The C-Verse Re/Render Project: Episode IV: A New Hope

SubD divides the mesh into more surfaces, giving you a smoother, more detailed render. It's a requirement if you want to use the HD characters to their full potential. The downside is that it creates more polys and eats up more resources.

To change it, select your character, open the parameters tab, select the all group and scroll down to the Render SubD Level slider. I usually set mine to 4, which divides the polys in the model 4 times.

Your 2nd render looks good too. Elianeck's lights make a world of difference compared to the stock ones. :)

Thank you! Will definitely look at that. And yeah I think the lighting makes a huge difference. At the minute (for that most recent one) I’m using a combination of the default Paramount Lights scene that London showed me and the first Elianeck light in the X Iray Light pack, I think they work quite well together (although my laptop struggles) but still experimenting.

The second one, definitely! You're on a path to superstar status, if you keep this up! :D

Thanks. Yeah I think I prefer that one too, was just worried I was throwing too many lights in! So that’s an adjusted standard paramount scene (can't remember which) + ElaineCK X Light 1 + DTLP6 Light Probe 21 - Soft (exterior) from the iRadiance expansion 5 set. Both that set and expansion 4 are in the BYOB at the minute I think so if anyone is interested and has Daz+ you can get them very cheap. Going to experiment with a few of the others in the set now :D

Not quite settled on a camera setup yet, but I have at least realised that I can render from the perspective of the camera now :o Not sure this fits anyone in the Cornellverse so another free pic.

0c9FrVH.pngeqe3CZT.png

On second viewing I might need to revisit her hair.

As always, great work everyone. Bringing you my Steffi Chee interpretation on this wonderful Friday morning. Her hair was a big pain to render and left a little spot on her forehead. No time today to mess with it but I'll fix and re-render her later (and also post the full-size image).

q1g4Edj.jpg

Steffi Chee

Check out all of my renders and read a little more about my rendering process and ideas here on my render thread (which I haven't updated in a while).

If anyone knows any good two strap wrestling style attires that fit 8 and ideally also 8.1 women well please point me in their direction.

Here's my take on Wendy Anderson

CCg4Nl4.pngIuCFbG7.jpg

Love your Wendy! She's one of my favorite C-Verse wrestlers. I have a Wendy in my Daz but I'm not happy with her yet...

It's surprisingly hard to find good wrestling attire in the Daz store. I have a "dforce Tigress Outfit" that's really versatile (Steffi is wearing one of the alternate versions). I think the promo picture actually shows a wrestler.

I also use "Cheerleading Squad Outfit". What I like about this one is that it's got two tops, one that wraps around the neck and another that has long sleeves. I've used both extensively in my renders. (My Ellie di Grazia and Eva Berlin are wearing the long sleeve one)

Also just the basic tops that came with Daz--the sports bra is really easy to change textures and colors and always looks nice (I'd say 50% of my renders wear this)

The other one I use is the Alexa Bliss inspired one, which I think I've already seen on your renders. It looks so nice but TBH I wish it were a little more versatile ( or that you could remove straps)

Love your Wendy! She's one of my favorite C-Verse wrestlers. I have a Wendy in my Daz but I'm not happy with her yet...

It's surprisingly hard to find good wrestling attire in the Daz store. I have a "dforce Tigress Outfit" that's really versatile (Steffi is wearing one of the alternate versions). I think the promo picture actually shows a wrestler.

I also use "Cheerleading Squad Outfit". What I like about this one is that it's got two tops, one that wraps around the neck and another that has long sleeves. I've used both extensively in my renders. (My Ellie di Grazia and Eva Berlin are wearing the long sleeve one)

Also just the basic tops that came with Daz--the sports bra is really easy to change textures and colors and always looks nice (I'd say 50% of my renders wear this)

The other one I use is the Alexa Bliss inspired one, which I think I've already seen on your renders. It looks so nice but TBH I wish it were a little more versatile ( or that you could remove straps)

That’s a huge help, thank you! Yeah I got the Alexa one and another wrestling themed one, either of which would be perfect if you could just remove the neck straps! I will have a play with the sports bra and either wish list or buy the others depending on price, cheers.

Great work on these two. Her default render was passable for 2016 QAW, but after the move to USPW and subsequent push, she was in dire need of an upgrade and this is top notch.

Thank you, I think those are the renders I'm happiest with so far.

The Muscle Monsters (Glorious Gloria & Juliette King)

Af9KyLS.pngYUp6k5V.pngFEj0QjD.jpgfsXS8Km.jpg

Your lighting set-up is (as always) just fantastic. It's perfect for the characters in this game - gives them a real superhero/action figure vibe!

Is there one in particular that you use, or is it custom made?

Thanks! That’s exactly what I’m going for so I’m glad it’s coming across that way.

I use incandescent portrait lighting

It’s very useful and has a lot of options