallion retaining was expected but still a solid main event for the first show.

I think you've nailed the aesthetic and feel of modern studio wrestling, I can tell you've been watching Powerrr :p

I never really took notice before, but I'm super glad that characters from my YTD mod, as well as the other various expansions, are being used here.

Super excited to see what Robert Casey has to offer being paired up with the others. Makes me wish the roster page was never removed though :p

Overall very good read. I also liked the addition of the commentary and transitions between segments, helped flesh out what was happening and give it a 'feel' of a proper wrestling tv show.

Before I say anything else I would like to say, "Screw you Mississippi Muscle!" Chet was robbed! Sure the match was a three minute squash, but still. Chet was robbed!

I really liked the added commentary. It gave you the opportunity to flesh out the workers more by having Grace give us her thoughts and added information about the workers.

I also wanted to add that I really liked the "We Are the Champions" montage. Though you either paid through the nose for that or Queen is going to sue you.:p Maybe not, but just stay away from any Don Henley related music because he will sue you.:D

Happy Elwood seems to be cast as the Colt Cabana to Nicky's Punk. I am not sure why I never realized that until just now but I like it.

I am not sure why but I really like Morgan Stryker. Maybe it's the cool render, who knows.

Finally, I really like the renders of The Manifesto. Hats off to whoever made those. They look like actual pictures, such a fantastic job.

I know you love Chet, but he's only ever used because of the hire local feature. For some reason, he relocated to the Great Lakes region after getting fired/let go/moving on from CZCW.

In my mind, we did something like how WCW did the Nirvana song for DDP's entrance -- but I don't want to get sued! I'm glad you like Happy. I only brought him in because he is Nicky's best friend in the game and I thought that I could do some stuff story wise with him.

I really like Morgan Stryker (whose render was done by willr0ck) and the Manifesto (I'm not sure who did their renders -- they're from one of the community mod add-ons) as well. They remind me of the Steiner Brothers with the letterman jackets.

I liked the narrative before Wrestling Spotlight. It humanizes Marv and shows us that even he, after all these years, is still nervous for the first television taping. I'm excited to see where this all goes!

The theme you picked is a BANGER. I can 1000000000% see that as a theme for a real company. Bravo for that find.

I like the Casey trio, although they lost here. You've been sticking with keeping families together like the Montgomerys, so I like that.

Joey Fili debut huh? How is he doing this far into your save?

Stallion retaining was expected but still a solid main event for the first show.

I think you've nailed the aesthetic and feel of modern studio wrestling, I can tell you've been watching Powerrr :p

I'm glad you like the song! I really like the band -- they've got a bunch of bangers and I thought this could make a good theme. I'm a sucker for families in wrestling (DarK_RaideR openly -- but playfully -- mocks me for this.

Joey's 24 at this point in the save. Young. He just couldn't get over the hump in TCW's roster (but TCW has a much bigger roster now). TCW has pumped up their dojo so they are producing A LOT of workers each March and Joey fell victim to being on the cut-able side of things. He's a really good prospect for the future -- he's got high charisma, good star quality and sex appeal, excellent basics & consistency & safety with good all around stats. He could be a very useful member of the roster.

And yes, this might be my vision of Powerrr/NWA if Billy Corgan ever wants to give me a job (and Billy, if you're reading this, slide into my PMs!)

I never really took notice before, but I'm super glad that characters from my YTD mod, as well as the other various expansions, are being used here.

Super excited to see what Robert Casey has to offer being paired up with the others. Makes me wish the roster page was never removed though :p

Overall very good read. I also liked the addition of the commentary and transitions between segments, helped flesh out what was happening and give it a 'feel' of a proper wrestling tv show.

I have several characters from the YTD mod in here! I've added just about all of the extra character mods so I don't always remember who came from where. I like Robert Casey.

The roster page was sadly cut because it was just too difficult to keep it updated. With our size, guys aren't coming in for long stretches all the time though I can tell you that Robert Casey is on our fulltime roster!

But what happened to Mark Hyatt...

You'll have to wait and see! There are VERY big plans for Mark.

I'm glad people like the commentary bits as well. It was something I was excited to try with this diary (having experimented with it before in DarK_RaideR and my SCCW Diary in 2016). I'll keep that going!

And now.

HhC4ZI5.jpg

Episode 2 Predictions

Main Event

Singles Match

All Action Championship

"The Pharaoh" Talia Neema versus "Red" Yvonne Ericks ©

Singles Match

Edwin Garcia versus Dreadnought w/ Andrew Gibson

Singles Match

Flip Simkins versus "Dapper" Danny Draper w/ Lucinda Lush

Tag Team Match

Melinda Perry & Celestia Copeland versus Piper Hale and Mad Millie Morgan

Eight Man Tag Team Match

The Montgomery Family [Robert, Eric, Kyle, & Shawn] versus Robin Leroy, Tyrone Shearer & Latin Love Coalition [Michel Bouchard & Vicente Deleon]

Opening Match

Singles Match

"The Indiana Dragon" Reggie Combs versus Brent Carpenter

Plus: Hear from Funky Fedora, Nate DeMarcus & Warwick Good, and Deverell's Army

Thank gosh - I thought he might be dead!

Main Event

Singles Match

All Action Championship

Singles Match

Singles Match

Tag Team Match

Eight Man Tag Team Match

The Montgomery Family [Robert, Eric, Kyle, & Shawn] versus Robin Leroy, Tyrone Shearer & Latin Love Coalition [Michel Bouchard & Vicente Deleon]

Opening Match

Singles Match

Episode 2 Predictions

Main Event

Singles Match

All Action Championship

"Red" Yvonne Ericks © def. "The Pharaoh" Talia Neema versus

Singles Match

Dreadnought w/ Andrew Gibson def. Edwin Garcia

Singles Match

"Dapper" Danny Draper w/ Lucinda Lush def. Flip Simkins

Tag Team Match

Piper Hale and Mad Millie Morgan def. Melinda Perry & Celestia Copeland

Eight Man Tag Team Match

The Montgomery Family [Robert, Eric, Kyle, & Shawn] def. Robin Leroy, Tyrone Shearer & Latin Love Coalition [Michel Bouchard & Vicente Deleon]

Opening Match

Singles Match

"The Indiana Dragon" Reggie Combs def. Brent Carpenter

Main Event

Singles Match

All Action Championship

Singles Match

Singles Match

Tag Team Match

Eight Man Tag Team Match

Opening Match

Singles Match

Main Event

Singles Match

All Action Championship

I was probably the only Yvonne stan on this dynasty, and was always hopping that she would get some time in the sun, but now that she acquired literally EVERY BELT of the company, I'm like "my god, I created a monster." XD

Singles Match

Singles Match

Tag Team Match

Eight Man Tag Team Match

Opening Match

Singles Match

Main Event

Singles Match

All Action Championship

Singles Match

Singles Match

Tag Team Match

Eight Man Tag Team Match

Opening Match

Singles Match

Main Event

Singles Match

All Action Championship

Singles Match

Singles Match

Tag Team Match

Eight Man Tag Team Match

Opening Match

Singles Match

Main Event

Singles Match

All Action Championship

Singles Match

Singles Match

Tag Team Match

Eight Man Tag Team Match

Opening Match

Singles Match

Main Event

Singles Match

All Action Championship

Singles Match

Singles Match

Tag Team Match

Eight Man Tag Team Match

Opening Match

Singles Match

Main Event

Singles Match

All Action Championship

Singles Match

Singles Match

Tag Team Match

Eight Man Tag Team Match

Opening Match

Singles Match

<p>Singles Match</p><p>

Twenty Minute TV Time Limit</p><p>

All Action Championship</p><p>

"The Pharaoh" Talia Neema versus <strong>"Red" Yvonne Ericks ©</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Singles Match</p><p>

Fifteen Minute TV Time Limit</p><p>

Edwin Garcia versus <strong>Dreadnought</strong> w/ Andrew Gibson</p><p> </p><p>

Singles Match</p><p>

Flip Simkins versus <strong>"Dapper" Danny Draper</strong> w/ Lucinda Lush</p><p> </p><p>

Tag Team Match</p><p>

Melinda Perry & Celestia Copeland versus <strong>Piper Hale and Mad Millie Morgan</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Eight Man Tag Team Match</p><p>

<strong>The Montgomery Family [Robert, Eric, Kyle, & Shawn]</strong> versus Robin Leroy, Tyrone Shearer & Latin Love Coalition [Michel Bouchard & Vicente Deleon]</p><p> </p><p>

Opening Match</p><p>

Singles Match</p><p>

<strong>"The Indiana Dragon" Reggie Combs</strong> versus Brent Carpenter</p>

<p>Main Event</p><p>

Singles Match</p><p>

Twenty Minute TV Time Limit</p><p>

All Action Championship</p><p>

"The Pharaoh" Talia Neema versus<strong> "Red" Yvonne Ericks ©</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Singles Match</p><p>

Edwin Garcia versus <strong>Dreadnought w/ Andrew Gibson</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Singles Match</p><p>

Flip Simkins versus <strong>"Dapper" Danny Draper w/ Lucinda Lush</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Tag Team Match</p><p>

Melinda Perry & Celestia Copeland versus <strong>Piper Hale and Mad Millie Morgan</strong> </p><p> </p><p>

<em>[Piper & Millie as a tag team is money]</em></p><p> </p><p>

Eight Man Tag Team Match</p><p>

<strong>The Montgomery Family [Robert, Eric, Kyle, & Shawn]</strong> versus Robin Leroy, Tyrone Shearer & Latin Love Coalition [Michel Bouchard & Vicente Deleon]</p><p> </p><p>

Opening Match</p><p>

Singles Match</p><p>

<strong>"The Indiana Dragon" Reggie Combs</strong> versus Brent Carpenter</p>

Main Event

Singles Match

All Action Championship

Singles Match

Singles Match

Tag Team Match

Eight Man Tag Team Match

Opening Match

Singles Match

Wrestling Spotlight Ep #2

<div style="padding: 15px; border: 3px solid #000000; margin:10px;background: #737373; max-width:60%;box-shadow: 0 6px 12px ";">

zMSSETm.png

Episode #?, Friday W? ?. 2024

Center Stage @ Studio 65, Indianapolis, Indiana [Great Lakes, USA]

120 Fans

Broadcast On: WrestleWorld

Rating/Viewership: 16,910 viewers

Pre Show Results

Esperanza Montero, La Hija de Phoenix, Frankie Carmello, Lorraine Bertrand and Tzilla defeated Sophie Steele, Ruby Bloodstone, Valerie Flores, Ximena la Heroína and Yolanda Frey in 11:58 when La Hija de Phoenix pinned Ximena la Heroína with a Phoenix Ash Bomb. (24)

Main Show

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BwU7ai1Us0Y" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

qSIrNZu.jpg?1snF1S53.jpg

Earnest, “Hello ladies and gentlemen and welcome to another exciting, thrill-packed episode of Wrestling Spotlight right here on WrestleWorld. I’m Marvin Earnest and I’m joined in the broadcast booth by my broadcast colleague Grace Harper and this is Heartland Pro Wrestling.”

Harper “It’s great to be back here at Center Stage at Studio 65 in downtown Indianapolis. Have you seen the lineup for tonight’s show, Marv? What a great night of professional wrestling action we are in store for.”

Earnest, “It should be a great night. In our main event, “The Pharaoh” Talia Neema challenges “Red” Yvonne Ericks for the All-Action Championship in what should be a very competitive match between two women who know each other very well. Plus, we will hear from Zippy Deverell about Nicky Champion’s challenge last week and Funky Fedora will address the arrival of Joey Fili to Heartland Pro Wrestling.”

Harper “I’m really looking forward to the main event, but I’m also very curious what Funky will have to say. And is Zippy man enough to accept Nicky’s challenge? Marv, I can’t wait. I’m almost out of my seat with excitement.”

Earnest, “I can tell! But up first on tonight’s show, the “Indiana Dragon” Reggie Combs, a young man from right here in Indianapolis who got into pro wrestling after his hero Conner Threepwood tragically passed away will be stepping into the ring to wrestle a young man named Brent Carpenter. What can you tell us about these competitors, Grace?”

Harper “I don’t know much about Brent. I know he’s a rookie and he’s from Mississippi originally but calls Chicago home. He’s supposedly descended from some pirates and even calls his signature move the Pirate Heel Kick. He’s a good athlete, 6’2”, 222 pounds, but he he hasn’t had any matches as a professional yet that I’ve been able to find.”

Earnest, “So this is his professional debut?”

Harper “As far as I know. He entered the pro ranks in August of this year. His opponent; however, has been wrestling for a year and a half. He’s a technician who favors his version of the Cobra Clutch -- the Chrono Choke. He’s a good young technician who wrestles a lot like his hero Conner Threepwood. He’s still young, but if he can put all of the pieces together he should be a very dangerous pro.”

Earnest, “Well let’s go ringside and find out!”

05TFh3q.png

Opening Match

Singles Match

H2hudwe.jpgmmWyz8z.jpgdzdbt6H.jpg

The first match of the night was a very short affair that was specifically designed to showcase Combs’ skill with holds. There were no strikes or high impact slams, Combs immediately took Carpenter down and went for a knee bar that left Carpenter scrambling to the ropes for a break. Then it was an arm bar that had the same result and finally the Chrono Choke that got a submission victory.

In an abysmal match, Reggie Combs defeated Brent Carpenter in 2:16 by submission with a Chrono Choke.

Match Rating

UAjpYaf.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Earnest, “A dominant win for Reggie Combs in our opening contest. As that young man gets more experience, he’s going to be a dangerous competitor for anyone to step into the ring with.”

Harper, “He certainly will be, Marv. Anybody who has that kind of grappling skill this young is only going to get better. He’s a submission specialist and that makes him even more dangerous as he gets years under his belt. As he learns how to work in and out of holds and how to take a variety of opponents to the mat, he could be almost unstoppable. We could be looking at a future champion.”

Earnest, “We absolutely could be and speaking of champions, Taylor Gordy has an interview up next with the Mid American Champion, Funky Fedora. Take it away, Taylor.”

The camera spins from the announce table to the interview section where Taylor Gordy is standing with Funky Fedora and Lucinda Lush.

TiIkT9w.jpgVulmXLV.jpgz29wduK.jpg

Gordy, “Thank you Marv and Grace. I’m here with the reigning Mid American Champion who, in one week, will become the first Mid American Champion in Heartland Pro Wrestling since Conner Threepwood’s initial reign to hit one full year as champion. He’s got the executive consultant of the Cadillac Four, Lucinda Lush with him. Funky, how do you feel closing in on a year?”

Fedora, “Baby, I feel like any champion should. Y’know Taylor, my mama was a gibson and my daddy was a fender, you know what I mean? That means I’m cut from a different cloth from everyone else out here. I didn’t get to the top by bein’ anything less than the best and that’s what I am. That’s what the Cadillac Four are. We’re the best thing in this business. We’re the cream of the crop. Tell them Lucinda.”

Lush, “He’s right, Taylor. Danny isn’t out here tonight because he’s preparing for his match later and the Ring Generals -- the World’s Tag Team Champions -- are in Japan right now finishing up some commitments there. The Cadillac Four have assembled the best collective of wrestling talent anywhere in this sport. Look at Funky. This man is what it means to be a pro wrestler. Not a hair out of place. A custom-made suit from Michael’s in Kansas City. He is who you want leading your company and he’s been on top of the mountain here for a year. A YEAR Taylor Gordy and what happened last week?”

Lush stares at Gordy until he realizes that it is not a rhetorical question.

Gordy, “Joey Fili showed up…”

Lush, “That’s right! Joey Fili showed up unannounced and unwanted and it was made clear that Joey Fili thinks he should step into the ring with Funky Fedora for the Mid American title. Can you believe that? Funky, the man who has been the standard-bearer here in HPW, the constant at the top of the card, getting into the ring with someone like Joey Fili.”

Gordy, “Well Joey Fili is a tremendous athlete with a great pedigree…”

Fedora, “I don’t care what kind of athlete he is! I don’t care what kind of pedigree he has. He’s not the champion. I am! He shows up in his tank top and his sweatpants like he just woke up from a nap and he’s supposed to get in the ring with me? Look at me! I’m the cock of the walk. Everybody wakes up every day of the week, each week of the month, each month of the year and they all want to be something big. Something important. And a lot of those people say they want to be like Funky Fedora. You know what I mean? I’m the Mid American Champion. For twelve months. And everybody watching this program, they want to be like me. They want to be me. And I’m supposed to step into the ring with Joey Fili? Some guy who looks like he just walked off the street? I don’t think so. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not next week. I’m not wrestling Joey Fili. I’m the number one contender to the World’s Heavyweight Title. I’m not getting in the ring with some unproven commodity to prove anything. I don’t have to prove anything. I’m the Mid American Champion. That’s proof enough.”

Funky and Lucinda walk off of the stage and Gordy looks at the camera and shrugs.

Gordy, “Apparently Funky Fedora will not be wrestling Joey Fili anytime soon. Back to you Grace and Marv.”

Angle Rating

q83BNGO.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Earnest, “Well we will have to wait for further developments there. I’m sure Joey Fili will have something to say about Funky Fedora dismissing him as an unproven commodity.”

Harper, “No one wants to be called unproven. I’m sure Joey will take that personally and Funky is going to have to reckon with the fact that Joey Fili is here for him and the Mid American Championship.”

Earnest, “We will find out, but up next we have a big eight-man tag team contest as the Montgomery Brothers step into the ring against the team of Robin Leroy, Tyrone Shearer, and the Latin Love Coalition. There is a lot of young talent in this match -- what are you looking for in this Grace?”

Harper, “I’m looking to see who can keep their head on their shoulders. With eight men in one match -- four of them being brothers, tempers can easily flare up. Last week, we saw Lacey Montgomery win her match and now all four of her brothers are going to be in action. They want to make sure she’s not the only Montgomery to get a ‘W’, but you know that brothers can sometimes not get along -- where as Robin and Tyrone and Michel and Vicente don’t have that problem. They’re just four young talents hungry for the spotlight. It should be an interesting contest to say the least.”

Eight Man Tag Team Match

ZJVGx9p.jpgqH1jyCx.jpg0rsn7Kb.jpg

mmWyz8z.jpg

9Sn6gRp.jpgVxahvzC.jpgvYcVYy9.jpgNvAH6vX.jpg

The Montgomery Family just looks good standing next to each other. Robert looks like the star of the bunch, but Eric looks the most unique of them with his tattoos. The four brothers from Texas controlled the entirety of the contest. It wasn’t a long contest at all and each of the Montgomery brother got to show what they do best. Eric hit several suplexes -- he’s the grappler of the bunch and Shawn and Kyle showed some slick tag work -- they could be the primary team for the four -- but it was big Robert who got the win. The biggest brother, standing 6’7”, he looks like he could be a future main event player and he hit the Montgomery Driver (Rikishi Driver) on Vicente Deleon that drove him head first into the mat and got the Montgomery Family the win.

In a terrible match, The Montgomery Family (Robert Montgomery Jr., Eric Montgomery, Kyle Montgomery and Shawn Montgomery) defeated Robin Leroy, Tyrone Shearer and Latin Love Coalition in 5:03 when Robert Montgomery Jr. pinned Vicente Deleon with a Montgomery Driver.

Match Rating

s6rwWwJ.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Earnest, “What a dominant performance by the Montgomery Family. I guess we were wrong about there being any brotherly strife.”

Harper, “I’m happy to be wrong about that.”

Earnest, “Up next, Piper Hale and Mad Millie Morgan are scheduled to wrestle, but wait… what’s this? Taylor?”

The camera cuts over to Taylor Gordy who has backed up against the interview desk as Piper Hale and Mad Millie Morgan stand over him snarling demanding that he interview them.

TiIkT9w.jpgRSnbFHa.jpgjwvEkBG.jpg

Gordy, “You guys aren’t scheduled for an interview, you have a match.”

Hale, “Well we’re about to get both. So ask us so damn question before we do something we’re going to regret.”

Gordy, “Alright, alright. What are your plans?”

Morgan, “That’s the best you can ask? I thought you were a professional. Our plans are to get the Women’s Tag Team Titles. Our plan is to break whoever gets in the ring with us, to run through this whole women’s division until they put some respect on our names.”

Hale, “Millie and I are the most violent women in pro wrestling. We’re not scared of anything but HPW has been scared of us. But now there’s Wrestling Spotlight and there’s TV and we’re not letting their fear of us hold us down any longer. HPW management can’t control us and that scares them and guess what. They should be afraid. The violence quotient is about to rise significantly. Come on Millie. Let’s beat these b*****s.”

Hale and Morgan leave the interview section and slide into the ring where their opponents are waiting.

Gordy, “Uh. Well.. Back to you Grace and Marv.”

Angle Rating

TCn9nKR.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Earnest, “That was an unscheduled promo but it doesn’t seem like Piper Hale and Mad Millie Morgan are in any mode for anything jovial.

Harper, “I wouldn’t want to be Melinda Perry or Celestia Copeland right now.”

Earnest, “I wouldn’t want to be either of them.”

Tag Team Match

nCHnpIh.jpge9f2Y3A.jpg

mmWyz8z.jpg

RSnbFHa.jpgjwvEkBG.jpg

The match was wild and Kessie Lee Walker had a tough time keeping control of this -- mostly because Piper Hale and Mad Millie Morgan had no interest in following the rules. While most HPW matches involve very little out of the ring action but this match had a fair amount of brawling outside the ring as Hale and Morgan brought both Perry and Copeland out of the ring. They sent them into the barricade, they dropped them on the apron and then Piper Hale hit a Danger Drop on Celestia Copeland to get the win.

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but terrible wrestling, Piper Hale and Mad Millie Morgan defeated Melinda Perry and Celestia Copeland in 3:54 when Piper Hale pinned Celestia Copeland with a Danger Drop.

In terms of in-ring work, Piper Hale was head and shoulders above everyone else.

Match Rating

eY06yN9.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Earnest, “What a brutal display by Piper Hale and Mad Millie Morgan. They completely decimated their opponents tonight.”

Harper, “It’s matches like that where I am glad I am retired.”

Earnest, “Taylor Gordy is ready to interview Nate DeMarcus and Warwick Good. Take it away Taylor.”

TiIkT9w.jpgrqaDjDy.jpg?1W7pNzDW.jpg

Gordy, “Thank you Marv and Grace. I’m here with Nate DeMarcus and Warwick Good. At Railroad City Rumble, Warwick, you agreed to be Nate DeMarcus’ tag team partner as he looks to get revenge on Bred for Battle for putting US Patriot on the shelf indefinitely. People around the wrestling world are wondering why. So, why?”

Good, “I’ll tell you why, Taylor Gordy. I don’t like bullies. It’s as simple as that. I don’t like men who take advantage of other men. I don’t like men who take cheap shots when they see someone is wounded. This is a tough sport. A sport where only the toughest of men and women can survive and I love this great sport, but I love honor in this sport. I don’t take kindly to the way Bred for Battle conducts themselves and Nate DeMarcus, my friend here, is an honorable man. He doesn’t take the lowroad, he doesn’t take shortcuts, he doesn’t take cheap shots. I couldn’t let him stand by himself.”

DeMarcus, “And I appreciate you standing with me. See Taylor Gordy, Warwick Good is a bad man from the Badlands. He knows what it’s like to put in that hard work, just like me. I owe the US Patriot my career. He won me my job back here in Heartland Pro Wrestling. He got me back here in this company I love and now because of me he’s on the shelf. That ain’t right. It ain’t right that Bred for Battle takes pleasure in his pain and me and Warwick, we’re going to get even. We’re going to teach Bred for Battle about humility. We’re going to teach them that it doesn’t matter how big and bad you think you are, because there is always someone out there just as big or just as bad as you. Dreadnought. James Diaz. You’re bigger than us but you ain’t badder than us. Me and Warwick, we’re as bad as they come and when we get in the ring together, boys, you’re going to find out just how bad we can get.”

Gordy, “Strong words from two men who don’t seem the least bit intimidated. Will Bred for Battle answer their challenge? We’ll have to wait to find out. Marv, Grace, back to you.”

Angle Rating

Jrg5kVb.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Earnest, “That’s a tag team match that I would pay to see. Nate DeMarcus and Warwick Good against Bred for Battle? That’s sure to bring the fireworks.

Harper, “It absolutely is and I hope we’re going to get to see it real soon.”

Earnest, “Me too, but you know what we are going to get to see soon?”

Harper, “What’s that?”

Earnest, “Flip Simkins taking on Danny Draper -- because that is up next.”

Singles Match

IGHfNwK.jpgmmWyz8z.jpgYU7OoC8.jpgxuZwatk.jpgz29wduK.jpg

The young highflying Canadian, Flip Simkins, came out of the gate very strong with several quick dropkicks that had Draper bumping all over the ring. Flip hit the ropes and springboarded off for a moonsault that got him a quick two count and Draper rolled out of the ring to break the momentum. He took several deep breaths and consulted with Lucinda Lush on the outside of the ring. Lush gave Draper some advice and massaged a knot out of his neck -- like a good trainer and consultant should do before Draper slowly got back into the ring. Simkins came running in again, but this time Draper sidestepped him and blasted Simkins in the back of the neck with a forearm. Draper went right to work with some quick offense -- a couple of neckbreakers, a leg drop and then the D-Struction for the quick victory.

In an extremely short match, Dapper Danny Draper defeated Flip Simkins in 3:36 by pinfall with a D-Struction.

Match Rating

Jrg5kVb.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Earnest, “Draper managed to pull that one out. I was certain that was going to go to Flip Simkins the way he started off.”

Harper, “Give a lot of credit to Lucinda for calming Danny down and helping him settle into his game. Once he did, it didn’t take long for him to go to work and get the victory.”

Earnest, “Up next, Dreadnought steps into the ring with Edwin Garcia. Will Dreadnought run through Edwin Garcia? Or will the youngster be able to shock the wrestling world here.”

Harper, “I wouldn’t bet on it. Edwin Garcia is a good young prospect. He’s originally from Hawaii and is the grandson of legendary wrestler Professor Nero. He’s been a pro since May of this year and this could be an opportunity for him to show what he’s capable of but he’s up against a six foot five inch, three hundred and nineteen pound wrecking machine in Dreadnought. I don’t like his chances.”

Singles Match

WTexnOZ.jpgmmWyz8z.jpgh7OAb9p.jpgxuZwatk.jpgqYmW8S4.jpg

Edwin Garcia, the aforementioned grandson of Professor Nero, was making his CWI debut here against Dreadnought. Unfortunately for Garcia, Dreadnought wasted no time in dismantling him. The bell rang and Gibson yelled charge and Dreadnought broke across the ring and hit Garcia with a shoulder tackle that turned Garcia inside out. That was followed up by tossing him in the corner and hitting several big body strikes before backing up and hitting a running Avalanche. Garcia fell to the mat and Dreadnought climbed onto the second rope and came off with the Dread Splash and won the match.

In an extremely short match, Dreadnought defeated Edwin Garcia in 1:28 by pinfall with a Dread Splash.

Match Rating

dDKos9e.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Earnest, “That didn’t last long.”

Harper, “When you’re as big and mean as Dreadnought, things rarely do. He’s a monster of a man and he continued to prove that tonight. Nate DeMarcus and Warwick Good might want to double think their lack-of-fear of Bred for Battle. Standing across the ring from Dreadnought is no easy task.”

Earnest, “I’m glad it’s not me. Coming up next, Taylor Gordy interviews Zippy Deverell about Nicky Champion’s challenge. Take it away Taylor.”

TiIkT9w.jpgV9qNagr.jpg2cfwIcJ.jpgpi2WXKO.jpgpmWxq4s.jpg

Zippy Deverell was not alone at the interview table. He was flanked by the Taggs and his moonshine drinking cousin, Haley Buck.

Gordy, “Last week, Zippy, Nicky Champion came out here with Happy Elwood and Jimmy Chipolata and challenged the three of you to a match here on Wrestling Spotlight. Do you have a response for him?”

Deverell, “Nicky Champion, it’s really easy to come out here and make challenges and talk a big game when you’ve got an eight figure bank account and can get your best friend a job. It’s easy to come out here and demand things when you’re used to pro wrestling givin’ you whatever you want, but not me. I didn’t give you what you want. Instead, I gave you an asswhooping. I pinned you in the middle of the ring. And then me and the Taggs took a pound of flesh out of your hide. We whipped you like the dog you are. And you want more? You want more? Nicky, I will put you in the ground and smile. The Taggs will do the same thing. You used to be my hero, Nicky, but you’re not that guy anymore. You want another ass whooping? Fine. We’ll happily doll it out. We’ll beat you, your little protege. Your little best friend. We’ll beat the three of you and send you runnin’ for the hills. Just don’t come out here cryin’ after it happens.”

Gordy, “There you have it. Deverell’s Army has accepted the challenge from Nicky Champion, Jimmy Chipolata, and Happy Elwood! Back to you Marv and Grace.”

Angle Rating

T8HPE4s.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Earnest, “What a match that is going to be! A blockbuster six man tag match that will happen here on an episode of Wrestling Spotlight.”

Harper, “But it’s not tonight, Marv. Because up next is our main event.”

Earnest, “Yes it is. For the All Action Championship. Talia Neema Challenging Yvonne Ericks for the title.”

Harper, “And what a match this is going to be Marv. These women know each other incredibly well. They’ve met multiple times in tag team, six-woman, eight-woman or even ten-woman tags but they’ve only met in singles action one time and Yvonne Ericks came out ahead in that match -- but Yvonne Ericks has been an incredibly busy woman. She holds the All Action Championship and the Women’s Championship -- she’d held both since April and has been defending both. In August, she and Black Diamond won the Women’s Tag Titles. That’s a lot of gold around Yvonne’s waist but at what point does that schedule catch up to Yvonne. At what point has she been in too many championship matches? At what point does her body give out? Will it be tonight? Or will she once again dig down deep and find a way to pull out the victory?”

Earnest, “The only way to find out is to go the ring because that match is right now.”

Main Event

Singles Match

TMrzSXs.jpg

bU1IQXb.jpgmmWyz8z.jpgq32tOPo.jpg

The crowd was ready for the main event and the main event provided the first truly competitive match of the night. Ericks came out with all three of her championships -- it was clear that HPW wanted to present her as a major deal. The Canadian kickboxer has been a breakout star of the women’s division, earning lots of praise and fanfare while Neema has been on the HPW roster since day one. She’s been an integral part of the women’s division without ever getting to shine on her own. She was regal in her outfit and she played to the crowd masterfully. She avoided a lot of Ericks strikes and was playing a cat and mouse game, trying to frustrate the champion. The first lock-up was won by Ericks, who brought Neema over with a side headlock takeover but then released the hold and backed up so she could try for a running knee strike but Neema rolled out of the way and Ericks was all smiles. The match picked up from there and the crowd was into everything. Ericks started landing strikes. Hitting several leg kicks -- trying to chop Neema down and Neema continued to try and run and hide until she was able to seize an opening and rake the eyes and go to work. Neema, a born showman, played to the crowd masterfully. She slowed Ericks down and grounded her while also interacting with the camera and the crowd. She talked trash to Ericks and really grinded her face in the mat. She stomped on her. She stood on her hair and pulled her up by her arms -- which really drew the ire of the fans. She tossed her out of the ring and taunted some more. While referee Kessie Lee Walker checked on Ericks, Neema took the opportunity to remove the turnbuckle covering, exposing the metal ring. Ericks was back in the ring and immediately went on offense. She hit several big kicks, hit the ropes and looked for a Mafia Kick that Neema just moved out of the way of. Ericks throw several elbow strikes to Neema and went for the Mafia Kick once more, but Neema moved out of the way again and this time, pushed Ericks headfirst into the exposed turnbuckle. Ericks fell back to the mat and Neema made the pin and got the three count and we have a new champion.

In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Talia Neema defeated Yvonne Ericks in 15:36 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. Talia Neema wins the HPW All Action title.

Match Rating

SOu1Rx2.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Earnest, “We have a new champion! Talia Neema is All Action Champion!”

Harper, “By hook or crook, she was able to steal the championship tonight. “

Earnest, “She certainly was, but that’s all we have time for tonight. For Grace Harper and everyone here at Heartland Pro Wrestling, I’m Marv Earnest saying thank you for joining us on Wrestling Spotlight and we will see you next time, right here on WrestleWorld.”

Overall

Ik9C7k9.jpg

</div>

Really enjoyed the show. Really enjoyed Zippy getting his moment beating Champion -- he seems to be "Mr. HPW". He's probably the "main attraction" for most viewers: Zippy's involved in most storylines, and while he isn't holding the belt as much, he doesn't need to. Really enjoyed the Fedora segment -- I've never liked Flair's character, but his promo on Fili really worked for me.

Garcia can really work a match -- don't know if "being squashed on TV" really would be the best path for him. If he's anything like his relative, Edwin probably would get over as a manager. Personally, I think "Bred for Battle" would be perfect, though it means shifting Gibson somewhere else.

I'd move Gibson backward -- let him rub off pop on an up-and-coming team -- only to move back into the spotlight when they win the titles.