Public Beta Reaction Thread

This is incredibly wrong. The beta test is already over, this is a trial version of how the game will pretty much look like in a week. Adam will surely fix most of the bugs that people who are playing the game right now are running into, but it's safe to say that there won't be massive changes to the UI until the final release - because visuals aren't easy to fix. Designing and programming good user interfaces is not a trivial task and it's certainly not done within a week.

What games have you developed?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When dozens of users are reporting migraine attacks or the feeling of getting one, it's not an exaggeration. :o

Fair point.

So the main screen of the game, where you spend the majority of the time planning and developing, is very hard to deal with? Can you re-read that a couple of times and ask yourself if people are exaggerating?

Again, fair point. But, I've found it very easy to find the information I need without using that section.

Have only had a good chance to sit down with the Beta now. Was reading all the complaints about the UI and thinking they were over-exaggerated as I had a quick look at the game before I had to go to work and thought it looked fine, if somewhat cluttered. Sad to say that as I'm sitting with it now I am getting blurry vision at some screens (from all the white tables lines, I think) and generally finding it a bit difficult to look at. I HATE saying that as I know how much hard work has gone into the game and I feel almost ungrateful not giving it immediate praise but as I'm just looking around the various screens, getting ready to actually start a playthrough, I am becoming concerned I may not physically be able to actually look at this game screen for prolonged periods while playing.

I'm sure it can be improved and it probably won't stop me from buying the game (unless further play results in headaches to go with the blurred vision) but I no longer think the complaints are exaggerated. The UI has to be revamped.

Hopefully I can come back to this thread and post positively about the gameplay in a bit!

I really like the feature where you could put setting in some searches and save the game, and reload and those settings dont disappear, i may be stupid aswell as old but i can never remember seeing this and its nice to jump back in with a filter and remember whan I was doing.

<p>I personally think the UI is very nice looking. I don't like how many clicks I have to make to get to where I want to be, but can get used to it.</p><p> </p><p>

Question I have for people is; did any of the beta testers pick up on the issues that people are experiencing with the UI? Were they happy with the overall look and functionality of the game?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Strieth" data-cite="Strieth" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What games have you developed?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm a fullstack software developer. I don't write games, but I'm constantly programming user interfaces. It's very obvious that you don't know what you're talking about.</p>

<p>One thing that is kinda wild about the UI to me is how the title screen, Companies search screen, and the website banner/sidebar look so damn good then everywhere else is like a completely different game. But I've griped enough about the UI.</p><p> </p><p>

Putting on a new skin improves it massively and now that I've been able to dive a bit more into the game, I'm really digging a lot of the improvements. Sticky search is a blessing. Some of the preference options are great too, like being able to turn off disposition changing times, especially when calling someone up who may have turned face/heel without you knowing. The new handbook is also great.</p>

<p>The only thing I don't like is that before, when looking at my roster for example, I would select one worker and use the Up/Down arrow keys to scroll through them but that appears to not work now. Considering I used to read ALL the profiles before playing the game, it is giving me a hard time with all the clicking.</p><p> </p><p>

And yes, the font is too small, but I can deal with it.</p>

<p>Haven't spent a lot of time as I read all the features thing on the screen before you start a game to get a better idea of what all was added. I then went through the companies to read bios and checked the big 3 in America as well as some individual workers I like and read all those bios. The game world feels much more alive than ever, and I love that. Overall, the game itself appears to be something I'm going to sink endless hours into.</p><p> </p><p>

That being said, the negative for me is also the UI. I'm not getting headaches or think it's ugly as others have mentioned, it's more the overwhelming amount of buttons without them being organized in a way like they were in TEW16 and WMMA. I'm also not used to where the buttons are so the validity of this being a complaint because the UI sucks, for lack of a better term, or more a complaint of myself for hating it just because it's new, remains to be seen.</p><p> </p><p>

Regardless, I will absolutely be buying it day 1. I've always been a gameplay guy over everything else and the gameplay of this game as well as the depth that follows is massive, and that excites me to be able to waste days, weeks and months of my life booking the territory.</p>

<p>I gave the game another little go last night. Slowly getting used to the U.I and personally think with a few adjustments it could be perfect. I'm not sure who posted the screenshot now but someone edited the forty-something buttons on the office section just to make them a little neater rather than being clustered together in one big eyesore, so that could definitely be adjusted to be a little like that screenshot.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm a huge fan of the TEW series so I will definitely still purchase the game on release day. And if I am not a big fan of it on release day then that's okay, I can just come back to it at a later date as anyone in this forum knows that Adam acknowledges any issues with the game and comes out with regular patches. Despite a few issues already addressed throughout this thread, I think we possibly have a great edition to the TEW series once those said issues are dealt with. </p><p> </p><p>

It's definitely something new that's for sure, but definitely worth being patient with.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TEWFan" data-cite="TEWFan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The only thing I don't like is that before, when looking at my roster for example, I would select one worker and use the Up/Down arrow keys to scroll through them but that appears to not work now. Considering I used to read ALL the profiles before playing the game, it is giving me a hard time with all the clicking.<p> </p><p> And yes, the font is too small, but I can deal with it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It works, but you have to go into Preferences and uncheck "Enable New-Style Coloured Lists". So you'll lose the colored names (gold for champions, red for injured (i believe)), but gain the ability to use the arrow keys again.</p>

God... this is... a chore. Ive been playing this series since it was Total Extreme Wrestling with nWo macho mans white hot promos

The UI is out of control I can not stand it. It needs a major overhaul and about a million less clicks to take us where we want to be (TEW 2016 with more features) The resolution is awful, it looks terrible, scrolling is gone, it takes 10x longer to do every single thing than in did in 2016

This is a drastic step down. This is the only time Ive felt this way about TEW, since ive been at the release of each game and thought immediately how much more amazing they were out of the gate than the last one

This one is much, much worse than 2016. I dont see how it could be saved barring a delay for a long time and a complete overhaul. How did it get so out of hand?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place but I couldn't find the tech support thread. Can anyone help me with the error I'm facing when starting a new save with a converted database (Ruthless Aggression), it says "Error '76': Path Not Found".

Sorry if it's been mentioned elsewhere but there's a lot of posts to read through. Can anyone tell me if there's still a way to change the match ratings to grades instead of numbers? I'm fine with everything else, I just like seeing grades for match ratings. I've had a quick look without any luck.

I'm a fullstack software developer. I don't write games, but I'm constantly programming user interfaces. It's very obvious that you don't know what you're talking about.

Games don't work the same way as other media. You are describing what is now known as the alpha phase in video games, which was all done in-house. A short beta was introduced a month or two ago. This is the first public release and we have now officially entered Beta, which will last for one week. After full release, Adam will use information gathered from the one week public Beta phase for the patches. You can't go around acting so confident when the title of the thread says beta and the thread was started by the games' sole developer who you've now decided doesn't know what a beta is as a consumer of his product... Games haven't been complete on release for years now whether you're mad at it or not and nobodies asking for all this work to be completed in a week.

I was playing around with the auto fill or whatever it's called function. I went to create a company, the first time choosing large size and it gave me the first error then crashed. I reloaded and reproduced it. I reloaded again and tried smaller company sizes. For both medium and small companies it gave me the second different error and then crashed again.

PdYh2Kg.jpg

Sorry if it's been mentioned elsewhere but there's a lot of posts to read through. Can anyone tell me if there's still a way to change the match ratings to grades instead of numbers? I'm fine with everything else, I just like seeing grades for match ratings. I've had a quick look without any luck.

Grades do appear to be gone unless I'm overlooking something. I've always preferred the numbers, but it is strange to see the letters gone because I seem to recall they were the default in 2016?

This is, if anything, a pseudo beta because there's not nearly enough time to fix major problems that might come up in this time. I know this is what it's called like officially and game developers have started to do this in recent years, but it's completely different from what a beta was originally supposed to be.

Anyway, that wasn't the main part of my post. The main part was that Adam is not going to be able to change anything significant about the user interface within one week.

This is, if anything, a pseudo beta because there's not nearly enough time to fix major problems that might come up in this time. I know this is what it's called like officially and game developers have started to do this in recent years, but it's completely different from what a beta was originally supposed to be.

Anyway, that wasn't the main part of my post. The main part was that Adam is not going to be able to change anything significant about the user interface within one week.

So I'm not incredibly wrong because your definitions are outdated, am I?

For what it's worth, can whatever algorithm booking AI shows also be used for the Auto Booker?

When auto booking the whole show, I always end up with 5 angles in a row before the main event and a random tag team match at the end.

The AI booking for other companies clearly seems more intelligent with how the angles and matches alternate.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place but I couldn't find the tech support thread. Can anyone help me with the error I'm facing when starting a new save with a converted database (Ruthless Aggression), it says "Error '76': Path Not Found".

Here's the link to it!

http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=269

Also check the FAQ and recent fixes before posting, it looks like Adam is rolling out a patch today with a bunch of fixes in it

Can we seriously get the ugly modding screen fixed? I love 50% of it, but that ugly, unnecessary whiteboard takes up half of the screen. Can we get that screen fixed? Like seriously, please? I don't understand why they thought taking up half of the screen with a bright white section of the screen. I get what the idea of the notepad is. It was unnecessary in 2016 because TEW only took like 75% of my computer screen. So I could open up a notepad, or Excel, or a tournament tracker, or google, or whatever else I wanted to have in the corner. It was very nice having that 25% of the screen for whatever I needed at that moment. I get that making it bigger was because they wanted to use more in each screen. But the fact is on the modding screen. I am forced to constantly look at the left section of the screen & have a bright white light blurring in my face while I try to do stuff. I'll learn to overlook the fact that I'll have a much harder time trying to do things because it takes up my whole computer screen. I accept that & will learn to work around it. But can we please do something about the modding screen? Maybe reorganize the modding screen to be less of everything on the left side. Instead, lets spread it out on the screen. I'm willing to live without the whiteboard. I seriously hope this gets addressed.

May sound dumb to some people. But this is a massive thing for me.