General Gameplay Questions Thread

I really hope that I'm able to explain this...

I am playing a real world mod and running a medium sized company. I have one PPV deal, Cablevision and one tv deal on WGN.

My PPV buys were doing really well, until I created my own network and started showing my events on it, while also still showing it on Cablevision because they were allowing me to show it on both.

My last PPV buys on Cablevision before putting them also on my own network were: 341,879

My PPV buys on Cablevision now, after putting it also on my own network are: 0 Buys (for the past five months)

Viewers on WGN before I put my show, also on my own network were: 534,981

Viewers now on WGN, after I put the show also on my network are: 0 viewers

I also lost all my PPV revenue, when I started airing them also on my own network.

My game is up to date and everything else is working just fine. I was also having this problem before the most recent patch.

Has anyone else experienced this?

If your network is Free to Air or Commercial and covers the same area as WGN & Cablevision, people are going to definitely watch your PPVs for free on your network rather than pay to watch them on Cablevision. It would be better to only show them on Cablevision.

I did a search for an answer to this but I didn't see that anyone answered it. Does anyone know? I ask because I have been booking TCW with nine shows a month for three months now and my unimportant workers have not gained momentum at all no matter how many Pre show wins I give them. Most of the guys I am trying to push have had 10-15 wins and no change.

Curious of this myself.

Just had a worker put on the best match on a PPV with the highest match rating and it still says cooled momentum.

EDIT: I've found I think most of the posts talking about it so I want to accept that it just changes over time but it feels like it's a bit too much to swing it back.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Irishwhiskey119" data-cite="Irishwhiskey119" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Curious of this myself. <p> </p><p> Just had a worker put on the best match on a PPV with the highest match rating and it still says cooled momentum.</p><p> </p><p> EDIT: I've found I think most of the posts talking about it so I want to accept that it just changes over time but it feels like it's a bit too much to swing it back.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A quick gimmick change and he'll be back to normal, makes sense since it's like the worker is rebranding themselves.</p>

Small question lads. Is the "well executed squash" dirt sheet note removed from the game? I have tried to book a Crusher von Steinberg to do some squashes but I don't get that note and it seems that he doesn't get any overness from them, in fact he is loosing pop. I book him in a 4 min match, dominate, decisive win vs an unimportant worker with high selling. My product is Sports Entertainment and Crusher is currently also unkown with a verry good rated Dominant gimmick, has 80 menace, 62 charisma and the Squash Master attribute.

Small question lads. Is the "well executed squash" dirt sheet note removed from the game? I have tried to book a Crusher von Steinberg to do some squashes but I don't get that note and it seems that he doesn't get any overness from them, in fact he is loosing pop. I book him in a 4 min match, dominate, decisive win vs an unimportant worker with high selling. My product is Sports Entertainment and Crusher is currently also unkown with a verry good rated Dominant gimmick, has 80 menace, 62 charisma and the Squash Master attribute.

I may be wrong, but I don't think that unknown wrestlers can get that note - I think you need to be known well enough for the crowd to recognise you as someone who can legitimately squash a random.

I may be wrong, but I don't think that unknown wrestlers can get that note - I think you need to be known well enough for the crowd to recognise you as someone who can legitimately squash a random.

OK so I tested this. Took over EWA where Crusher is a well known. Had the same set up as in my normal save and indeed got the well executed squash note. So you are right, the worker doing the squash needs to not be an unkown to get the note. However Crusher still lost 2 pop from that match (went from 29 in centtal europe to 27). So it still seems to me thst squash matches don't work or that Crusher, despite having the Squash Master attribite might not be able to benefit from squash matches (maybe he needs more charisma?)

Edit: After further testing it seems that in order toget the note the winner needs to be at least well known(the note doesn't appear for recognisable wrestlers). Still no luck making the winner not loose pop though.

OK so I tested this. Took over EWA where Crusher is a well known. Had the same set up as in my normal save and indeed got the well executed squash note. So you are right, the worker doing the squash needs to not be an unkown to get the note. However Crusher still lost 2 pop from that match (went from 29 in centtal europe to 27). So it still seems to me thst squash matches don't work or that Crusher, despite having the Squash Master attribite might not be able to benefit from squash matches (maybe he needs more charisma?)

Edit: After further testing it seems that in order toget the note the winner needs to be at least well known. Still no luck making the winner not loose pop though.

Is he beating people with higher popularity than he has? Is he just squashing unknowns? I've had plenty of squash matches that gain popularity. It doesn't always result in pop losses.

Is he beating people with higher popularity than he has? Is he just squashing unknowns? I've had plenty of squash matches that gain popularity. It doesn't always result in pop losses.

He is squashing unknowns, which is what the game demands in order to give you the well executed squash note (just like in 2016 whers you needed to squash enhancement talents to get the note).

Edit: After further testing it seems that in order toget the note the winner needs to be at least well known(the note doesn't appear for recognisable wrestlers). Still no luck making the winner not loose pop though.

Did you use the Domination note? Because if you use it and the worker doesn't have good charisma he will lose pop.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Team Kawada" data-cite="Team Kawada" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'd be very grateful if someone could answer these two questions:<p> </p><p> 1. I'm playing as BHOTWG. I'm not required to have storylines, but will they still have an effect?</p><p> </p><p> 2. With which workers should I use Spectacle and Epic? What's the difference?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Thanks!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Storyline heat still plays a part. I run no-style that has no requirement for storylines and I get penalised for low heat or gain a bonus for high heat.</p><p> </p><p> I’m not sure if this is correct, but I’ve always read spectacle as work-rate, in ring ability and epic as psychology based storytelling. I could be wrong though.</p>

Storyline heat still plays a part. I run no-style that has no requirement for storylines and I get penalised for low heat or gain a bonus for high heat.

I’m not sure if this is correct, but I’ve always read spectacle as work-rate, in ring ability and epic as psychology based storytelling. I could be wrong though.

Thanks. I must admit I read Spectacle/Epic as Spectacle: Workers with good psychology/overness but not necessarily that good in ring skills, Epic: Workers with good psychology/overness AND good in ring skills...

Hey folks. Got a minor question. Some dorky dude with low buisness skill created a promotion, which I took over about 2years later. But it's still generating high losses on a monthly basis. With a single show per month, it's generating a loss of around 16k total, while only making about a hundred bucks in passive income. Any chance to increase the merch or sponsoring Cash Flow of your developmental area? (I'm only small myself, while still running a positive cash flow of around 50k a month)

Thanks in advance!

Hey folks. Got a minor question. Some dorky dude with low buisness skill created a promotion, which I took over about 2years later. But it's still generating high losses on a monthly basis. With a single show per month, it's generating a loss of around 16k total, while only making about a hundred bucks in passive income. Any chance to increase the merch or sponsoring Cash Flow of your developmental area? (I'm only small myself, while still running a positive cash flow of around 50k a month)

Thanks in advance!

What is the production of the promotion looking like?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="alexvesco" data-cite="alexvesco" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can you do turns in Angle's???</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes</p>