TCW Discussion Thread

true, but now its gone from too little, to too much. It shouldn't cost 210 million to make a broadcaster that is big in NA and medium in Mexico. Dev companies are a lot less useful without a broadcaster, especially in this game where the skill increases you got in 16 from dev companies are gone

100% agree on this. The lowest level are the right figures and the upper limits are far too unreasonable.

I will acknowledge that the patch today appears to have amended this somewhat.

100% agree on this. The lowest level are the right figures and the upper limits are far too unreasonable.

Hard disagree. It much better, but still way too strong. I refuse to use them at all, it's not even remotely close to balanced. Once you set up a broadcaster with anything above medium you literally can't lose money. It's impossible.

Hard disagree. It much better, but still way too strong. I refuse to use them at all, it's not even remotely close to balanced. Once you set up a broadcaster with anything above medium you literally can't lose money. It's impossible.

Agreed. This game makes it impossible to lose when you have a broadcaster. It shouldnt be something you easier obtain. This isnt like real life where any company can start a youtube channel. All broadcasters will improve pop and rather easily. It should be too high than too low.

So I ditched Battlezone in favor of reinstating Just Another Day? as the March PPV. In the main event, I continued the storyline with AA/Hawkins going to their third consecutive draw. This time it was a 30 Minute Ultimate Submission match that ended with three falls each. Slow build/open. Match rating was 90, a new best for this save, and the show got an 88, also a new high. :)

true, but now its gone from too little, to too much. It shouldn't cost 210 million to make a broadcaster that is big in NA and medium in Mexico. Dev companies are a lot less useful without a broadcaster, especially in this game where the skill increases you got in 16 from dev companies are gone

Just put the dev company on Wrestleworld

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="iruleall15" data-cite="iruleall15" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Agreed. This game makes it impossible to lose when you have a broadcaster. It shouldnt be something you easier obtain. This isnt like real life where any company can start a youtube channel. All broadcasters will improve pop and rather easily. It should be too high than too low.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The problem here isn't that you can just create a Youtube channel. Because that would be realistic. The problem is that in this game the Youtube channel would net you 100,000+ views at insignificant, and increase your pop gains by multiples for an investment of jack all when these channels don't even pay for the people managing them most of the time, and nobodies ever going to find your stuff because of the way Youtube is using the algorithm to appease advertisers and funnel views to the .1% of content creators.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="iruleall15" data-cite="iruleall15" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I dont think its possible it is?</div></blockquote><p> You can manage you dev company deals, I don't sww why you wouldn't be able to put them on Wrestleworld</p><p> </p><p> EDIT: As a test, I went and saw if you could put them there. You just have to pump up the production values</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ColossusPT" data-cite="ColossusPT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can manage you dev company deals, I don't sww why you wouldn't be able to put them on Wrestleworld<p> </p><p> EDIT: As a test, I went and saw if you could put them there. You just have to pump up the production values</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It has to be your own broadcaster I'm pretty sure</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ColossusPT" data-cite="ColossusPT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can manage you dev company deals, I don't sww why you wouldn't be able to put them on Wrestleworld<p> </p><p> EDIT: As a test, I went and saw if you could put them there. You just have to pump up the production values</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> How do you boost the dev production values?</p>

bb4611a1631d3a048f8e0f82a5ff921e.png

T-Bone Bright must be the most charming man in the world because everyone wants to put him over asap. I don't have enough events for T-Bone Bright to be put over in. The thing is, he's not even good enough to deserve to be put over that hard but I cant resist the easy push! Also someone tell Joshua Taylor he's not gonna win a title if he's putting average dudes over. Jeez.

T-Bone Bright must be the most charming man in the world because everyone wants to put him over asap. I don't have enough events for T-Bone Bright to be put over in. The thing is, he's not even good enough to deserve to be put over that hard but I cant resist the easy push! Also someone tell Joshua Taylor he's not gonna win a title if he's putting average dudes over. Jeez.

Human Arsenal offered to put him over day one, I kid not. And the entire first week the entire midcard babyface roster offered to put him over. He's gotta have like insane hidden stats. I will say this though, he's pretty decent given a few years and good grooming he'd be very solid. But He strikes me as a guy who'd jump ship on me as he'd make WAY more sense in a lower workrate fed.

Human Arsenal offered to put him over day one, I kid not. And the entire first week the entire midcard babyface roster offered to put him over. He's gotta have like insane hidden stats. I will say this though, he's pretty decent given a few years and good grooming he'd be very solid. But He strikes me as a guy who'd jump ship on me as he'd make WAY more sense in a lower workrate fed.

Oh yeah. He performs really well even though his stats dont really look that impressive to me. Tbh, I dont care if he turns into an egomaniac, Im pulling the trigger, Im even considering adding an extra event just so he can do an extra match. If I can force T-Bone Bright into a surprise mega star, I'll do it!

--

c533075e7661eb17bab32354164011b6.png

First PPV in the books.

TCW World Heavyweight Championship: Aaron “Ace” Andrews vs. “Our Lord and Savior” Jay Chord vs. “The Rock God” Sammy Bach: Aaron Andrews makes a successful title defense by pinning Chord. Just the night before he beat Chord in a singles match where he even put the title on the line because Chord wanted to prove that he would beat Andrews if it was 1 v 1. So this is a big morale loss for Chord. Bach is here. He drags the match down despite the good grade. I want to give Bach a huge push but hes way too underwhelming this year. His contract expires soon and I hope USPW grabs him. Chord's contract expires soon too lol.

“Straight Edge Superstar” Joshua Taylor vs. “The 24 Hour Party Animal” Edd Stone: This match graded better than the guys performed. I booked Taylor in '16 as Riddle copy but I dig him as the SES this time around. Stone is a fitting opponent. After Taylor/Huggins had beat Stone/Hocking, Taylor tried to convince Stone he could carry him to wins, after one tag win, they lost to Hocking & Huggins with Huggins pinning Stone. Stone was pissed off and made the challenge. He obviously loses.

“All Night Long” Freddy Huggins vs. “Shocking” Matt Hocking: Hocking gets some spotlight in a match against one of our upper midcarders Huggins. Huggins wins because hes trying to break into the main event. Impressive match overall.

One Man Army vs. Troy Tornado: Throwaway match. Originally One Man Army was going to win but then I realized Troy Tornado winning would boost his pop for when he puts over Bright lol.

Doc Hammond vs. T-Bone Bright: Hammond wanted to put T-Bone over so the original Speed vs. Bright was high jacked. Story is Hammond asked Speed to take his spot in the opener so he could test Bright himself after Bright beat Speed on TV.

Sinner Society (Eddie Peak, Killer Shark, Titan & Nick Booth) vs. Mighty Mo, Tana The Mighty, Yuri Yoshihara & Dean “The Machine” Daniels: Keeping Sinner Society strong even though Eddie Peak isn't the man I used to love. Mighty Mo is good and he'll be breaking off from Tana sooner or later to head into the main event picture. His contract is expiring soon though so we'll see if I can keep him.

“Great” Greg Gauge & “Rated R” Roderick Remus vs. Benny Benson & Flying Jimmy Foxx: Benny & Foxx asked Gauge to a tag match after failing to beat him for TV title, Gauge gets old MAW bud Remus. Gauge is already as good as Bach tbh. But I'm going to have him spend the year beating guest from all over the wrestling world in TV title matches. He's going to do this for 52 weeks. A different opponent every single time. Remus will be joining Sammy Bach's Cult as the 2nd in command.

“Dr. Love” Danny Fonzarelli & Dazzling Dave Diamond vs. Human Arsenal & The Maverick: Just keeping Danny & Dazzling strong. They're both in time decline but I'll be putting them in a stable led by Freddy Huggins and also featuring Flying Jimmy Foxx so they'll be the stable dads.

The Syndicate (Wolf Hawkins, Marc Speed, Eddie Chandler, Nate Johnson & Chris Flynn) vs. Darryl Devine, Chance Fortune, Jeremie Courtney, Elliot Thomas, Bart Biggins: Wolf Hawkins rejected facing Aaron Andrews and instead was tossed into the feud of Syndicate vs. Devine/Fortune, and throwaway guys Courtney/Thomas/Biggins get dragged into this beatdown. Chris Flynn gets the win here because hes pretty good and I'd like to elevate him. Syndicate aren't long for this world, because I'll be taking them out at Total Mayhem. One Man Army will reunite with Doc for the 6th record tying tag title reign. Wolf will get a real Wolf Pack. Ive got plans for Courtney/Thomas/Biggins too. Later in the show "Rock God" Sammy Bach is being the cool Jericho-ish dad and telling them how they couldve beat Hawkins.

-

I'd like to open a development company because MAW's monthly isn't enough. I'd also like to add Showcase as a B-show because I dont have enough TV time on Total Wrestling. Plus I like the idea that at some point Greg Gauge wrestle someone for the entire episode.

Champagne Lover is my UC. The idea is that TCW moves back to L.A. and Lover comes in as a booker. He wants to do crazy new things with TCW so we're changing towards Wrestling Nerd Nirvana. For now he just appears in a segment now and then. He will eventually come in as a commissioner of some sort. Im looking for the right opponent for him at Total Mayhem. We'll see what comes up, maybe someone like Bach gets signed away and I go Chord vs. Lover. Lover also wants to do what Cornell/Golden/Strong couldn't do and carry TCW to #1 in the world, topping USPW himself.

I think I'm going to have to continue my current TCW save. The ratings I'm putting up along with some of the talent I have is amazing. Far easier than my SWF game.

Eric Eisen's booking driving SWF into the ground.

USPW are getting close to mid-late 90s WCW, essentially signing anyone that is over.

My TCW save has just went supersonic due to a glut of good timing on contracts. I had a host of top guys in USPW/SWF/EILL's contracts all come up within a two month window, I bid hard on all of them and although I missed out on a good few I did manage to get Randy unleashed, Paul Huntington, Rick Law and best of all Mikey Lau, which have all fleshed out the upper midcard and main event scene no end! Added to this I already had RDJ as authority figure, when we moved up to Large size I also tempted Jack Bruce in to be a personality (he had rejected me several times previously), which means segments regularly in the 85-95 range between them and the usual main event suspects.

I've had some good luck with contracts, too. I missed Cameron Vessey and Tommy Cornell, but I got Roger Cade, Wade Orson, Zimmy Bumfhole, and High Flying Hawaiian.

Vessey was one I missed, when it got into the funny money levels of well over 100k per month I bailed, mainly based on his USA popularity being in the low 30s, meaning I would need to build him up over quite a long time. Great stats mind you!

Playing as booker so I suspect I'll have my hands tied but I'd probably do anything to get Vessey and Cornell in.

Cornell wouldn't talk to me, because I'm still medium. He signed with SWF. Right before they dropped to medium. Vessey I just fought for, but he picked CWA over me.

I’ve been trying not to sign *everyone* talented who comes out of contract to a) save money and b) keep the game competitive but the ones I have bid hard for and got in the first 8 months were Gino Montero, Rock God Alvarez, Spencer Spade, Casey Valentine and Matthew Keith. I didn’t pick up Emma Chase, Rick Law, Alicia Strong, Steven Parker, Running Wolf and a few others. Only other coming up soon who I’ll fight for is KC Glenn. With those guys and the indie guys I hired (for main roster and developmental) I have a pretty stacked roster of younger guys with great in-ring talent and good-to-great mic skills.

The Andrews/Hawkins feud finally ended with a Cage Match at Summer Showdown Where an Andrews victory meantHawkins has to disband The Syndicate. Hawkins will now turn face, beaten down by his former stable-mates and go on to feud with Chris Flynn (who I have at 71 pop.) to make him a star.

Meanwhile, Aaron Andrews will finally drop the title to Jay Chord who has been my best performer all year and deserves a big run.

Ive had 3 guys offer to put him over. Its nuts how many people have helped get him over. Doc Hammond, Josh Taylor and currently Freddy Huggins(turned face so this wont work)

I finished my first month.

Malice in Wonderland went off well. I put Wolf and Aaron's chemistry at Great against each other since the game basically says that is the money feud. Their match got an 87, 30 minute draw.

Tana & Mighty Mo beat the Behemoths for the titles and that story is now over. Tana is soo very disappointing. I had Mo cost them a match on the TV right before the PPV, then had Tana start turning even during the big win (Mo got the fall). Give them a few title wins then Tana will "accidentally" cost them the belts and attack Mo post-match. After that feud it is time to say good-bye to Tana's popularity on the way out. Mo is already a little bit of momentum from Major Star.

The stable the Behemoths are in is going bye-bye, starting with Nick on the next TV. Poor guy is gonna get drummed out by the 2 big men. Then Killer Shark is going to massacre Titan after a few losses. No feud, just going off to jobberville. Mr. Peak may just have a feud to put over a rising babyface though.

I brought in Ernest Youngman and he is running the Assassin gimmick. He and a heel Frankie Perez (Buzzsaw gimmick) have been lending their services to various heels on their way out of Unimportant. I figure the logical end to that is they dispose of the disappointing Elite tag team to replace them as Wolf's backup. I am also branding Davis Wayne Newton (danke schoen) and Nelson Callum the New Elite to be the stable's tag team down the road.

Speaking of the Elite, their storyline is done after a thorough domination of Devine Chance. Both teams are destined for jobbervile or the indies.

Gauge put Benny Benson out of his misery and is moving on. He will defend the belt against One Man Army and one of my developing heels is going to come out and make sure that goes well. From there it is basically the same as the Benson feud in the end. Except with 4 developing guys siphoning heat off.

Edd Stone has been doing well and I put him in a storyline against Doc. Once Doc also shames the Syndicate he will be out too. Will probably attach somebody to this as well.

Strangely, the only person outside of the main event to post good performances on a regular basis is Troy Tornado. Won't stop me from jobbing him out, but it is wierd.

Had two ideas for special TCW events. IDK if I'll do both or not but I've thought about doing something fun and unique for a while now

1. All Star Weekend - Everyone who won a championship or major achievement in the past year get entered into a tournament with the format changing based on how many different champions I have. Past winners will earn a lifetime invitation to the tournament and the winner gets a world title match in the future.

2. Newcomers Cup - Everyone who joined the TCW roster in the past year enters into a tournament. Like above, the winner gets a future title match and the format of the tournament will change based on how many people I have for it.

Had two ideas for special TCW events. IDK if I'll do both or not but I've thought about doing something fun and unique for a while now

1. All Star Weekend - Everyone who won a championship or major achievement in the past year get entered into a tournament with the format changing based on how many different champions I have. Past winners will earn a lifetime invitation to the tournament and the winner gets a world title match in the future.

2. Newcomers Cup - Everyone who joined the TCW roster in the past year enters into a tournament. Like above, the winner gets a future title match and the format of the tournament will change based on how many people I have for it.

I like this a lot. Normally, what I do at the last TV show of the year, regardless of promotion, is do a 5 on 5 match between the "ten top wrestlers" in the company kayfabe wise as a "best of the best" style match. I see it as a "greatest hits" type thing while not treating it as an exhibition. Being in the match is seen as a major accomplishment and so, everyone wants to win it.