Public Beta Reaction Thread

So what's the percentage that we're gonna get TEW2020 on the 14th? sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I didn't want to make a new thread for it.

After his message from yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if Mister Ryland doesn't tell us the release date until the last moment. In order not have too many people trying to access the website and buy/download the game at the same time.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to say that the guy who made that thread "Forum moderator appreciation thread" was obviously trolling. I don't think he was serious after looking at it. He clearly was mocking the mods & I don't think that is an accurate thing to say though. I think the mods do a fine job. I'm not saying they are perfect. Nobody is perfect. I don't think they are doing any weird bans or shutting down any threads of real criticism. I know they close threads to keep people from devolving into poo flinging. That is more to keep the website from becoming one huge drama pool. Look at the beta thread, people are constantly pointing out complaints & issues. Only time they come in is when people really start getting personal or arguing with each other. At least from what I've seen.

Maybe I shouldn't speak for them, but I think they don't mind people complaining. Of course they wouldn't mind people loving the game & singing high praise either.

I've been extremely critical of the game & never see or hear anything from the mods.

it’s okay to be critical of the game but once it devolves into personal attacks on adam, idol, the dev team, the mods, or people who enjoy the game - it becomes a problem.

Exactly, Nobody wants to be insulted for doing their job.

If you want to lambaste the game for nearly NOT releasing with an angle screen search option. Go ahead!

If you want to personally attack Adam, a mod, someone who loves the game or hates the game. That shouldn't fly.

I just want to say that the guy who made that thread "Forum moderator appreciation thread" was obviously trolling. I don't think he was serious after looking at it.

Uh, of course he was being sarcastic...

These people are braindead. The mods are not deleting criticisms of TEW. If anything they're organizing criticism of TEW. There is plenty of criticism on this forum about TEW. If 20 threads are created all saying the exact same thing, that's not deleting criticism.

The game has gotten a lot better since the beta released. I still would like a wee bit more scroll wheel functionality and maybe some better products if we're making do with this system, but other than that I don't have a lot of complaints. It's been super fun for these 3 month periods.

So it will release Friday. Interested to see what it looks like with the new layout.

I know the artist has created the new screens from the ground up, and I also know he has listened to a lot of members of the forum to gauge his direction with the theme. There will still be people who do not like it (personal tastes, etc.) but I think, from what we have seen so far, there will be a lot of happy members on the board.

I know the artist has created the new screens from the ground up, and I also know he has listened to a lot of members of the forum to gauge his direction with the theme. There will still be people who do not like it (personal tastes, etc.) but I think, from what we have seen so far, there will be a lot of happy members on the board.

The way they make it sound, they have re-done a bunch. I worry the changes aren't that different. More of just outline changes. I hope they added buttons on screens where buttons are clearly missing.

So the release date will be delayed. Just one day, but not the best public marketing. (And yes Thursday was never confirmed). Let’s hope the new skin/look is that much better. Then the day is worth it. If not it’s just disappointing. No harsh critic, just the calm before the storm if the look of the game was not worthy to wait another day.

So the release date will be delayed. Just one day, but not the best public marketing. (And yes Thursday was never confirmed). Let’s hope the new skin/look is that much better. Then the day is worth it. If not it’s just disappointing. No harsh critic, just the calm before the storm if the look of the game was not worthy to wait another day.

I think it's a little unfair to saddle the entire delay on the graphics. While Adam phrased it in a way that implies this is what he is waiting on, we have to remember that any changes Adam has made to the screens need to also be re-done by the artist. We don't know how many screens have had additional buttons or general re-organisation. So while it is true that Adam has been waiting to receive those images, the artist in turn would have been waiting for new instructions from Adam in regards to additions and subtractions of screen elements.

Just my opinion. The first release date was cancelled, the second guessed one couldn’t be made either. That’s not that big of a drama, but the public image GDS is showing on this is simply not that professional. That’s not a personal critic on any person working on TEW. It’s just a criticism in terms of marketing and public relations. That’s just worthy of improvement.

Just my opinion. The first release date was cancelled, the second guessed one couldn’t be made either. That’s not that big of a drama, but the public image GDS is showing on this is simply not that professional. That’s not a personal critic on any person working on TEW. It’s just a criticism in terms of marketing and public relations. That’s just worthy of improvement.

I get that. The initial release also left me feeling very deflated. I am hopeful for Friday though.

I can kind of see where some of the frustration with the release date changes are coming from, but Adam and crew are literally making changes to better the game based on feedback from players. They want to make the game as good as it can be before charging anyone money for it. We've been waiting for a new game in this series for the better part of four years, a few very short pushes is fine.

Games are delayed all the time WITHOUT constant communication. We've literally got a patch basically every single day since. There's been 21 patches to this game since it was delayed. Not a bad reason at all. And the second release date was a guess that is going be missed by like 20 hours... that's a pretty good guess to me.

Exactly, Nobody wants to be insulted for doing their job.

If you want to lambaste the game for nearly NOT releasing with an angle screen search option. Go ahead!

If you want to personally attack Adam, a mod, someone who loves the game or hates the game. That shouldn't fly.

Agreed, they are working their tails off to get this done. Plus, nobody benefits from the game being delayed. It's not like we've pre-ordered and paid already. The longer it takes the game to come out, the longer it takes Adam and the team to actually be rewarded for their efforts. So trust me, they are not doing this on purpose to disappoint you all.

Meh No Man’s Sky went from abysmal to legitimately great

But it also lost probably millions of dollars due to the bad launch

The first impression is the longest lasting impression.

I feel like patches & updates have made it too easy for companies to think it's okay to just release an unfinished game & then patch it into becoming a great game.

To Adam's credit, he seems to refuse to release the game for sell until it's something he feels comfortable releasing.