The C-Verse Re/Render Project: Episode IV: A New Hope

On 4/3/2023 at 9:21 PM, EdJames said:

Decided to take this all one stage further and whilst this is going to take FOREVER, I'm pleased with the results thus far...

What do you guys think?

Example.png

For the guy who doesn't know how these are done but would love to learn.... How? How do you do these?

55 minutes ago, EdJames said:

Finally completed all of TCW, along with the Stone family...

TCW.thumb.png.dfcf28ae377f7723fd2e094e30e436d2.png

Is this a picture pack you guys would use, or do people prefer the more cartoony style of the original renders?

It has serious potential. The issue is it would have to be the whole c-verse you know? Plus a substantial free worker base to play with. Not saying it HAS to be, but just me personally. The renders are so drastically dif that I would get my immersion busted every time I saw an original c-verse render, super sick though!

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Peria said:

It has serious potential. The issue is it would have to be the whole c-verse you know? Plus a substantial free worker base to play with. Not saying it HAS to be, but just me personally. The renders are so drastically dif that I would get my immersion busted every time I saw an original c-verse render, super sick though!

I agree with this. If it had a full Cornellverse I would probably use it. It looks really awesome. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Juce said:

I agree with this. If it had a full Cornellverse I would probably use it. It looks really awesome. 

Agreed! :)

51 minutes ago, Eisen-verse said:

Is it possible to get a new, updated version of Streetz? I wanted to add him into IPW as a manager. Thank you!

Streetz.jpg.bf5b38910301f72754089289466e09e2.jpg

King Bison has created this awesome version! :)

Streetz.jpg

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, EdJames said:

Is this a picture pack you guys would use, or do people prefer the more cartoony style of the original renders?

I would absolutely use it. These are beauties. I wanted to give the CZCSW roster a go with a few added roster members when I'd asked how you go about doing these. As it turns out... I'm not as patient as you are... Ahahahahahaha

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, EdJames said:

AI is such a fantastic tool and I’m really impressed with the consistency of most of these as I know that piece can be tricky. I’ve messed with midjourney a bit but definitely don’t have the patience to produce this quantity. I think they look great and if you’re aiming for a full picture pack I say more power to you friend! Look forward to seeing what else you can come up with

The though of a full picture pack seems nigh impossible.

Great idea though and great job on this but as others say it's so substantially different that it's almost unusable (imo) in a game. But I guess if you play TCW and have the know-how, you can easily give new signees the "AI treatment". :p But for me, I'll have a half-half roster a year into the game which would break immersion.

1 hour ago, Blackman said:

The though of a full picture pack seems nigh impossible.

Great idea though and great job on this but as others say it's so substantially different that it's almost unusable (imo) in a game. But I guess if you play TCW and have the know-how, you can easily give new signees the "AI treatment". :p But for me, I'll have a half-half roster a year into the game which would break immersion.

If I can do the whole database, it's easy enough to then create "free workers". 

I'm actually creating a ton as I go along from ones I don't use. 

• Like 1

Speedy progress on the SWF roster!

Personal favourites are Joe Sexy, Frederique Garcia, Kurt Laramee and Everest. 

You have no idea how many goes I had to have at John Greed...AI does NOT like mutton chops. Fun fact...it also doesn't know what a goatee is and often uses a circle beard in its place....so Angry Gilmore was nightmarish to do.

3.thumb.png.4dc8059da8efc424e2712cb51785bc08.png

• Like 5

On 4/8/2023 at 3:30 AM, EdJames said:

Awesome work. Do you have the single pics?